Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    Warphine
    Ensign

Re: Back From Down Under

by Warphine » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:46 am

Memnoch wrote:Oh, I wouldn't mind Avatarium being added either.

I would love Avatarium!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:54 am

maybe It's just me, but I'm scriutinising the "Don’t rest easy just yet, we’re not done here! " comment as the clue, rather than the hold your breath bit - I think that was just alluding to the mahoosive gap between announcements.

This has made me go back to the advert I posted a few months ago ( the one that had psycroptic & Candlemass on there) - to see if there was an 'A' Band on there that I missed. (there wasn't)

Pretty surprised that Candlemass was not the next announcement, must have been in the plans for a while if it was featured on a print-ad, - must've been pretty concrete to put it in writing, even if it's not come from the horse's ( digital) mouth yet.

Don't understand why hold it back? - the ship has sailed (lol) Does Andy not follow the forums? - is he not aware of the fuck up?

in my eyes there's only 19 more to announce.

Still at least we know there'll be no more leaks from Metal Hammer.... R.I.P.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:15 am

AceHugger wrote:maybe It's just me, but I'm scriutinising the "Don’t rest easy just yet, we’re not done here! " comment as the clue, rather than the hold your breath bit - I think that was just alluding to the mahoosive gap between announcements...

Pretty surprised that Candlemass was not the next announcement, must have been in the plans for a while if it was featured on a print-ad, - must've been pretty concrete to put it in writing, even if it's not come from the horse's ( digital) mouth yet.

Don't understand why hold it back? - the ship has sailed (lol) Does Andy not follow the forums? - is he not aware of the fuck up?

Why the "hold your breath" focus? I haven't seen any good guesses as to what the band might be if the hint is 'don't rest easy". The clues are usually obvious, if there are any.

Also, literally none of us know how Andy works. He could have arbitrarily decided he wanted to make a gap of 123 days a while ago, because he liked the number.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:54 am

literally no logic
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:58 am

Phoenix wrote:Why the "hold your breath" focus?

No idea, - just a feeling, - like someone sugested the Asphyx option, - maybe it's subtle. - OR it could be the other phrase that I mention. - OR, of course, it could be nothing.
    Phoenix wrote:
    Also, literally none of us know how Andy works. He could have arbitrarily decided he wanted to make a gap of 123 days a while ago, because he liked the number.

I like this guy's fucking style. - that's what I would do if I was him, - have a spin wheel with actions ( like wait 5 days , wait 3 weeks, same day etc.) & just use that to decide, so there's no clear logic or predictability whatsoever. - it's like how dull it is when you watch a film & you just know the plot beats because it's all been done before.
    A bit of randomisation is a beautiful thing.

If the cruise is selling itself as irt seems to be ( from what I understand), there's not a huge need for any big announcements or even the complete line-up. - imagine if there was only 57 bands announced at time of boarding. - 3 'secret' slots - the rumour mill would go mental!

Blackfhyre wrote:literally no logic

Love it. - the only logic is.... THERE IS NO LOGIC.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Memnoch

by Memnoch » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:28 am

The new Asphyx album is called Incoming Death. Don't rest easy just yet could easily be seen as a clue to, well, an incoming death. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:43 am

AceHugger wrote:Still at least we know there'll be no more leaks from Metal Hammer.... R.I.P.

Has Metal Hammer folded? I haven't heard anything about that.
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:14 am

meshuggah wrote:
    AceHugger wrote:Still at least we know there'll be no more leaks from Metal Hammer.... R.I.P.

Has Metal Hammer folded? I haven't heard anything about that.

"On 19 December 2016, TeamRock called in the administrators with the loss of 70 jobs, after experiencing financial difficulties. TeamRock's stable of titles including Classic Rock, Metal Hammer, and Prog, has suspended publication"
    - from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Hammer
    2020 Wishlist: Boat, friends, bands, karaoke, hot, Sorrentos, Windjammer, coffee, Satan, love, alcohol.
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Revel In The February Sea With AVATARIUM

by Andy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:32 am

Just over a month left before you and 2,999 other headbangers set sail through the warm Caribbean with AVATARIUM onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! Ready?

You thought we were through? Not a chance! Stay tuned for "M"ore...

• macamatic
    Petty Officer

Re: Revel In The February Sea With AVATARIUM

by macamatic » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:42 am

Just what we all expected. Never heard of them, but a quick Google search suggests they're doom. Probably not my thing.

I think it's time for a Mors Principium Est hype train!
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:43 am

macamatic wrote:Just what we all expected. Never heard of them, but a quick Google search suggests they're doom. Probably not my thing.

I think it's time for a Mors Principium Est hype train!

Nooooo I can't get my hopes up :cry:
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:52 am

This pretty much confirms Candlemass.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:57 am

Yesssss!And Candlemass ,got some awesome crossover combinations with other Swedish Band possibilities.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Not sure who they are but thank you Andy! Every year I hear of new bands and Every Year I have the time of my life!!!
    Round 7, well 8 for some coming soon :heavydrink:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:04 pm

Please let it be Mors Principium fucking Est!
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:04 pm

Awesome! This has been a good day. 4/4 sets. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:10 pm

Nice unexpected add!

Gimme Vuur down the line for another.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:19 pm

YASSSSSS!!!! AVATARIUM!!!!

I wasn't expecting this one. Very cool. Another 2 setter!

This is my 3 year old daughters favorite band... besides Opeth. Maybe I can get a back patch for her upcoming battle jacket? :lol:

I wonder if Leif will be joining them since Candlemass are rumored to be booked? (Leif hasn't been playing with Avatarium live in quite a while).

Now for the clue... too bad it wasn't "Stay Tuned for "M"ors"!!!!!!

COME ON MPE!
    Last edited by Warphine on Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

• sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:20 pm

I don't like them, and I'm surprised they're being called doom. I only gave half a song a try, though.

Is there any kind of discernible clue for the next one? I'd take Mors Principium Est, but a Melechesh repeat would be great, too. I guess "'M'ore" could definitely be some Mors, though.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:27 pm

For those that aren't familiar, this band is most definitely Doom.

Here's one of my favorite tracks from them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=589KlpR6DEc

Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:29 pm

Blackfhyre wrote:literally no logic

Love it. - the only logic is.... THERE IS NO LOGIC.

i think its great as well. keep you on your toes
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:41 pm

pretty sure the M will be the same deal...
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:28 pm

0 for 3 (including Candlemass). I liked it better when there were no announcements and there was still a chance good bands would be awarded these slots. :P

So far this year's lineup still pales in comparison to last year's.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:54 pm

Having listened to one song of Avatarium's, I'll probably check out a set if it's convenient. They sound interesting.

Hoping the "M"ore clue points to "M"ors. Or "M"etsatöll. Either one would be dope. Really, I'm totally fine with the lineup as it stands. Now I want everyone else to get their bands. And I want Avantasia, and a pony.
    2020 Wishlist: Boat, friends, bands, karaoke, hot, Sorrentos, Windjammer, coffee, Satan, love, alcohol.
  • drrock
    Crewman

by drrock » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:00 pm

Andy wrote:Just over a month left before you and 2,999 other headbangers set sail through the warm Caribbean with AVATARIUM onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! Ready?

You thought we were through? Not a chance! Stay tuned for "M"ore...

Thank you Skipper! This is my most valued christmas present in a very long time!

I' ll definitely catch both sets in first row no matter where and when!

And I hope to meet Jennie and the guys on broad as often as possible. Need to talk to my "organ god" desperately.

Cant wait to see you again, counting the hours now!

Best announcement since Metal Church back in 2012 on my 50th birthday.
    2017 = 40 yrs in rock and metal!
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:33 pm

Holy shit Avatarium are awesome! They kinda remind me of the Dead Weather, which is not an association I was really expecting to make with a 70k band but I'll take it. Def one set, maybe two
    Aether.Realm/Amon.Amarth/Amorphis/Ayreon/Behemoth/Blind.Guardian/Dark.Tranquility/Draconian/Epica/The.Eternal/Freedom.Call/Frozen.Crown/Galderia/Hamferd/Hammerfall/Iced.Earth/Ihsahn/Insomnium/Katatonia/Khemmis/Lor/Manegarm/Moonsorrow/Moonspell/My.Dying.Bride/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Nightwish/November’s.Doom/Omnium.Gatherum/Orphaned.Land/Primordial/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Serenity/Seventh.Wonder/Soilwork/Sojourner/Sonata.Arctica/Swallow.the.Sun/Theocracy/Tribulation/Turisas/Visigoth/Wilderun/Within.Temptation
    Yippee38
    Crewman

by Yippee38 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:10 pm

General Zod wrote:0 for 3 (including Candlemass). I liked it better when there were no announcements and there was still a chance good bands would be awarded these slots. :P

heh
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:13 pm

M is going to be Mork Gryning. Thats a random long shot. I want more black metal
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:16 pm

I'd be REALLY happy if it's (M)ors Principium Est...and they have a new song out now and a forthcoming release, too, so it would make sense.
    Melechesh would make me only slightly less happy, though. :bmhorns:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:25 pm

Announcements :wank:

Sadly, not Excited for either......
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:32 pm

Yippee38 wrote:
    General Zod wrote:0 for 3 (including Candlemass). I liked it better when there were no announcements and there was still a chance good bands would be awarded these slots. :P

heh

Kinda hard to top last year.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: 70 Days To Departure!

by deathmetalpat » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:57 pm

Speedy wrote:Meanwhile, Orden Ogan revealed their awesome cruise tshirt design: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank:

They aren't going to bring enough of those shirts I bet ,these will sell out right away.This is when I wish there where some pre-order swag system for buying things.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:58 pm

Myrkskog
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

SEASONS GREETINGS!

by Andy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:33 pm

We wish all Sailors and Metal Heads around the world Happy Holidays.

Cheers,

Your 70000TONS OF METAL Team

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: SEASONS GREETINGS!

by deathmetalpat » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:37 pm

We want more presents!But Happy Jul and Merry Christmas,Hail Satan and Santa :lol:
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Happy Solstice, Yule, Christmahanakwanzaa, or other holiday of choice, everyone :heavydrink:

Guess I don't get to unwrap "M"ore presents until after Christmas...

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:04 pm

Merry xmas to you and your team skipper!!

Cannot wait to see you all SOOOOOON.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:50 pm

70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:51 pm

Last two are good!

What about Magrudergrind Andy?! :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    crazemidgt
    Crewman

by crazemidgt » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:05 am

Andy wrote:We wish all Sailors and Metal Heads around the world Happy Holidays.

Cheers,

Your 70000TONS OF METAL Team

Is this a hint to next years's cruise destination?

Alaska!
    70K 2017 Cabin - 6232

70K Survivor - 2015
    Wacken - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    MetalDays - 2014
  • Post Reply 3266 posts