Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
    biertroll
    Midshipman

Re: Title: Time To Drop The Hammer!

by biertroll » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:10 pm

mikijonas wrote:C´mon guys... Some of us here are older!!!!!! My teenage years were listening to The Rods!!!! Give us a break!!!!!!!!!! :shred: :shred: :shred:

Would that be like this years Vicious Rumors or Crucified Barbara?
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:17 pm

biertroll wrote:
    mikijonas wrote:C´mon guys... Some of us here are older!!!!!! My teenage years were listening to The Rods!!!! Give us a break!!!!!!!!!! :shred: :shred: :shred:

No, Vicious Rumors & Crucified Barbara are good.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:19 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    biertroll wrote:

:lol: :lol: I will listen to the Rods when I get home then.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:27 pm

biertroll wrote:
    mikijonas wrote:
    C´mon guys... Some of us here are older!!!!!! My teenage years were listening to The Rods!!!! Give us a break!!!!!!!!!! :shred: :shred: :shred:

I can hardly wait, in 30 years, when you show your grandsons a band that you used to listen to, and they say: "Grandpa!!! This sucks!!!!!" :death: :death: :death:

Relax... All is in good fun!!! LONG LIVE METAL! Even at 50!
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:51 pm

I'm totally cool with old bands that make that guy ^ happy. I had fun listening to Anvil on the pool deck stage last year. Not what I listen to at home, but it sounds better on 70K with you freaks all around. :bangers:
    Brothers.of.Metal-/-Vintersorg-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Powerwolf-/-Finntroll-/-Eisbrecher-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Teräsbetoni-/-Avantasia-/-Edguy-/-Grai-/-Astral.Doors-/-Nodfyr-/-Scarab-/-Mono.Inc.-/-Kontrust-/-Heathen.Foray-/-The.Dread.Crew.Of.Oddwood-/-Turisas-/-Deathstars
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:07 pm

DEUS IREA wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Here's a new guess, definitely worse - quality-wise in my personal taste - than Rhapsody of Fire.

The Rods (sorted by the R).

Reason: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the-ro ... on-single/

I literally just came here to post

Yeah that makes sense, I really hope not though!!!

If we're going to have a couple "oldies" bands, there's way better than that. I don't know what exactly, but there's certainly better.

I gave Hellhammer a listen today and ugh, not liking it. There's a bunch of bands already that I do like, but I feel we're low on the br00talz. Rhapsody of Fire isn't bad, but let's get some death metal or something.

Edit: I would also take some stoner metal. Perhaps just one band. Something to make going back to Jamaica again more worth it. ;)
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:11 pm

If we were having Veronika Freeman on broad, I'd much rather Benedictum.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:23 pm

Never heard of "The Rods" so I wiki and Ronnie James Dio cousin is in the band.Today is RJD Brithday ,and this fits in with my spending money on younger bands.I imagine The Rods get a t-shirt and 15% off their cabins to play :lol:
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:36 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Never heard of "The Rods" so I wiki and Ronnie James Dio cousin is in the band.Today is RJD Brithday ,and this fits in with my spending money on younger bands.I imagine The Rods get a t-shirt and 15% off their cabins to play :lol:

yeah, and they do Dio covers live a lot... they'll be the next announcement, and it'll be today
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:12 pm

acidbasement wrote:I'm totally cool with old bands that make that guy ^ happy. I had fun listening to Anvil on the pool deck stage last year. Not what I listen to at home, but it sounds better on 70K with you freaks all around. :bangers:

Agreed, I will definitely watch a few songs.

Deck ? 2020
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:33 pm

The only thing with the "on the horizon = the rods" argument is that as Mrs Statsman pointed out to me, the clues have never been in relation to song titles.

Just looking at all the clues for this year:

Lacuna - any fellow countrymen? Fleshgod Apocalypse
    Delain - more female fronted Dutch? Epica
    Firewind - other guitar heroes? Children of Bodom
    Carach Angren - any Visions? Visions of Atlantis
    Epica - Ready for some Thrash? Sodom
    Sodom - where is that Rotting smell? Rotting Christ
    Rotting Christ - want to lose some sleep? Insomnium
    Tyr - hit the nail on the head? Hammerfall

Also, if ever part of the clue is part of the band name, it tends to be capitalised (ie Visions, and Rotting). So could rule out any bands with "smoke" or "horizon" in their band names :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:43 pm

This sounds impossible but wouldn't it be crazy if we got Pink Floyd? The lyrics to Comfortably Numb reference "a distant ship" and "smoke on the horizon". Not only that, but they fit nicely between MDB and Rotting Christ.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Savatage-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:18 pm

Latest 70k Facebook post:

The ‪#‎PoolGirls‬ were on Fire in Ocho Rios, ‪#‎Jamaica‬! Who's ready to hit the beach!?

Note the capitalisation of the F in Fire?

Lends weight to the Rhapsody of Fire argument :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • DEUS IREA
    Oiler

by DEUS IREA » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:18 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:This sounds impossible but wouldn't it be crazy if we got Pink Floyd? The lyrics to Comfortably Numb reference "a distant ship" and "smoke on the horizon". Not only that, but they fit nicely between MDB and Rotting Christ.

Man, if they got Pink Floyd that would make my whole life complete. Zero chance but what a thought and it would mean the worlds best guitarist onbroad too!!!!
    70k 2015 cabin 6235 survivor
    70k 2016 cabin 6513
    scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:18 pm

The last Facebook post says "The ‪#‎PoolGirls‬ were on Fire in Ocho Rios, ‪#‎Jamaica‬! Who's ready to hit the beach!? "

Fire is capitalized, so The rods can be ruled out for now. High on Fire, Iron Fire... R... Rhapsody of Fire? *gasp*
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:20 pm

scyll wrote:The last Facebook post says "The ‪#‎PoolGirls‬ were on Fire in Ocho Rios, ‪#‎Jamaica‬! Who's ready to hit the beach!? "

Fire is capitalized, so The rods can be ruled out for now. High on Fire, Iron Fire... R... Rhapsody of Fire? *gasp*

Next announcement has to also fall alphabetically between My Dying Bride and Rotting Christ, so the only one of those that fits is Rhapsody of Fire :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:25 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    scyll wrote:The last Facebook post says "The ‪#‎PoolGirls‬ were on Fire in Ocho Rios, ‪#‎Jamaica‬! Who's ready to hit the beach!? "

Next announcement has to also fall alphabetically between My Dying Bride and Rotting Christ, so the only one of those that fits is Rhapsody of Fire :)

If Rhapsody of Fire is announced I'll probably die. This lineup is literally unfair for fans of the heavier kind of metal. Which I'm NOT part of, so it's all good! :-P

About The Rods, I don't know if it was mentionned, but it starts with a "T", not a "R", like The Haunted in 2014. Ruled out.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:40 pm

That's an excellent point Scyll.

Some people when a "The" is used tend to alphabetise it via the name (ie "Rods, The").

But historically 70k have not - if you check the lineups, The Absence in 2011 and The Haunted in 2014 are listed as "T".
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:54 pm

cowboy71 wrote:That's an excellent point Scyll.

Some people when a "The" is used tend to alphabetise it via the name (ie "Rods, The").

But historically 70k have not - if you check the lineups, The Absence in 2011 and The Haunted in 2014 are listed as "T".

Ah good, never noticed that. This is a good thing though, no one was really happy about that band prospect. Rhapsody of Fire seems a better deal.

As someone who is VERY picky with her power metal, I'm a little weened out. Hard(er) stuff please? ChthoniC? Overkill? Bolt Thrower? Maybe some more FOLK of the folk bands?
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:28 pm

It's between My Dying Bride and Rotting Christ, so I'm guessing #RhapsodyOfFire70000Tons2016Confirmed
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:42 pm

rhapsody of fire would be awesome!

the suspense is killing me! :shock:
    2019: Survivor
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:21 pm

#boltthrowerbecauserhapsodyoffire

:lol:

Deck ? 2020
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:14 pm

As a power metal fan i am very pleased so far with many bands i like, but i think it is alredy time for some prog. iIhave never been on the cruise, has prog been included before?
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:22 pm

Sidvarg wrote:As a power metal fan i am very pleased so far with many bands i like, but i think it is alredy time for some prog. iIhave never been on the cruise, has prog been included before?

Its certainly not a genre that gets huge representation on the cruise, but the 2015 edition had Threshold and Divided Multitude. Both of which I believe can be at least loosely categorised as Prog Metal.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Ties
    Oiler

by Ties » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:29 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Sidvarg wrote:As a power metal fan i am very pleased so far with many bands i like, but i think it is alredy time for some prog. iIhave never been on the cruise, has prog been included before?

Its certainly not a genre that gets huge representation on the cruise, but the 2015 edition had Threshold and Divided Multitude. Both of which I believe can be at least loosely categorised as Prog Metal.

Right, and maybe you can count Triosphere as well. So there always have been 1-3 prog bands on broad. So what about Symphony X and Vanden Plas this time? Keeping my fingers crossed... :shots:
    2018 booked! Deck 10, cabin 1564.
    Lineup is already fantastic but could be even better with Ensiferum, Vanden Plas, Lord Of The Lost, Darkhaus and Powerwolf.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:49 am

So maybe the whole The Rods thing was a mere coincidence after all? Or maybe a clue for a future announcement? Good point with the bands being sorted by the 'The', this certainly rules them out as the next announcement, and after Facebook's thing I think it became quite clear that it's gonna be Rhapsody of Fire. Only thing I can say to that is: YEAH!!!!

Ties wrote:So what about Symphony X and Vanden Plas this time? Keeping my fingers crossed... :shots:

May Andy hear you, man!
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    DarthDavy
    Oiler

by DarthDavy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:05 am

Awesome line-up already this year. Better than last year for me. So booked again! :shred:
    70K 2015 - Cabin #8593
    70K 2016 - Cabin #7691
    70K 2017 - Cabin #7691
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:32 am

Andy has me spoiled. With round 3 of the game I expected at least 1 or 2 bands on friday.... Oh well, hopefully Monday brings some goodies.

Yay weenie metal bands. :shred:
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:50 pm

I'm 51, and I can honestly say I had never heard, or heard OF, The Rods before yesterday. :twisted:
    So....whew, looks like Rhapsody of Fire, which is fine...but we need more br00talz. :bmhorns:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2019: Booked!
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:44 pm

Can we pretty please get Allegaeon for some of our br00talz? I'm pretty sure they want to come on, and I'm told they're pretty chill.

Also, Ishahn would really make my day. Black metal sax music FTW.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Luxi
    Oiler

by Luxi » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:33 am

Any of these following names listed below, would make a nice addition to the 2016 cruise... Infernäl Mäjesty, Sacrifice (Can), Autopsy, Hellwitch, Sadistic Intent, Demilich, Razor, Oz, Immolation... :shred:

C-ya on board,

~ L u x i ~ / The Metal Crypt
    http://www.metalcrypt.com
    Last edited by Luxi on Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Wish list for 2017:

Sadistic Intent, Hellwitch, Demilich, Infernäl Mäjesty, Sacrifice (Can), Razor, Possessed, Immolation, Hobbs' Angel of Death, Morbid Saint, Autopsy, Dr. Shrinker, Nuclear Assault, Denying Nazarene, Destructor, Morgoth.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:25 am

Pellaz, did you start listen to metal in the 80s? NWOBHM?

Carl Kennedy and the Rods are one of the bands from that era!!!
    metal4ever
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:46 am

I agree! I remember The Rods touring the States with Metallica back in '84 or '85.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:59 am

I wonder if perhaps negotiations are prigressing slower than Andy anticipated on the band he meant to announce next. We saw that sort of happen last year with Sonata (or at least we all thought we did).
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:21 am

cowboy71 wrote:Next announcement has to also fall alphabetically between My Dying Bride and Rotting Christ, so the only one of those that fits is Rhapsody of Fire :)

How did you get this?
    10 of these bands will get me on 2017
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:26 am

The question mark on the artists or lineup page

Deck ? 2020
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:40 am

Aah, got it, nice :beerwink:
    10 of these bands will get me on 2017
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:53 am

broegaard wrote:Pellaz, did you start listen to metal in the 80s? NWOBHM?

Carl Kennedy and the Rods are one of the bands from that era!!!

Yeah, I listened to some NWOBHM, but I guess I overlooked The Rods.

So, NWOBHM bands? Tygers of Pan Tang for 70K! :lol:

(Always loved that name...one of the few band names out there drawn from Michael Moorcock's sword-and-sorcery books. France's Yyrkoon is another.)
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2019: Booked!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:03 pm

Phoenix wrote:I wonder if perhaps negotiations are prigressing slower than Andy anticipated on the band he meant to announce next. We saw that sort of happen last year with Sonata (or at least we all thought we did).

Highly possible.

Don't imagine we'll see an announcement today either - hasn't been an announcement on a Sunday yet for the 2016 cruise and historically its not a common day for band announcements to drop either.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:40 pm

I think the 70K crew is probably just getting the weekend off. The Hammerfall announcement was made very early on Friday (around 3 AM Pacific Time I believe) which gave them all day Friday to catch up and deal with the initial wave of public onsale booking requests. Maybe the next announcement is so huge that it could potentially sell out the cruise and they want to wait until the next business day to spill the beans.

I know it is pretty much impossible but maybe the smoke and fire is alluding to the next bands stage show.....Rammstein fits right between My Dying Bride and Rotting Christ.......just saying.... :lol: :shock: :D
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alkaloid-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Ash.Borer-/Asphyx-/-AT.THE.GATES-/-AUTOPSY-/-Barren.Earth-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Earth-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bolt.Thrower,(wishful.thinking)-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Cancer-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Coffins-/-Cormorant-/Corrosion.of.Conformity-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Damnation.Defaced-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-Desultory.(more.wishful.thinking)/-DISMEMBER.(wishful.thinking.that's.actually.possible.now!!!)-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Emperor-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Feral-/-FINNTROLL-/-Firespawn-/-Flotsam.&.Jetsam-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorguts-/-Gorod-/-Grand.Magus-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Graveworm-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hate.Eternal-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kadaver-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Profanal-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-Suffocation-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Tau.Cross-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Post Reply 2908 posts