Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 3 More from 3 Different Countries

by Azazel101 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:28 am

I will all ways give a band a chance if time permits.
    some of the best shows I have seen on the cruise where from bands I had zero interest in.
    never underestimate a live performance, and never from a band that is trying to prove them selves
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:40 am

1.5 days until I fly out.

What are the chances any of the final 10 will be announced before I leave?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:47 am

ddlm and susperia , i would attempt, probably playing early in the morning before breakfast lol...

wonder if there is no "hardrock" act as gotthard, victory, bonfire foreseen,
    and a guitar hero like michael schenker, or uli john roth,

would vote for yngwie malmsteen and dokken....
    + and one big name..... :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :3drunks: :3drunks: :3drunks: :3drunks:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:47 am

Susperia has my interest peaked a little .... thanks Andy.

depending on their show times and other interest, will give them a go along with DISTILLATOR. :shred: :cheers: :givebeer:

Dia De Los Muertos - sound interesting also, may be a good 10am band to get the juices flowing.

who knows this year .... I just wanna be on the boat and get away from my normal day shit. :beerhorns: :chug: :chug: :chug:
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:50 am

[quote I just wanna be on the boat and get away from my normal day shit. :beerhorns: :chug: :chug: :chug:[/quote]

yes... :heavydrink: :heavydrink: :heavydrink: :heavydrink: :heavydrink: :heavydrink:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:02 am

No interest in Koyi k Utho or DDLM, but might pop in to Distillator if nothing else is going on. Susperia is OK and I'll try to catch at least a little bit, but I won't prioritize them in case of conflicts.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:31 am

Memnoch wrote:Well, that's a solid zero sets in the last round of ten bands.

How is that possible? Did you overlook the Eluveitie announcement?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:35 am

So, as expected, mostly Cripper Award candidates I've never heard of.

Gave a shot to Día de los Muertos. Jeez, I'll keep my thoughts for myself. Susperia sound really cool though, first song I heard was very Testament-like. I'll try to hear more from these guys before taking my flight :)
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • drrock
    Crewman

by drrock » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:51 am

OMG, the line up gets even worse for me... Finally it feels like BTH II. I have no hope for the last 10 to announce. Cripper Award needs to be shared by 10 to 15 bands this year. If I want to see a bunch of unknown bands I´d rather see a local festival in a small venue and pay around 15 bucks for getting in. Now I sink my money in the worst line up ever. I dont think I will return to 70k in 2017. THX for nothing and goodbye Mr. Piller, you blew it!
    2017 = 40 yrs in rock and metal!
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:11 am

drrock wrote:OMG, the line up gets even worse for me... Finally it feels like BTH II. I have no hope for the last 10 to announce. Cripper Award needs to be shared by 10 to 15 bands this year. If I want to see a bunch of unknown bands I´d rather see a local festival in a small venue and pay around 15 bucks for getting in. Now I sink my money in the worst line up ever. I dont think I will return to 70k in 2017. THX for nothing and goodbye Mr. Piller, you blew it!

Yeah, it TOTALLY feels like BTH with bands such us Gamma Ray, Firewind, Iced Earth, Twilight Force, Delain, Lacuna Coil, Epica, Dragonfoce, Hammerfall, Raven, Rhapsody, Stratovarius, Subway to Sally, Turisas, Tyr or Visions of Atlantis. Dammit, I was expecting something more melodic too! Fuck this shit.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:20 am

Jotunheimr wrote:

I don't like folk metal. I could go watch Anna sing, but I don't have a mute button for the rest of the band (and whatever the hell she's playing). :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:26 am

Memnoch wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:

I don't like folk metal. I could go watch Anna sing, but I don't have a mute button for the rest of the band (and whatever the hell she's playing). :lol:

Well at least there's a karaoke session. How cool would that be if she sang for us?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:53 am

Fuck yeah!!! SUSPERIA!!!! One of the best announcements so far :shred:

Listen to 'Home Sweet Hell'!! Will be awesome live!!!! :metalguy: :shred: :bangers: :beerbang:
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:55 am

cowboy71 wrote:1.5 days until I fly out.

Are you on the 11am flight Friday???? Me three!!!
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:02 am

bernabeit wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:1.5 days until I fly out.

Are you on the 11am flight Friday???? Me three!!!

HAHAHA - that's awesome :) We will see you at the airport :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:22 am

Jotunheimr wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:I don't like folk metal. I could go watch Anna sing, but I don't have a mute button for the rest of the band (and whatever the hell she's playing). :lol:

Well at least there's a karaoke session. How cool would that be if she sang for us?

Or, better yet, Andy could try and bring Nucleus Torn onbroad. You know, we would have Anna sing for an actual good band. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:20 am

I've never heard of these bands, but I am checking them out. Susperia so far sounds all right. I'm hoping Distillator is good, I'm a few seconds into a song, and hell the cover art is pretty telling that I'll like them.

I can't think of why anyone would hate this entire line up. There really are a lot of great bands. We know a chunk of them will not be world famous. That's the case at a lot of festivals. They usually have some tent for little bands. You learn about new bands that way.

ETA: Holy shit, I like these adds! Also, DDLM has a lady growler, that's pretty cool. They've played ResuFest and with some big bands before, so I guess they're not completely some unknown band.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:04 am

Hmmm, Susperia doesn't sound how I remember, eh, nevermind..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:38 am

Susperia - sounds like more black/power metal (no thanks)

Distillator - not bad - thrashy. Might check them out.

DDLM - not sure about the vocals but the music isn't half bad.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:46 am

At The end of the day half of the bands in any festival are unknown or else.

Expect 60 great bands are just crazy. For me, I look for 15/20 solid bands and I got it.

I am happy with the lineup.
    metal4ever
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:51 am

Agree brother. For my musical taste, BEST LINE-UP EVER! :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :death: :death: :death:
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:06 am

:shred:
    Last edited by slayergeek on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:08 am

Holy shit, I like these adds! Also, DDLM has a lady growler, that's pretty cool. They've played ResuFest and with some big bands before, so I guess they're not completely some unknown band.

Yea, I checked them out, and while they lack name recognition, I am going to check out all three on board. Good adds!

Also I am going to add to the chorus of people asking for Amon Amarth[/quote]
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:21 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    drrock wrote:OMG, the line up gets even worse for me... Finally it feels like BTH II. I have no hope for the last 10 to announce. Cripper Award needs to be shared by 10 to 15 bands this year. If I want to see a bunch of unknown bands I´d rather see a local festival in a small venue and pay around 15 bucks for getting in. Now I sink my money in the worst line up ever. I dont think I will return to 70k in 2017. THX for nothing and goodbye Mr. Piller, you blew it!

Yeah, it TOTALLY feels like BTH with bands such us Gamma Ray, Firewind, Iced Earth, Twilight Force, Delain, Lacuna Coil, Epica, Dragonfoce, Hammerfall, Raven, Rhapsody, Stratovarius, Subway to Sally, Turisas, Tyr or Visions of Atlantis. Dammit, I was expecting something more melodic too! Fuck this shit.
    I hope the post means Barge to Hell as in this sucks for them ,I hate this, it is hell.In no way does this look like the actual Barge to Hell cruise ,last year was much more closer to that.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:23 am

mikijonas wrote:Agree brother. For my musical taste, BEST LINE-UP EVER! :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :death: :death: :death:

:bangers: Also agree!
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:22 am

I'm not a big fan of Power Metal, I like some Doom, can't stand Gothic and enjoy some Folk, and there was so many of those bands so It's good to have some variety. One of the reason I love festivals is because I get to discover new bands, I discovered many in the past at festivals.

I really like Industrial and I'm super pumped for Koyi K Utho, even though I had no clue who they were before they were announced. As for the trio of Susperia, Distillator and DDLM, I'll listen to them when I get home. Distillator sounds and looks really thrashy and I'm excited for that since thrash metal is my favorite genre.
  • J.m.Andersson
    Oiler

by J.m.Andersson » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:33 am

DragonLordJones wrote:who knows this year .... I just wanna be on the boat and get away from my normal day shit. :beerhorns: :chug: :chug: :chug:

Same reason why i booked the Cruise, then i saw that this year also had a great lineup aswell. but mostly to get away from work and all the other shit :3drunks:

BUT WE NEED MORE :deathmetal:
  • CFH
    Crewman

by CFH » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:41 am

My post from the wish list thread:

CFH wrote:......
    Dia De Los Muertos
    Susperia
    I know that at this point this list makes no difference, but it's a nice way to kill the time....

Needless to say, I'm quite stoked about the latest announcement. Thanks Andy!
  • J.m.Andersson
    Oiler

by J.m.Andersson » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:43 am

Susperia and DDLM are two band im definetly gonna go see... if they dont play to early
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:32 pm

bodomdragon wrote:

Touché ! .....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:42 pm

Listening to Distillator right now. :metalguy: :shred: Definitly going to see them.

DDLM are really interesting and I will probably check them out.

Dystopia is thrash but a bit generic I find, I'll listen to a few more songs and I'll check them out if there's no conflict with anything else.
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:51 pm

Memnoch wrote:Well, that's a solid zero sets in the last round of ten bands. Surely there must be a band or two I want to see in the last remaining bands? :beerwink:

I agree. Ten bands, none of which really interest me. It certainly doesn't help that it took nearly three months to announce the last round of ten.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:30 pm

No clue given with the last announcement. Wonder how long it will be before Andy begins the final round of 10 announcements? There are only 7 days left to announce 10 more bands so I can't see us having to wait more than a day or two...or three lol.

I know most of the next 10 will be Cripper contenders but I'm holding out hope that the next round will kick off with another well known band and finish off with another really big name announced during the beach party (Amon Amarth cough cough....)

While I'm not super excited about the Raven announcement I am pleased that it opens the door to the possibility of more 2014 repeats that I was thinking were probably ruled out. Carcass, Dark Tranquillity, Keep of Kalessin, November's Doom to name a few. I will be really surprised now if Gloryhammer does not get added. :D
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:30 pm

These last three announcements are pretty good. Susperia is an awesome announcement. They never play stateside so it's a good rare appearance. Never heard Distillator but they're fucking awesome. A double setter for sure and my vote for the Cripper award. DDLM isn't too shabby. Well done, UMC.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:28 pm

I'm often unhappy about how anouncements are made -and still am a little : 10bands for 7 days it's unbelievable-; but for me, Susperia and Distillator are good surprises. Thanks.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:55 pm

I was almost thinking no announcement days were over, but that end of round talk..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:19 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:No clue given with the last announcement. Wonder how long it will be before Andy begins the final round of 10 announcements? There are only 7 days left to announce 10 more bands so I can't see us having to wait more than a day or two...or three lol.

I know most of the next 10 will be Cripper contenders but I'm holding out hope that the next round will kick off with another well known band and finish off with another really big name announced during the beach party (Amon Amarth cough cough....)

That would be pretty amazing.....but it IS possible. Especially with that weird Johan thing going on (2/2 and 2/9).
    It would mean that three out of the top four most-requested bands from the poll would be on the boat. (Amon Amarth was #1, Sabaton was #2 and are ruled out, Eluveitie was #3 and Insomnium was #4.)

While I'm not super excited about the Raven announcement I am pleased that it opens the door to the possibility of more 2014 repeats that I was thinking were probably ruled out. Carcass, Dark Tranquillity, Keep of Kalessin, November's Doom to name a few. I will be really surprised now if Gloryhammer does not get added. :D

I'd like all of the above, thanks. I'd realllly love to see DT and Keep of Kalessin again. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • germanegyptiangirl
    Oiler

by germanegyptiangirl » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:10 pm

I would be the happiest person ever if Amon Amarth, Agalloch, Gloryhammer, and Swallow the Sun got announced. I have seen Amon Amarth before ( at least 3-4 times) but they are always amazing and one of my favourite bands. Until now I love the line up and there are more bands I want to see this year than in the past years so it works out. I am not interested in the last 3 bands that were announced but I have so many bands I want to see on the cruise that I am alright with only getting 1 or 2 more bands that interest me. Still have this hope that the 4 bands I mentioned would be announced, but I somehow doubt that there is much chance for Agalloch to be announced.
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:14 pm

I am beginning to think that our expectations are a little too high at this stage of the game.

Having said that, i am hoping for at least two relatively big bands in the "next round".
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:33 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:I am beginning to think that our expectations are a little too high at this stage of the game.

Having said that, i am hoping for at least two relatively big bands in the "next round".

One big, one mid, 2 small but heard before and 6/7....who?
    metal4ever
  • Post Reply 2908 posts