Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: JAMMING WITH WATERS IN INTERNATIONAL WATERS - Set List

by deathmetalpat » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:45 pm

Looking at some of the pictures on Instagram and FB and only lost the first pool deck band.Seems more girls are on the ship which is very good ,could improve the atmosphere.Quite a few people are using the Internet and posting things ,The Majesty basically was the dark territory of social media ,checking email was unbelievable hard ,slow and expensive .
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:56 am

I have been posting a lot on the 70000 Tons Facebook group and Instagram.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:03 am

February 2 - 6, 2017 Labadee Haiti!!
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:25 am

Fantastic cruise this year. Best one since Barge to Hell for me. And here come the post cruise blues. :cry:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:16 am

Labadee is problably the cheapest port because Royal Caribbean owns the lease and Super Bowl weekend again.Royal Caribbean makes the most money per passenger there ,so all these factors mean money to send on bands.I imagine some of the more expensive cabins might be lowered in price a bit to help the destroyed currency people.Also big drop in fuel prices at time of booking will be a big help also.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:33 am

I don't want to get off the boat. :cry:
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:40 am

Wow what a trip. Some fuckups but cannot blame the dragonforce thing on the skipper and sure as hell cannot blame him for the weather!

Great lineup, great shows, hanging out with my cruise family amazing.

Saw more shows, attended less meet and greets and took less photos with band members than ever before. Just enjoyed talking to people and tried not to fanboy out TOO much :)

Great job skipper.

But you've got me wondering what you are going to bait the hook with, to get me to break my word and go for 70K #7 .

EDIT: only constructive criticism to offer this year - seemed to be quite a few technical difficulties with sound this year, and some of the venue lighting was not good. Too much strobe lights in the ice rink, and there were some blinding white lights behind the theatre stage that almost gave me an instant migraine.
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:11 am

2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:19 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Wow what a trip. Some fuckups but cannot blame the dragonforce thing on the skipper and sure as hell cannot blame him for the weather!

Saw more shows, attended less meet and greets and took less photos with band members than ever before. Just enjoyed talking to people and tried not to fanboy out TOO much :)

Great job skipper.

But you've got me wondering what you are going to bait the hook with, to get me to break my word and go for 70K #7 .

EDIT: only constructive criticism to offer this year - seemed to be quite a few technical difficulties with sound this year, and some of the venue lighting was not good. Too much strobe lights in the ice rink, and there were some blinding white lights behind the theatre stage that almost gave me an instant migraine.

Dragonforce thing?
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    TEKWRX
    Oiler

by TEKWRX » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:49 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Dragonforce thing?

The singer and guitar player (not Herman Li) ended up smoking some REALLY strong weed in Jamaica and ended up in a super paranoid freak out state in their room basically unable to function. The singer had to visit the ship doctor and get and I.V. (and was charged $300,lol) Dragonforce had to play a make up show at like 3am.
    ----------------------------
    BTH Survivor (2012)
    70k 2016 Survivor
    ----------------------------
    ravenous
    Crewman

by ravenous » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:32 pm

It was singer and bass player that smoked the Jamaican weed....that did not effect their show at all. They had a technical problem during their first set that basically forced the cancel ( they played 1 song) and it was before the weed story. They said they sent equipment out to be fixed and hadn't tested it before the show and it ended up still being broken. The set that was cancelled was before we arrived in jamaica.
    70k Survivor-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019
    -/-Witherfall-/-Alestorm-/-Exhorder-/-Soilwork-/-Kobra-and-the-Lotus-/-Powermad-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Symphony.X-/-Iced.Earth-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Leaves.Eyes-/-Overkill-/-Death.Angel-/-Testament-/-The.Order.of.Chaos-/-The.Agonist-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Epica-/-Into.Eternity-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Sanctuary-/-Wintersun-/-Powerglove-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Queensryche-/-Hatchet-/-
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:52 pm

ravenous wrote:It was singer and bass player that smoked the Jamaican weed....that did not effect their show at all. They had a technical problem during their first set that basically forced the cancel ( they played 1 song) and it was before the weed story. They said they sent equipment out to be fixed and hadn't tested it before the show and it ended up still being broken. The set that was cancelled was before we arrived in jamaica.

Pretty much this. It was a problem with Dragonforce own equipment (n-ear monitors, I think) during setup of the first show.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • HermanLi
    Wiper

by HermanLi » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:49 pm

So this what really happened.
    1st DragonForce scheduled show.
    All we heard in our in ear monitors was a helicopter sound like engine sound of the cruise, louder than anything else. The crew kept saying it was our equipment and it was the same when we finally switched to the in house/cruise monitoring desk and it was exactly the same. We couldn't hear anything, by then it was too late too.

We tested our gear the next day and everything was working perfectly fine. Crystal clear. There was some unexplainable crazy power issue that show day. That noise could be heard even through the PA.

The reschedule 3am show with the same gear, everything was working perfectly.

Thanks to everyone who stayed up to watch the show. We had the worst luck ever on a cruise this time. We really appreciate the fans for being so great and CRaZy at the shows.

I was really really disappointed the pool deck show didn't happen as I had a guitar designed especially just to play that 1 set!

Thank you!
  • Decibel
    Oiler

by Decibel » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:30 am

HermanLi wrote:So this what really happened.
    All we heard in our in ear monitors was a helicopter sound like engine sound of the cruise, louder than anything else. The crew kept saying it was our equipment and it was the same when we finally switched to the in house/cruise monitoring desk and it was exactly the same. We couldn't hear anything, by then it was too late too.

We tested our gear the next day and everything was working perfectly fine. Crystal clear. There was some unexplainable crazy power issue that show day. That noise could be heard even through the PA.

Thanks to everyone who stayed up to watch the show. We had the worst luck ever on a cruise this time. We really appreciate the fans for being so great and CRaZy at the shows.

I was really really disappointed the pool deck show didn't happen as I had a guitar designed especially just to play that 1 set!

Thank you!

You guys nailed the sets regardless, i'm really glad I caught them and I'm even more impressed you decided to post on here and explain the situation. I personally look forward to seeing you guys play in the future, it was awesome!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:40 pm

Thanks for the explanation Herman! Hope to see what you guys had planned 2 years from now
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:10 pm

That first Dragonforce show was insane. Watching the guys from epica and delain going over the barrier time and time again was hilarious!!!

And Marc - we could see he was crook but my god he gave it his all. Sounded incredible.

Probably my fave Dragonforce performance ever.

Thanks for taking the time to come and explain it all Herman.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:25 pm

Thank you!

This right here is awesome (not the problems, but Herman coming in and explaining it himself!)
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • cyberchp
    Oiler

by cyberchp » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:58 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Wow what a trip. Some fuckups but cannot blame the dragonforce thing on the skipper and sure as hell cannot blame him for the weather!

Great job skipper.

Yea the strobes at the ice rink was crazy. Who ever did the Fallujah lighting on Sunday in Alhambra was awesome. :cheers:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:44 pm

HermanLi wrote:I was really really disappointed the pool deck show didn't happen as I had a guitar designed especially just to play that 1 set!
    Thank you!

That was actually the first thing I thought of when I heard about the cancellation/rescheduling. "Awww, man, there's no hot-tub where they'll be playing! So, no hot-tub/guitar shenanigans!" :cry:

Also, thanks for posting the info "directly from the source" here, too. It's an awesome thing to do. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:00 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    HermanLi wrote:I was really really disappointed the pool deck show didn't happen as I had a guitar designed especially just to play that 1 set!
    Thank you!

That was actually the first thing I thought of when I heard about the cancellation/rescheduling. "Awww, man, there's no hot-tub where they'll be playing! So, no hot-tub/guitar shenanigans!" :cry:

Also, thanks for posting the info "directly from the source" here, too. It's an awesome thing to do. :headbanger:

Herman said it cost $4,000 to have a guitar made JUST for the pool deck show :(

But him crowd surfing while still playing, and Marc crowd surfing while still singing, was awesome :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:33 am

Thank you!

You guys rock. It was great to see you live again, and the second show was a motherfucking party. See you guys in Barcelona in a few months. Also, it was great to have the chance to talk to you for a while in the promenade, you're awesome, dude!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:41 pm

Where are the announcements for 2017?? What's taking so long?!
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:14 pm

Now I've had some time to relax and really think about the cruise. This one was spectacular. I'd put it at #3 for me after the first cruise in 2011 and Barge to Hell. It was great.

Here are some completely unorganized thoughts:

Moonspell's Irreligious show was outstanding. My favorite of the trip. Epica's second show in the theater was a close second.

I was greatly saddened by losing the pool deck on the last night but UMC did a good job squeezing everyone in for a second performance. All those bands that missed out on playing there should come back. ;)

Pyramid Lounge sucks. It's a great place to go listen to a band but not to see one. Which is a shame because of the few shows that were there, the bands sounded great. Ice Rink sound was pretty bad at times. Couldn't hear guitars. Also, calm down on the strobe lights. The theater was my favorite venue this year. Good sound and I really, really liked the lighting until those spotlights showed up.

I thought the security folks were great. Didn't see any issues with them. The cruisers themselves seemed to behave a lot better this time as well. That increasing "douchebag" element was missing from this one. It did look like one room was being kept under guard on deck 2 so something probably happened.

I'm never going into that hot tub in front of the stage. What a shitshow. :lol: :stagger:

Didn't like that smoking was allowed inside the pub. Not enough air flow in there.

Merch line was short when I went. I also grabbed a 70K shirt at the stand on the promenade and it only took 15 minutes.

Royal Caribbean did a lot better this time. The staff was great. They seemed to be enjoying themselves for the most part and I felt like we were welcomed on the Independence. I can't put into words how much better the onbroading process was handled. I thought the food overall was a lot better as well. Except the pizza. Holy shit that was bad. Only squeezed in one fancy dinner but the beef was good. The bartender at the Schooner Bar was awesome. They also opened up the soft serve ice cream machine next to the pool stage. That was nice.

I suck at mini golf.

Didn't get off the ship. Don't think I missed much there. Sleeping and relaxing all day was a good choice.

The ride was quite smooth until the storm on the last day, but even that was not as strong as I've experienced on some past cruises.

The best part of the whole trip was being able to see old friends again. Over the course of these seven cruises I have had the pleasure to meet so many of you and some of my best memories aren't of the music, but of my metal family. I can't imagine missing out on seeing you all again.

I'm forgetting lots of stuff but I'm sure it will be discussed in the months ahead.

:bangers:
  • Diomedes
    Oiler

by Diomedes » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:43 pm

mooyagi wrote:Royal Caribbean did a lot better this time. The staff was great. They seemed to be enjoying themselves for the most part and I felt like we were welcomed on the Independence. I can't put into words how much better the onbroading process was handled. I thought the food overall was a lot better as well. Except the pizza. Holy shit that was bad. Only squeezed in one fancy dinner but the beef was good. The bartender at the Schooner Bar was awesome. They also opened up the soft serve ice cream machine next to the pool stage. That was nice.

I actually agree with 95% of what you said but this paragraph in particular I want to +1. I felt like I actually got a long with much of the crew. They were extremely pleasant to interact with and looked like they were having a lot of fun too. Also I can't think of a single year where the boat figured out how to make a pizza. It's become a running joke to me now how they haven't figured pizza out.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:17 pm

Diomedes wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Royal Caribbean did a lot better this time. The staff was great. They seemed to be enjoying themselves for the most part and I felt like we were welcomed on the Independence. I can't put into words how much better the onbroading process was handled. I thought the food overall was a lot better as well. Except the pizza. Holy shit that was bad. Only squeezed in one fancy dinner but the beef was good. The bartender at the Schooner Bar was awesome. They also opened up the soft serve ice cream machine next to the pool stage. That was nice.

I actually agree with 95% of what you said but this paragraph in particular I want to +1. I felt like I actually got a long with much of the crew. They were extremely pleasant to interact with and looked like they were having a lot of fun too. Also I can't think of a single year where the boat figured out how to make a pizza. It's become a running joke to me now how they haven't figured pizza out.

+1
    Someone in the forum mentioned how bad the pizza was, but I brushed it off because I usually enjoy even the worst of pizzas. After having that pizza twice, I started to feel sick from even walking past that place. I don't get it. They make $2.50 frozen pizzas and little Caesars seem like gourmet. I don't know who Sorrento is, but he should be ashamed!

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:50 pm

mooyagi wrote:That increasing "douchebag" element was missing from this one.

AMEN!!!
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:55 pm

Had such an amazing time. Perhaps better than the last year but that's because I went with friends. Saw live bands I won't probally see in my hometown ever or for a while so that was also a huge plus! Can't think of anything negative to say about this year, everything from meeting new friends, hanging with current ones or even from last year, to the food was all great. Hope all goes well with my job to do it again next year! :beerhorns:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:03 pm

One thing I must say is that this crew was so Amazing compared to last years.
    Independence of the seas was so much better than Liberty
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:06 am

mooyagi wrote:Now I've had some time to relax and really think about the cruise. This one was spectacular. I'd put it at #3 for me after the first cruise in 2011 and Barge to Hell. It was great.

Here are some completely unorganized thoughts:

Moonspell's Irreligious show was outstanding. My favorite of the trip. Epica's second show in the theater was a close second.

I was greatly saddened by losing the pool deck on the last night but UMC did a good job squeezing everyone in for a second performance. All those bands that missed out on playing there should come back. ;)

Pyramid Lounge sucks. It's a great place to go listen to a band but not to see one. Which is a shame because of the few shows that were there, the bands sounded great. Ice Rink sound was pretty bad at times. Couldn't hear guitars. Also, calm down on the strobe lights. The theater was my favorite venue this year. Good sound and I really, really liked the lighting until those spotlights showed up.

I thought the security folks were great. Didn't see any issues with them. The cruisers themselves seemed to behave a lot better this time as well. That increasing "douchebag" element was missing from this one. It did look like one room was being kept under guard on deck 2 so something probably happened.

I'm never going into that hot tub in front of the stage. What a shitshow. :lol: :stagger:

Didn't like that smoking was allowed inside the pub. Not enough air flow in there.

Merch line was short when I went. I also grabbed a 70K shirt at the stand on the promenade and it only took 15 minutes.

Royal Caribbean did a lot better this time. The staff was great. They seemed to be enjoying themselves for the most part and I felt like we were welcomed on the Independence. I can't put into words how much better the onbroading process was handled. I thought the food overall was a lot better as well. Except the pizza. Holy shit that was bad. Only squeezed in one fancy dinner but the beef was good. The bartender at the Schooner Bar was awesome. They also opened up the soft serve ice cream machine next to the pool stage. That was nice.

I suck at mini golf.

Didn't get off the ship. Don't think I missed much there. Sleeping and relaxing all day was a good choice.

The ride was quite smooth until the storm on the last day, but even that was not as strong as I've experienced on some past cruises.

The best part of the whole trip was being able to see old friends again. Over the course of these seven cruises I have had the pleasure to meet so many of you and some of my best memories aren't of the music, but of my metal family. I can't imagine missing out on seeing you all again.

I'm forgetting lots of stuff but I'm sure it will be discussed in the months ahead.

:bangers:

Agree with pretty much everything. Except that my favourite venue is, by far, the ice rink. The theater has so little room for people standing...
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:55 am

mooyagi wrote:I thought the security folks were great. Didn't see any issues with them. The cruisers themselves seemed to behave a lot better this time as well. That increasing "douchebag" element was missing from this one. It did look like one room was being kept under guard on deck 2 so something probably happened.

Yeah what was up with that? We were a few cabins down.
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:00 am

Rjturtle9 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I thought the security folks were great. Didn't see any issues with them. The cruisers themselves seemed to behave a lot better this time as well. That increasing "douchebag" element was missing from this one. It did look like one room was being kept under guard on deck 2 so something probably happened.

Yeah what was up with that? We were a few cabins down.

Maybe someone was sick and was not allowed to exit his room?
    Wishlist:

• Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:42 am

Madkill wrote:

AMEN!!!

Aye I was really surprised how well everybody managed to behave this year. I didn't meet a single guy acting like an asshole the whole cruise while I seemed to spot one every other show last year.
    Wonder what happened there :bitch:
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:58 am

mooyagi wrote:I suck at mini golf.

Yeah, I think Sarah kinda schooled us all there... was still fun tho eh?

70k 2016 was one of my more enjoyable voyages as well.
    My biggest regret was missing a good chunk of Day 2. I stayed up fairly late on Day 1 to catch Insomnium, and was only able to get a few hours of sleep. I managed to make it through seeing My Dying Bride (what an awesome set on the pool deck!), and was intending to nap for couple of hours afterwards before seeing Paradise Lost. I set an alarm, however it either never went off, or my body was just that drained - I ended up not waking up until around 8am on Day 3! I missed a lot of what I wanted to see on Day 2, but I think I managed to catch everyone's second set on Days 3 & 4.

Other random comments/notes/observations:

-Smoking in pub = lame
    -Royal Caribbean seemed to have their shit together for the boarding process, it took very little time at all compared to previous years
    -RC seemed very diligent with cleanup; I was sitting in the Ice Rink after some show had ended (forget which one, but irrelevant), and noticed how littered the floor was with cans/cups/etc. RC had the floor all cleaned up before the next show started. It was amazing to see how fast they cleaned up, and at the same time it was appalling to think that that's the sort of crowd we are, to leave trash just laying about. Sad but true, I guess.
    -Shock at the price increase of the 70k merch
    -I too suck at mini golf

Anyway, it'll be hard to top this year methinks. Can't wait to see what the lineup looks like for 2017.
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:18 am

Between the pool deck and all the stages running on time, security being nice, the buffet being open til 4am, the incredible lineup and all the first timers bringing back the magic of the first cruise for me; this was my favourite cruise yet. Saw 55 sets, slept around 9-10 hours and only managed to spend 225 bucks.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:02 am

Thank you!

The show is always epic and top notch -Love you guys! This just means you'll have to come back again soon to use that guitar. :party: Safe travels Herman!
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    Eluveitie -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes Partial list
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:28 pm

Mark wrote:
    Madkill wrote:

AMEN!!!

Aye I was really surprised how well everybody managed to behave this year. I didn't meet a single guy acting like an asshole the whole cruise while I seemed to spot one every other show last year.

You guys must have missed the naked stage monkeys doing acrobats into the hot tub. Someone could have been killed.

nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:48 pm

Stained Class wrote:Between the pool deck and all the stages running on time, security being nice, the buffet being open til 4am, the incredible lineup and all the first timers bringing back the magic of the first cruise for me; this was my favourite cruise yet. Saw 55 sets, slept around 9-10 hours and only managed to spend 225 bucks.

WE FORGOT TO HAVE A MANLY CONVERSATION OVER ADULT BEVERAGES!!!!!!
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:57 pm

Downvod wrote:You guys must have missed the naked stage monkeys doing acrobats into the hot tub. Someone could have been killed.

I put a bunch of pics of that on the 70000 Tons Of Metal!!! Facebook group.
    70000 Tons 2019
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:58 pm

Downvod wrote:
    Mark wrote:Aye I was really surprised how well everybody managed to behave this year. I didn't meet a single guy acting like an asshole the whole cruise while I seemed to spot one every other show last year.

You guys must have missed the naked stage monkeys doing acrobats into the hot tub. Someone could have been killed.

Oh no, i saw them. But that was less than what has happened in the past.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:29 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Downvod wrote:
    Mark wrote:Aye I was really surprised how well everybody managed to behave this year. I didn't meet a single guy acting like an asshole the whole cruise while I seemed to spot one every other show last year.

Oh no, i saw them. But that was less than what has happened in the past.

That guy would have jumped overboard naked if someone would have shouted it out.

Post Reply 2908 posts