Post Reply 3282 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

Re: Most Unfortunate News!

by JARI » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:03 am

:bitch: [quote="Memnoch"]Besides, if one wants to see bands like Blind Guardian or Sonata Arctica, there's always Disney cruises
    :viking:
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:06 am

Sucks about Gojira and Nile but I've seen them live a few times each so no big deal.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:14 am

Downvod wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:
    General Zod wrote:
    This. Wintersun was booked last minute in 2015, remember?

I know they were announced last minute... I'm not sure if I truly believe they were booked a day or two before sailing out of the blue.

I swear I've read on here before about bands not making it due to visa issues. Amon Amarth last year was one of the rumors.

According to the Wintersun guys, they were actually booked only about a week before sailing. The problem isn't the boat - the problem is if you're a band who wants to enter the US to tour soon after the boat, and your visas are still clearing, and immigration gets shirty about letting you in, because technically your visa's not ready yet...

2015-2018, 2020
    Goth Cruise 2019?

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    PacNW
    Crewman

by PacNW » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:48 am

Bummer news. Honestly I have never managed to get into either Gojira or Nile. I had been planning to catch at least one Nile set though, because I hear they are awesome live.

I agree with others who think the replacement bands should be in a similar heavy vein. Swapping Nile for Sonata Arctica would feel like a slap in the face to death metal fans. Cannibal Corpse is rad live if Andy is able to secure them at the last minute like this.

I also agree with people saying Nile's cancellation is kinda BS. Professional bands should plan ahead to secure their visas in time to honor their show commitments. Yes the visa process should work faster and easier, or ideally you could not even require people to have paper permission slips to enter the country, but unfortunately the world is not perfect. Professionally, focus on the items that are 100% in your control.
    2012, 2017 - 6223, 2018 - 6387
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:59 am

What is GORGUTS doing? I'd be happy to trade them for NILE!
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:25 am

FUCK! Didn't see this awful news last night. This just adds to the shitty week I am having. :evil:

sara wrote:Can we please, please replace these bands with heavy ones? It's already a pretty light line up in my opinion. I was psyched for Gojira and like Nile.

I agree with Sara, they were two bands I really wanted to see. This is my least favorite lineup off all the cruises that I have done. Losing 2 bands I wanted to see hurts.

Mark wrote:Personally I didn't care for either band but coming out and saying you're glad they are gone is just borderline stupid.
    Also Andy should probably really try to get some proper heavy bands to replace them. I'd be really pissed if say Orden Ogan got canceled and replaced by a Death Metal Band.

Thanks. I agree with you that the replacements should be in the same ballpark.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Thrashmania
    Crewman

by Thrashmania » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:36 am

Sorry for the family of Gojira. As far as my preference, I was probably not going to catch one of their sets anyway. I've seen Nile a bajillion times and am not heart broken about their cancellation, but would have seen one of their sets. Cool thing about this cruise (as previously mentioned) is the diversity of the genres. I've VERY particular in what Power Metal bands I like, and luckily I usually get 1 or 2 Power metal bands I wouldn't be able to see otherwise (ProgPower rarely has enough bands to my taste to justify the cost).

My bread and butter is generally the heavier stuff though, and this year is pretty light in that sense. Hoping at least Nile gets replaced with some good ole (non-melodic) death metal (Unless that melodic death metal is Hypocrisy, God Dethroned or Vital Remains). I don't really care who Gojira gets replaced with, my assumption is that it'll be a larger act--so that's nice. I'm on board with Cut Up doing a Vomitory set!

Still crossing all body parts for Hypocrisy!
    70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
    Danny24601
    Crewman

by Danny24601 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:44 am

Its an interesting question to what extent we want the replacements to be more similar to the bands canceled vs. better known. Presumably the skipper is going to do his best but with such short notice (even allowing for the fact they likely knew this was coming long before we did) there are going to be limits on what they can do. I'm sure they would have booked Amon Amarth or a similar crowd pleaser if they could, but given that Nile couldn't sort their visas with many months notice I'm sure you can imagine how limited their band options are now. In that case, is it more important to get bands that sound close to Gojira and Nile, even if most people are unfamiliar with them and might even call them crippers, or for them to get bands that are similar in size and make the lineup change feel like less of a downgrade commercially, even if those bands are completely different in sound? I'm not sure there is a right answer here, and perhaps UMC may even go with a mixed approach across the three remaining bands.

Consolation prize: more announcements to get excited about!
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:49 am

The more I think about it, the more my dream replacement list is Symphony X or Myrath to replace Gojira (though both are less heavy), and Hypocrisy to replace Nile.

2015-2018, 2020
    Goth Cruise 2019?

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:14 am

sara wrote:Can we please, please replace these bands with heavy ones? It's already a pretty light line up in my opinion. I was psyched for Gojira and like Nile. Please do not replace these guys with weenie bands. I need neck crushing heavy.

Only logical to get atleast one death metal band. But last minute who knows whats available. Look to Canada and see if Cryptopsy or Gorguts are free one of them with overkill would be nice.
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:24 am

big perken wrote:
    sara wrote:Can we please, please replace these bands with heavy ones? It's already a pretty light line up in my opinion. I was psyched for Gojira and like Nile. Please do not replace these guys with weenie bands. I need neck crushing heavy.

Only logical to get atleast one death metal band. But last minute who knows whats available. Look to Canada and see if Cryptopsy or Gorguts are free one of them with overkill would be nice.

i understand completely, but there is no lack of good heavy bands, maybe it wont be one as big, but im really disappointed that so many are using this as an opportunity to beg for more corny stuff when we already have kamelot, amaranthe, xandria, etc etc
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:27 am

Amaranthe should play two extra sets, and then they should book van canto and twilight force lol
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:33 am

alex_canada wrote:Amaranthe should play two extra sets, and then they should book van canto and twilight force lol

Van Canto is such an easy solution it would seem. They just need to bag some microphones, borrow a drum kit from any of the 59 other bands and off we go.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:35 am

Tigerclaw_x wrote:I am actually HAPPY that Gojira and Nile is out. Quite Happy. Too many "we gargle with sulfuric acid" bands on board anyways. Now, figure this out: BLIND GUARDIAN have US visas, seen them twice already. So do Leaves Eyes, so does Sonata Arctica, So does Rage/Refuge, so does Rhapsody, so does PelleK. Any of them would be a welcome substitution into "we gargle with sulfuric acid" style.

Everyones response to this shit post.
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:48 am

Posted in the other thread, but only biggish name band that's still available last minute that I'd love to see is Theocracy. They're in Georgia, so it's a quick flight and as far as I can tell they've no other engagements unless Matt is producing something somewhere.

They're one of the few bucket list bands I've never had the opportunity to see, so that'd be awesome.

For smaller bands, there's quite a few in Florida that I'm sure are likely. But this is a wishlist, so one can dream.
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:57 am

metalmaciejmetal wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:Amaranthe should play two extra sets, and then they should book van canto and twilight force lol

Van Canto is such an easy solution it would seem. They just need to bag some microphones, borrow a drum kit from any of the 59 other bands and off we go.

Unfortunately Inga is pregnant and likely far enough along to be precluded from cruising :(

2015-2018, 2020
    Goth Cruise 2019?

Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:00 am

I wasn't planning on seeing either band so even if someone gets announced that's a 1 setter I'd be good. I haven't been keeping up with anything regarding availability but Hypocrisy and Borknagar. Done.

I don't think The Absence is tied up and they are close? Snag them!
    PacNW
    Crewman

by PacNW » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:09 am

I'm concerned I'll run out of glowsticks if Amaranthe plays 4 sets.
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:14 am

I will spend all of that time at some sort of bar or eatery with the brootals if that is the case.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:14 am

PacNW wrote:I'm concerned I'll run out of glowsticks if Amaranthe plays 4 sets.

The trick is to properly space out how often you throw a glowstick at the band. Pace yourself wisely.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    UltimoAviso
    Petty Officer

by UltimoAviso » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:23 am

Solstice would be an easy option (though they have a gig the night before sailing in FLL)
    http://www.helionprimemetal.com/ <-My Band

70K:
    2016-7211
    2017-9230
    2018-1690
    2019-7648
    Wacken:
    Progpower:

Wish:Skull Fist-Striker-*Grim Reaper*-Manowar-Running Wild(and i book immediately)
  • Thrashmania
    Crewman

by Thrashmania » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:45 am

There are a whole pile of great death metal bands right in Florida. I'd be happy with pretty much any of them.
    70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
    Zed3
    Crewman

by Zed3 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:09 pm

Brujeria is playing in Miami tomorrow and in Puerto Rico saturday so they could easily get brought back on board, just wishin'...
    2017: Survivor - 2018 & 2019: :( - 2020: ?

Wishlist 2020:
    Aephanemer-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Audrey.Horne-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Biohazard-/-Bucovina-/-Byzantine-/-Dalriada-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Einherjer-/-Exit.Eden-/-Fractal.Gates-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Ghoultown-/-Gojira-/-Grand.Magus-/-Immortal-/-Immortal.Guardian-/-Imperialist-/-Inferi-/-Khemmis-/-Kobra.and.the.Lotus-/-Lonewolf-/-Lör-/-Mantar-/-Mongol-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrath-/-Nailed.To.Obscurity-/-No.Return-/-Paladin-/-Palantir-/-Power.Trip-/-Savage.Machine-/-Seventh.Wonder-/-Skull.Fist-/-Soilwork-/-Striker-/-Svart.Crown-/-Tankard-/-Temptation's.Wings-/-The.Crown-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Troldhaugen-/-TrollfesT-/-Undrask-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Venom.Prison-/-VUUR-/-Warkings
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:36 pm

Losing 2 bands that quite a few people favor both sucks.At this point I have 33 must see bands ranging from the headliners to 10 a.m. pool show(I am sold on line up by far ).So really hope Skipper can find some great substitutes or a major band with big appeal.Just losing Kamelot in 2014 made a thin cruise even thinner,and there was a lot of time before but never got a substitute for them.Candlemass for Pentagram in 2012 was an upgrade for me and excellent choice.So it could go both ways.
    My wishlist 2019 A band just one band before Christmas!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:41 pm

While we all mourn the loss of bands we like (or don't, who knows) and scramble to think of who could be next, let us not forget that we're still a week out from one hell of a party. I'm still beyond excited, and I'll still have a great time. Andy never fails to disappoint in putting on a good show, at least.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:57 pm

Zed3 wrote:Brujeria is playing in Miami tomorrow and in Puerto Rico saturday so they could easily get brought back on board, just wishin'...

I'd be perfectly fine with Brujeria, yes. In fact, it may be the perfect time to have them onboard :D

I guess it's too late to have Dark Fuckin' Angel joining the party?
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2017
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    PacNW
    Crewman

by PacNW » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:04 pm

Phoenix wrote:let us not forget that we're still a week out from one hell of a party.

This times eleventy billion. I am unbelievably excited!
  • Godflesh
    Midshipman

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:21 pm

TPH wrote:
    Zed3 wrote:Brujeria is playing in Miami tomorrow and in Puerto Rico saturday so they could easily get brought back on board, just wishin'...

I'd be perfectly fine with Brujeria, yes. In fact, it may be the perfect time to have them onboard :D

+1, looks like they don't have dates after this weekend, plus Jeff Walker from Carcass is already with them.
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:22 pm

33 must see bands! Yeah - I'm down to 7 must see bands and 7 maybe if I'm bored bands. It'll be fun regardless of how many sets I catch.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:28 pm

UltimoAviso wrote:Solstice would be an easy option (though they have a gig the night before sailing in FLL)

Normally I think 70K would have a clause excluding bands from playing in and around the port before the boat, but under the circumstances perhaps Andy would waive that.

Although I've heard rumours that the replacements are already confirmed.

2015-2018, 2020
    Goth Cruise 2019?

• Tigerclaw_x
    Oiler

by Tigerclaw_x » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:29 pm

I seen Blind Guardian twice this year. If you think they are a baf live band that you "left after 5th song" you are on crack or have no musical ear whatsoever. To a smartass who claims that Blind Guardian and Sonata Arctica "belong on Disney cruise" you don't know good music if it bit your arsch. For me, sounding like a rabid rottweiller barking obscenity into microphone while slamming same chord over and over is NOT music and definitely NOT metal. Thats just me. I grew up on REAL metal: Sabbath, Priest, Dio, Maiden, Saxon, Accept, WASP. Now I listen to hundreds of bands, from Slayer to Queesryche, from Brother Firetribe to Deathstars. But sounds of barfing into the microphone hurts my brain. So I hope those 2 bands get replaced with something actually GOOD. Be it Wrath, Shaolin Death Squad, Deathstars, Luca Turelli or Death SS or any of other bands who do not gargle with sulfuric acid.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:36 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: normally its the extreme metal fans that are jackasses
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:40 pm

Somebody looks a little butt-hurt :lol:

In fairness though, modern day Sonata DOES belong on a Disney cruise more than ours...
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:44 pm

dude why do you even talk
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:48 pm

1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Monmisreal wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: normally its the extreme metal fans that are jackasses

LOL. Guess there's jackasses in every crowd.

2015-2018, 2020
    Goth Cruise 2019?

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:49 pm

*hits the "foe" button*

klons wrote:In fairness though, modern day Sonata DOES belong on a Disney cruise more than ours...

Yeah... I checked out their recent show with OG. At least Fullmoon and Don't Say a Word still sounded good.

• macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:53 pm

Phoenix wrote:*hits the "foe" button*

klons wrote:In fairness though, modern day Sonata DOES belong on a Disney cruise more than ours...

Yeah... I checked out their recent show with OG. At least Fullmoon and Don't Say a Word still sounded good.

I actually enjoyed them when I saw them in Tampa last year, and they're not really my taste. There was one song - I think it was a really old one - where I heard nothing but bass, but the rest sounded fine. They put on a hell of a show, and Tony is a great frontman.

I also saw Stream of Passion playing "I Have a Right" recently, which was... interesting.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Phoenix wrote:*hits the "foe" button*

Sonata completely phoned it in for the show I saw on this tour last fall. You could tell that would rather be somewhere else. It was a bad show.

Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:00 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: normally its the extreme metal fans that are jackasses

LOL. Guess there's jackasses in every crowd.

Just because its funny I'm picturing this coming from your stereotypical looking power/prog metal fan. Oh, you're soon cute when you're angry *pinches cheek*

And wtf is a foe button?
Post Reply 3282 posts