Post Reply 71 posts
Bottle Exchange(?)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Bottle Exchange(?)

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:49 am

These are the metal related beers I've found for the bottle share:
    Verjnuarmu smoked porter, Impaled NAzarene's Year of the Goat smoked ale, Amorphis pale ale, Herald (Estonian heavy metal) black IPA and the Trooper 666.

I have a couple of other brews for the brewmaster at Funky Buddha and for Brian (Monmisreal) and one chile beer for a fellow chilehead. But I might be able to take a couple of other beers as well, so in case anyone has any specific requests, now's the time.
    Sucks that Alko (our alcohol store) has craft beer weeks starting in February, and they seem to get some wild ales and sours then. I'm not a fan of any of the sour styles, but apparently some do like them. My favourite style is IPA (or to be precise, APA) and I've recently started to enjoy more and more black IPAs and porters. But, yes, if you guys&gals have any specific in mind (from Finland or Estonia), I can try and find them. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:50 am

Oh, the supermarkets here carry the Motörhead, Kiss and AC/DC beers, but I'm not bringing them. They're all terrible. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:22 am

What can I do to get one of these Amorphis Pale Ale, and what can I offer back in exchange? :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:43 am

I guess I could bring you one to the beach party or to Funky Buddha if you're going. Maybe some Spanish/Catalonian craft beer in exchange? Not Estrella Damm. :lol: Some IPA or imperial/double IPA if possible. I'm not too familiar with the Spanish craft beer scene, so pretty much any brew you'll find is a new one for me.
    Wishlist:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:25 am

Memnoch wrote:I guess I could bring you one to the beach party or to Funky Buddha if you're going. Maybe some Spanish/Catalonian craft beer in exchange? Not Estrella Damm. :lol: Some IPA or imperial/double IPA if possible. I'm not too familiar with the Spanish craft beer scene, so pretty much any brew you'll find is a new one for me.

I'll try to find a good one, I'll come back to you ;)

I think I won't make it to the beach party, or at least it will be really late, but if we can meet somewhere in Ft. Lauderdale. Or even the 4th on the queue maybe?
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:12 am

Sure. We're staying at the Travelodge Ft. Lauderdale Beach close to the Ocean Manor, so if you're close by in the evening of the 3rd, we can meet up somewhere around there. Or while queueing in the port. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:47 am

What time is everyone getting to funky buddha? I'm taking a half day on the second and we will basically be heading right for it.

Just realized there's two locations. Is the one we are going to 1201 NE 38th St, Oakland Park, FL?
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:26 pm

That seems to be the location, yes.
    Since the "70,000 Tons of Funky Buddha" event is set to start at 6PM, maybe we should have the bottle share at 5PM?
    Wishlist:
    Mikko
    Oiler

by Mikko » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:50 pm

As a beer enthusiast and first timer this seems a great way to get to know some fellow cruisers.

Does anyone have any wishes regarding Belgian Beers? I won't be able to take many in my luggage but could buy some tax free in the airport in Brussels where they should sell some decent beers as well.
    Survivor: 2016-2017-2018-2019-2020
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Mikko wrote:Does anyone have any wishes regarding Belgian Beers?

I'd love to get my hands on a Gageleer with the "Ancient Belgian Beer for Metalheads" label :bangers:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Mikko
    Oiler

by Mikko » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:14 pm

Speedy wrote:
    Mikko wrote:Does anyone have any wishes regarding Belgian Beers?

I'd love to get my hands on a Gageleer with the "Ancient Belgian Beer for Metalheads" label :bangers:

All right I know one shop were they sell it. I will contact them to see if they still do!
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:32 pm

Memnoch wrote:I guess I could bring you one to the beach party or to Funky Buddha if you're going. Maybe some Spanish/Catalonian craft beer in exchange? Not Estrella Damm. :lol: Some IPA or imperial/double IPA if possible. I'm not too familiar with the Spanish craft beer scene, so pretty much any brew you'll find is a new one for me.

Bodomdragon, buy him an Estrella off one of the people selling it at the beach, jejejeje.

One of my bosses took me to a brewery in Barcelona, it was inside some big garage and had barrels for seats and a taco truck parked inside. Actually, I think it was this one: http://edgebrewing.com/gallery/. It's run by American expats, and my boss is a beer snob who really likes it there. The beer was good, and so are the tacos.

I just finished packing my beers. It's not the same as I originally meant to bring, but they're a nice mix:

- Flower City American IPA from Lock 32 (brewery on the Erie Canal)
    - The Kind IPA from 3 Heads Brewery
    - 2XIPA from Southern Tier
    - Scotch Ale from Genesee Brewing Co
    - Oatmeal Milk Stout from Hamburg
    - Joe Latte from CB Craft Brewers
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:04 pm

Memnoch wrote:Sucks that Alko (our alcohol store) has craft beer weeks starting in February, and they seem to get some wild ales and sours then. I'm not a fan of any of the sour styles, but apparently some do like them.

*angry fistttttt* I don't like them, I love them!

Memnoch wrote:That seems to be the location, yes.
    Since the "70,000 Tons of Funky Buddha" event is set to start at 6PM, maybe we should have the bottle share at 5PM?

Brian has to work until noon, and it's about a 4 hour drive so hopefully we'll get there around 5ish :bangers:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:30 am

SaraMarie wrote:Bodomdragon, buy him an Estrella off one of the people selling it at the beach, jejejeje.

Hey, I'm not such a bad person! :)

Actually we have some reallly good breweries in Barcelona, many of them run by expats. Craft beer is starting to be a thing here, and we beer lovers are very happy with that :)
    Wishlist:

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:50 am

I had a very nice rye amber called Soy Rodriguez from Edge Brewing on Friday in Helsinki. I've had some of their other brews as well earlier. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:53 am

Daenerys wrote:*angry fistttttt* I don't like them, I love them!

How about Goses? I got a bottle of Danish "To Øl Gose to Hollywood" yesterday, and I might as well bring it over since that's not really my kind of beer. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:45 am

Yes please! :chug: One of the breweries here has a gose I haven't had a chance to try yet called "Or Else It Gets The Gose Again" :lol:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
  • Decibel
    Oiler

by Decibel » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:53 am

I didn't think I was gonna bring any, but I'll probably try and bring some good ol' Canadian beer with me (Plenty of craft brewers in Calgary). Hopefully it will make it to the beer exchange.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:11 am

Dammit. Doesn't look good finding a bottle of the Amorphis beer bodomdragon. I've checked the five most likely places that might have it, but they've all sold every last bottle. And no idea when the next batch is in the shops.
    But, since the beer itself isn't all that special, I think I'll save the bottle I have for you. :beerwink:

I still have one place I'm checking tomorrow.
    Wishlist:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:13 pm

Memnoch wrote:Dammit. Doesn't look good finding a bottle of the Amorphis beer bodomdragon. I've checked the five most likely places that might have it, but they've all sold every last bottle. And no idea when the next batch is in the shops.
    But, since the beer itself isn't all that special, I think I'll save the bottle I have for you. :beerwink:

I still have one place I'm checking tomorrow.

Damn! That's unfortunate. Let me know if you find it :) Thanks man!
    Wishlist:

• torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:11 am

So gals and guys,
    I've bought a lot of local brews for the exchange, those can only be found in Ontario or Toronto.
    That raises my question:
    How much booze am I allowed to carry thru US customs? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

The US customs website says just 1L of alcohol but that's BS because I remember bringing more than that for gnoff back in the day.
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
    Doomicus
    Wiper

by Doomicus » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:10 pm

torpedo20 wrote:So gals and guys,
    I've bought a lot of local brews for the exchange, those can only be found in Ontario or Toronto.
    That raises my question:

Thanks!

The US customs website says just 1L of alcohol but that's BS because I remember bringing more than that for gnoff back in the day.

Looks like there are no strict limits on alcohol. Main thing is that it is for personal and not for commercial use.
    This is from US Customs site:
    "There is no federal limit on the amount of alcohol someone may import into the U.S. for personal use, however, large quantities might raise the suspicion that the importation is for commercial purposes, and a CBP Officer could require you to obtain an Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) import license before releasing it."
    UltimoAviso
    Petty Officer

by UltimoAviso » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:22 pm

torpedo20 wrote:So gals and guys,
    That raises my question:

Thanks!

you can bring as much as you like, just no more than 2 of the same labeled beer or its considered "commercial". From california to wacken a few times and i've only had an eyebrow raised once but security didnt care as it was personal use.
    http://www.helionprimemetal.com/ <-My Band

70K:
    2016-7211
    2017-9230
    2018-1690
    2019-7648
    Wacken:
    Progpower:

Wish:Skull Fist-Striker-*Grim Reaper*-Manowar-Running Wild(and i book immediately)
  • torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:40 am

Sweet!
    Thanks guys, let the beer drinking commence! :3drunks: :cheers:
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:01 pm

I managed to pack all eleven bottles in my luggage. Hopefully they're all intact when I get to Fort Lauderdale :givebeer: :bangers: :3drunks: :cheers: :beerwink: :beerbang: :belly: :beerhorns: :party: :smash:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Mikko
    Oiler

by Mikko » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:23 am

So I managed to buy 4 beers with, I hope great taste and funny names (Satan, Pirate, ...) and will pick up some at the airport.

What are the whereabouts of the bottle exchange. Does it actually take place @ the Funky Buddha or somewhere around. The official time is 7PM on the FB event. We are arriving at 3PM in Miami so gotta see how we can make it.

:3drunks:
  • torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:15 pm

Mikko wrote:So I managed to buy 4 beers with, I hope great taste and funny names (Satan, Pirate, ...) and will pick up some at the airport.

What are the whereabouts of the bottle exchange. Does it actually take place @ the Funky Buddha or somewhere around. The official time is 7PM on the FB event. We are arriving at 3PM in Miami so gotta see how we can make it.

:3drunks:

Things looking to get started at 5 PM for the bottle exchange. I've been to Funky Buddha with gnoff before, they have a large beer hall so we should be good good :cheers: See you all real... SOON! (sorry)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:49 am

So the bottle share didn't really happen last night. A new try later today.
    Wishlist:
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:40 am

No Crust was my favorite beer last night
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:14 pm

Memnoch wrote:So the bottle share didn't really happen last night. A new try later today.

We noticed that haha. The employees were not too happy with open bottles and cans. We had to give ours over to someone to hold until we left. I still have one bottle for you maybe haha.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:53 am

Back home and seems I managed to try well over 40 new brews on the trip. :beerwink:
    Thanks Brian for the 110K+OT Imperial IPA. That was quite a nice breakfast while lining up for the boat. :lol:
    Wishlist: