Post Reply 13 posts Page 1 of 1
70000 Tons of Magic
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

70000 Tons of Magic

by Kingslayer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:53 pm

I was out with a couple friends for my birthday over the weekend, and I brought up the fact that I'll be on the cruise. After a minor jealousy induced freakout, one of them told me that some of her friends say that a bunch of the musicians play Magic The Gathering, and that I should bring my cards. Unfortunately, I lost most interest about a year and a half ago. So, three questions:

1. How many MTG players are in the forum?
    2. Have any of you played with musicians on the boat?
    3. Would it be worth my while to try to get back into it at least for the cruise?
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: 70000 Tons of Magic

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:44 pm

Kingslayer wrote:I was out with a couple friends for my birthday over the weekend, and I brought up the fact that I'll be on the cruise. After a minor jealousy induced freakout, one of them told me that some of her friends say that a bunch of the musicians play Magic The Gathering, and that I should bring my cards. Unfortunately, I lost most interest about a year and a half ago. So, three questions:

3. Would it be worth my while to try to get back into it at least for the cruise?

Not a player myself but I know the guys from Alestorm and Gloryhammer are big players.

In fact you can even get a Magic The Gathering playmat of the new Gloryhammer album cover:

http://www.inkedgaming.com/collections/ ... os-playmat
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:21 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Kingslayer wrote:I was out with a couple friends for my birthday over the weekend, and I brought up the fact that I'll be on the cruise. After a minor jealousy induced freakout, one of them told me that some of her friends say that a bunch of the musicians play Magic The Gathering, and that I should bring my cards. Unfortunately, I lost most interest about a year and a half ago. So, three questions:

Not a player myself but I know the guys from Alestorm and Gloryhammer are big players.

In fact you can even get a Magic The Gathering playmat of the new Gloryhammer album cover:

http://www.inkedgaming.com/collections/ ... os-playmat

Yeah, it's not much of a secret that those guys are huge nerds lol. And I'd buy a GH playmat in a heartbeat if the one I have right now wasn't in such good shape
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:56 pm

Swashbuckle is huge on it too - had a friend teach one of the guys from Finntroll how to play against them.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:00 pm

I know a few people who (I think) aren't on the forum but are going to be on the boat, and they play.
    Brothers.of.Metal-/-Vintersorg-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Powerwolf-/-Finntroll-/-Eisbrecher-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Teräsbetoni-/-Avantasia-/-Edguy-/-Grai-/-Astral.Doors-/-Nodfyr-/-Scarab-/-Mono.Inc.-/-Kontrust-/-Heathen.Foray-/-The.Dread.Crew.Of.Oddwood-/-Turisas-/-Deathstars
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:02 pm

I don't do this but I think worth it. I think Swashbuckle had a special laminate and prize for whoever could beat them.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:42 pm

biertroll wrote:I don't do this but I think worth it. I think Swashbuckle had a special laminate and prize for whoever could beat them.

I'll confirm that. Friend I mentioned previously was given one for cracking a wall deck joke of some sort.

It was a custom card on a lanyard that had something like "Thank's Dick" (with a middle finger) on one side and "Officially nerdier than Swashbuckle" on the other. Or close to... haven't seen it for a while.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:52 pm

I don't think I'd have the time to Play MtG - so, I don't intend to bring any decks.
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • Thrashmania
    Crewman

by Thrashmania » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:38 pm

last_candle wrote:I don't think I'd have the time to Play MtG - so, I don't intend to bring any decks.
    Pretty much this.
    70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
  • VikingTurtle
    Wiper

by VikingTurtle » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:36 pm

I will definitely be bringing a few decks this time around and I'll try to always have one on me. Would be nice to block out time to all meet at the english pub or something but that's next to impossible without knowing the running order of bands. BOAT!
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:33 am

I just picked up Cards Against Humanity plus the first 6 expansion decks, but I seriously doubt I'd have time to play during the cruise either.
    I have NO doubt whatsoever that Andy will manage to schedule some of my must-see bands at 15 minutes after muster drill, and at 3 am, and at 11 am .....again. :lol: :bitch:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:57 pm

I could consider bringing a common highlander :cool:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • VikingTurtle
    Wiper

by VikingTurtle » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:31 pm

last_candle wrote:I could consider bringing a common highlander :cool:

Do it! I just started playing commander last weekend actually haha.
Post Reply 13 posts Page 1 of 1