Post Reply 276 posts
Cripper Award Official Thread
  • Which band should win the 2016 CRIPPER AWARD?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:06 pm

Abinchova
    10%
    Dead Cross
    1%
    Dia De Los Muertos
    0%
    Distillator
    4%
    Koyi K Utho
    11%
    Nervosa
    27%
    No Raza
    8%
    Painful
    3%
    Squealer
    1%
    Starkill
    7%
    Twilight Force
    29%

Total votes: 219
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

Re: Cripper Award Official Thread

by DragonLordJones » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:44 am

we're working on a system ... any input is welcome. we already have a basic guideline used as past practice. Any band past or new may fall into that margin; to me I don't care if it was the first band announced or last - but the sooner a band is announced may cause said band to be pushed out of the basic requirements .

I also feel every cruise is going to be different as this award grows some rules will change.

After all I think it was like 25-50 people from the first cruise that started this as a discussion of a band we thought was outstanding (no real vote) :chug: - thus Cripper won that discussion and boom the Cripper award was born. :cheers: :givebeer: :beerhorns:

I believe 2015 was the first real attempt at a vote. :viking:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:21 am

DragonLordJones wrote:Image

well it looks like Masacre received the vest in the mail - was hoping for an official hand off on the ship, but at least it has been sent to the last winner - here's to 2016 :cheers: :givebeer:

I think it's actually VERY cool that the vest travels the world to reach the winner AND that they sent this pic back for us. Y'know, just like how metalheads travel from all over the world to get to 70K to discover these smaller bands and then the vest travels the world to get into the hands of the winner and then back again to be passed along each year.

Lots of good suggestions in recent posts but yes, these would be best considered and decided upon by the panel members. Maybe they're already doing so in some dark corner of the internet like the Cripper Award Conclave and we'll get the results once the smokestacks spew forth the midnight plumes of ash and metal :twisted:

My suggestion on the nominee qualification matter is that, if you're gonna use last.fm listens as your criteria, ya limit the NUMBER of entries to a certain amount. So, whether ya end up with 5 bands under 100,000 listens or 30 bands under 100,000 listens, you just take (for example) the 5 or 6 bands with the LEAST number of listens.

Also curious if there's been any update from 70K brass about how involved they want or don't want to be in any of this?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Britta
    Oiler

by Britta » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:37 am

Hello everyone!

Guess what? I finally heard back from the guys and gals of UMC :-)
    There's stuff going on and we are talking back and forth. They basically accepted our suggestions as far as rules and procedures. The winning band will also get exposure on 70TV, which is a badass thing on top of the trophy vest. Maybe there is another surprise waiting, but that would be too much to talk about right now and I better keep my mouth shut about it.

They wanna do the voting on an official 70k poll and we are currently talking about the details.

Hope you all are still interested in continuing this! I am looking forward to the whole thing and can't wait to get the poll started.

Have a great weekend, Britta
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:34 am

Good to know ... can't wait to hear more :cheers: :beerhorns:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:01 pm

Love your work! Thanks for the update Britta :beerwink:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:29 pm

Wicked! Hopefully they announce some nominees soon :beerbang:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:37 pm

Britta wrote:Maybe there is another surprise waiting, but that would be too much to talk about right now and I better keep my mouth shut about it.

Hopefully we'll see you onbroad :bangers:
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:50 pm

We've got a few potential nominees so far.

Of the 40 bands announced, we now have 11 with sub-100,000 last.fm listeners

89500 KRISIUN
    68400 FLESHGOD APOCAPLYPSE
    55200 TSJUDER
    43658 JAG PANZER
    43400 AURA NOIR
    40400 CARACH ANGREN
    36300 HOLY MOSES
    28200 MANILLA ROAD
    21400 ANCIENT RITES
    12700 VALLENFYRE
    8418 SQUEALER
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:34 am

cowboy71 wrote:We've got a few potential nominees so far.

89500 KRISIUN
    55200 TSJUDER
    43658 JAG PANZER
    43400 AURA NOIR
    40400 CARACH ANGREN
    36300 HOLY MOSES
    28200 MANILLA ROAD
    21400 ANCIENT RITES
    12700 VALLENFYRE
    8418 SQUEALER

Personally I'd wait until we have the remaining 20 bands in order to set the thresholds. I'm quite sure many unknown bands are still to be announced and there are some bands in this list which I can't see as a Cripper Award contender (Fleshgod Apocalypse, Jag Panzer, Carach Angren or Manilla Road among others). So in the end it would probably be wise to lower the maximum number of last.fm listeners.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:37 am

I'm hoping we get no more Cripper nominees! ALL HEADLINERS FOR THE REMAINING 20!!! :bitch:

Just kidding - yeah its too early to call it, but probably sub 50k would be a more acceptable cut off in the end.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:37 pm

Yeah every yearwwe've had to make a judgement call by that year. The popularity of last.fm itself changes so that has a hige effect on the cutoff point. Honestly, pretty much all the bands listed there are big touring bands so I don't think we actually have any nominees yet. That's just my 2 cents.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:54 am

Starkill is touring with Moonspell and Epica before the Cruise. If they are onbroad they will be the Nr. 1 Cripper Award Band.....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes - 2021 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:46 am

Lala wrote:Starkill is touring with Moonspell and Epica before the Cruise. If they are onbroad they will be the Nr. 1 Cripper Award Band.....

And they are really good live. Great addition, I hope Andy really considers that. Although the fact that he never takes all the bands touring together onbroad makes it kind of unlikely.
    Wishlist:
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:31 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:We've got a few potential nominees so far.

89500 KRISIUN
    55200 TSJUDER
    43658 JAG PANZER
    43400 AURA NOIR
    40400 CARACH ANGREN
    36300 HOLY MOSES
    28200 MANILLA ROAD
    21400 ANCIENT RITES
    12700 VALLENFYRE
    8418 SQUEALER

Personally I'd wait until we have the remaining 20 bands in order to set the thresholds. I'm quite sure many unknown bands are still to be announced and there are some bands in this list which I can't see as a Cripper Award contender (Fleshgod Apocalypse, Jag Panzer, Carach Angren or Manilla Road among others). So in the end it would probably be wise to lower the maximum number of last.fm listeners.

and I am not sure if bands that have been on the boat before really contend as possibility.
    Holy Moses and Krisiun are both repeats in my book even if only BTH
    They both rock but are repeats
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:14 pm

Here's the post from the old "official" thread with all the past winners.

70K 2011 - Cripper
    runner up - The Absence

70K 2012 - Diamond Plate

BTH 2012 - Seita
    runners up - Headcrusher, Dark Sermon, Abiotic

70K 2013 - Nightmare
    runners up - Steel Engraved, Fatal Smile

70K 2014 - Izegrim
    runner up - Nekrogoblikon

70K 2015 - Masacre
    runner up - Claim The Throne
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Well these latest 3 are definitely Cripper contenders any way you look at it!

LAST.FM LISTENERS
    Abinchova 2,741
    Painful 69 (hehehehe)
    Twilight Force 4,471

FACEBOOK LIKES
    Abinchova 5,993
    Painful 1,996
    Twilight Force 7,446
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:23 pm

How big are Squealer in Germany? I've never heard of them but they have a bunch of albums.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:52 pm

Stained Class wrote:How big are Squealer in Germany? I've never heard of them but they have a bunch of albums.

Not big. Most Metalheads around here probably heard their name but I'd guess that's about it.
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:12 pm

Its where the Cripper award becomes a bit grey isn't it?

They don't seem to be that well known. They've only got 521 likes on their facebook page, and 8,578 listeners on last.fm

But, they've been together for over 20 years and have released 7 full length albums....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:52 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Its where the Cripper award becomes a bit grey isn't it?

They don't seem to be that well known. They've only got 521 likes on their facebook page, and 8,578 listeners on last.fm

But, they've been together for over 20 years and have released 7 full length albums....

That being said, we gave it to Masacre this year, and they've been around since '88 and have 5 albums
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:54 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Its where the Cripper award becomes a bit grey isn't it?

Sounds like former winner Nightmare
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:54 pm

Nightmare in the past had a pretty long discography too and they were the winners. I'm thinking we can include them, why not?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:03 pm

Yeah valid points all around.

Given past winners/nominees I think it would be unfair NOT to consider Squealer.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:06 pm

If Andy books Cripper, can they win the Cripper award?
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:40 pm

meshuggah wrote:If Andy books Cripper, can they win the Cripper award?

no - or they would of been nominated 2 years ago for a second win :lol: still would love to see them booked again - they are amazing live and great folks all around. Andy book 'em again :cheers: :givebeer: on that note bring Izegrim back also - so they can premiere their new album :beerhorns: :chug:
    Britta
    Oiler

by Britta » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:55 am

Great nominees so far! I'm excited! :metalguy:
    Hoping to get final info about the actual voting process by next week. I will keep you guys updated. And thanks for wanting us back on board :beerwink: Happy and honored!

Party hard and safe tonight! :bangers:
    Britta
    Oiler

by Britta » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:10 am

I am still waiting for an official GO for this... Busy times in the 70k offices ;-)
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:15 am

Britta wrote:I am still waiting for an official GO for this... Busy times in the 70k offices ;-)

"Like that's ever gonna happen" [Shrek quote] :lol:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:23 pm

well is Andy gonna wait until we return before posting info on voting ; as to get who we nominate.

this year I can feel will be really tough, there are some great bands I feel should be in the hunt for the award ... can't wait to check out some if not all of them :givebeer: :cheers: :beerhorns:

going by latest info 10,000 might be the cut off (as featured on last fm)with 11 bands in the running :bangers:

8418 Squealer
    6167 Nervosa
    5308 Starkill
    4471 Twilight Force
    2741 Abinchova
    2478 Koyi K Utho
    1616 Dia De Los Muertos
    648 Distillator
    168 No Raza
    101 Painful
    3 Dead Cross
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:26 am

Not sure if there's going to be an official poll on the website this year, but in case not shall we begin?

I feel weird voting for Starkill out of all of those because they've been touring a lot and I first saw them like 3 years ago. But, rules are rules and they were my favourite band out of the nominees so they get my vote! I have a feeling Nervosa will take it this year though.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:26 am

Okay until UMC gives an official post I believe it is safe to say these are our 11 contenders - :cheers: :givebeer:

8418 Squealer
    6167 Nervosa
    5308 Starkill
    4471 Twilight Force
    2741 Abinchova
    2478 Koyi K Utho
    1616 Dia De Los Muertos
    648 Distillator
    168 No Raza
    101 Painful
    3 Dead Cross

sorry if your band isn't listed but we need a cut off and due to past practice I feel this is it - so who do feel should take this years award please only reply once - will also start a thread on FB ......... may change if UMC put up a real vote to everyone. :cheers:
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:36 am

My vote goes to Nervosa

With Dia De Los Muertos and Distillator also in the running. The Cripper bands were pretty good this year.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/-Violence-/
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:39 am

Abinchova without a second of doubt. I thought Twilight Force would be my band pre-cruise, but these guys blew me out of the water with their performance.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:44 am

Yeah I saw 7 of these bands and I thoroughly enjoyed 6 of them. Hope next year has such a good selection of smaller bands. Missed out on Distillator, was looking forward to them.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    kramww
    Oiler

by kramww » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:46 am

My vote would definitely go to Thyrfing, but of the bands listed: Twilight Force.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:48 am

My vote goes to Starkill. I was quite sure I'd vote for Twilight Force, and they were still very, very good, but Starkill totally exceeded my expectations. Either of the two winning will make me happy. Good job, guys!
    Wishlist:

DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:50 am

I was really impressed with this years selection - gonna be a close race I think

on that note I think we need a dead line - I'd say FEBRUARY 29 gives a little over 2 weeks to vote - hopefully UMC get an official vote up before then - if not we go by our count . Hope everyone agrees. :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:53 am

Yeah fair enough unless votes are still pouring in at that point, then we can extend it. Also, won't be an official UMC poll. Gonna keep this a fan run thing like it's always been. :bangers:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:05 am

Copied from facebook:

For those of you curious of how the Cripper award began. On the very first 70K none of us had ever heard of this little band called Cripper and in the morning on the second day on the pool deck they absolutely annihilated our minds. The following year someone made an off hand comment about "The Cripper Award goes to Diamond Plate" meaning they were the unheard of band that impressed the most of us. We thought that was a fun idea so we started a thread on the forum and have been doing it year by year ever since. UMC and Britta from Cripper got involved and created a vest that the winner gets to hang on to, but it's still going to be a fan run award just like it's always been. Past winners have been Cripper (obviously), Diamond Plate, Seita, Nightmare, Izegrim and Masacre. Always a fun thing and part of the 70K spirit.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:06 am

NERVOSA

:bmhorns: :headbanger: :beerbang: :shred:
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
Post Reply 276 posts