Post Reply 19 posts Page 1 of 1
drink packages
  • Barrtlebee
    Wiper

drink packages

by Barrtlebee » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:22 am

Does anyone know if there are any kind of drink packages? Have there been any on past cruises?
    jodionline
    Ensign

Re: drink packages

by jodionline » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:48 am

Only for water and soft-drinks so far I can remember.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:48 am

What do you mean by water? Isn't water covered in the general payment?
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:51 am

Sidvarg wrote:What do you mean by water? Isn't water covered in the general payment?

It is.

I've been two years in the cruise and for what I know the packages include sparkling drinks and juice - although there's also some bad quality free juice in the buffet. As for water, I don't know, there might be some higher quality bottled water which you have to pay for. I've never really been interested in that :D But yeah, you get water for free, don't worry about that.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:58 am

Tap water is free. Bottled water, of any kind, you have to pay for. I do not drink alcohol, so I know that!

There is also free juice during meals. It is not that bad.

:shred:
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:43 am

I thought there was actually a wine package, but I can't remember.

There will never be a package covering beer and liquor, sadly. We drink too much. If I had a package, oh man, I'd be never without a nice beer or margarita in my hand, I guarantee that.

bodomdragon wrote:I've never really been interested in that :D

Juice and things are quite useless at a party, no? Aside from making good screwdrivers. :givebeer:

Joking aside, it's good to drink plenty of water, but I know I didn't last year.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:15 am

I meant bottle water which was delivered to your room.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Decibel
    Oiler

by Decibel » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:59 am

Packages that were offered last year (that I can remember):
    Reference prices - (http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content ... ckages.pdf)

*Pop gives you a stamp which you can get free pop from the servers or you have to carry around this stupid plastic cup that has a card reader in it to dispense one container of pop per 30 minutes.

Royal Replenish ($22 USD per day)

Includes:
    • Premium coffee
    • Premium tea
    • Bottled water: Sparkling
    (375ml) or Still (500ml)
    • Fresh squeezed juice
    • Non-alcoholic cocktails
    • Fountain soda with Coca Cola ®
    souvenir cup

Royal Refreshement ($8 USD per day)
    Includes:
    Unlimited fountain soda
    with CocaCola® souvenir cup
    • 17 and under
    $5.50
    • 18 and over
    ROYAL $8.00

Bottled Water (1 Liter)
    Includes:
    • Evian Water
    12 Bottle
    $47.00
    • Evian Water
    24 Bottle
    BOTTLED $82.00

As already stated there is has been no alcohol packages offered in the past but.... in the faqs you can see that you are allowed 2 personal bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom (I don't ever recall people checking how much a stateroom has)
    Alcohol
    (http://tinyurl.com/hlj7fk2)

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?
    image: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/s.gif

A:
    Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use on boarding day or while in port. Alcoholic beverages seized on boarding day will not be returned.

Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them

Read more at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customers ... PI7oW01.99
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:19 am

I know there is an alcohol package because I've seen it on the Royal Caribbean website, it's about $40 per day and includes beers and wine. But everyone is saying there is no alcohol package so whether it's not offered for 70000tons I don't know.

I'm not a big drinker, in fact I didn't have a single alcoholic drink on the 2015 cruise, so I got the Royal Replenish package which includes virgin cocktails and premium coffee, it was great. I think it was about $80 for the whole cruise. Souvenir cup wasn't offered though unfortunately.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:23 am

doomguy wrote:whether it's not offered for 70000tons I don't know.

It's not. Maybe if we are lucky, someday, but I wouldn't count on it being there.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:33 am

Sorry man. No Alcohol package. The one offered on the Caribbean site is not valid in our cruise. Otherwise they would go broke!
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:48 am

Last year I got the water bottle package, but I recommend skipping it. Bring an empty and fill it up at the coffee shop instead.
    Wishlist 2021: Ranked in order of:
    1. Sheetz-my-panties and line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Rotting_Christ-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-Suicidal_Tendencies
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Konvent-/-Mgla-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Russkaja-/-Saturnus-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Heard-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Vermilia-/-Visigoth-/-VUUR-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Amorphis-/-Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Beasto_Blanco-/-Behemoth-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Insomnium-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metalachi-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Oceans_of_Slumber-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:19 pm

mikijonas wrote:Sorry man. No Alcohol package. The one offered on the Caribbean site is not valid in our cruise. Otherwise they would go broke!

This.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:17 pm

They should offer the alcohol packages to those who have sailed on all 70k's. :mrgreen:
    And no, Barge doesn't count, because I couldn't make it there. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Barrtlebee
    Wiper

by Barrtlebee » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:25 pm

Thanks for the info guys! It sucks there's no kind of drink package for alcohol but that wont stop me from drinking :smash:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:45 pm

Memnoch wrote:They should offer the alcohol packages to those who have sailed on all 70k's. :mrgreen:

I second this motion! But I was on Barge too :P
    I should get around to updating my signature
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:46 pm

SaraMarie wrote:
    doomguy wrote:whether it's not offered for 70000tons I don't know.

It's not. Maybe if we are lucky, someday, but I wouldn't count on it being there.

Thanks for clearing that up. No loss to me, I'm not a drinker.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:05 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:They should offer the alcohol packages to those who have sailed on all 70k's. :mrgreen:

I second this motion! But I was on Barge too :P

Maybe that will be our Gold Package for our 7 time cruisers :lol: :cry: :smash: :smash:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:11 am

Also, unless something has changed, Independence of the Seas does NOT have FreeStyle Coke machines, or any guest-accessible soda fountains, onbroad. Another reason to miss dear old Majesty. :cry:

Royal appears to differ from Carnival in that they don't let you bring any sodas or bottled water onbroad when boarding. Carnival allows up to 12 cans of soda per person in carry-on luggage, which is pretty cool. They used to allow bottles (soda or water) to be brought onbroad but now they only allow cans.
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
Post Reply 19 posts Page 1 of 1