Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: 300 Days!

by Pellaz » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:06 pm

Dimma wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

Yep. For many people on the boat who hail from countries where metal tours are rare or even nonexistent (I'm lookin' at YOU, Australia, Uzbekistan et al), seeing ANYONE is like metal nirvana. If you're going to shell out a crapload of money to book this cruise, 60 bands is a really BIG deal.

We're not exactly a backwater dude. Australia gets more metal tours than Florida and many other US States, that much is certain.

Rare? Nonexistent? A bit like your research. ;)

Yeah, I was working from the oft-stated opinions of my friends from Australia, nearly all of whom kvetch about how few tours they get. (Two of those metalheads are from Perth, however, which apparently IS a backwater. :lol: )
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:12 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Dimma wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

Yep. For many people on the boat who hail from countries where metal tours are rare or even nonexistent (I'm lookin' at YOU, Australia, Uzbekistan et al), seeing ANYONE is like metal nirvana. If you're going to shell out a crapload of money to book this cruise, 60 bands is a really BIG deal.

We're not exactly a backwater dude. Australia gets more metal tours than Florida and many other US States, that much is certain.

Rare? Nonexistent? A bit like your research. ;)

Yeah, I was working from the oft-stated opinions of my friends from Australia, nearly all of whom kvetch about how few tours they get. (Two of those metalheads are from Perth, however, which apparently IS a backwater. :lol: )

it is indeed, but they've only got themselves to blame, i've lost count on how many gigs i've been to the past couple of years, festivals and heavy hitters aside this ain't a bad list.

Carcass, Napalm Death, Fear Factory, Apocalyptica, Exodus, Mastadon, Prong, In Flames, Dream Theatre, Mayhem, Malmsteen, Trivium, Sepultura, Accept, Gorguts, Aborted, Tankard, Morbid Angel, Dark Tranquillity, Monster Magnet, Gloryhammer, Iced Earth, Lord, Testament, Volbeat, Kreator, Death Angel, D.R.I, Ringworm, Finntroll, Kataklysm, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Septicflesh, Coroner, Nile, Behemoth, Lita Ford, Sabaton, Nightwish, Dragonforce, Anthrax, Slayer, Butcher Babies, Anvil, Sabbath, Opeth, Incubus, Killswitch Engage, Uriah Heap, Cannibal Corpse, Municipal Waste, Gwar, Amon Amarth, Satyricon, Black Dalia Murder, Eyehategod, Gus G’s Firewind, Sirenia, Devin Townsend, Lamb of God, Amorphis, Flyleaf, Enslaved, Kamelot, Soilwork, Blue Oyster Cult, Cradle of Filth, Eluveitie, Ensiferum, Otep, Deep Purple, Aerosmith, Crue, Panther, Whoever Guns N Roses are these days, KISS every fucking year, NIN, Suicidal Tendencies, Marduk, At The Gates, Alestorm, Inquisition, Krisiun, Sinister, Bengal Tigers, Vanishing Point, Ne Obliviscaris, Orphanland, Airbourne, Epica, Coheed & Cambria....and that's just the 'metally' ones.

Dallas could probably add the bands i've missed.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:01 am

Nice work compiling that list :D

Definitely got it all covered there I reckon - we've done alright recently haven't we?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:30 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    Madkill wrote:I beg to differ... Evergrey, In Flames, Helloween, Kreator, Sabaton, Angra, Turisas, and Metal Church were awesome two.

I'd be more than happy to get some repeats from 2013. Too bad some bands are getting worse and worse and I lost all interest in them (In Flames, Turisas), but having Evergrey, Helloween, Angra and especially Sabaton would be awesome.

2013 Had 4 out of my 8 favorite bands of all time, Angra, Evergrey, Gotthard and In Flames.

And my girlfriend's favorite band, Helloween.

So yeah... 2013 repeats rule!!
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:51 pm

Nightwish told me they would love to play next year. whats the hold up?
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

2 / 4 = 6???

by Andy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:05 pm

• KDibildeaux
    Captain

Re: 2 / 4 = 6???

by KDibildeaux » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:13 pm

6th cruise will sail on February 4th
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:15 pm

If it is for the date, that clue makes no sense to people that use day/month to express dates instead of month/day like we do here in 'Murica
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:42 pm

Indeed - I read that as the 6th cruise is gonna be on the 2nd of April :D :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:47 pm

I hope it's not saying the cruise is six days long this time around - I don't want to use half of my vacation time just to go on this cruise.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:28 pm

This is just a way to stretch things out ,a clue about the date ,then the date;a clue about the new ship then the ship ;clues about the bands then the bands.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:41 pm

February 4th, 6th round of 70k. We all know that already... It's about time to stop the stupid teasers and give us something a little bit more... substantial.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:51 am

Good job Andy ! Even worse teasers than last year. Please keep us teased on facebook. I'm sure you can do better than last year.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:55 am

bodomdragon wrote:February 4th, 6th round of 70k. We all know that already... It's about time to stop the stupid teasers and give us something a little bit more... substantial.

Right man!
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:08 am

2/4 = 1/2 = 50%

He says he's giving us half the bands on feb 4th.

6 is the number of months he'll be quiet about announcements before that day.
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:18 am

Mr.Kito wrote:2/4 = 1/2 = 50%

He says he's giving us half the bands on feb 4th.

6 is the number of months he'll be quiet about announcements before that day.

Or maybe he just sucks at maths. Because, you know, 2/4 equals 0.5, not 6.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:55 am

Or

OR

2 / 4 = 6

2/4 = 1/2

Half of 6 is 3

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:41 am

Phoenix wrote:Or

OR

2 / 4 = 6

2/4 = 1/2

Half of 6 is 3

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Wishlist:

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:11 am

25 or 6 to 4 ,maybe the cruise will leave from Chicago or Chicago the band is the first ..
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:38 pm

OR

2 / 4 = 6

2/4 = 1/2

Half of 6 is 3

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED.

You win, any other post about the subject wont make sense anymore
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:25 pm

or maybe it stands for half price for all 6 time cruisers (including beverages) ... Thanks Andy :lol: :lol: :lol: :beerhorns: :cheers:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:45 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:25 or 6 to 4 ,maybe the cruise will leave from Chicago or Chicago the band is the first ..

They'd make about as much sense as D-A-D.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • igglepuff
    Oiler

by igglepuff » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:10 am

OR

2 / 4 = 6

2/4 = 1/2

Half of 6 is 3

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED.

flawless victory.

ps: gabe ate it.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Two 4ths of fuck all?
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:55 pm

Does anyone know how big the discount for returning cruisers, if there is one?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:37 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:Does anyone know how big the discount for returning cruisers, if there is one?

From last year:
    70k wrote:You've already sailed with us three or more times? Wow! Thank you so much for your loyalty! Like every year, Survivors of our previous cruises will get first dibs! But that's not all, as a UMC GOLD Survivor, you are entitled to the following:

You are in the first group to start booking on March 14, 2014 at 5:00PM EDT.

If you book before Public Sales (Before March 21, 2014) and choose to pay for your reservation In Full at the time of booking, you will receive a Discount of 15% on the Official Ticket Price (The discount does not apply to any Taxes, Fees or Surcharge Portion of the Grand Total Ticket Price).

If you book before Public Sales (Before March 21, 2014) and decide to pay for your reservation with our 4 Easy Monthly Installments Payment Plan, you will receive a Discount of 10% on the Official Ticket Price (The discount does not apply to any Taxes, Fees or Surcharge Portion of the Grand Total Ticket Price).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:29 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    ExtraneouS wrote:Does anyone know how big the discount for returning cruisers, if there is one?

From last year:
    70k wrote:You've already sailed with us three or more times? Wow! Thank you so much for your loyalty! Like every year, Survivors of our previous cruises will get first dibs! But that's not all, as a UMC GOLD Survivor, you are entitled to the following:

You are in the first group to start booking on March 14, 2014 at 5:00PM EDT.

If you book before Public Sales (Before March 21, 2014) and choose to pay for your reservation In Full at the time of booking, you will receive a Discount of 15% on the Official Ticket Price (The discount does not apply to any Taxes, Fees or Surcharge Portion of the Grand Total Ticket Price).

If you book before Public Sales (Before March 21, 2014) and decide to pay for your reservation with our 4 Easy Monthly Installments Payment Plan, you will receive a Discount of 10% on the Official Ticket Price (The discount does not apply to any Taxes, Fees or Surcharge Portion of the Grand Total Ticket Price).

Awesome, thanks. :headbanger:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:08 pm

That is a Gold Level discount ,5% for 4 payments and 10% full payment for 1 or 2 cruises.The terms of a Gold level might change to any 4 cruises (including the BTH),make sure you fill out the email for your Gold Level Grand Deluxe Limited Inner-Circle Golden Ticket Welcome Package :D .
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:30 pm

LOL - indeed.

And when you also consider the fact that it is only a percentage off the base cost, and does not include the taxes/fees/surcharges portion, its not much of a discount at all really. Especially if you are talking about one of the cheaper cabins.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    stranger_in_my_life
    Oiler

by stranger_in_my_life » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:13 am

70K 2015 survivor
    70K 2016 survivor
    70K 2017 survivor
    70K 2018 survivor

Lacuna Coil--Nightwish--Amaranthe--Sonata Artica--Mago de Oz
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:05 pm

Come on, let me book all ready :bitch:
    And a couple bands would be nice, just saying :viking:

been on all 6 but I can not say I have booked completely blind.
    Give me another 1st :bmhorns:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:11 pm

Speaking of booking, for those of you (like me!) making sure you've saved enough for a cabin, here thanks to the Wayback Machine are the costs of cabins for this year's cruise. Hopefully 2016 prices don't inflate too much!!!

http://web.archive.org/web/201404300556 ... ricing.php
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:11 pm

fuck this .... if I don't hear something on bands, booking or destination in the next 250 days from now I'm not gonna book this time. I'm just sick of :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: what was I saying? :givebeer:

:cheers: :beerhorns: :stagger:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:45 pm

:bangers:
    DragonLordJones wrote:fuck this .... if I don't hear something on bands, booking or destination in the next 250 days from now I'm not gonna book this time. I'm just sick of :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: what was I saying? :givebeer:

:cheers: :beerhorns: :stagger:

:bangers:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:58 pm

So, 283 days to go. Zero bands. How does this compare to previous years?

2011 - 13 bands announced
    2012 - first 7 bands announced with 280 days to go
    2013 - first 10 bands announced with 215 days to go
    2014 - 11 bands announced
    2015 - 16 bands announced
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:39 am

So compared to earlier cruises it isn't that bad yet.I think UMC would like to have any many good bands to announce in the beginning so people can't complain about the cruise turning out do their dislike. As stated before many of these bands probably can plan ahead , unlike older bands that do festivals and little else.Plus this is done in the non festival time of year so that complicates things also.
    What is strange is that the Royal Caribbean cruise everyone is assuming to be the 70 k slot is still open to public. Kicking people off the old Majesty was not a big deal.Mostly a brooze cruiser party boat.The new ship is used for bigger planned ahead event like weddings , family reunion and corporate getaways. You are getting into the time frame when the boat starts to sell a good amount of cabins.Why Royal Caribbean is waiting to black this cruise out is beyond me.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:49 am

deathmetalpat wrote: What is strange is that the Royal Caribbean cruise everyone is assuming to be the 70 k slot is still open to public.

True indeed:

Royal Caribbean Website wrote:4 Nights Western Caribbean Cruise
    Leaving from: Fort Lauderdale, Florida Departs: feb 4, 2016; feb 18, 2016 View all dates & availability
    Independence of the Seas
    THIS CRUISE VISITS 2 PORTS
    Fort Lauderdale,
    Cozumel,
    Mexico

So Indepencende was supposed to be our boat, and the dates and Port of departure match. I wonder why it's still open... maybe moving to an even bigger boat departing from somewhere else?
    Wishlist:

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:00 pm

I wouldn't rule out anything , I really surprised we don't have the port of departure now , I wonder how many people are booking rooms now assuming everything will be like last year?
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:10 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:What is strange is that the Royal Caribbean cruise everyone is assuming to be the 70 k slot is still open to public. Kicking people off the old Majesty was not a big deal.Mostly a brooze cruiser party boat.The new ship is used for bigger planned ahead event like weddings , family reunion and corporate getaways. You are getting into the time frame when the boat starts to sell a good amount of cabins.Why Royal Caribbean is waiting to black this cruise out is beyond me.

Simple. There's no contract in place yet and no initial downpayment from UMC. :evil:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:42 pm

Your right about the contract and down payment, that is why the cruise books for both 70k and the public for awhile. They have a early sales goal to meet ;once that happens RC blacks out cruises to public and redeploy people who booked before 70k took ship over .
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
Post Reply 2908 posts