Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    Warphine
    Ensign

Re: On The Way To Our Caribbean Dream Destination

by Warphine » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:47 pm

Now that we have Scar Symmetry (!!!)... I wonder if we'll get Facebreaker?
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:21 pm

mbob wrote:Poison!

P.O.D.?

HAHAHA
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:23 pm

P-Inquisition,featuring special guest Doug Bradley from Hellrasier on vocals.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:50 pm

Phoenix wrote:I imagine we won't be seeing any announcements for a while since Andy will be busy with bookings. So how about some STATS!

I was curious about something so I thought I'd look into how many current bands would be Cripper contenders. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those were bands with less than 100k last.fm listeners? So here's what I got:

Cruachan, Demolition Hammer (somehow?), Omnium Gatherum, Orden Ogan, Powerglove, Revocation, Serenity, Stam1na, Stuck Mojo, technically Uli Jon Roth (though the Scorpions had over 1mil), Unleashed, Vreid

Interesting spread. Some of these were close with 90,000+ listeners (OG, Serenity, Cruachan). Demolition Hammer only has 30,166 listeners, which surprised me.

Its a judgement call each year - I believe the cut-off for this year was actually 10,000 not 100,000.

But that was because there were 11 bands that matched that criteria. If we get zero bands with under 10,000 then we will obviously change the criteria slightly for 2017.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:34 pm

... let it be Primordial.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:28 pm

SCAR SYMMETRY

Meh, haven't cared since Christian left. I'll see them in a few weeks at ProgPower, maybe they will change my mind..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:57 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:SCAR SYMMETRY

Meh, haven't cared since Christian left. I'll see them in a few weeks at ProgPower, maybe they will change my mind..

They have never done any thing for me but I have never really gave them a chance
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:11 pm

Christian definitely elevated the band, but he was such a perfectionist he disliked touring so seeing them live with him was a pipe dream anyway. I'm just a big fan of their sound, their lyrical themes. Per knows his stuff.

Will probably never change the fact that Holographic Universe was their strongest material.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:34 am

A band could have 14 millions followers, and still be a cripper award if it's only known in China or India.
    For The Horde!
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:02 am

will be Pretty Maids....

yeah :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:02 am

Madkill wrote:... let it be Primordial.

This. Please this.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:41 am

ANTIKRISS wrote:A band could have 14 millions followers, and still be a cripper award if it's only known in China or India.

Yeah, the criteria isn't perfect. That's why I was curious. I wasn't paying much attention to Cripper 2016, didn't know there were so many bands less than 10,000 listeners on the lineup. So far, the lowest amount of listeners was Uli Jon Roth, with only about 12,000.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Very cool to see Scar Symmetry and Marduk added. :headbanger: :bmhorns:

I'd love to see Primordial onbroad, but the clue points elsewhere.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:27 pm

My guess for the clue and the way things have been booked this year is Pro-Pain ,not Pain.It would be another USA Band from the New York area.Not really a band I care for that much either.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:01 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:My guess for the clue and the way things have been booked this year is Pro-Pain ,not Pain.It would be another USA Band from the New York area.Not really a band I care for that much either.

Pro-Pain has been around for a long time and rarely play the States so that would make sense. I just saw them live for the first time about two months ago and they were super tight. I've been a fan for over a decade and that was my first shot at seeing them. I would love to have more shots on the boat.

:shots:

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:17 pm

Pallbearer would kinda fit the clue. And they're absolutely brilliant live.
    Survivor 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Yippee38
    Crewman

by Yippee38 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:42 pm

I'd love it to be Primordial. They're great live and Alan is fun to talk to after few whiskeys.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:21 pm

I'll take Primordial for that P spot. Seems everyone thinks it's Pain, I'll have to give that one a thumbs down, would be nice if it meant Hypocrisy was coming too though..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:05 pm

Lots of people are talking about Primordial. I hope that will be the case. Those boys rule. To the nameless dead was a great album.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:40 am

As Primordial seems to be the popular choice, and I am not familiar with their overtures
    - I shall make it my mission to check them out today.

Man, I love discovering new music ..

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:52 am

The new album is Primordial's worst (still better than most bands), so I'd suggest starting with the amazing Redemption at the Puritan's Hand, and make your way to the older albums. Storm before Calm is probably my favourite album from them even if The Gathering Wilderness has the best song, by any band, ever: The Coffin Ships.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:46 am

Memnoch wrote:...even if The Gathering Wilderness has the best song, by any band, ever: The Coffin Ships.

This.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:20 am

Warphine wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:My guess for the clue and the way things have been booked this year is Pro-Pain ,not Pain.It would be another USA Band from the New York area.Not really a band I care for that much either.

Pro-Pain has been around for a long time and rarely play the States so that would make sense. I just saw them live for the first time about two months ago and they were super tight. I've been a fan for over a decade and that was my first shot at seeing them. I would love to have more shots on the boat.

:shots:

I have went to several of their shows and only once did they end up playing and I thought they were great live and that was the 99 Act Of God tour. I would love to see them again
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:42 am

Memnoch wrote:The new album is Primordial's worst (still better than most bands), so I'd suggest starting with the amazing Redemption at the Puritan's Hand, and make your way to the older albums. Storm before Calm is probably my favourite album from them even if The Gathering Wilderness has the best song, by any band, ever: The Coffin Ships.

Well since people seem to agree with you I gave The Coffin Ships a listen. Yeah, that's some good shit.

metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:37 am

Memnoch wrote:The new album is Primordial's worst (still better than most bands), so I'd suggest starting with the amazing Redemption at the Puritan's Hand, and make your way to the older albums. Storm before Calm is probably my favourite album from them even if The Gathering Wilderness has the best song, by any band, ever: The Coffin Ships.

I tend to agree. Where Greater Men Have Fallen has much to be desired compared to other albums from Primordial. I had trouble getting into it. I still dig it though
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:33 am

Phoenix wrote:Well since people seem to agree with you I gave The Coffin Ships a listen. Yeah, that's some good shit.

And if you didn't do so, read the lyrics. Brilliant.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:03 am

I would love a new announcement today. Mainly because I could use another major work distraction, lol.

AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:32 pm

General Zod wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Well since people seem to agree with you I gave The Coffin Ships a listen. Yeah, that's some good shit.

I like. I'd definitely check 'em out if the opportunity arose
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:55 pm

Wishful thinking but the P band needs to be

Pentagram

I would be so stoked. There last album was really sweet
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    ewest305
    Oiler

by ewest305 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:01 pm

Definitely PAIN because of the clue that it's only gonna get worse :death:
    2017: Cabin #8660
    2015: Cabin #6314
    2014: Cabin #2534
  • Thrashmania
    Crewman

by Thrashmania » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:42 am

ewest305 wrote:Definitely PAIN because of the clue that it's only gonna get worse :death:

As in the bands announced are getting worse. :chug:
    70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:54 am

It's getting worse because it appears we have finally reached the announcement drought!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Very unlikely...dates suck and tired of waiting!

Please...AEther.Realm-|-Alestorm-|-Amaranthe-|-Amon.Amarth-|-Ancient.Bards-|-Anthrax-|-Apocalyptica-|-Astral.Doors-|-Atlas.Pain-|-Avantasia-|-Battle.Beast-|-Beast.in.Black-|-Behemoth-|-Belzebubs-|-Blind.Guardian-|-Borknagar-|-Brymir-|-Cain's.Offering-|-Chthonic-|-Civil.War-|-Dark.Moor-|-Dark.Tranquility-|-Death.Angel-|-Demons.and.Wizards-|-Dimmu.Borgir-|-Doro-|-DragonForce-|-Dragonland-|-Edguy-|-Epica-|-Equilibrium-|-Ex.Deo-|-Exodus-|-Firewind-|-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-|-Gamma.Ray-|-Grailknights-|-Grave.Digger-|-Gyze-|-Haggard-|-Hammerfall-|-Heathen.Foray-|-Helloween-|-Helstar-|-Holy.Grail-|-Hypocrisy-|-Iced.Earth-|-In.Extremo-|-Insomnium-|-Korpiklaani-|-Kreator-|-Lacuna.Coil-|-Lizzy.Borden-|-Moonspell-|-Myrkur-|-Nightwish-|-Nothgard-|-Oceans.of.Slumber-|-Omnium.Gatherum-|-Orden.Ogan-|-Powerwolf-|-Primordial-|-Psychostick-|-Refuge-|-Running.Wild-|-Sabaton-|-Saltatio.Mortis-|-Savatage-|-Saxon-|-Serious.Black-|-Shylmagoghnar-|-Skiltron-|-Stratovarius-|-Testament-|-Therion-|-Turisas-|-U.D.O.-|-Uli.Jon.Roth-|-Unisonic-|-Venom-|-Visigoth-|-Wintersun-|-Wolfheart-|-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Do You Already Feel The PAIN?

by Andy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:29 am

Do you feel that? The PAIN of not already being onbroad The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise?

Hang in there sailors... only 167 more days until you embark on the grand adventure that is called: 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Missing the boat? That may be as painful as digging your own "G".

metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Do You Already Feel The PAIN?

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:34 am

Digging your own Grave! No too easy....

Digging your own GWAR
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:35 am

... I thought we already had Grave Digger?

metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:44 am

Grave the death metal band from Sweden.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:50 am

Graves at Sea? Not really the right type of music but fits the clue.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:55 am

metalmaciejmetal wrote:Grave the death metal band from Sweden.

Huh. Is it me or have we had more old school bands than normal? Feel free to correct me, I just keep noticing all these bands that have been active since the 80s or early 90s on the roster.

• macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:58 am

Phoenix wrote:
    metalmaciejmetal wrote:Grave the death metal band from Sweden.

Huh. Is it me or have we had more old school bands than normal? Feel free to correct me, I just keep noticing all these bands that have been active since the 80s or early 90s on the roster.

According to some, we have zero old school death metal bands. I have no idea about Grave.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:02 am

macamatic wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:According to some, we have zero old school death metal bands. I have no idea about Grave.

I didn't mean specifically death. I just meant, bands that have been around for a very long time. Anthrax, Testament, Grave Digger, Demolition Hammer, Uli, and now possibly Grave? I might just be noticing it now because I'm paying attention though.

Post Reply 3266 posts