Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

Re: 8 Months Until Departure!

by Jimbo2392 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:18 pm

Im not one to usually :bitch: but where is UMC with the destination? codes? bands? :cry:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:35 am

SOON!
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:43 pm

Only been on the last cruise and while it was awesome I'm already tired of being jerked around. With all these other cruises going on this is going to hurt them in the long run. I know a couple people that already booked other cruises. We almost booked on the Motorhead cruise, but I don't like their no refund policy and we've seen the bands 100 times each. We may still do that one if there are cabins available towards the sail date. Most people can only afford one cruise if any at all and postponing announcements and booking is not smart for UMC.

With the prices going up and lack of details I'm unsure if we will be going next year on 70,000. This cruise would cost less than $1000 for two of us to go on any other time. We spent around $4000 last year. That's just an insane amount for a 4 day cruise, even as awesome as it is. I don't know how all the people from overseas can manage to go.

That all said, if the first announcements are to our liking we may still book. Who knows. I think UMC is shooting themselves in the foot and they will not last conducting business like this. Eventually they will lose significant amounts of customers.

Rant over. :bitch: :bmhorns: :beerbang: :cool:
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:53 am

I am in the same boat as you! It's going to take some really good band announcements for me to consider going next year. This year was my first year to go and I had a blast but there are so many other things that are competing for my dollars and the ho hum attitude we get from UMC is really turning me off. What really bothered me this year was getting band announcements all the way up to the day before we sailed and the fiasco with the pool deck stage. I just don't get the feeling that UMC respects their audience.

SavaRon wrote:Only been on the last cruise and while it was awesome I'm already tired of being jerked around. With all these other cruises going on this is going to hurt them in the long run. I know a couple people that already booked other cruises. We almost booked on the Motorhead cruise, but I don't like their no refund policy and we've seen the bands 100 times each. We may still do that one if there are cabins available towards the sail date. Most people can only afford one cruise if any at all and postponing announcements and booking is not smart for UMC.

With the prices going up and lack of details I'm unsure if we will be going next year on 70,000. This cruise would cost less than $1000 for two of us to go on any other time. We spent around $4000 last year. That's just an insane amount for a 4 day cruise, even as awesome as it is. I don't know how all the people from overseas can manage to go.

That all said, if the first announcements are to our liking we may still book. Who knows. I think UMC is shooting themselves in the foot and they will not last conducting business like this. Eventually they will lose significant amounts of customers.

Rant over. :bitch: :bmhorns: :beerbang: :cool:
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:57 pm

For those that don't use facebook:

"Promocodes and Booking details will be delivered soon!"

But "soon" does not mean today because "We're still workin' on it to make sure everything rolls out nicely!"

And bands?

"We'll have the initial Artist lineup announced within the same time frame, more details to come!"
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:42 pm

cowboy71 wrote:For those that don't use facebook:

"Promocodes and Booking details will be delivered soon!"

But "soon" does not mean today because "We're still workin' on it to make sure everything rolls out nicely!"

And bands?

"We'll have the initial Artist lineup announced within the same time frame, more details to come!"

So, nothing new?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:49 pm

USD 4,000??? Wow... I spent $999 (cruise) + $500 (Amsterdam-FLL-Amsterdam) ticket + $150 (drinks + souvenirs) = $ 1,649.00.
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:52 pm

A Large Ocean view is listed as 175 square feet and a double costs $1466 p.p. Vs. a Deluxe Balcony D3 with 184 square feet and a 66 square foot balcony for a price of $1366.I guess the pricing is done that way so only triples , quads and people who suck at math book the Large Ocean view.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:03 am

Apathy is the biggest threat to this cruise now.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:15 am

Dimma wrote:Apathy is the biggest threat to this cruise now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv3jcpFjmus
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:25 am

I am sure I'll NOT book blindly but only if there are interesting (for me) bands announced.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:09 am

mikijonas wrote:USD 4,000??? Wow... I spent $999 (cruise) + $500 (Amsterdam-FLL-Amsterdam) ticket + $150 (drinks + souvenirs) = $ 1,649.00.

That's for me and my wife. We actually spent more if you include the night we stayed at the hard rock before the cruise. That was our choice so I'm not including that.

Being first timers last year most of the lower priced rooms were gone before we could book. We also don't want room mates. So the cruise was $3400 for a balcony room with all the fees. We spent around $600 on booze, merch and maybe $100 gambling. We didn't do any excursions. If I include gas, parking, etc. for the whole trip it was probably close to $4500 and we live in Florida! We can jump on 3-4 day cruises here for less than $500 for both of us all the time. This thing is extremely expensive. That's the main reason we haven't gone on earlier 70000tons sailings. I just couldn't justify the cost, but we pulled the trigger last year. I'm glad we did and had a great time, I just don't know with the way things are going if we will book again or not. Even with a cheaper room it's still going to be over $3000 to go for both of us.
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:10 am

After I posted, I realized that you probably was quoting expenses for two! :death:
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:38 pm

I sure hope they take out these stupid columns that block the view from certain angles...

"So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:53 pm

mikijonas wrote:USD 4,000??? Wow... I spent $999 (cruise) + $500 (Amsterdam-FLL-Amsterdam) ticket + $150 (drinks + souvenirs) = $ 1,649.00.

For the wife and I, each year its about $8k Australian.

$3k for the cruise, $3-4k for flights from Brisbane, and about another grand for all other incidentals (accom in FL, taxis, food, alcohol, presents, etc).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:11 pm

Madkill wrote:I sure hope they take out these stupid columns that block the view from certain angles...

+1. That was SO annoying!
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:33 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

For the wife and I, each year its about $8k Australian.

$3k for the cruise, $3-4k for flights from Brisbane, and about another grand for all other incidentals (accom in FL, taxis, food, alcohol, presents, etc).

And you guys basically fly in and out and aren't exactly alcoholics!

It ain't cheap anymore considering the changes in the dollar since the earlier cruises.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:18 am

This cruise is expensive for almost everyone now,a person living in Flordia who can drive and doesn't mind staying in a quad can do it cheap.Currency changes have wiped out the non-USA cruiser discount ,their seems to be a core group of cruisers who have unlimited funds and see many shows around the World.Most people get a couple of vacations a year and have to make a choice.Next year will probably have the most new cruisers since the first year.A lot of people came back with the bigger ship and headliners who where on previous cruises.Looks like the assumed set of returned bands (Sabaton ,Nightwish,and others) are out so many veterans are going to be wait and see.That makes it harder for them to book if all the cheap cabins are gone once line up suits them.
    We also need a destination and not like it was ever going to happen , we can officially rule out Nowhere , http://www.newsmaritime.com/2015/usa-ba ... o-nowhere/
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:00 am

deathmetalpat wrote: We also need a destination and not like it was ever going to happen , we can officially rule out Nowhere , http://www.newsmaritime.com/2015/usa-ba ... o-nowhere/

Heh, I was just about to post something about that. I wasn't expecting a cruise-to-nowhere either, but those are now officially off the table for all U.S.-origin cruises and lines. (They were rare anyway.)
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:45 pm

Madkill wrote:I sure hope they take out these stupid columns that block the view from certain angles...

Especially when the pool deck was gimped like a son of a bitch. Half the size then columns, no thank you. Give me the full size pool deck again.
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:50 am

The boat will be similar to the previous one => forget the "old" pool stage.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:24 pm

If they continue to drag this out long enough that there isn't time to make 4 payments by October, I'm not going to be able to go. It's not me being spoiled and demanding answers, it's the face that it's almost to the latest possible time where you have to start making payments and we're not able to.

Like seriously, I'm totally going to go but if I don't get promo codes soon, I literally cannot afford to go...
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:03 pm

Is today the day or what? Fuck..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:07 am

I have doubts if they ever announce bands. Perhaps they are in trouble. It fucks up more every year. :evil:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:10 am

I've been away from the forum for months... and everything's still the same...

No bands, no booking, no destination... but wow, we have the super bowl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think i'm gonna be in 70k 2016 no matter what (other problems), but i feel bad for who's looking forward to it.
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:58 am

Mr.Kito wrote:I don't think i'm gonna be in 70k 2016 no matter what (other problems), but i feel bad for who's looking forward to it.

Dude, you and I have some beers to drink in that boat, don't say that!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    manooel
    Crewman

by manooel » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:11 pm

Need destination, bands and promocodes !! Starting to freak out !! :bitch: :shred:
    70k 2015 - Cabin #6668
    70k 2016 - Cabin #6111
    70k 2017 - Cabin #6513
    70k 2018 - Cabin #6521
    70k 2019 - Cabin #6659
    70k 2020 - Cabin #9523
    70k 2023 - Cabin #8671
    70k 2024 - Cabin #7535
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:28 am

After the storys I told about this years cruise some of my friends really wanted to come along next year, but it's starting to get really hard to keep them excited in any way.
    By now I'm not sure if any of them are still interested in booking at all...
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:46 am

No announcement yet, but I'm quite sure that with the destination and the promocodes we will get a massive bands announcement and, hopefully, less silence between announcements at the end of the year or in January :roll:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:48 am

On a positive note for non-USD payers ,dollar weakening is making the cruise cheaper.There was some weakening in mid-May but then a rebound.If it where not for the problem in Greece ,I would say the dollar should continue to weaken the next 6-9 months.This would help installment payers and those who are waiting for line-up.Last year cheap female ($666) and not too bad male ($999) singles where available for purchase really close to sail date.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:04 am

deathmetalpat wrote:On a positive note for non-USD payers ,dollar weakening is making the cruise cheaper.There was some weakening in mid-May but then a rebound.If it where not for the problem in Greece ,I would say the dollar should continue to weaken the next 6-9 months.This would help installment payers and those who are waiting for line-up.Last year cheap female ($666) and not too bad male ($999) singles where available for purchase really close to sail date.

The USD - EUR rate has remained very stable for the past few weeks. At this point buying one USD costs 0.88€. I'd be more than happy to book at this rate. It's much more expensive than last year, but some predictions pointed out that we might reach parity (1 USD = 1 €) during this year so I'm ok with this rate.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:45 am

bodomdragon wrote:The USD - EUR rate has remained very stable for the past few weeks. At this point buying one USD costs 0.88€. I'd be more than happy to book at this rate. It's much more expensive than last year, but some predictions pointed out that we might reach parity (1 USD = 1 €) during this year so I'm ok with this rate.

Canadian dollar just gained 2 cents on the USD in the last couple of days. Bring forth the booking codes!
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    manooel
    Crewman

by manooel » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:24 am

Mark wrote:After the storys I told about this years cruise some of my friends really wanted to come along next year, but it's starting to get really hard to keep them excited in any way.

Same here... Anyways I'm gonna book a quad cabin and then I'll see which of my friends are willing to go, if none of them are coming I'll offer the available spaces I have in the forum. I'm not missing the boat just 'cause of my friends, and going solo means paying $100 extra bucks !
    70k 2015 - Cabin #6668
    70k 2016 - Cabin #6111
    70k 2017 - Cabin #6513
    70k 2018 - Cabin #6521
    70k 2019 - Cabin #6659
    70k 2020 - Cabin #9523
    70k 2023 - Cabin #8671
    70k 2024 - Cabin #7535
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:16 pm

Mark wrote:After the storys I told about this years cruise some of my friends really wanted to come along next year, but it's starting to get really hard to keep them excited in any way.

I'm in the same boat, if you'll pardon the pun. I've been touting this cruise to friends AND also during our radio show ever since last year, and I was really getting them excited 2-3 months ago. My friends who were interested are losing interest ("Is it really a good idea to commit that much money into a cruise that doesn't seem well organized?"), and who can blame them? They're tired of me telling them "hey, I think we'll be getting some news soon" every couple of weeks since effin' March. :evil:

manooel wrote:Same here... Anyways I'm gonna book a quad cabin and then I'll see which of my friends are willing to go, if none of them are coming I'll offer the available spaces I have in the forum. I'm not missing the boat just 'cause of my friends, and going solo means paying $100 extra bucks !

Yep, and it's not as if we're losing out too much - only 5% -- by not paying it all up front. I can afford to cover the first installment payment on a double or triple even if I don't have other friends joining in right away. I'd lose that 5%, but...who cares? It only applies to the cruise fare anyway, not to the taxes and junk fees.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:26 pm

taketheday wrote:...hopefully, less silence between announcements at the end of the year or in January :roll:

HAHAHAHAHA - you would like to think that, wouldn't you?

But even for the 2013 cruise, when the first bands were not announced until 27th of June 2012, they STILL SOMEHOW MANAGED TO FIND A WAY, to make us wait 60 days between band announcements (from 26th July to 26th September) at one stage.

So no, I'm not even hopeful of THAT :roll:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:38 am

cowboy71 wrote:HAHAHAHAHA - you would like to think that, wouldn't you?

But even for the 2013 cruise, when the first bands were not announced until 27th of June 2012, they STILL SOMEHOW MANAGED TO FIND A WAY, to make us wait 60 days between band announcements (from 26th July to 26th September) at one stage.

So no, I'm not even hopeful of THAT :roll:

I'm just dreaming, just trying to hope in a positive way :lol:

Well, of course, that will depends of how many bands we will get in every announcement :roll:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:56 pm

jodionline wrote:I have doubts if they ever announce bands. Perhaps they are in trouble. It fucks up more every year. :evil:

No trouble,the ship is definitely booked by UMC now for Feb. 4-8th,no turning back now.Long delay in booking could just be UMC wanting time off from dealing with cruisers and having a solid set of bands to announce at start of booking.However as many people mentioned above apathy is starting to set in and I think they take a big risk as people decide on other things to do with their money.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:23 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    jodionline wrote:I have doubts if they ever announce bands. Perhaps they are in trouble. It fucks up more every year. :evil:

No trouble,the ship is definitely booked by UMC now for Feb. 4-8th,no turning back now.Long delay in booking could just be UMC wanting time off from dealing with cruisers

"Those pesky cruisers! Actually hoping for announcements so they can send us piles of their hard-earned money! The nerve!"

and having a solid set of bands to announce at start of booking.

It needs to be solid...and numerous. 20 bands, preferably thirty, with some drop-dead names. Otherwise....

However as many people mentioned above apathy is starting to set in and I think they take a big risk as people decide on other things to do with their money.

...yeah, otherwise, that. ^^
    2025 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: 300 Days!

by cowboy71 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:30 pm

Another update :)

On this date in previous years:

2011 - we knew 18 bands
    2012 - we knew 12 bands
    2013 - we had nothing (but 26 bands had been announced for Barge To Hell)
    2014 - we knew 14 bands (and we had entered into that wonderful period of time where we ended up getting no announcements for 6 months)
    2015 - we knew 16 bands

First announcement for the 2013 cruise was June 26 so we've still got a week until its the latest in the year that we've ever waited for the first bands to be named.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:30 pm

Once bands did get announced for 2013, was it done with a band a day, or a large announcement all at once?
  • Post Reply 2908 posts