Post Reply 267 posts
70k 2017 Lineup Predictions/Rumours
    cowboy71
    Commander

70k 2017 Lineup Predictions/Rumours

by cowboy71 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:12 pm

Carried over some of the rumours from 2016 :)

PREDICTIONS
    Amaranthe - said "maybe next year" when asked about 2014. Were almost on in 2015 but negotiations fell through.
    Amberian Dawn - starting a tour with Diabulus in Musica just after the cruise
    Amon Amarth - were meant to be on 2016 but it fell through. In talks for 2017. Hot tip is they will be last announced.
    Anneke Van Giersbergen/The Sirens - told a cruiser she wants on
    Ashes Of Ares - new album coming, said they didn't play previously because they didn't have enough material for 2 sets
    Blackguard - were negotiating to be on 2014.
    Borknagar - touring American in 2017.
    Candlemass - 'outed' in a 70k advert in Metal Hammer
    Circle II Circle - offer to play every year.
    Crimson Shadows - were negotiating to be on 2014
    Crimson Sun - touring with diabulus and Amberian Dawn immediately after cruise
    Crystal Eyes - Contacted UMC for the 2015 cruise.
    Diabulus in Musica - want to be on broad, and starting a tour just after the cruise
    Doro - loves cruises!
    Ensiferum - to be the first band to do 70k four times.
    Equilibrium - drummer said 'c u there!' to Linnea of Therion when she announced they were on.
    Exmortus - tour with havok starting immediately after cruise
    Exodus - love the cruise
    Extinction AD - tour with havok starting immediately after cruise
    Grand Magus - told a cruiser they were booked.
    Gravedigger. Tourdates announced with a 70K-sized hole in them.
    Havok - Contacted by UMC for 2016, starting tour just after cruise
    Heaven Shall Burn - keen to do the cruise
    Jaded Star - stated in an interview that they want to be on broad
    Kampfar - cruiser heard at Summer Breeze they were booked for 2015
    Leaves Eyes - seen with Andy at the Metal Hammer awards 2015
    Manowar - fairwell world tour. 70K?
    Megora - band member is founder of UMC
    Memoriam - festival announcement around the corner. Hoping for 70k.
    Metal Church - leaked the news that they were on broad last year.
    Moonsorrow - told a cruiser they would be on broad for 2016
    Morgoth - told a cruiser they would be on broad for 2016
    Primordial - told a cruiser they would be on broad for 2016
    Psycroptic - 'outed' in a 70k advert in Metal Hammer
    Scar Symetry - wanted to be on previously but could not due to impending birth in a band members' family.
    Secret Rule - trying to get on broad.
    Septicflesh - Itching to return
    Serenity - cruiser spoke to them pre-2015. They said they hope to be on broad
    Skeletonwitch - believed to be in negotiations with UMC for 2015
    Solstice wants to get on broad
    Striker - conspicuous gap in their tour dates and they are playing Florida in Feb
    Swallow The Sun - they wanted on in 2016
    Symphony X - cruisers spoke to Russell Allen.He loved the cruise and wants to do it again.
    Thrash or Die begging to come
    Tristania - would love to do the cruise again.
    Unleashed - very evasive when asked about the cruise.
    Van Canto - Asked to do 2016 but couldn't do it due to work commitments.
    Victorius - 70k-sized hole in their tour dates for 2017
    Venom - performed at Heavy MTL 2015
    Wintersun - told a cruiser they want to return
    Within Temptation - performed at Heavy MTL 2015

RULED OUT ALREADY AS TOURING:
    Aborted - were asked twice (Barge & 2014) but could not make it before. They keep Jan-Feb free to be able to do it.
    Accept - one member was on other than the Victory guys to check out the boat previously and see if they wanna do it
    Gloryhammer. Ben Turk and Paul Templing of Gloryhammer were gutted they couldn't be there 2015.
    Leprous - keen to do the cruise
    Sabaton - love the cruise.
    Sonata Arctica - wanted to be on 2014 but "the promoter went missing"
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 20 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 70k 2017 Lineup Predictions/Rumours

by Azazel101 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:20 pm

I thought somebody posted that Amorphis wanted to return for 2016 so I hope they will be considered for 2017
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:55 am

Azazel101 wrote:I thought somebody posted that Amorphis wanted to return for 2016 so I hope they will be considered for 2017

I think I read the same interview, or at least one that said they loved the cruise and would like to do it again. I think I would pretty much pass out with joy if they were on 2017.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:05 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:I thought somebody posted that Amorphis wanted to return for 2016 so I hope they will be considered for 2017

I think I read the same interview, or at least one that said they loved the cruise and would like to do it again. I think I would pretty much pass out with joy if they were on 2017.

Yeah I haven't seen any songs from the newest album live yet, really hope they get on.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:01 pm

gonna be interesting to say the least. Monsters of Rock just announced next years cruise, they added a day, so its 5 full days now, 2 ports, Costa Maya and Grand Caymans, departs Tampa on the Brilliance of the Seas (Royal C.) and leaves Feb 2-7th LOL I am going on 70K this next time though
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:35 pm

Yes, the timing of Monsters of Rock is hardly coincidental I'm sure!

Every band announced for that will be going straight onto the 'What bands can be ruled out for 70K 2017?' list :P :roll:

EDIT: AND its on a Royal Carribean cruiseship.

AND they are having a "Huge Super Bowl party planned onboard!"

Wow.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:59 am

cowboy71 wrote:Yes, the timing of Monsters of Rock is hardly coincidental I'm sure!

Every band announced for that will be going straight onto the 'What bands can be ruled out for 70K 2017?' list :P :roll:

EDIT: AND its on a Royal Carribean cruiseship.

AND they are having a "Huge Super Bowl party planned onboard!"

Wow.

This is going to be an interesting battle between cruise festivals.
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:33 pm

Cool, glad I don't give a shit about any band that would play Monsters Of Rock.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:05 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Cool, glad I don't give a shit about any band that would play Monsters Of Rock.

My thoughts exactly. Seems to me like both cruises cater to totally different tastes in music. Unless Andy was planning on booking a bunch of washed up glam metal bands this year then I don't think there are going to be any issues with both cruises happening the same week.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:48 pm

7 bands off this years lineup have done 70k previously - Doro, Helloween, Metal Church, Gotthard, DAD, Anvil and Uli Jon Roth.

Add to that another couple that haven't done 70k but rank very highly on wishlists - Armored Saint and Queensryche.

So to say they cater to totally different crowds I think is selling MoR short - AND I think they are deliberately getting heavier because of the existence of 70K.

Anyway - they will be announcing their initial lineup this weekend so all (well, more) will be revealed then. And I won't be the least bit surprised if a few bands that have done 70K previously are on the lineup.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:57 pm

Well a little competition to UMC could play in our favor, people might decide towards a cruise with more of the lineup revealed so it might mean more interest in anouncing bands sooner and overall better comunication with us....
    Let me dream hahaha
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:44 pm

I guess I should have looked at this thread earlier,but the big thing about MORC overlapping is the fact older people have more money.If an older metal fan chooses MORC ,that is a big dollar loss and higher end cabin is not filled.The revenue per fan is higher the older a fan,MORC taken out a couple of hundred of fans is a big deal.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:03 am

Sidvarg wrote:Well a little competition to UMC could play in our favor, people might decide towards a cruise with more of the lineup revealed so it might mean more interest in anouncing bands sooner and overall better comunication with us....
    Let me dream hahaha

I'd say there's a good chance we could get some more polarising differences between the two cruises this coming year. I'd say this only increases the odds of getting Amon Amarth. Which would be SWEET to see on the cruise

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    UltimoAviso
    Petty Officer

by UltimoAviso » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:41 pm

I dont foresee crimson shadows and blackguard both as they have the same singer now, he was actually one of the crew building the stages this year. Met him at 5 am at the bar

Swallow the sun is on tour with Dark Tranquility and starkill in late November of 2015, so we'll see about that
    http://www.helionprimemetal.com/ <-My Band

70K:
    2016-7211
    2017-9230
    2018-1690
    2019-7648
    Wacken:
    Progpower:

Wish:Skull Fist-Striker-*Grim Reaper*-Manowar-Running Wild(and i book immediately)
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:16 pm

cowboy71 wrote:7 bands off this years lineup have done 70k previously - Doro, Helloween, Metal Church, Gotthard, DAD, Anvil and Uli Jon Roth.
    Add to that another couple that haven't done 70k but rank very highly on wishlists - Armored Saint and Queensryche.
    So to say they cater to totally different crowds I think is selling MoR short - AND I think they are deliberately getting heavier because of the existence of 70K.

Agreed on both counts. The increased heaviness in their lineup is definitely there. They're not likely to book, say, Amon Amarth or Dying Fetus or 1349, but I think they're "chipping at the corners" for 70K-type bands.

If MORC causes Andy to step up his announcement game a bit for 2017, then it's definitely a win for us....and we've already seen how a competing festival can cause him to adjust his announcement schedule, sooo.......
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:49 am

Pellaz wrote:They're not likely to book, say, Amon Amarth or Dying Fetus or 1349, but I think they're "chipping at the corners" for 70K-type bands.

I agree on Dying Fetus, but booking Amon Amarth would make perfect sense for MORC, if they want to "steal" customers from UMC. They're a popular heavier band that would sell tickets, yet not quite the extreme side of metal that would scare off the rock fans. If I were to book bands for a competing cruise, I'd try and get Amon Amarth and Sabaton (and then go on 70k myself :lol: ). But I don't really think they're deliberately trying to compete with 70k seeing how they're doing quite well with their lighter lineups. Sure, there's a chance lots of the lighter bands that have played or could have played 70k will be on MORC. IMO 70k could sway a bit towards the Barge lineups and establish itself as the heaviest cruise in the world.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 am

Memnoch wrote: IMO 70k could sway a bit towards the Barge lineups and establish itself as the heaviest cruise in the world.

I'd be okay with that - would save me a shitload of money because I wouldn't be interested! :P :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:34 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Memnoch wrote: IMO 70k could sway a bit towards the Barge lineups and establish itself as the heaviest cruise in the world.

I'd be okay with that - would save me a shitload of money because I wouldn't be interested! :P :lol:

The undeniable success of Barge is a testimony of how this would be a great business idea...
    Count me out if that's the case haha
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:02 am

Sidvarg wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

I think the success of 70K in somewhat linked to the variety. You have the lighter Power Metal bands along with a lot of mid range bands and then you get some extreme stuff. Since it's almost impossible to see all the shows anyway, this fills the boat and gives people a lot to chose from. I would never go on MOR because I favor the heavier stuff anyway, but I understand where others might. Motor Boat was interesting to, but seemed rather small in scope compared to 70K and too much like Ozzfest at sea, though I never went. Would be interested to hear a comparison by someone who went to both.

Between things like MOR, Motor Boat (assuming it happens again, maybe under a different name), and 70K I worry about saturation. An underground hit that is successful and starts to go mainstream, competition moves in to take advantage of the popularity, the market get saturated, everybody starts loses money including the people who started it and everyone leaves after the money dries up, the scene dies. Hopefully my dire predictions are a bunch of bull, because I would not want to see that happen.
    Last edited by slayergeek on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:09 am

Sidvarg wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

The undeniable success of Barge is a testimony of how this would be a great business idea...
    Count me out if that's the case haha

I'm in the same boat. If 70K got really heavy I'd reconsider going as often as I do.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:19 am

slayergeek wrote:I think the success of 70K in somewhat linked to the variety. You have the lighter Power Metal bands along with a lot of mid range bands and then you get some extreme stuff.

THAT'S what makes me want to go to 70k :headbanger: and thats why i would not go to barge.

I like bands from every metal subgenre, and variety is what keeps me from get bored watching similar bands over and over in 5 days.
    In 70k i can watch destruction, go to alestorm, grab something to eat and enjoy primal fear and 1349 before going to bed.

Also, you can't see all of the bands, so variety is good even if you don't like many different bands, because you can eat and take a dump if bands you dont like are playing...

70K needs exclusive shows. Like more reunion concerts, more bands playing classic CDs in its entirety or playing yet to be released albuns, the jam with jeff waters...
    and they need t more exclusive features to make this boat even more legendary!!
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:52 am

In one aspect there is now less competition (MORC and 70k are now both on Royal Carribean ) but another fact is time doesn't stand still.MORC would become stale if it mainly stayed in the MTV Headbangers Ball period and a lot of these bands (mainly United States ) didn't age well.Those bands lost too many members and stoped with original material .That is "state fair " shit not cruise level material .Now the rest of the World carried Metal banner from 1990 and beyond (while United States Record companies pumped out utter shit rap and boy bands) so MORC has to start booking these bands.While 70k will need to be more geared to heavier and younger bands.I just think at 3,000 people the boat is a little too big for 70k.2,500 and 50 bands would be perfect ,but 70k wants to stay near Miami and has to take big ship.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:32 pm

Wouldn't it be to MORC's benefit to have their cruise at a different time? Those who would actually go on both may now have to choose only 70 k this time, and vice versa. How many people do we think actually do go on both, given the opportunity?
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:12 pm

I'm on the opposite side of the opinions expressed above: I don't like power metal, melodic death metal nor folk metal (with a few exceptions, of course). But I like everything else, so I agree that the 70K balance is perfect as it is, since I already have trouble finding enough time off during the cruise.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:45 pm

Damn, there's no middle ground with you guys, is there? It's either full on weenie cruise or Barge, nothing in between? When I say "sway a bit towards Barge" it means that 70k should, in my opinion, sway a bit towards Barge (which, in case you didn't know, was by no means an "extreme" metal cruise) if/when MORC starts competing with it. What I mean is 70k should, again, in my opinion, if they faced competition from MORC, let MORC have the classic rock bands and focus on metal. That, sadly, includes all the horrible power and folk metal bands as well (could be debated, but let us go with the common definition of metal).

And just for the record, the Barge lineup was quite bad. Too much weenie stuff.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:37 am

5 Bands MORC would book to hurt 70k
    Stratovarius
    Nightwish
    Amon Amarth
    Primal Fear
    Slayer
    Not saying all 5 but 3 or more would be a sign MORC is trying to take away cruisers.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:59 am

I think maybe we could make a threat to discuss it MORC x 70k this is taking over here :lol:

Back to the prediction/rumours topics, Warrel Dane said would love to do the cruise with his solo band if asked to. Would be nice to see them playing Dead Heart In a Dead World...

And Andy could book also Arch Enemy because Jeff Loomis and maybe we could have a small surprise there? :D :headbanger:
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:32 am

Mr.Kito wrote:I think maybe we could make a threat to discuss it MORC x 70k this is taking over here :lol:

There is already a thread in the Engine Room - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4974

Mr.Kito wrote:Back to the prediction/rumours topics, Warrel Dane said would love to do the cruise with his solo band if asked to. Would be nice to see them playing Dead Heart In a Dead World...

And Andy could book also Arch Enemy because Jeff Loomis and maybe we could have a small surprise there? :D :headbanger:

I'll take Warrel Dane solo, Sanctuary or Jeff Loomis solo. Don't want anything to do with Arch Enemy as long as they have Alissa as frontwoman. I've never liked her vocals. I've tried listening to her, but it just doesn't work for me.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:07 am

MORC is the most relevant thing to discuss being that in a few hours they start announcing bands.It totally effects predictions here ,every band playing MORC can't play 70k.Every cruiser who would like to go on both can't .That breaks up cabins also ,if MORC drops some heavier bands ,it will be important ,if not it isn't even worth a thread anywhere.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:55 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    Mr.Kito wrote:I think maybe we could make a threat to discuss it MORC x 70k this is taking over here :lol:

There is already a thread in the Engine Room - http://www.70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4974

Mr.Kito wrote:Back to the prediction/rumours topics, Warrel Dane said would love to do the cruise with his solo band if asked to. Would be nice to see them playing Dead Heart In a Dead World...

I'll take Warrel Dane solo, Sanctuary or Jeff Loomis solo. Don't want anything to do with Arch Enemy as long as they have Alissa as frontwoman. I've never liked her vocals. I've tried listening to her, but it just doesn't work for me.

I'd take Black Earth (original (only good) lineup of Arch Enemy)
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:43 pm

Yeah I'd love to see Black Earth too!!

Although I don't mind the current Arch Enemy, I've seen them a bunch of time with Angela and now with Alyssa. Would love to see the "classic" Arch Enemy lineup.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Demolition Hammer has just announced that they are reuniting!!! :shred:

Fingers crossed for a 2017 70K gig!!!!
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:35 am

Hoppy McGee wrote:Demolition Hammer has just announced that they are reuniting!!! :shred:

Fingers crossed for a 2017 70K gig!!!!

yeah, that'd be pretty sweet \m/ :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:07 am

on April 15 Green Carnation are making a very special announcement about their final "Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness" event... maybe?

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:06 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:on April 15 Green Carnation are making a very special announcement about their final "Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness" event... maybe?

Oh, my. I might get to see that magnum opus performed twice in one year...and sponsor one of those shows. :headbanger: :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:46 pm

Borknagar is doing a Latin American tour next year. No dates yet, but could easily be combined with 70k.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:36 pm

Speedy wrote:Borknagar is doing a Latin American tour next year. No dates yet, but could easily be combined with 70k.

They have also just announced their world tour has been extended to include a 2017 North American tour!! Also no dates yet but my fingers are crossed that it is going to kick off with an appearance on 70000 Tons!
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:40 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:
    Speedy wrote:Borknagar is doing a Latin American tour next year. No dates yet, but could easily be combined with 70k.

They have also just announced their world tour has been extended to include a 2017 North American tour!! Also no dates yet but my fingers are crossed that it is going to kick off with an appearance on 70000 Tons!

If the rumors I heard for this tour lineup are true, then it would be at least one more highly requested band also on it. Not sure how reliable the source is though. I hope Infinity Concerts books a real tour. They normally go about 8 days in the Northeast & no farther west than Chicago.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:27 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    Hoppy McGee wrote:

If the rumors I heard for this tour lineup are true, then it would be at least one more highly requested band also on it. Not sure how reliable the source is though. I hope Infinity Concerts books a real tour. They normally go about 8 days in the Northeast & no farther west than Chicago.

this would be great as a new band to the cruise and a much requested band threw the years
    I would do my best to catch a set
    :heavydrink:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed May 25, 2016 6:23 pm

Memoriam (Death metal supergroup made up of Bolt Thrower and Benediction members) has hinted on their Facebook that another festival gig will be announced next week. With 70K band announcements hopefully just around the corner I am really really hoping that they will be one of the first ten announcements.

Apparently their live gigs are going to be comprised of new material from their soon to be released demo album, alongside classic Bolt Thrower and Benediction tunes. We may never see Bolt Thrower on broad 70K, so this may be the closest thing we can get. The snippets they've released of their new material sounds pretty damned good too! :D

:deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
Post Reply 267 posts