Post Reply 50 posts
2016 Beach Party- Cruiser organized
  • Pamela
    Petty Officer

2016 Beach Party- Cruiser organized

by Pamela » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:50 pm

From Facebook - Thanks to Dorothy for coordinating it!

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1464582157199041/

Ocean Manor - Bamboo Beach Tiki Bar
    4040 GALT OCEAN DRIVE, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33308

Ocean Manor and the Bamboo Beach Tiki Bar will be hosting us in 2016!!

This is a tiki bar bar on a private beach that can stay open until 3am!

We can take drinks from the bar to the beach!

This is a bar. No coolers, no obvious outside drinks.

Invite your 70k friends!!

"Heavy Metal Beach Party" group rate available at Ocean Manor Hotel.

(954) 566-7500.
    info@oceanmanor.com
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    Eluveitie -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes Partial list
  • jtw7266
    Oiler

Re: 2016 Beach Party- Cruiser organized

by jtw7266 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:37 am

Do we have an official invite. Page? Thst fb link didnt work
    2015 - Room # 6402
    2016 - Room # 9309
    bleedingkyo
    Oiler

by bleedingkyo » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:47 pm

didn't work for me either
    2016- Cabin 6223
    2017- Cabin 2313
    2018- Cabin 9272
    2019- Abandoned ship
    2020- Cabin 8604
    tritonx
    Oiler

by tritonx » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:14 am

Does this means that nothing will happen at the Riptide ?

I already booked a cheap bed at the Holywood beach suites and hostels, not easy to find something reasonable when you travel alone.

Are there any hostels on that other beach or does anyone want to share a room? I don't want to pay more than 100$ per night.
    2015:8393 2016:2614 2017:8459
    2018:9513
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:27 pm

If the page doesn't work, you need a FB friend to invite you. Go ahead and friend request Dorothy, that's what I did last year. She's just trying to keep randos out.

There's nothing official planned at Riptide yet, but a lot of people are still staying down in Hollywood. We just can't have a huge party there like last year. Probably what will happen is people will share some shuttles to get to the main party. Maybe Dorothy will organize something, but even if she doesn't, it's pretty easy to grab some other cruisers and split a cab or something.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    tritonx
    Oiler

by tritonx » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:48 pm

Yeah if I know that others will be there it's gonna be easier.

There probably will be some around there. I arrive on the 2nd, so I'll have time to find people.
    2015:8393 2016:2614 2017:8459
    2018:9513
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:22 pm

Triton, we're there too. Easy to organize group taxis close to the date.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • jtw7266
    Oiler

by jtw7266 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:10 pm

Riptide was an absolute blast. I hope if its at the ocean manor other people can get on the private beach and it wont be reserved for guests only
    2015 - Room # 6402
    2016 - Room # 9309
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:18 pm

SaraMarie wrote:If the page doesn't work, you need a FB friend to invite you. Go ahead and friend request Dorothy, that's what I did last year. She's just trying to keep randos out

And to keep the count close to accurate so they hire enough bartenders :lol: :beerbang:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    bleedingkyo
    Oiler

by bleedingkyo » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:17 pm

What is Dorothy's fb name to add for the event page invite?
    2016- Cabin 6223
    2017- Cabin 2313
    2018- Cabin 9272
    2019- Abandoned ship
    2020- Cabin 8604
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:40 am

jtw7266 wrote:Riptide was an absolute blast. I hope if its at the ocean manor other people can get on the private beach and it wont be reserved for guests only

The party is definitely open to everyone. The tiki bar is open to the public, as far as I can tell, but they are definitely expecting our party.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:01 am

bleedingkyo wrote:What is Dorothy's fb name to add for the event page invite?

She's admin of the group "70,000 tons in ft. Lauderdale". Request to join the group and send her a PM so she knows you're not a bot. Or, if you have any friends already in the group, they can add you too.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:07 pm

bleedingkyo wrote:What is Dorothy's fb name to add for the event page invite?

Right now her name is Morrighan Doro. That may or may not be spelled correctly.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:33 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    tritonx wrote:Are there any hostels on that other beach or does anyone want to share a room? I don't want to pay more than 100$ per night.

I used airbnb this year, stayed with a very nice couple at Dania Beach for just shy of 50 USD per night, not walking central, but not that far by bus or taxi either.

Unless you really need to stay central to the action.

Are you in for this February, Gnoff??
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • maidenforce19
    Wiper

by maidenforce19 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:56 am

So Dorothy accepted me on Facebook but said she has limited invites left and that I would need to get an invite from someone else. This is my first time going to 70k and I'm going solo to this, so I was curious if anyone would be able to send me an invite possibly?
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Ditto on the invite. I've posted twice in the last several weeks asking for an invite but so far no luck. So if someone reading this could send me an invite I would really, really appreciate it. My name on Facebook is "Brick Hardmeat". Don't ask.
  • Amanda101
    Wiper

by Amanda101 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:17 am

Hi there!!...I'm was told you need an invitation to the pre-party at the beach?...if so, how do we get invited?.. I clicked on the fb link , but it said there was no event?...thanks!!
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:04 am

Mr. HCI wrote:Ditto on the invite. I've posted twice in the last several weeks asking for an invite but so far no luck. So if someone reading this could send me an invite I would really, really appreciate it. My name on Facebook is "Brick Hardmeat". Don't ask.

Searched for you on FB but amazingly enough there is more than one "Brick Hardmeat" out there :lol: :lol: Send me a private message on this forum with a link to you facebook page and I will friend request you on facebook which will allow me to add you to the beach party group/event. Any member of this group is able to add other friends to the group.

This goes for everyone else that is asking here as well. Just shoot me a PM with a link to your FB page and we'll get the wheels turning on getting you added to the event page.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:14 am

Yeah, I'm ok with inviting people to the event as well. Add me on fb (mention where you "know" me from); check my profile for the link (actually the link is right there under my avatar).
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:16 am

Memnoch wrote:Yeah, I'm ok with inviting people to the event as well. Add me on fb (mention where you "know" me from); check my profile for the link (actually the link is right there under my avatar).

Likewise. Never argue with having more boat friends!
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:15 pm

^^ Same here. Name is "Paul W. Cashman" on FB.

Always good to have more boat friends!
    I just got off a "regular" (and really inexpensive) cruise and our roll-call group of 'boat friends' was awesome...and even included a metal band from western Virginia. (!)
    We had a pre-cruise party a little south of where the 2016 beach party will be...really cool place called Bahia Cabana, but it's a little too small for 800 metalheads. :bangers:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:30 am

Might as well jump on this boat too. Name on Facebook is Jamie Bockmuehl
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
  • katkonainen
    Wiper

by katkonainen » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:53 am

This will be my first ever 70k, and I'm going by myself. I didn't even consider there may be things going on beforehand, for some reason. I'd love to come and meet some people beforehand, if you guys don't mind me sending some friend requests? My name on FB is Sara Tonin. There's actually a lot of people on FB with that name apparently but mine is a picture of me with the words "black sheep" on my back. I look forward to hopefully meeting you guys :)
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:05 am

katkonainen wrote:This will be my first ever 70k, and I'm going by myself. I didn't even consider there may be things going on beforehand, for some reason. I'd love to come and meet some people beforehand, if you guys don't mind me sending some friend requests? My name on FB is Sara Tonin. There's actually a lot of people on FB with that name apparently but mine is a picture of me with the words "black sheep" on my back. I look forward to hopefully meeting you guys :)

Welcome to the madness! Lots of Denver folks. There is no stortage of events going on beforehand.
    *BeachParty in FtLauderdale by the Sea
    *There is always a precruise concert put on by Donn ( Captain Metal) that usually has a cruise band--great way to meet and greet
    * Brewery get togethers, and we did a Pirate Ship cruise to a Pirate Bar(and completely drank them dry) :pound:
    * Or, you can just relax on the beach...
    After the cruise, lots of people leave the same day, I stay an extra day to recoup..!
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • Thrashmania
    Crewman

by Thrashmania » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:00 pm

Pellaz wrote:Name is "Paul W. Cashman" on FB.
    I've been in your studio. OOOoooOOOoooOOooooooo :death:
    70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
    Loki-motive
    Oiler

by Loki-motive » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:54 pm

Me please! I think my profile has the link!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:29 pm

Thrashmania wrote:

Ahh, but was it the old studio, which was large enough (barely) to accomodate one Mastodon in concert, or the new studio...which ain't? :lol: :heavydrink:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • katkonainen
    Wiper

by katkonainen » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:04 pm

Welcome to the madness! Lots of Denver folks. There is no stortage of events going on beforehand.
    *BeachParty in FtLauderdale by the Sea
    *There is always a precruise concert put on by Donn ( Captain Metal) that usually has a cruise band--great way to meet and greet
    * Brewery get togethers, and we did a Pirate Ship cruise to a Pirate Bar(and completely drank them dry) :pound:
    * Or, you can just relax on the beach...
    After the cruise, lots of people leave the same day, I stay an extra day to recoup..!

Thank you! I'm really glad I decided to hop on the forums, because I really would have missed out on a lot of pre-cruise fun ^_^ I figured I'd be able to meet people on the boat, but it sounds like much more fun to get to know some people beforehand. :mrgreen:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:32 am

Getting to know some of the forumites is indeed a good and easy way to get so much more out of the cruise. I wasn't too active on the forum before the first cruise, and even if I did meet lots of nice people on the cruise and the pre-party (what was the dive bar in downtown Miami called?), it was way too easy to just hang out with all the Finns on the boat. After the cruise I became more active on the forum and by the second 70k knew most (if not all) of the regulars and by the time I got to Miami, meeting everyone face to face felt like a family reunion.

It is quite funny when people at gigs or festivals in Europe come up to me and ask if I'm Memnoch or, better yet, say "Hey, you're the girlie metal guy!", because they know me from this forum (or from the facebook groups). Oh, well, I only have myself to blame for that. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Thrashmania
    Crewman

by Thrashmania » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:55 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Thrashmania wrote:

Ahh, but was it the old studio, which was large enough (barely) to accomodate one Mastodon in concert, or the new studio...which ain't? :lol: :heavydrink:

the ain't one.
    70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
  • katkonainen
    Wiper

by katkonainen » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:47 am

Getting to know some of the forumites is indeed a good and easy way to get so much more out of the cruise. I wasn't too active on the forum before the first cruise, and even if I did meet lots of nice people on the cruise and the pre-party (what was the dive bar in downtown Miami called?), it was way too easy to just hang out with all the Finns on the boat. After the cruise I became more active on the forum and by the second 70k knew most (if not all) of the regulars and by the time I got to Miami, meeting everyone face to face felt like a family reunion.

It is quite funny when people at gigs or festivals in Europe come up to me and ask if I'm Memnoch or, better yet, say "Hey, you're the girlie metal guy!", because they know me from this forum (or from the facebook groups). Oh, well, I only have myself to blame for that. :lol:

All the Finns I've ever been fortunate enough to meet have indeed been very easy to hangout with! I actually spent a few days earlier this year following Nightwish on tour and they were some of the nicest, most humble people I've met.
    I'm trying to be more active on the forum to really get to know people beforehand, and so far everyone seems really friendly and helpful. This is actually my first ever venture outside of the US, so I'm really excited for that and it seems like getting to know people now can only make it even more fun. Besides, I think all my friends that aren't going are getting quite bored of hearing how excited I am, at least I know here everyone else is excited too :P
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:48 pm

This'll be my first ever 70K. While I have a lot of friends going on the cruise (two of whom I'm rooming with), I'm just peachy about getting to know a lot of people from all over the world leading up to February. Really looking forward to meeting you all
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:05 pm

Oh, the beach is private?

Cool. No cops showing up freaked out by 3000 random metalheads this time.

I can't wait for the cruise this year... I'm starting to get antsy.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:14 am

Memnoch wrote:After the cruise I became more active on the forum and by the second 70k knew most (if not all) of the regulars and by the time I got to Miami, meeting everyone face to face felt like a family reunion.

I personally jumped on the board as soon as I knew I was going on my first cruise, because I personally didn't know anyone who goes to these things. Good thing, too, because I've had the experience of traveling to festivals and it's a little overwhelming to not know anybody there.

This year I might have a local friend coming down, but from finding out about the parties on this board and then going, I've met a lot of people who I know will be on the cruise again.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the forum meet-up and only really met Jaimie, but IIRC that was more by accident than anything. This year I hope to make it.

Anyone who is new to the cruise, I really recommend going to any of the smaller pre-parties in Florida so you can really meet people before it gets too hectic.
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:38 pm

tritonx wrote:Does this means that nothing will happen at the Riptide ?

I already booked a cheap bed at the Holywood beach suites and hostels, not easy to find something reasonable when you travel alone.

Are there any hostels on that other beach or does anyone want to share a room? I don't want to pay more than 100$ per night.

It's a good question, and was probably already answered, but I know for a fact both parties will be going on. I'll be heading to the Riptide as soon as I fly in, then head to the main party. Gonna be a blast. Hope to see everyone in between both of these sure to be raging parties.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:03 pm

katkonainen wrote:Thank you! I'm really glad I decided to hop on the forums, because I really would have missed out on a lot of pre-cruise fun ^_^ I figured I'd be able to meet people on the boat, but it sounds like much more fun to get to know some people beforehand. :mrgreen:

I see you're from Denver - there are about 30 of us going from Denver! I requested you (i think) on FB.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:04 pm

I'm in Denver as well. I think we should all have a pre-cruise get-together. TRVE brewery on the 30th? I'm flying out to Miami on the 31st.
  • Ollie5000
    Wiper

by Ollie5000 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:52 am

Hi All,

Im just wondering if this is still happening at the Tiki bar as i cannot find the event page and there seems to be another location for this?
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:00 am

Ollie5000 wrote:Hi All,

Im just wondering if this is still happening at the Tiki bar as i cannot find the event page and there seems to be another location for this?

Yes it's still taking place at the Ocean Manor Tiki bar. The facebook event page is set as private though which is why you can't see it. If you send me a private message with a link to your FB page I can send you an invite.

:cheers:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    dinki
    Petty Officer

by dinki » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:04 am

did someone organized specials(drinks/discounts) for us at the ocean manor?
    Emperor-Mayhem-Midnight-Night Demon-Savage Master
  • Post Reply 50 posts