Post Reply 17 posts Page 1 of 1
70000 Tons of Disney 2016
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

70000 Tons of Disney 2016

by Kingslayer » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:37 pm

I know that this is thinking way ahead, but a few friends and I are seriously thinking about hitting up Disney World right before the cruise next year. My way of thinking is, "We're gonna be in Florida anyway, so why not?". I'm sure that for most of us, it would make the trip that much more expensive, but, come on, it's fuckin' Disney World. I think a big pre-cruise Disney gathering would be badass!!
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: 70000 Tons of Disney 2016

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:18 am

Wife and I did Disney World pre 70K this year - just one day, taking in most of Epcot and the Magic Kingdom.

Be advised that it is a LOT of walking, and a lot of standing in queues - could be very exhausting to do that after 70k :P
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Buga B
    Oiler

by Buga B » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:03 am

cowboy71 wrote:Wife and I did Disney World pre 70K this year - just one day, taking in most of Epcot and the Magic Kingdom.

Be advised that it is a LOT of walking, and a lot of standing in queues - could be very exhausting to do that after 70k :P

How did you get there?
    Actually we wanted to go up there, but found out that it would take half of the day to get there and back with car from Miami, so we cancelled thetrip
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:14 am

We flew into Orlando and rented a car. Stayed there for a few days (at the Buena Vista Palace), drove down to Fort Lauderdale and returned the car there prior to the cruise.

The Buena Vista Palace was a great place to stay - not stupidly expensive, free shuttle bus to/from Disney, and just a 5 minute walk to the Downtown Disney shopping precinct.
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Buga B
    Oiler

by Buga B » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:31 am

cowboy71 wrote:We flew into Orlando and rented a car. Stayed there for a few days (at the Buena Vista Palace), drove down to Fort Lauderdale and returned the car there prior to the cruise.

The Buena Vista Palace was a great place to stay - not stupidly expensive, free shuttle bus to/from Disney, and just a 5 minute walk to the Downtown Disney shopping precinct.

Thank you! Mayb enext time we will choose this option instead of going up there by car fom Miami :)
    Sounds reasonable
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:38 am

I really wanna do all four parks, so I'm planning on landing in Florida, spending a few days at the resort, and then taking a bus or something to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale the day before we set sail

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:47 am

Kingslayer wrote:I really wanna do all four parks, so I'm planning on landing in Florida, spending a few days at the resort, and then taking a bus or something to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale the day before we set sail

Definitely leave a good amount of time between doing the parks, and 70K.

Especially if you do all four parks as you will be very drained from all the walking and standing in lines, and also from the sun!
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:25 am

Did the parks this year. An old friend wanted to go so I had to take him(mobility issues). We Spent 6 days in Orlando(Busch Garden, Sea World and 2 Universals). I did not liked, it is not my thing but I had time to spend with a friend 24/7.....
    metal4ever
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:27 am

This is something I'd really like to consider for next year also. One friend who will very likely be coming* is a huge fan of Disney, so it's definitely in the cards. (My personal preference would be Universal, but whatevs.)
    We'd probably be driving down from Atlanta, which helps with getting around before and after in S. Florida.

--
    * unless he goes on the Monsters of Rock cruise in April instead....
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Pellaz wrote:This is something I'd really like to consider for next year also. One friend who will very likely be coming* is a huge fan of Disney, so it's definitely in the cards. (My personal preference would be Universal, but whatevs.)
    We'd probably be driving down from Atlanta, which helps with getting around before and after in S. Florida.

--
    * unless he goes on the Monsters of Rock cruise in April instead....

I would fuckin' love to do Universal as well as DW, but I don't wanna burn out during (or even before) the cruise. And the Canadian dollar isn't doing all that great, so we'll see

Slayer13
    Oiler

by Slayer13 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:06 am

My girlfriend and I did Walt Disney World last year pre 70K. We hadn't been in a while and spent Saturday - Friday there and then drove down to Miami from Orlando. It's about a four hour drive from Orlando.

If you haven't been you need at least a week to truly see all four parks (and weather permitting) one or more of the water parks. Not to mention Downtown Disney. Depending on where you are staying it can be easier to have a car to get to and from the parks.

We are thinking of going next year as well but will only spend a few days at WDW and will hit up Universal Studios for a few days. Maybe even make it out to Tampa for Busch Gardens.
    Last edited by Slayer13 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
    70K 2014 - Survivor - Deck 4
    70K 2015 - Survivor - Deck 8
    70K 2016 - Survivor - Deck 7
    70K 2018 - Survivor - Deck 8

Wishlist for 2019 (work in progress): Abbath, Arkona, Avantasia, Brainstorm, Flotsam & Jetsam, Savatage, Voyager.
  • Buga B
    Oiler

by Buga B » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:04 am

Has anybody done Buschgardens? That's the only place I'm interested in, but I'm not sure whether it is worth the 4-hour drive... And can it be done in one day?
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:54 am

I can't say that's a place for me( universal Studios) maybe. I lived in Tampa/ St. Petersburg Florida for 8 years and never wanted to go, and they just changed the price to $105 for a day pass , Bush gardens + Adventure Island is a better deal you could buy a year pass for 2016 for $180 and spend days checking everything out compared to Disney
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:07 am

The only thing I'd want to do is go to the Harry Potter theme park, and I can probably do that in a day. Rides and other amusement park fare have long since become boring to me.

... though if anyone is interested in the Harry Potter one, I will think about going early to join you :D
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    PoOkie
    Wiper

by PoOkie » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:36 am

SO DOWN
    SO DOWN
    SO DOWN
    SO DOWN
    SO DOWN
    SO DOWN
    SO DOWN
    SO DOWN
    SO DOWN
    SO DOWN
    :oops:
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:38 am

Dat ass.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
  • igglepuff
    Oiler

by igglepuff » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:47 pm

Id be down. just need to see if my buddy who's going with me would be!
Post Reply 17 posts Page 1 of 1