Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

Re: A Burial At Sea

by macamatic » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:38 pm

Periphery would fit with "around" as well. I seriously doubt it's them though, much as I'd like it to be. Not really their scene.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:12 pm

How about Powermad. That'd be cool.
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:48 am

macamatic wrote:Periphery would fit with "around" as well. I seriously doubt it's them though, much as I'd like it to be. Not really their scene.

It's not really Stuck Mojo's, either. :shock:

Periphery and "sailing around" would be a devilishly obtuse clue. Or "clew," since we're talking about sailing a ship, here. :beerwink:

("Sailing" --> Coffin Ships --> Primordial would be reallly awesome, but alas and damnit, doesn't fit the clue.)
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:38 am

Let's admit it, Andy has us stumped here once again.
    Even the left field guess, Parkway Drive from Australia, is touring the US in October, so unlikely to come back in February.
    I'm guessing it will be one of the wish list bands, so either Primordial or Pagan's Mind, for reasons forever unknown :-)
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:22 am

Warphine wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I'm guessing yet another band from the US. Persefone?

Persefone is from Andorra which is between Spain and France. I would love for them to be the next clue.

According to what I've heard, I would be very surprised if Persefone are NOT onbroad next year. That's all I can say.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:40 am

Pellaz wrote:
    macamatic wrote:Periphery would fit with "around" as well. I seriously doubt it's them though, much as I'd like it to be. Not really their scene.

It's not really Stuck Mojo's, either. :shock:

Periphery and "sailing around" would be a devilishly obtuse clue. Or "clew," since we're talking about sailing a ship, here. :beerwink:

("Sailing" --> Coffin Ships --> Primordial would be reallly awesome, but alas and damnit, doesn't fit the clue.)

True, and Stuck Mojo is one of the reasons I'm not ruling them out entirely. But we have DevilDriver as well - is Andy going to bring on a Sumerian band on top of those?

My guess is Possessed. At least that should satisfy the "old school death metal" people.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:22 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Warphine wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I'm guessing yet another band from the US. Persefone?

Persefone is from Andorra which is between Spain and France. I would love for them to be the next clue.

According to what I've heard, I would be very surprised if Persefone are NOT onbroad next year. That's all I can say.

Oh really?! :shock: :cool:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:06 am

According to antipodr the polar opposite point from Sweden is somewhere in the southern ocean.

Just saying.

I might be getting a bit too literal here but I thought I'd share the info anyway.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:48 am

Grave is a solid add! If the next one is Pig Destroyer I'll start to feel a bit bad for fans of the lighter stuff. That being said I think it's highly unlikely to be Pig Destroyer. If it is then maybe we also get Agoraphobic Nosebleed? :shred:
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
  • Soundchaser
    Petty Officer

by Soundchaser » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:00 pm

would Pegazus from down-under be enough "around the world"?
    70kt Survivor: 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:49 pm

Panzer from Brazil would be some travel
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:03 pm

I'm hoping they pick up Power Quest from the UK.

Really liking their new song!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:54 pm

Pain? I guess I'll go see a song or two.
    Grave? Ok, finally an old school death metal band. They are a bit of a hit or miss live though. But I guess I have to mark them down as a two-setter.

Wouldn't sailing around the world take us back to Sweden? :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:38 am

Memnoch wrote:Grave? Ok, finally an old school death metal band

Praise Satan, Memnoch is almost, kind of, somewhat half happy. Tears in my eyes! :cry: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:40 am

I'm still on a high after seeing Silentium, Delain and Nightwish on Saturday. :lol:
    Wishlist:
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:05 am

bodomdragon wrote:According to what I've heard, I would be very surprised if Persefone are NOT onbroad next year. That's all I can say.

That would make Stained Class, and by extension myself, very very happy.

Moar melodeath = moar better! :shred:

Periphery would be pretty rad as well. This of course means it can't be either of these bands, because that would bring me joy.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:48 am

Periphery might be cool if they didn't have such crappy vocals. At least if they get announced I won't be forced to sit through their set this time in order to catch other better bands like at Summer Slaughter.

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:56 am

Memnoch wrote:Pain? I guess I'll go see a song or two.
    Grave? Ok, finally an old school death metal band. They are a bit of a hit or miss live though. But I guess I have to mark them down as a two-setter.

Wouldn't sailing around the world take us back to Sweden? :lol:

Or near there, like maybe to Ireland for Primordial.... :twisted:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2019: Booked!
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:13 pm

Pellaz wrote:Or near there, like maybe to Ireland for Primordial.... :twisted:

This.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:37 pm

It is about time for Primordial to be on. Twilight of the Gods has been on 70K twice. The main bands of the other TotG members have all been on (Einherjer, Thyrfing, Aura Noir, what ever band Nick Barker is in at the moment).
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:33 pm

I am really not a fan of Primordial but I would like too see the abroad
    then A.A. Nemtheanga (Alan Averill) can do Shadows In The Deep again with Unleashed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SLrb0URYKM
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:20 pm

All the bands starting with P that I collated from wishlists - removing those already on the lineup or those like Powerwolf who are already ruled out:

Pagan's Mind
    Pain of salvation
    Panopticon
    Pantheist
    Pathfinder
    Pathology
    Pelican
    Penumbra
    Periphery
    Persefone
    Persuader
    Perzonal War
    phantasma
    Phobocosm 
    Pig destroyer
    Piledriver
    Pitch Shifter
    Poisonblack
    Porcupine Tree
    Portal
    Possessed 
    Power Quest
    Powermad
    Pretty Maids
    Primal Fear
    Primordial
    Profetus
    Prong
    Pro-Pain
    Protector
    Protest The Hero
    Psychostick
    Purtenance
    Pyramaze
    Pythia

Plenty of good things there - I would die if Pathfinder, Phantasma, Poisonblack, Power Quest or Pythia were the band in question :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:31 pm

Pan.Thy.Monium
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:12 pm

Penumbra, Phantasma, Pig Destroyer, Primordial and Purtenance from the wishlist would make me happy.
    Wishlist:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:30 am

70K needs Pig Destroyer
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:49 am

Azazel101 wrote:70K needs Pig Destroyer

We already have Dying Fetus. Isn't one grindcore band sufficient? :lol:
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:50 am

bodomdragon wrote:According to what I've heard, I would be very surprised if Persefone are NOT onbroad next year. That's all I can say.

I wonder if them losing their founding guitarist (he quit) is going to affect their touring plans and potential announcement on the cruise. :cry:

• Thrashmania
    Crewman

by Thrashmania » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:05 pm

I'd be cool with Psycroptic. Not my favorite band, but a band I haven't seen and would like to. Possessed would be good too.

Edit: Or Phobocosm!
    70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:55 am

A clue no one is quite sure about, back to daily social media posts that aren't announcements... I think the silence may finally be upon us. And I am 100% ok with it. We have nearly 2/3 of the lineup, and I have 5 bands off my wishlist. All I really need is one more folk band (party or otherwise) and this lineup could only be improved by one band. :shots:
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Yippee38
    Crewman

by Yippee38 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:43 am

I think the "P" stands for "Piss off. I'm not making any more announcements for a while."

;)
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:01 am

Phoenix wrote:I think the silence may finally be upon us. And I am 100% ok with it.

Just go ahead and announce Primordial and then take the rest of the summer off.

Yippee38 wrote:I think the "P" stands for "Piss off. I'm not making any more announcements for a while."

:lol:
  • orgy
    Wiper

by orgy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:11 am

I'd be ok with Primordial, only know the coffin ships but seeing that would make it worth while. :death:
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:13 am

POLTERGEIST ... maybe. :chug:
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:38 pm

The last time someone said that the silence was upon us, we got an announcement the next day. So keep it up!

Master Killer
    Crewman

by Master Killer » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:05 pm

Yippee38 wrote:I think the "P" stands for "Piss off. I'm not making any more announcements for a while."

;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Very well possible!

:heavydrink: :3drunks: :cheers: :pound: :stagger: :gulp: :heavydrink:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:20 pm

We have 39 bands, it would make sense to pause at 40.
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:30 pm

Godflesh wrote:We have 39 bands, it would make sense to pause at 40.

Since when does anything Andy does make sense?

mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:35 pm

It's getting worse because it appears we have finally reached the announcement drought!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Very unlikely...dates suck and tired of waiting!

Please...AEther.Realm-|-Alestorm-|-Amaranthe-|-Amon.Amarth-|-Ancient.Bards-|-Anthrax-|-Apocalyptica-|-Astral.Doors-|-Atlas.Pain-|-Avantasia-|-Battle.Beast-|-Beast.in.Black-|-Behemoth-|-Belzebubs-|-Blind.Guardian-|-Borknagar-|-Brymir-|-Cain's.Offering-|-Chthonic-|-Civil.War-|-Dark.Moor-|-Dark.Tranquility-|-Death.Angel-|-Demons.and.Wizards-|-Dimmu.Borgir-|-Doro-|-DragonForce-|-Dragonland-|-Edguy-|-Epica-|-Equilibrium-|-Ex.Deo-|-Exodus-|-Firewind-|-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-|-Gamma.Ray-|-Grailknights-|-Grave.Digger-|-Gyze-|-Haggard-|-Hammerfall-|-Heathen.Foray-|-Helloween-|-Helstar-|-Holy.Grail-|-Hypocrisy-|-Iced.Earth-|-In.Extremo-|-Insomnium-|-Korpiklaani-|-Kreator-|-Lacuna.Coil-|-Lizzy.Borden-|-Moonspell-|-Myrkur-|-Nightwish-|-Nothgard-|-Oceans.of.Slumber-|-Omnium.Gatherum-|-Orden.Ogan-|-Powerwolf-|-Primordial-|-Psychostick-|-Refuge-|-Running.Wild-|-Sabaton-|-Saltatio.Mortis-|-Savatage-|-Saxon-|-Serious.Black-|-Shylmagoghnar-|-Skiltron-|-Stratovarius-|-Testament-|-Therion-|-Turisas-|-U.D.O.-|-Uli.Jon.Roth-|-Unisonic-|-Venom-|-Visigoth-|-Wintersun-|-Wolfheart-|-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:47 pm

cowboy71 wrote:All the bands starting with P that I collated from wishlists - removing those already on the lineup or those like Powerwolf who are already ruled out:

Pitch Shifter

This would make me explode. saw them in '98 & the snare was so loud it was making my head twitch.

I'm reasonably sure they're defunct now though , sadly.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:11 pm

AceHugger wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:All the bands starting with P that I collated from wishlists - removing those already on the lineup or those like Powerwolf who are already ruled out:

Pitch Shifter

This would make me explode. saw them in '98 & the snare was so loud it was making my head twitch.

I'm reasonably sure they're defunct now though , sadly.

Not that they are a band that interest me at all, but:
    "In June 2016 the band tweeted "Looking at some live shows in Feb 2018 in the UK. Does anybody still care!?!?". This suggests a possible tour to coincide with the 20th anniversary of the pitchshifter.com album"
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
Post Reply 3266 posts