Post Reply 38 posts Page 1 of 1
Set lengths for 2016
    cowboy71
    Commander

Set lengths for 2016

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:56 pm

Thought this might be fun - to figure out who is getting how much time :)

2015 roughly we had 40 bands get 45 minute sets, 17 bands get one hour sets, and three bands (Venom, Apocalyptica and Blind Guardian) get 75 minute sets.

We can use information from previous cruises for a lot of the bands as a starting point.

The three headliners probably cause for debate - ATG got 75 minutes on Barge but will they warrant the same on 70k? CoB got 75 minutes in 2012 but are they worthy of the same now? And the third - maybe Cradle?

But if that is the case - then we are maybe still due 1 'headliner', 3 'bigger' bands, then the rest will be 45-minute setters.

75 Minutes
    Children of Bodom

60 Minutes
    At The Gates (got 75 minutes on BTH, but probably only get 60 on 70K)
    Cradle of Filth
    Dragonforce
    Epica
    Gamma Ray
    Hammerfall
    Iced Earth
    Insomnium
    Lacuna Coil
    Moonspell
    My Dying Bride
    Rhapsody of Fire
    Rotting Christ
    Sodom
    Turisas

45 Minutes
    Ancient Rites
    Aura Noir
    Belphegor
    Carach Angren
    Delain
    Firewind
    Fleshgod Apocalypse
    Holy Moses
    Manilla Road
    Samael
    Thyrfing
    Tsjuder
    Tyr
    Visions of Atlantis
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    spooky
    Petty Officer

Re: Set lengths for 2016

by spooky » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:14 pm

epica should be 75 minutes. actually, they should be 90... ;)
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:49 pm

spooky wrote:epica should be 75 minutes. actually, they should be 90... ;)

I agree. So should RoF :shred:
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:56 pm

Kingslayer wrote:

I agree, That is prime time nap time :cheers:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:55 pm

Agreed!!!!!
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:02 am

7,5 Minutes are enough, or maybe 9. If Simone isn't singing/howling/screaming are 45 Minutes ok...... :heavydrink:
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:27 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    The three headliners probably cause for debate - ATG got 75 minutes on Barge but will they warrant the same on 70k?

I honestly don't think so, in part because Barge was more specific to the 'harder' bands.

With some of the huge ego's in your 60 minute category, I could see that Andy will have a hard time deciding on set length. Cradle, DragonForce, Epica, Hammerfall and My Dying Bride are prolly more realistic at this point; CoB not so much.
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:26 pm

Azazel101 wrote:
    Kingslayer wrote:

I agree, That is prime time nap time :cheers:

Exactly, man. I also don't think Epica is a huge deal. They tour a lot. That could just attest to their popularity I guess, but I've seen them and I didn't think they were on the same level as Blind Guardian, etc.

I would swap out At the Gates for Iced Earth, though. Iced Earth is fucking huge. At the Gates is great, but I don't think they're Iced Earth great.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:21 pm

Yeah I think you are right there.

Iced Earth could well be one of the three. Jon mentioned to me when I met him last that he wouldn't do 70K again. Maybe Andy lured him back with the promise that they would headline?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:07 pm

SaraMarie wrote:Exactly, man. I also don't think Epica is a huge deal. They tour a lot. That could just attest to their popularity I guess, but I've seen them and I didn't think they were on the same level as Blind Guardian, etc.

I would swap out At the Gates for Iced Earth, though. Iced Earth is fucking huge. At the Gates is great, but I don't think they're Iced Earth great.

ATG was one of the headliners on BTH but that doesn't guarantee them as a headliner for 70K 2016. Behemoth also headlined BTH but were given a 60 minute set on this year's 70K.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:30 pm

Ahhhh. VERY good point about Behemoth.

I think I'll edit ATG down to 60 minutes.

Who knows? We have a lot of possible contenders for the 75 minute sets (eg Cradle of Filth, CoB, Iced Earth, Epica) but we don't have any clear picks like we did this year in Blind Guardian, Venom and Apocalyptica.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:47 pm

Latest update! My thoughts for the latest 10 bands.

Maybe could still get 2 or 3 bands worthy of a 60 minute (or 75 minutes) with the rest getting 45.

75 Minutes
    Children of Bodom

60 Minutes
    Cradle of Filth
    Dragonforce
    Epica
    Gamma Ray
    Hammerfall
    Iced Earth
    KATATONIA
    Lacuna Coil
    Moonspell
    My Dying Bride
    PARADISE LOST
    Rhapsody of Fire
    Sodom
    STRATOVARIUS
    SUBWAY TO SALLY
    Turisas

45 Minutes
    Ancient Rites
    Aura Noir
    Belphegor
    BLOODBATH (maybe 60)
    Carach Angren
    Delain
    Firewind
    Fleshgod Apocalypse
    Holy Moses
    Insomnium (maybe 60)
    JAG PANZER
    KRISIUN
    Manilla Road
    Rotting Christ
    Samael
    SQUEALER
    Thyrfing
    Tsjuder
    Tyr
    VADER
    VALLENFYRE
    Visions of Atlantis
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:22 pm

I think Bloodbath will have more than a 45 minute set. I'd say swap them with Subway To Sally in your list.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:00 pm

Sgt. B wrote:I think Bloodbath will have more than a 45 minute set. I'd say swap them with Subway To Sally in your list.

Yeah I reckon they might get 60. But Subway will definitely get 60 minute sets in my eyes though - they got 60 in 2013 when they were on previously.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:12 am

It's really a crime that our highest-voted band on the lineup, Insomnium (at #4), will probably only get 45 minutes.
    Considering how many people had them in their wish-lists, they REALLY should get an hour.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:50 am

Pellaz wrote:It's really a crime that our highest-voted band on the lineup, Insomnium (at #4), will probably only get 45 minutes.
    Considering how many people had them in their wish-lists, they REALLY should get an hour.

Insomnium are in the same bracket as Bloodbath. Could possibly get 60 minute sets, depending on who gets added in the final 20.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:53 pm

]Latest update! Pretty easy with the latest 4 - Eluveitie definitely 60 minutes, the other three definitely 45.

75 Minutes
    Children of Bodom

60 Minutes
    Cradle of Filth
    Dragonforce
    Eluveitie
    Epica
    Gamma Ray
    Hammerfall
    Iced Earth
    KATATONIA
    Lacuna Coil
    Moonspell
    My Dying Bride
    PARADISE LOST
    Rhapsody of Fire
    Sodom
    STRATOVARIUS
    SUBWAY TO SALLY
    Turisas

45 Minutes
    Abinchova
    Ancient Rites
    Aura Noir
    Belphegor
    BLOODBATH (maybe 60)
    Carach Angren
    Delain
    Firewind
    Fleshgod Apocalypse
    Holy Moses
    Insomnium (maybe 60)
    JAG PANZER
    KRISIUN
    Manilla Road
    Painful
    Rotting Christ
    Samael
    SQUEALER
    Thyrfing
    Tsjuder
    Twilight Force
    Tyr
    VADER
    VALLENFYRE
    Visions of Atlantis
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:54 am

Insomnium really needs to get 60 min., dangit.
    After Amon Amarth (still a possibility!), Sabaton (ruled out, you're welcome Memnoch) and Eluveitie (welcome abroad!), Insomnium was our collective #4 wish-list choice.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:07 am

I'm quite sure Insomnium will get 60 minutes. Also, I think there are many candidates there to get 75 minutes: At the Gates, My Dying Bride, Katatonia, Paradise Lost...
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:04 am

My guesses are that Bodom will be 60 and Lacuna Coil and CoF will be 75. Bloodbath, Insomnium, Firewind, Vader, Tyr, Rotting Christ are all 60 I think. How many bands were in each tier last time round?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:39 am

2015 we had 40 bands get 45 minute sets, 17 bands get one hour sets, and three bands (Venom, Apocalyptica and Blind Guardian) get 75 minute sets.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:40 am

Manilla road need atleast 90 min sets each if not longer.
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:37 am

bodomdragon wrote:I'm quite sure Insomnium will get 60 minutes. Also, I think there are many candidates there to get 75 minutes: At the Gates, My Dying Bride, Katatonia, Paradise Lost...

I'd hope being a repeat and described as a "fan favourite" would earn My Dying Bride a 75 minute set. I can't see it happening though.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:41 am

My Dying Bride definitely needs a 75 min set.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:48 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:My Dying Bride definitely needs a 75 min set.

Agree with Razor & Doomguy on MDB needing 75 minutes.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:16 pm

50 down, 10 to go

75 Minutes
    Children of Bodom

60 Minutes
    Cradle of Filth
    Dragonforce
    Eluveitie
    Epica
    Gamma Ray
    Hammerfall
    Iced Earth
    Katatonia
    Lacuna Coil
    Moonspell
    My Dying Bride
    Paradise Lost
    Rhapsody of Fire
    Sodom
    Stratovarius
    Subway To Sally
    Turisas

45 Minutes
    Abinchova
    Ancient Rites
    Aura Noir
    Belphegor
    Bloodbath (maybe 60)
    Carach Angren
    Delain
    Dia De Los Muertos
    Distillator
    Firewind
    Fleshgod Apocalypse
    Holy Moses
    Insomnium (maybe 60)
    Jag Panzer
    Koyi K Utho
    Krisiun
    Manilla Road
    Painful
    Raven
    Rotting Christ
    Samael
    Skalmold
    Squealer
    Susperia
    Thyrfing
    Tsjuder
    Twilight Force
    Tyr
    Vader
    Vallenfyre
    Visions of Atlantis
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:32 pm

Even if COF gets 75 minutes, we are still missing one more headliner if we get 3 like last year. Amon Amarth will definitely fill that spot if announced.
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:35 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:Even if COF gets 75 minutes, we are still missing one more headliner if we get 3 like last year. Amon Amarth will definitely fill that spot if announced.

I was thinking that exact thing.

There are a few bands there that could warrant 75 minutes sets, but there is nothing clearcut whereas an Amon Amarth would be undisputed 75-minute-set-worthy!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:36 am

How long was Iced Earth's set on the 2011 cruise?
    2025:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:16 am

Jotunheimr wrote:How long was Iced Earth's set on the 2011 cruise?

IE were definitely 60 minute sets in 2011.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:54 pm

Latest 5 getting 45 minutes - Maybe Dead Cross would get 60?

75 Minutes
    Children of Bodom

60 Minutes
    Cradle of Filth
    Dragonforce
    Eluveitie
    Epica
    Gamma Ray
    Hammerfall
    Iced Earth
    Katatonia
    Lacuna Coil
    Moonspell
    My Dying Bride
    Paradise Lost
    Rhapsody of Fire
    Sodom
    Stratovarius
    Subway To Sally
    Turisas

45 Minutes
    Abinchova
    Ancient Rites
    Aura Noir
    Belphegor
    Bloodbath (maybe 60)
    Carach Angren
    Dead Cross (maybe 60)
    Delain
    Dia De Los Muertos
    Distillator
    Fallujah
    Firewind
    Fleshgod Apocalypse
    Ghoul
    Holy Moses
    Incantation
    Insomnium (maybe 60)
    Jag Panzer
    Koyi K Utho
    Krisiun
    Manilla Road
    No Rasa
    Painful
    Raven
    Rotting Christ
    Samael
    Skalmold
    Squealer
    Susperia
    Thyrfing
    Tsjuder
    Twilight Force
    Tyr
    Vader
    Vallenfyre
    Visions of Atlantis
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:03 pm

Amon Amarth (wishful thinking) will get 75 minutes
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:05 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Latest 5 getting 45 minutes - Maybe Dead Cross would get 60?

75 Minutes
    Children of Bodom

60 Minutes
    Cradle of Filth
    Dragonforce
    Eluveitie
    Epica
    Gamma Ray
    Hammerfall
    Iced Earth
    Katatonia
    Lacuna Coil
    Moonspell
    My Dying Bride
    Paradise Lost
    Rhapsody of Fire
    Sodom
    Stratovarius
    Subway To Sally
    Turisas

45 Minutes
    Abinchova
    Ancient Rites
    Aura Noir
    Belphegor
    Bloodbath (maybe 60)
    Carach Angren
    Dead Cross (maybe 60)
    Delain
    Dia De Los Muertos
    Distillator
    Fallujah
    Firewind
    Fleshgod Apocalypse
    Ghoul
    Holy Moses
    Incantation
    Insomnium (maybe 60)
    Jag Panzer
    Koyi K Utho
    Krisiun
    Manilla Road
    No Rasa
    Painful
    Raven
    Rotting Christ
    Samael
    Skalmold
    Squealer
    Susperia
    Thyrfing
    Tsjuder
    Twilight Force
    Tyr
    Vader
    Vallenfyre
    Visions of Atlantis

Dave Lombardo band doesnt have material for a 60 min set.
    metal4ever
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:23 pm

Final results - I was pretty close!!

75 Minutes
    Children of Bodom
    Cradle of Filth
    Iced Earth

60 Minutes
    At The Gates
    Bloodbath
    Dragonforce
    Eluveitie
    Epica
    Gamma Ray
    Hammerfall
    Katatonia
    Lacuna Coil
    Moonspell
    My Dying Bride
    Paradise Lost
    Rhapsody of Fire
    Sodom
    Stratovarius
    Subway To Sally
    Turisas

45 Minutes
    Abinchova
    Ancient Rites
    Arkona
    Aura Noir
    Belphegor
    Carach Angren
    Dead Cross
    Delain
    Dia De Los Muertos
    Distillator
    Fallujah
    Firewind
    Fleshgod Apocalypse
    Ghoul
    Holy Moses
    Incantation
    Insomnium
    Jag Panzer
    Koyi K Utho
    Krisiun
    Manilla Road
    Nervosa
    No Rasa
    Novembers Doom
    Painful
    Raven
    Rotting Christ
    Samael
    Skalmold
    Squealer
    Starkill
    Susperia
    Thyrfing
    Tsjuder
    Twilight Force
    Tyr
    Vader
    Vallenfyre
    Visions of Atlantis
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    TEKWRX
    Oiler

by TEKWRX » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:38 pm

It's a crime to give Samael & Rotting Christ only 60 minutes.... :bitch:
    ----------------------------
    BTH Survivor (2012)
    70k 2016 Survivor
    ----------------------------
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:22 pm

I feel the same about Tyr.

Given how many albums they've produced, how far they've had to travel to do the cruise, and how loyal they have been to the cruise, it's a crime they only get 45 minutes.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:45 pm

Keep in mind guys this is all negotiated per band. It could be they only had 45 minutes of material rehearsed. You can't just go and play a couple songs you haven't played in a year if you get a longer set time than you've been touring on. Could also be a payment thing.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:41 pm

Stained Class wrote:Keep in mind guys this is all negotiated per band. It could be they only had 45 minutes of material rehearsed. You can't just go and play a couple songs you haven't played in a year if you get a longer set time than you've been touring on. Could also be a payment thing.

That leads into a funny story about Abinchova actually :D

They had two quite different sets planned - well so they thought anyway :P In Europe when they play festivals they get about 30 minutes as they are a 'smaller' band. They didn't realise until they saw the running order that they actually got 2 x 45 minute sets!!

Hence why their sets were the same :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 38 posts Page 1 of 1