Post Reply 24 posts Page 1 of 1
"Interesting" blog post from a member of Dead Cross
    cowboy71
    Commander

"Interesting" blog post from a member of Dead Cross

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:20 pm

For those that haven't seen this yet, make of it what you will.

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/different-s ... tal-cruise
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

Re: "Interesting" blog post from the singer of Dead Cross

by Shadow Son » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:00 pm

Interesting is definitely the word. What the hell was he thinking? Just on a whim agrees to come on board without any clue what to expect, and then proceeds to rant about what 70K is? What, couldn't be bothered to do a simple google search before coming on board?
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
    tritonx
    Oiler

by tritonx » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:22 pm

Good read.

That singer is quite a character.
    2015:8393 2016:2614 2017:8459
    2018:9513
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:33 pm

I don't agree with him, but the guy recounts his experience in a blog post, nothing wrong with that.
    It's like with Mike Muir, Metal people don't get non-Metal people who don't get Metal people :-)
    He's a real punk, I'll give him that - he actually knocked down one of Dave's cymbal stands during their show :-)
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:12 am

Speaking as a 70K two-timer & big fan of the cruise...I actually found the article highly (& perhaps oddly) entertaining to read. In the comments, someone named Dallas (Bolenhausen, not our beloved Dallas the statsman Cowboy) mentioned a book that this guy Pearson wrote called How to Lose Friends and Irritate People. I wondered if that was legit, so I googled it and here it is - lol:
    http://www.amazon.com/Lose-Friends-Irri ... B00JDCOJ80

So, the guy clearly has an acerbic wit writing style and presumably the personality to go with it. Maybe some of the statements (like he only knew of a few of the bands onboard...what? Has he been living under a metal rock?) were tongue in cheek / not even serious or true.... who knows. I don't know if it matters.

What I found the most intriguing is that at least a few (several?) of his statements or observations - at least to some extent - rang true (to me anyway). Maybe I'll take the time later to quote the ones I'm talking about. :beerwink: (and remember - I'm a big fan of 70K & the whole "experience" if you will, so by saying that, I'm not putting anyone or anything down in particular in any way.)

The other thing that I had to chuckle about BIG TIME are the pictures he chose to accompany the article. :lol: Ok - the first one:
    Since he refers to some people wearing shirts with huge letters in the article.... this picture makes me laugh, especially after I realized the guy on the left is the author.

The second picture is of...none other than Alf Rocker from Norway!! :viking: (Would post the picture but having a hard time doing it for some reason). I met this guy just once - in a beer tent at Wacken in 2010, and we later became fb friends. We've not been on the same 70K since he started going after 2012 (my last). Anyway, what would have made this pic better is if Chain Mail Santa was also in it. In fact, I saw a great pic of the two of them on fb - lol. I think this pic goes along with the author's "people watching" comment. ;)

Another picture is a guy passed out in a chair.....
    Well, I guess if one is going to write about 70K, you gotta have at least one 70,000 Tons of Passed Out picture (what Dragonlord Jim calls his video photo montages of all the passed out pictures). It took me a second to realize this is a friend of mine who I know from 70K & Prog Nation at Sea. He actually wore corpse paint on PNAS which I thought was totally awesome & hilarious since it is so *not* prog. Anyway, wonderful guy who also happens to be "Death Speedo's" brother, another 70K mascot if you will. I wonder if the author saw the latter.... I'm sure he would have made a comment. Funny thing is, I've never met or seen Death Speedo in person, but feel like I have since I've seen so many pictures of him on 70K & MDF on fb.

And the last picture I'll comment on is the one with the Caddyshack reference...that part of the article was pretty rude & silly, but I found it humorous none-the-less. :lol: But wait, it gets better (for me anyway)! The guy on the right is Eric from Helsott (great band!) and his girlfriend (who according to the author alerted the RC staff about the "poop" - lol). I saw Helsott on one of those memorable Paganfest tours, and met him afterwards since he is good friends with another good friend - forum member Goddess of Metal. Just a few minor degrees of separation right there!

Gaaah, I drank way toooo much coffee today & can't sleep which is partly why I'm going on and on about this. In sum, the article made me laugh & I'm not offended by it. I think ya gotta admit, the whole 70K experience/reality provides a lot of humor material. And I don't think that is a bad thing - it speaks to how unique & often "outrageous" :beerbang: :whisky: :trashdrink: :bmhorns: :boobs: it is (at least to "outsiders"). And I'm convinced that's a large reason why many people love it so much! I know it is the only place *I* have been in my life where I felt like anyone (including myself - lol) could be all kinda crazy and no one bats an eyelash - it's like the "new normal." It's total opposite world to most peoples' real world - which is also largely why I think people have such a hard time leaving & begin the countdown to next year the moment they get off the boat. And then, there's the whole "post-cruise depression" that many people talk & write about. (Although I didn't experience that much myself)

Ramble, ramble, ramble......
    What say you?
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:27 am

I say, you're adorable Laura :)

And, CUT BACK ON THE CAFFEINE!!!! :bitch: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:27 am

Laura wrote:The other thing that I had to chuckle about BIG TIME are the pictures he chose to accompany the article. :lol: Ok - the first one:
    Since he refers to some people wearing shirts with huge letters in the article.... this picture makes me laugh, especially after I realized the guy on the left is the author.

We went through the customs line with the dude on the right. He and his buddy drove down from Ohio, and their car broke down somewhere in South Carolina (?). Rather than bail on the trip, they sold the busted car for $300, grabbed a rental from Enterprise, and drove the rest of the way down so they could still go on the cruise. They then took a 20-some-odd hour Greyhound ride to get back home. They were cool guys, and I certainly applaud their effort in getting to the ship. :3drunks:

As for Dead Cross...meh. They were obviously a bad fit for 70K, even with metal royalty as part of the band. That singer apparently needs to learn how to relax and just have a good time. We all could have nitpicked a million things about the trip, but...why?
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • mahc999
    Oiler

by mahc999 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:38 am

As an American I have always been glad that 70k made a conscious effort to avoid the "American" aspect of the global metal scene, which was always too punk for my blood. Here's a perfect example of why.
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:38 am

mahc999 wrote:As an American I have always been glad that 70k made a conscious effort to avoid the "American" aspect of the global metal scene, which was always too punk for my blood. Here's a perfect example of why.

Couldn't put it any better.
    When I read that gibberish about the missing evilness, blood and all that nonsense I felt really happy once more that 70k is exactly the way it is.

Also, I wore a GREEN Alestorm shirt on boarding day, take that punk :death:
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:17 am

Was this guy actually on the same boat as us? Pretty odd view of what "metal" is.

To each their own, I guess.
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
  • zboy
    Oiler

by zboy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:24 am

It's called escapism and a vacation, for a reason. Many of the people on the cruise are consummate professionals in the real world , and earn well over six figures and have postgraduate degrees. Meanwhile he takes solace in the fact that he understands what "true good music " is...well here's the truth, his music and band is a joke, it is a pimple on the ass of slayer's legacy. Best off going back to school, otherwise good luck working at the bowling alley, where you will
    likely end up in a couple years if you don't wise up. I laugh at you and your stupid little myopic world... End of rant against a smug d-bag
    capacitator51
    Oiler

by capacitator51 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:40 am

He said some pretty unnecessarily rude stuff, but there's some truth in there as well. It's interesting to get a perspective that goes against the popular opinion here, regardless of the fact that I personally disagree with most of it.

What's ironic to me is, several of the ship's crewmembers (who I think I can safely assume are not metalheads) seemed to be having a blast on the cruise. Multiple times I went to shows on the pool deck and saw RC folks standing on the track above the stage in their work attire, listening to the music and having a good time. The fact that even they were relaxed and enjoying themselves while this guy wasn't at all amazes me.
    -|-Barren Earth-Behemoth-Devin.Townsend-Dimmu.Borgir-Enslaved-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Inquisition-Insomnium-In Vain-Kvelertak-Leprous-NeO-Oak.Pantheon-Rotting Christ-Septicflesh-Soen-Swallow.the.Sun-|-
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:27 am

capacitator51 wrote:What's ironic to me is, several of the ship's crewmembers (who I think I can safely assume are not metalheads) seemed to be having a blast on the cruise. Multiple times I went to shows on the pool deck and saw RC folks standing on the track above the stage in their work attire, listening to the music and having a good time. The fact that even they were relaxed and enjoying themselves while this guy wasn't at all amazes me.

We talked with quite a few of the ship's crew, and every one of them said that they loved the 70K crowd. They didn't have to deal with old people or kids, everyone was very nice and laid back, the bartenders didn't have mix nearly as many drinks as usual (since everyone was drinking beer), and most of them said they liked the music (whether as a novelty or actual interest is up for debate).

I would venture a guess that this is one of the easier cruises they work, in terms of customer service problems or issues they have to deal with.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • shawneerotten
    Wiper

by shawneerotten » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:53 pm

Notice how he neglected to mention anything about THEIR set? They sucked. The lead singer became a pansy ass baby when someone called him old. He totally did a Bono and kept jumping onto the drumset to wiggle his nonexistent butt. Twenty-five minutes into their awful garage children music, lead singer proceeded to throw up all over the stage after turning over some amps. He then went next to the drummer, vomited again, then walked off never to be seen while the other three kept playing some nonsense to keep it going. It was pathetic and sad. If he was so punk he would have owned up to that puke and shared it with the audience.

I noticed them off stage because they had the biggest sour faces, nasty attitudes and were rude at the buffet in the AssJammer and elevators. Good riddance, don't come back. I had an amazing time while he can go back to the shitty boring life he came from.
    2016-3316
    2017-7521
    2018-MIA :cry:
    2019-3610
  • PatientJB
    Wiper

by PatientJB » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:32 pm

Small correction. This was the bass player for Dead Cross and not the singer.

As for the content of the article, he just sounds like a pretentious twat.

It's such a shame, because my girlfriend and I stood and watched from beside the stage at their Ice Rink show and actually enjoyed their "pissed off punk", as Lombardo discribed it. It was a nice bit of chaos! But the singer started to turn into a little baby and started to throw the monitors around. Which is alright if it's your headlining show and no one has to come in after you and have to play through the possibly broken monitors. We came to that show because we are fans of Lombardo and the couple videos we saw online made it seem like that band could be pretty fun. But, alas, I don't really want to support shitty people. Fuck labels and what people think is metal and what people think is punk. Just listen to music and enjoy what makes you happy :)
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:40 pm

A) Probably "Flame bait " article
    B) Half the Black Metal Bands from Norway would answer the same way if asked ,they wouldn't go out of their way to write it in a blog.
    C)The whole thing is funny because he refers to the other cruisers as "childish and not evil enough " then pulls the most childish stunt possible and complains about a $5.50 candy bar cost.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:17 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:A) Probably "Flame bait " article
    B) Half the Black Metal Bands from Norway would answer the same way if asked ,they wouldn't go out of their way to write it in a blog.
    C)The whole thing is funny because he refers to the other cruisers as "childish and not evil enough " then pulls the most childish stunt possible and complains about a $5.50 candy bar cost.

The Norway bands don't care for the cruise either?
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:38 pm

Downvod wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:A) Probably "Flame bait " article

The Norway bands don't care for the cruise either?

A lot of people in Black Metal Bands hate your average metal fan ,totally hate Death Metal Bands in training shoes from Flordia and hate just about everybody.Just because Dead Cross is a band few cared for doesn't mean that is the reason for this point of view.There a quite a few bands that might play festivals but are never gonna be on this boat for 5 days.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

Re: "Interesting" blog post from a member of Dead Cross

by Downvod » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:05 pm

This guy is the arch nemesis of fun. If you want evil, watch the fucking news. People pay good money to escape their daily lives, and have a great time with the global metal community. As a first timer, that is exactly what I saw. I am already counting the days until next year.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:23 pm

So Justin Pearson is just a professional dick http://lostfilmfest.radsummer.com/jerry ... nt-page-1/ he punked Jerry Springer and the whole purpose of the piece he wrote was to punk people.If he where a kvlt punk he smear himself with shit instead of making a fake one out of a candy bar lol.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:24 pm

Oh the turd joke!!! So funny!!

In High School

Never come back.
    Worst band ever in the history of the cruise.
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:30 am

Just wasted some time reading this.

We should just ignore it.
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:56 am

Looks like I'll unexpectedly see Dave play again with ST in two weeks: http://dyingscene.com/news/suicidal-tendencies-to-be-joined-by-dave-lombardo-on-megadeth-tour/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DyingScene+%28Dying+Scene%29
    Funny, I've been a fan of Slayer since 1983 and ST since 1989, but I don't see a connection.
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:22 pm

zboy wrote:It's called escapism and a vacation, for a reason. Many of the people on the cruise are consummate professionals in the real world , and earn well over six figures and have postgraduate degrees

I wish I made this much. I wear a suit (an ugly one at that) every day to pay for the cruise. While offended at the (somewhat true) comments and observations he had, I feel bad for him. Or them. As someone who enjoys metal how could he not get it? Was he simply not social enough to say "hey" to the Swedes or Norwegians to be included in a toast or the absolutely amazing and ridiculous dinner procession? Who knows? If he decides to give us another chance, I'm in to buy him a drink. Andy, book Cattle Decap! This guy thinks they're the best band ever (or the only trve band our feeble minds could handle, plus they'd play just about all their songs in two 45 minute sets) :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
Post Reply 24 posts Page 1 of 1