Post Reply 27 posts Page 1 of 1
When is the best time to line up for band merch
  • LandonPayne
    Wiper

When is the best time to line up for band merch

by LandonPayne » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:03 pm

When is the best time to Line up fo band merch it says opens at 8 so should I get there a hour early or 2 hours or do they sell out of stuff quickly because I'm really wanting to get a carach Angren and fleshgod apocalypse merch
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: When is the best time to line up for band merch

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:07 pm

Dude - if you get there an hour or two beforehand there will still be a HUGE QUEUE.

A lot of people go straight to the merch after the last show they want to see that evening and sleep on the floor until it opens.

Remember though that only a few bands bring along cruise-specific merchandise, and some bring no merch at all.

In your case it wouldn't hurt asking the bands in question on Facebook what merch they are bringing, if any.

Bands that are bringing along special designs for the cruise sometimes mention it on Facebook in the leadup to the cruise, and that merchandise is usually the first thing to sell out.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:03 pm

If you only care for the cruise shirt it's safe to go for it on day 3 or 4, queues are down to a few minutes then.
    If you want the special shirts some bands bring...well you better bring a blanket to sleep in the queue :beerwink:
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:37 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Dude - if you get there an hour or two beforehand there will still be a HUGE QUEUE.

A lot of people go straight to the merch after the last show they want to see that evening and sleep on the floor until it opens.

Remember though that only a few bands bring along cruise-specific merchandise, and some bring no merch at all.

In your case it wouldn't hurt asking the bands in question on Facebook what merch they are bringing, if any.

Bands that are bringing along special designs for the cruise sometimes mention it on Facebook in the leadup to the cruise, and that merchandise is usually the first thing to sell out.

Which night do people start lining up?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:44 pm

Merch usually opens the morning after we sail, so around 8am on Friday morning.

So people will head there after the last of the shows they are interested in seeing on the first night.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Example - Jag Panzer are intending to do a special shirt:

Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cronos23462
    Oiler

by cronos23462 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:26 am

so the merch is only available certain hours a day?
    soilwork ,scar symmetry ,solution .45,dream evil, overkill, accept, venom inc,
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:12 pm

LandonPayne wrote:When is the best time to Line up fo band merch it says opens at 8 so should I get there a hour early or 2 hours or do they sell out of stuff quickly because I'm really wanting to get a carach Angren and fleshgod apocalypse merch

Start lining up as soon as you get on the ship. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:24 am

cronos23462 wrote:so the merch is only available certain hours a day?

The merch shops are open for many hours everyday. The problem is that the special ones - for example the one from Jaz Panzer shown a few posts above this one - will sell out during the first minutes or hours. That's why so many people queue for hours on the first day. But as someone else said, if you just want the regular cruise t-shirt you shouldn't worry at all, you'll get it.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:35 am

and larger shirts also go fast.
    2x are hard to get buy the second day of sales.
    and there are 2 different merch areas
    one for 70K and one for all bands and 70K merch
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:32 am

After watching what I eat somewhat and doing a bit of exercise over the past couple of months I can finally fit into an XL t-shirt again semi-comfortably (for the first time in years!). Since I no longer need to buy 2XL's I'm hoping to avoid the lineups of the first morning. What time does the lineup usually start to subside a bit? I don't mind waiting an hour or so but 3-4 hours is too much and I'm not about to sleep on the floor when I paid for a bed to sleep in :lol: .

And also is there a limit to the amount of merch that the bands can bring? Do most bands just opt for CDs and basic t-shirts. Or do some of them bring other items (girlie tees, hoodies, etc.) My daughter wants us to bring her back a Delain and Moonspell t-shirt so hopefully they bring along ladies sizes so we can pick her up some Xtra Smalls.....then again if they do these will probably go quick....so maybe I will have to sleep on the floor :lol: ..... :| ....... :cry:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:15 pm

I think there is a limit of 4 items per band? I could be wrong though.

As mentioned - some bands bring no merch at all, others just bring generic (ie - no tour dates) items, some have tour shirts with the 70K dates on them, and others have special 70K-only shirts like the Jag Panzer one above.

Last time Delain did 70k they had 2 types of shirt I think - a generic "We Are The Others" shirt, and another Delain one. They also had some CDs. That same cruise Tyr only had one design of shirt that was generic, Gotthard and Helloween had unique 70K designs as well as some others, etc.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:29 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:After watching what I eat somewhat and doing a bit of exercise over the past couple of months I can finally fit into an XL t-shirt again semi-comfortably (for the first time in years!). Since I no longer need to buy 2XL's I'm hoping to avoid the lineups of the first morning.

Still firmly in XXL territory, here. BUT...if they run out of my size in a shirt, it just means less money spent on merch! :lol:

What time does the lineup usually start to subside a bit? I don't mind waiting an hour or so but 3-4 hours is too much and I'm not about to sleep on the floor when I paid for a bed to sleep in :lol: .

Check me on this, more experienced 70K'ers, but I think it'll be long the entire first day of sales (second day of the cruise). By midday on the second day of sales it starts to decrease. I waited 45 minutes last year at around that time.

And also is there a limit to the amount of merch that the bands can bring? Do most bands just opt for CDs and basic t-shirts. Or do some of them bring other items (girlie tees, hoodies, etc.) My daughter wants us to bring her back a Delain and Moonspell t-shirt so hopefully they bring along ladies sizes so we can pick her up some Xtra Smalls.....then again if they do these will probably go quick....so maybe I will have to sleep on the floor :lol: ..... :| ....... :cry:

Each band can bring two items.

As one band-member explained it to me last year, Royal Caribbean gets a "venue fee" on merch (10 or 15%, I forget which), but apparently it's not charged on stuff like CDs, which is why they brought stuff besides t-shirts.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:49 pm

My sister and I were discussing the line last year, and we both came to the conclusion "why waste that much of your limited time in what amounts to metalhead paradise in line?" There's too much epic shit happening constantly to even start to be worth it to waste time waiting to buy a shirt.

Grab a 70K shirt at one of the satellite booths later on during the cruise once there aren't lines.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:09 pm

Yup, the merch lines are the biggest waste of your valuable time. All I wanted was a 70K Tons of Metal shirt. By the 2nd or 3rd day all the larger sizes are gone. Why this can't be ordered online, I have no idea, but it would be a good start to ending a lot of frustration.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:20 pm

I wanted an Ensiferum shirt and a Wintersun shirt from last year's cruise but waited too long like a moron and was told the merch store was permanently closed when I went. :cry: Guess who's waiting overnight for merch on the first night! :headbanger:
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:20 pm

Bob wrote:Yup, the merch lines are the biggest waste of your valuable time. All I wanted was a 70K Tons of Metal shirt. By the 2nd or 3rd day all the larger sizes are gone. Why this can't be ordered online, I have no idea, but it would be a good start to ending a lot of frustration.

Biggest hurt for me is when a band I want to see kicks off the morning at 10am.

Merch meant to open at 8am. Never actually does. Time ticks closer to 10am and you still haven't moved. SOOOO FRUSTRATING!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:28 pm

Tono_Fyr wrote:My sister and I were discussing the line last year, and we both came to the conclusion "why waste that much of your limited time in what amounts to metalhead paradise in line?" There's too much epic shit happening constantly to even start to be worth it to waste time waiting to buy a shirt.

Grab a 70K shirt at one of the satellite booths later on during the cruise once there aren't lines.

Jeez, I thought I was the only one who thought like this! :D
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:34 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    Tono_Fyr wrote:My sister and I were discussing the line last year, and we both came to the conclusion "why waste that much of your limited time in what amounts to metalhead paradise in line?" There's too much epic shit happening constantly to even start to be worth it to waste time waiting to buy a shirt.

Jeez, I thought I was the only one who thought like this! :D

Yep, this is starting to sound like sound logic to me too. As long as we can get 70K shirts I'll be happy, anything extra will be a nice bonus. Will probably just pick up 70k merch at the satellite booths and venture to the main merch area sometime later once the lines get more reasonable. ;)
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:47 pm

Abinchova are also bringing along a unique shirt design:

Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:58 pm

If you know a band member or are lucky ,you can snag a shirt directly from them early.Bring some cash and just pay the same price (don't ask for a discount ) they are listed for.I seen this happen many times :cool:
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:27 pm

The best time to line up? Never! Wait for no lines. The merch for all bands is slim as it is. No need to waste time waiting in lines when there are so many great bands to see and so many wonderful people to meet that you may never see again. Enjoy the cruise. Waiting for three hours for a shirt that you can probably score later is a poor investment of time in my opinion. :beerhorns:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:29 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:The best time to line up? Never! Wait for no lines. The merch for all bands is slim as it is. No need to waste time waiting in lines when there are so many great bands to see and so many wonderful people to meet that you may never see again. Enjoy the cruise. Waiting for three hours for a shirt that you can probably score later is a poor investment of time in my opinion. :beerhorns:

Solid advice. I can also advocate for being female or a weird size, and just waiting until Day 4 and strolling up to one of the booths selling left-overs. I got a girlie tee with the cruise logo on it, and I stood behind exactly one other person.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:44 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:The best time to line up? Never! Wait for no lines. The merch for all bands is slim as it is. No need to waste time waiting in lines when there are so many great bands to see and so many wonderful people to meet that you may never see again. Enjoy the cruise. Waiting for three hours for a shirt that you can probably score later is a poor investment of time in my opinion. :beerhorns:

Absolutely agree.
    Wishlist:

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:31 am

deathmetalpat wrote:If you know a band member or are lucky ,you can snag a shirt directly from them early.Bring some cash and just pay the same price (don't ask for a discount ) they are listed for.I seen this happen many times :cool:

Be careful with this, because if the merch people or the cruise line find out that a band was selling t-shirts "on the sly" (even if it's done innocently), the band could get in trouble. (Remember, RCCL gets a "venue cut" from t-shirt sales.)
    Last year I was wearing a Melechesh shirt when I went to buy merch. My "personal shopper chick" asked me a little pointedly if I'd bought the shirt on the ship, and I answered honestly that I'd purchased it at their show in Atlanta on a previous tour...but as soon as she asked me I knew exactly WHY she did.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:01 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:If you know a band member or are lucky ,you can snag a shirt directly from them early.Bring some cash and just pay the same price (don't ask for a discount ) they are listed for.I seen this happen many times :cool:

Be careful with this, because if the merch people or the cruise line find out that a band was selling t-shirts "on the sly" (even if it's done innocently), the band could get in trouble. (Remember, RCCL gets a "venue cut" from t-shirt sales.)
    Last year I was wearing a Melechesh shirt when I went to buy merch. My "personal shopper chick" asked me a little pointedly if I'd bought the shirt on the ship, and I answered honestly that I'd purchased it at their show in Atlanta on a previous tour...but as soon as she asked me I knew exactly WHY she did.

TSJUDER announced on facebook that you could buy unique 70k designs from their webstore, and then pick them up from the band in Florida.

UMC obviously heard about it, and shut them down.

Tsjuder wrote:We had to take down our web shop, so that the 70.000 tons... cruise can sell our merch. So there you go, you have to buy the shit at the cruise.. So, buy it, and maybe I'm able to get back most of my expences (doubtfully).
    I would like to thanks the ones who actually placed orders at our web shop, and did support Tsjuder directly. The only place where we actually are able to get a few bucks back.
    We will open it again when we're back from the states, and we will open it for shipping. We're planning some new exclusive designs, as well as signed LPs. So check back for updates.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:48 am

cowboy71 wrote:TSJUDER announced on facebook that you could buy unique 70k designs from their webstore, and then pick them up from the band in Florida.

UMC obviously heard about it, and shut them down.

Tsjuder wrote:We had to take down our web shop, so that the 70.000 tons... cruise can sell our merch. So there you go, you have to buy the shit at the cruise.. So, buy it, and maybe I'm able to get back most of my expences (doubtfully).
    I would like to thanks the ones who actually placed orders at our web shop, and did support Tsjuder directly. The only place where we actually are able to get a few bucks back.
    We will open it again when we're back from the states, and we will open it for shipping. We're planning some new exclusive designs, as well as signed LPs. So check back for updates.

Yep. The venue -- in this case, it's the cruise line -- always wants their cut.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Post Reply 27 posts Page 1 of 1