Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: The Age of Swords is upon us!

by SaraMarie » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:05 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:I would be very surprised if the Raven announcement isn't tonight or tomorrow night at the latest

Never, ever, underestimate the ability of UMC to surprise us :D

Okay, not so much surprised, but I still think that I'm right. :P
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:06 pm

Not really expecting anything at this point. Hoping for Raven and not Pelican, though.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:07 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Not really expecting anything at this point. Hoping for Raven and not Pelican, though.

It's obviously going to be Raven. At least as obvious as it was Skalmold.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:17 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Not really expecting anything at this point. Hoping for Raven and not Pelican, though.

It's obviously going to be Raven. At least as obvious as it was Skalmold.

I hope you're right...although there is the theory that Pelicans follow boats and Ravens do not. They both fit the question mark placement.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:58 pm

All this back n forth between Pelican & Raven, what if it's both bands? Lol :lol:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:45 pm

Jimbo2392 wrote:All this back n forth between Pelican & Raven, what if it's both bands? Lol :lol:

It will end of being Penguin...an Ice Metal band from Antarctica!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:11 pm

mbob wrote:
    Jimbo2392 wrote:All this back n forth between Pelican & Raven, what if it's both bands? Lol :lol:

Not a bird exactly...but how about Pteranodon.....I think they play caveman metal. :lol:

In other news it looks like we have a new announcement on the book of faces!! One of the top comments on the previous Facebook announcement sarcastically asked 70K to be sure to remind us what port we are sailing from and to make sure and ask us if we are excited yet........what does 70K announce today.....a reminder of what port we are sailing from... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I fully expect a couple more days of silence followed by an announcement asking us whether we are getting excited yet. Epic trolling UMC! :lol:

I'd love to hear some more band announcements but in truth I am so stoked about this lineup so far that anything else will just be icing on the cake. Can't believe that we are just two weeks away!!! :deathhorns:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:I'd love to hear some more band announcements but in truth I am so stoked about this lineup so far that anything else will just be icing on the cake.:

I totally agree with this. I am worried that I won't be able to see as many shows as I want.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:38 pm

I'm looking to get my cake iced, lets go!
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:51 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:
    mbob wrote:

Not a bird exactly...but how about Pteranodon.....I think they play caveman metal. :lol:

In other news it looks like we have a new announcement on the book of faces!! One of the top comments on the previous Facebook announcement sarcastically asked 70K to be sure to remind us what port we are sailing from and to make sure and ask us if we are excited yet........what does 70K announce today.....a reminder of what port we are sailing from... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I fully expect a couple more days of silence followed by an announcement asking us whether we are getting excited yet. Epic trolling UMC! :lol:

I'd love to hear some more band announcements but in truth I am so stoked about this lineup so far that anything else will just be icing on the cake. Can't believe that we are just two weeks away!!! :deathhorns:

I made a smartass comment on that, that my bag is packed with shirts from the 25% of bands that aren't announced yet.

Amusingly, 7000tons "liked" my comment :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:52 pm

They have been trolling hard with liking comments.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:They have been trolling hard with liking comments.

Ha! the guy that asked them to post a reminder of the port we are leaving from made a comment thanking them for their "great service" and that this reminder was much better than getting more band announcements. I thanked this man for asking UMC to remind us to remember and made note of how great it is to see UMC listening to their customers ;) ....and I got a like from 70000tons as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to see they have a sense of humor. :cool:
    Last edited by Hoppy McGee on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:19 pm

So is the first year with no cancellations by a band so far?
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:27 pm

Can't wait for the announcements, but I'm stoked no matter what. Great lineup so far.

I like to check out on the bands prior, just to make sure I don't miss anything, but oh well.

As for the Pelican vs Raven, I'm on the Raven side. I never saw them live and I'm a sucker for old pioneer bands. Although I do like the sound of Pelican.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:32 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:So is the first year with no cancellations by a band so far?

Probably not though you won't know that.
    For example Gamma Ray were booked for the cruise last year but had to cancel.They were never officially announced so they were never officially canceled one could say.
    I'm sure he's had one or 2 bands that were booked and pulled out prior to being announced.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:42 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:So is the first year with no cancellations by a band so far?

For example Gamma Ray were booked for the cruise last year but had to cancel.They were never officially announced so they were never officially canceled one could say.
    I'm sure he's had one or 2 bands that were booked and pulled out prior to being announced.

I was thinking of Chimaira from last year ,then again on one cared much about them cancelling.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:48 pm

I don't think there were any cancellations from any officially announced bands in 2013.

What I recall:

2011 - Stratovarius
    2012 - Pentagram
    2013 - ?
    2014 - Kamelot
    2015 - Xentrix
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:54 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:

I was thinking of Chimaira from last year ,then again on one cared much about them cancelling.

People actually were celebrating that cancellation.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:55 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I don't think there were any cancellations from any officially announced bands in 2013.

What I recall:

2011 - Stratovarius
    2012 - Pentagram
    2013 - ?
    2014 - Kamelot
    2015 - Xentrix

2015 had Chimaira as DMP posted above.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:04 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I don't think there were any cancellations from any officially announced bands in 2013.

What I recall:

2011 - Stratovarius
    2012 - Pentagram
    2013 - ?
    2014 - Kamelot
    2015 - Xentrix

2013 is the year I was unsure of ,also gotta think Xentrix might play this year because that was a last minute health issue with a family member I believe.Are they a possibility?
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:48 pm

mbob wrote:It will end of being Penguin...

Dammit, why didn't I think of this? Rob, you're going? :lol:
    I think our very own Penguin, ShoreSlayer, counts as a bird that has been following the cruise for a long time. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:44 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    mbob wrote:It will end of being Penguin...

Dammit, why didn't I think of this? Rob, you're going? :lol:
    I think our very own Penguin, ShoreSlayer, counts as a bird that has been following the cruise for a long time. :beerwink:

I agree that I am fully qualified to meet the criteria of this announcement clue but, alas, I am bound to my duties in the North this time around and the quality of the lineup thus far has not been sufficient to motivate an escape from my icy chains :cry:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:34 pm

IcedInferno wrote:Can't wait for the announcements, but I'm stoked no matter what. Great lineup so far.

I like to check out on the bands prior, just to make sure I don't miss anything, but oh well.

As for the Pelican vs Raven, I'm on the Raven side. I never saw them live and I'm a sucker for old pioneer bands. Although I do like the sound of Pelican.

i do not Need pelican, raven i saw several times,...they are good filler to have lunch or whatever.... i have 10/12 bands i must see...some others depending on the time schedule....just a Little bit confused that we leave in 12 days and 25pct of the bands are unknown....difficult to be prepared on " new " stuff or to be familiar with some "unknown" Combos...

i am satisfied so far with Tyr, Paradise Lost, Gamma Ray, My Dying Bride, Hammerfall and others, but hope Andy will add some old american metal and trash bands :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:15 pm

Pig Destroyer just announced some tour dates and all are after the cruise. Doesn't rule them out (for a different clue) but doesn't look good either. Guess I should have booked NDF instead.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:31 pm

Well, color me shocked, no announcement all week. We have less than two weeks to go. C'mon. I would just like to know if there's anymore thrash. I'll forgive if Devin Townsend Project is announced on the night before the cruise, though. Just sayin'.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:54 pm

I'm still hoping for Carcass, Obituary and Cryptopsy :-)
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:57 pm

SaraMarie wrote:I'll forgive if Devin Townsend Project is announced on the night before the cruise, though. Just sayin'.

Please make this happen... Also, i dont mean to be repetitive but... Bring on the prog! :bitch:
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:15 pm

Godflesh wrote:I'm still hoping for Carcass, Obituary and Cryptopsy :-)

Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Cryptopsy & Abysmal Dawn start their tour 2/12 in Atlanta. All possible except CC.
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Abysmal Dawn has dates scheduled on the 6th (Vegas) and 8th (El Paso) of Feb according to the Relapse Records site. Too bad - I would like to see them on the ship.

Townsend Project would be cool but I would prefer if it was SYL instead but that is not happening.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:46 pm

elj4176 wrote:Abysmal Dawn has dates scheduled on the 6th (Vegas) and 8th (El Paso) of Feb according to the Relapse Records site. Too bad - I would like to see them on the ship.

Townsend Project would be cool but I would prefer if it was SYL instead but that is not happening.

I know but these dates are with Abysmal Dawn alone before the full tour with the other bands which starts on 2/12, that's why I'm still hopeful.
    I forgot Testament, starting a US tour with Carcass and Slayer on 2/19. I have tickets for the Seattle show, but I'd rather see them on broad.
    So OB/CA/CR and TE are a possibility, albeit unlikely since they probably would have been announced earlier, except perhaps Cryptopsy.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:36 pm

elj4176 wrote:Townsend Project would be cool but I would prefer if it was SYL instead but that is not happening.

Seeing 3/4 of SYL here tomorrow night!!

Zimmer's Hole! :shred:

Soooo Stoked!!! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:03 pm

I don't think Devin is the type to be stuck in one particular place at a time with thousands of strangers. He's kinda a recluse.
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:49 pm

Regardless of the bands remaining to be announced, I have shivers down my spine thinking of Rotting Christ performing at night on the pool stage, like I had with Behemoth last year.
    True metal is performed in the moonlight :-)
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:45 am

SaraMarie wrote:Well, color me shocked, no announcement all week. We have less than two weeks to go. C'mon. I would just like to know if there's anymore thrash. I'll forgive if Devin Townsend Project is announced on the night before the cruise, though. Just sayin'.

Yep! Or Luciferian Light Orchestra (i.e. Therion), or Agalloch, or Amon Amarth, or Borknagar, or Orphaned Land, or Ihsahn, or Keep of Kalessin..... Book any of those, Andy, and all is forgiven.* :twisted:

Regardless of the bands remaining to be announced, I have shivers down my spine thinking of Rotting Christ performing at night on the pool stage, like I had with Behemoth last year.
    True metal is performed in the moonlight :-)

Absolutely. That Behemoth show under the moonlight and the racing clouds was a religious experience....of sorts, anyway. :bmhorns:

---
    * well, okay, 95% is forgiven. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:45 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    elj4176 wrote:Townsend Project would be cool but I would prefer if it was SYL instead but that is not happening.

Seeing 3/4 of SYL here tomorrow night!!

Zimmer's Hole! :shred:

Soooo Stoked!!! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

Never got into them but maybe I should give another listen. SYL still gets regular play.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:47 am

I thought I didn't like the lineup as much so far this year, but it turns out I have 20 Yes, 9 Maybe and 16 No, not too bad. I should put them in my signature.
    Last year I had a lot of maybes, but ended up catching 33 shows!
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:48 am

Do you think Andy has deep pleasure to watch all of us speaking about non anouncements ? :mrgreen:
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:52 am

Rjturtle9 wrote:I don't think Devin is the type to be stuck in one particular place at a time with thousands of strangers. He's kinda a recluse.

He already did the Prognation cruise.

If Devin gets on he better have Anneke with him.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:18 am

We're 12 days away, and we still have 15 bands to be announced

2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
  • Post Reply 2908 posts