Post Reply 276 posts
Cripper Award Official Thread
  • Which band should win the 2016 CRIPPER AWARD?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:06 pm

Abinchova
    10%
    Dead Cross
    1%
    Dia De Los Muertos
    0%
    Distillator
    4%
    Koyi K Utho
    11%
    Nervosa
    27%
    No Raza
    8%
    Painful
    3%
    Squealer
    1%
    Starkill
    7%
    Twilight Force
    29%

Total votes: 219
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

Re: Cripper Award Official Thread

by nekrobarr » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:14 am

cowboy71 wrote:As others have said, its a social media platform. What you as a user gets out of it includes connecting with other people that like the same music you do, learning about new music as it recommends stuff based on what you listen to (eg "because you listen Magnum, you might like Thunder") etc

One of my initial draws to Last.fm was the eventual recommendations. I've definitely been introduced to a fair number of bands in this manner.
    A secondary draw was the events - completely user driven, but it's a nice way to keep track of shows you've been to, as well as what's coming up. That feature is actually how my girlfriend and I actually met :D My one gripe with the events is with recent updates you can no longer see who is going/interested in a show, but rather only the fact that X people are going and Y people are interested or whatever. Overall not a huge loss though.

I'll continue to say that it is neat to see the statistics of what you've listened to and such. Other than that, I wouldn't say I "get" anything out of it, but if one is willing to invest a little time, you'll probably discover some new bands to enjoy!
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:53 am

bodomdragon wrote:Unless things change dramatically, I'd give the award to Twilight Force this year. Nervosa should be excluded because of the reasons already mentioned.

As for next year, as I suggested before I really think UMC should get involved. If only cruisers can fill the feedback survey - which makes perfect sense - it should be no different for the Cripper Award competition.

I think that is excessive. Nervosa has 57 votes, and the total vote count is 203. This is out of maximum potential of 3,000. This does not scream voter fraud to me. Especially since the results so far..a VERY close contest between Nervosa and Twilight Force with Nervosa ahead by a single vote, VERY closely resemble the manual vote count of the forum before the poll went up.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:01 am

slayergeek wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Unless things change dramatically, I'd give the award to Twilight Force this year. Nervosa should be excluded because of the reasons already mentioned.

As for next year, as I suggested before I really think UMC should get involved. If only cruisers can fill the feedback survey - which makes perfect sense - it should be no different for the Cripper Award competition.

I think that is excessive. Nervosa has 57 votes, and the total vote count is 203. This is out of maximum potential of 3,000. This does not scream voter fraud to me. Especially since the results so far..a VERY close contest between Nervosa and Twilight Force with Nervosa ahead by a single vote, VERY closely resemble the manual vote count of the forum before the poll went up.

Well Twilight Force was ahead some votes until Nervosa started their vote for us bullshit. With only ~200 votes total those few "fake" votes actually make a huge difference.
    I can only speak for myself here obviously, but Nervosa can fuck right off. I really hate that social media beauty contest crap and if you have to rely on random facebook followers that were not even on the boat to win an award...well you probably shouldn't win it.
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:06 am

Though choice this year but ultimately I voted for ..... Dead Cross :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah .. kidding aside. It was a draw between Distillator, Nervosa and Twilight Force since all 3 kicked major ass. In the end, my vote went to Nervosa.

In regards to controversy on them posting it on FB: Since this is a public Forum and everyone (cruiser or not) can register we might want to do the official voting on Facebook next year. Assuming the admins for the FB group check if the members even went on the cruise by checking number of mutual friends, pictures from the cruise and stuff like that. At least then, when folks vote we are sure that they were on the cruise and hopefully did see the band. And it's not as 'impersonal' as it is here, since as someone already mentioned, tons of new registered forum folks and no clue if they just registered to vote for Nervosa.
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:24 am

slayergeek wrote:

I agree with Slayergeek entirely! The results/ratios are still very close to what they were before the poll went up, Nervosa and Twilight Force have both been very close to each other and have flipped from 1st to 2nd a couple of times. And both bands have seen a spike in votes since Nervosa posted the link to their facebook page (Nervosa isn't the only band to have done this by the way).

I'll play the devil's advocate and throw this out there.....Who's to say that Twilight Force or a couple of their fans aren't telling all of their friends and family to come here and create accounts and vote for them? There is no way to tell if every vote in this poll has come from someone who was actually a 70K 2016 survivor. And as Slayergeek says there are only 203 votes so far out a potential 3000, I know this is gonna sound harsh....but that means that about 93% of the fans abroad 70K have either never heard of the Cripper award or are aware of it... but just don't care about it.

I see no problem with bands posting links to the poll on their Facebook pages. It brings more awareness to the award and also shows that the band actually gives a shit about winning it. Yes, the potential exists that a few "phony" votes may get submitted but there is also a chance of gaining legitimate votes from people that "liked" the band after seeing their show, but were unfamiliar with the award or the 70K forum.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:51 am

Mark wrote:Well Twilight Force was ahead some votes until Nervosa started their vote for us bullshit. With only ~200 votes total those few "fake" votes actually make a huge difference.
    I can only speak for myself here obviously, but Nervosa can fuck right off. I really hate that social media beauty contest crap and if you have to rely on random facebook followers that were not even on the boat to win an award...well you probably shouldn't win it.

I would agree if the vote jumped from 100 to 1,000 and it was obvious a bunch of none 70K people voted. I don't think that is obvious by any stretch. Right now it is speculation that non 70K people voted, and while the low numbers mean that 5 people could make a difference, the solution is to encourage more legitimate 70K people to participate. If for no other reason, I think attaching it to the survey makes a lot of sense as it solves two issues.

1. If prevents even the appearance of the social media voter issues we are discussing
    2. It encourages people to participate in the cripper awards, while also encouraging people to fill out the survey.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:10 am

slayergeek wrote:
    Mark wrote:Well Twilight Force was ahead some votes until Nervosa started their vote for us bullshit. With only ~200 votes total those few "fake" votes actually make a huge difference.

I would agree if the vote jumped from 100 to 1,000 and it was obvious a bunch of none 70K people voted. I don't think that is obvious by any stretch. Right now it is speculation that non 70K people voted, and while the low numbers mean that 5 people could make a difference, the solution is to encourage more legitimate 70K people to participate. If for no other reason, I think attaching it to the survey makes a lot of sense as it solves two issues.

1. If prevents even the appearance of the social media voter issues we are discussing
    2. It encourages people to participate in the cripper awards, while also encouraging people to fill out the survey.

Well to be honest I followed the votings over the days and was very suprised about the sudden increase in Nervosas votes. That's when I was looking for a reason and found out about their facebook shenanigans. I'm actually surprised they only got like 10 votes out of that bullshit, tells you a lot about how many of their 170.000 facebook followers really care about them.
    No matter how many votes they may or may not have gotten out of it personally I deeply despise the begging for attention they did. If everybody else is fine with it - so be it. I'm not.

For next year I agree that it should be attached to the survey but for this year it lost any legitimacy in my eyes.
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:53 am

Mark wrote:
    Well to be honest I followed the votings over the days and was very suprised about the sudden increase in Nervosas votes. That's when I was looking for a reason and found out about their facebook shenanigans. I'm actually surprised they only got like 10 votes out of that bullshit, tells you a lot about how many of their 170.000 facebook followers really care about them.
    No matter how many votes they may or may not have gotten out of it personally I deeply despise the begging for attention they did. If everybody else is fine with it - so be it. I'm not.

For next year I agree that it should be attached to the survey but for this year it lost any legitimacy in my eyes.

But how can you be sure it was because Nervosa posted it on their FB page? It could also be because 70K posted the voting for the Cripper Award on their FB page. Not everyone follows bands on FB and even if they do, not all the posts show up in the news feed.

hey Joey or Statsman - what was the unofficial count on FB for the bands and did it make a huge difference between Nervosa and Twilight Force?

Edit to add: And with newly registered forum users ... how can you now be sure that folks don't make another account just to vote for Twilight Force since they think the votes are tainted due to nervosa posting it on their FB and thus gained more votes?
    The whole thing is screwed this year IMO. I would suggest to do this just like we did in prior years, either comments for a band on here and FB and combine the two since the blind voting (not knowing who voted for whom) kinda backfired :?

In the end, it doesn't matter for me personally since the two bands kicked equal ass on the ship :cheers:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:26 am

The Cripper Award worked fine while nobody gave a shit about it. Now that it's in everyone's lips - or at least, it has gained more popularity - it is doomed to become a popularity contest, either on Facebook, as Nervosa proved, or by any other means. That's why I think - and this is the last time I'll say it - that it needs to become something organized by UMC in order to keep it legit.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:07 pm

D.T. Metal wrote:hey Joey or Statsman - what was the unofficial count on FB for the bands and did it make a huge difference between Nervosa and Twilight Force?

the unofficial number was placed on page 4 of this thread
    well before the poll was started - my count from here and facebook .... which would of ended the 29th
    Nervosa 33
    Twilight Force 24
    total of 120 votes for all bands - probably one of the highest yet for the award (sorry none of these count) :cry: :roll: :oops:

but many new accounts started before the poll came out ....... Nervosa had a clear lead at that time :cheers:
  • Diomedes
    Oiler

by Diomedes » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:46 pm

D.T. Metal wrote:Assuming the admins for the FB group check if the members even went on the cruise by checking number of mutual friends, pictures from the cruise and stuff like that.

This sounds like a lot of (probably) manual effort that's error prone and probably not worth it. If cripper is "official" then make it part of the survivor survey (as already mentioned) and it solves these issue. Plus I actively lie to FB every chance I get because I'm paranoid, I'd rather nothing was ever tied to FB, ever.

That said, while I voted for Twilight Force and think they deserve it, it feels like there's a lot of :evil: over the suspicion of something happening. If you read this thread since the start, when TF was ahead there were posts about how this is a popularity contest between music genres and people afraid nervosa would lose because their genre wasn't as popular as TF. No matter who is ahead it sounds like some people will always feel their band should win.

I respect that, we all are passionate about metal which is why we go on 70k. But let's strive to make next year's contest better with survivor survey instead of casting a shadow on this year and creating bitterness with other fans and/or nervosa. You know what, I thought nervosa was pretty great too

Let's remember, every one of us has heard the call https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxwcr72VcKg
    :cheers:
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:29 pm

I was one of the guys talking about how this years Cripper Award felt a little like a genre popularity poll because both Nervosa and Twilight Force seemed to have delivered fantastic shows and while I voted for Twilight Force (because I prefer Power Metal and don't care too much for Thrash) I would have been happy for what ever band won the award and would have felt sorry for the band that placed 2nd. Both bands would have deserved the award for the performances they did.

What I absolutely can't stand is what Nervosa did on facebook. That's not about me wanting Twilight Force to win but about me despising all this social media beauty and popularity contest bullshit that facebook seems to be all about. If Twilight Force did the same thing on their facebook page I would have been pissed just as much. It doesn't really matter to me how many non-sailor votes Nervosa got out of that in the end, it's simply about doing it in the first place. Going out to 170.000 followers asking them to vote in a contest that has a few hundred votes is plain cheating and just a cheesy way to get to the first place.

Most people don't seem to consider this to be a major problem and it might just be me being too old or what ever to accept the way that social media works so I'll stop arguing about it right here but Nervosa can still fuck off ;)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:52 pm

Mark wrote:
    Most people don't seem to consider this to be a major problem and it might just be me being too old or what ever to accept the way that social media works so I'll stop arguing about it right here but Nervosa can still fuck off ;)

Nah I absolutely agree. Well said.

Because I loved Twilight Force even before the cruise, when official voting commenced I THOUGHT about going onto the Twilight Force facebook page and sharing the voting information.

But I thought, "no, that would be unfair to do that".

Needless to say, I was thoroughly peeved when Nervosa shared the voting on their facebook page, and all the band members likewise shared it on their own personal pages. But still, I didn't post to the Twilight Force page or message them to say they should share it if they want to win, as I just don't think that's right nor in the spirit of the Cripper Award.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:14 pm

For next year, let's hope UMC can make it part of the Survivors' Survey. That would be awesome.

For THIS year...if it appears that Nervosa "profited" by about ten votes due to their "outside solicitation" on Facebook, maybe deduct ten votes from their total when the votes are finally tallied?
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:03 am

Was surprised to see the spike in vote for Koyi K Utho.

Sure enough, they asked people to vote for them on their Facebook :roll:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:52 am

pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:18 am

I don't think that the "vote us" request was very influential in the poll.

I mean, they tell you"vote us pretty please", you enter the forum and see you have to create an account. "Nah, too much effort". Exit

Relax guys, it's just a vest.
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:20 am

pablov8 wrote:Relax guys, it's just a vest.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:39 am

Dark Dreams wrote:
    pablov8 wrote:Relax guys, it's just a vest.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:

This.

Everyone's getting so worked up. I don't see an issue with anything that's happening. Also, if you didn't agree with how we chose who qualified for the award you should have spoken up before voting started ;) We've been doing it the same way for years and every year we ask "does this sound good to everyone?" and there's never been an issue in the past.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:03 pm

Stained Class wrote:We've been doing it the same way for years and every year we ask "does this sound good to everyone?" and there's never been an issue in the past.

Because nobody ever gave a shit about it (except a bunch of cruisers) and now it's become a thing :)
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:40 pm

And I guess its all immaterial now as the poll has closed and Twilight Force won anyway.

The power of the ancient force is strong :) Congrats Twilight Force!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:44 pm

70K 2011 - Cripper
    runner up - The Absence

70K 2012 - Diamond Plate

BTH 2012 - Seita
    runners up - Headcrusher, Dark Sermon, Abiotic

70K 2013 - Nightmare
    runners up - Steel Engraved, Fatal Smile

70K 2014 - Izegrim
    runner up - Nekrogoblikon

70K 2015 - Masacre
    runner up - Claim The Throne

70K 2016 - Twilight force
    runner up - Nervosa

Cool. Congrats Twilight Force!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:49 pm

I think what was better about Twilight Force was that they rocked soon hard even though both show were at pyramid lounge... I would have been pretty disappointed if i dont get a set at a better venue but they totally delivered! They kept their cool after losing a chance in a good venue TWICE... That counts a lot attitude wise in my opinion
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:33 pm

Nervosa
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Britta
    Oiler

by Britta » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:49 am

CONGRATULATIONS TO TWILIGHT FORCE!

The voting phase is over and this year's winner of the CRIPPER Award is mighty TWILIGHT FORCE from Sweden. Congratulations on that, and thanks to all the voters for participating.

Congratulations also to the follow-up NERVOSA from Brazil. What an exciting race, it was very neck and neck!

I am looking forward to Twilight Force receiving the trophy vest and adding their patch!

Happy weekend to all of you!!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:22 pm

Thanks for everything Britta. Hope to see you play again next year!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:23 am

Stained Class wrote:Thanks for everything Britta. Hope to see you play again next year!

THIS! :beerbang:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:00 am

Sidvarg wrote:I think what was better about Twilight Force was that they rocked soon hard even though both show were at pyramid lounge... I would have been pretty disappointed if i dont get a set at a better venue but they totally delivered! They kept their cool after losing a chance in a good venue TWICE... That counts a lot attitude wise in my opinion

Also, they were out and about in costume (or "garb" as we Rennies say) a lot. We saw them standing on one of the walkways over the Promenade in garb, hamming it up. Sure, it's cheesy as hell but it brought a smile to our faces and a pic to our cameras.

Congratulations to the wielders of the Power of the Ancient Force! *shing* :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:13 am

Pellaz wrote:
    Also, they were out and about in costume (or "garb" as we Rennies say) a lot. We saw them standing on one of the walkways over the Promenade in garb, hamming it up. Sure, it's cheesy as hell but it brought a smile to our faces and a pic to our cameras.

Congratulations to the wielders of the Power of the Ancient Force! *shing* :lol:

Yep, they were at the bar on the Promenade on the Sunday after that they were supposed to sing at the pool deck. I met them here and spoke with them a little bit. Very nice guys :wank:

Congratulations to them! :D

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:09 pm

Just curious has Twilight Force been presented the vest/ told they won .... haven't seen any info - seen any pics

nearing a new cruise did anyone tell Masacre to pass it on?

Does anyone even care anymore? :smash: :chug:
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:21 pm

My vote this year is for Anthrax. Never heard of those guys :?
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:29 am

Last year, the Cripper Nominees were limited to those bands with under 10,000 listeners on last.fm (of which, there were 11). This year if we used that methodology we would only have 5 contenders - Striker, Witchtrap, Ghost Ship Octavius, Total Death and Touch the Sun.

I would therefore propose setting the 2017 cutoff at 30,000 as this would give us 11 contenders - same as 2016:
    29151 DALRIADA
    28033 CRYPTEX
    27800 ORDEN OGAN
    25916 ALLEGAEON
    17025 AVATARIUM
    14028 MISERY LOVES CO
    9090 STRIKER
    4869 WITCHTRAP
    2185 GHOST SHIP OCTAVIUS
    512 TOTAL DEATH
    29 TOUCH THE SUN
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:06 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    25916 ALLEGAEON
    17025 AVATARIUM
    2185 GHOST SHIP OCTAVIUS

These three were fucking amazing... I'm not sure if I can pick just one haha

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:14 am

Cruachan - didn't make the list? damn :cry:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:52 am

DragonLordJones wrote:Cruachan - didn't make the list? damn :cry:

Nah not by a long shot unfortunately - they have almost 100,000 listeners so far too 'big' by any measure.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:07 am

I would have thought Axxis would have made the list, but maybe they have much more notoriety than they lead me to believe. They would have had my vote.

With who is available to pick from I will go with Ghost Ship Otto Octavius
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:20 am

Allegaeon will get my vote once the poll comes up. That pyramid lounge set was one hell of a party. :beerbang:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:34 am

Dear gods it's going to be tough to pick between Allegaeon and Avatarium on that list.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:57 am

mooyagi wrote:Allegaeon will get my vote once the poll comes up. That pyramid lounge set was one hell of a party. :beerbang:

This.

I loved both Avatarium shows, but the Allegaeon show in the Pyramid lounge was awesome.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:11 am

Ghost Ship Octavius for me, without hesitation.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
Post Reply 276 posts