Post Reply 3265 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

Re: Most Unfortunate News!

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:35 am

Tigerclaw_x wrote:I am actually HAPPY that Gojira and Nile is out. Quite Happy. Too many "we gargle with sulfuric acid" bands on board anyways. Now, figure this out: BLIND GUARDIAN have US visas, seen them twice already. So do Leaves Eyes, so does Sonata Arctica, So does Rage/Refuge, so does Rhapsody, so does PelleK. Any of them would be a welcome substitution into "we gargle with sulfuric acid" style.

Everyones response to this shit post.
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:48 am

Posted in the other thread, but only biggish name band that's still available last minute that I'd love to see is Theocracy. They're in Georgia, so it's a quick flight and as far as I can tell they've no other engagements unless Matt is producing something somewhere.

They're one of the few bucket list bands I've never had the opportunity to see, so that'd be awesome.

For smaller bands, there's quite a few in Florida that I'm sure are likely. But this is a wishlist, so one can dream.
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:57 am

metalmaciejmetal wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:Amaranthe should play two extra sets, and then they should book van canto and twilight force lol

Van Canto is such an easy solution it would seem. They just need to bag some microphones, borrow a drum kit from any of the 59 other bands and off we go.

Unfortunately Inga is pregnant and likely far enough along to be precluded from cruising :(

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:00 am

I wasn't planning on seeing either band so even if someone gets announced that's a 1 setter I'd be good. I haven't been keeping up with anything regarding availability but Hypocrisy and Borknagar. Done.

I don't think The Absence is tied up and they are close? Snag them!
    PacNW
    Crewman

by PacNW » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:09 am

alex_canada wrote:Amaranthe should play two extra sets, and then they should book van canto and twilight force lol

I'm concerned I'll run out of glowsticks if Amaranthe plays 4 sets.
    2012, 2017 - 6223, 2018 - 6387
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:14 am

I will spend all of that time at some sort of bar or eatery with the brootals if that is the case.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:14 am

PacNW wrote:I'm concerned I'll run out of glowsticks if Amaranthe plays 4 sets.

The trick is to properly space out how often you throw a glowstick at the band. Pace yourself wisely.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    UltimoAviso
    Petty Officer

by UltimoAviso » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:23 am

Solstice would be an easy option (though they have a gig the night before sailing in FLL)
    http://www.helionprimemetal.com/ <-My Band

70K:
    2016-7211
    2017-9230
    2018-1690
    2019-7648
    Wacken:
    Progpower:

Wish:Skull Fist-Striker-*Grim Reaper*-Manowar-Running Wild(and i book immediately)
  • Thrashmania
    Crewman

by Thrashmania » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:45 am

There are a whole pile of great death metal bands right in Florida. I'd be happy with pretty much any of them.
    70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:09 pm

Brujeria is playing in Miami tomorrow and in Puerto Rico saturday so they could easily get brought back on board, just wishin'...
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:36 pm

Losing 2 bands that quite a few people favor both sucks.At this point I have 33 must see bands ranging from the headliners to 10 a.m. pool show(I am sold on line up by far ).So really hope Skipper can find some great substitutes or a major band with big appeal.Just losing Kamelot in 2014 made a thin cruise even thinner,and there was a lot of time before but never got a substitute for them.Candlemass for Pentagram in 2012 was an upgrade for me and excellent choice.So it could go both ways.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:41 pm

While we all mourn the loss of bands we like (or don't, who knows) and scramble to think of who could be next, let us not forget that we're still a week out from one hell of a party. I'm still beyond excited, and I'll still have a great time. Andy never fails to disappoint in putting on a good show, at least.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:57 pm

Zed3 wrote:Brujeria is playing in Miami tomorrow and in Puerto Rico saturday so they could easily get brought back on board, just wishin'...

I'd be perfectly fine with Brujeria, yes. In fact, it may be the perfect time to have them onboard :D

I guess it's too late to have Dark Fuckin' Angel joining the party?
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    PacNW
    Crewman

by PacNW » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:04 pm

Phoenix wrote:let us not forget that we're still a week out from one hell of a party.

This times eleventy billion. I am unbelievably excited!
    2012, 2017 - 6223, 2018 - 6387
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:21 pm

TPH wrote:
    Zed3 wrote:Brujeria is playing in Miami tomorrow and in Puerto Rico saturday so they could easily get brought back on board, just wishin'...

I'd be perfectly fine with Brujeria, yes. In fact, it may be the perfect time to have them onboard :D

+1, looks like they don't have dates after this weekend, plus Jeff Walker from Carcass is already with them.
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:22 pm

33 must see bands! Yeah - I'm down to 7 must see bands and 7 maybe if I'm bored bands. It'll be fun regardless of how many sets I catch.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:28 pm

UltimoAviso wrote:Solstice would be an easy option (though they have a gig the night before sailing in FLL)

Normally I think 70K would have a clause excluding bands from playing in and around the port before the boat, but under the circumstances perhaps Andy would waive that.

Although I've heard rumours that the replacements are already confirmed.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • Tigerclaw_x
    Oiler

by Tigerclaw_x » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:29 pm

I seen Blind Guardian twice this year. If you think they are a baf live band that you "left after 5th song" you are on crack or have no musical ear whatsoever. To a smartass who claims that Blind Guardian and Sonata Arctica "belong on Disney cruise" you don't know good music if it bit your arsch. For me, sounding like a rabid rottweiller barking obscenity into microphone while slamming same chord over and over is NOT music and definitely NOT metal. Thats just me. I grew up on REAL metal: Sabbath, Priest, Dio, Maiden, Saxon, Accept, WASP. Now I listen to hundreds of bands, from Slayer to Queesryche, from Brother Firetribe to Deathstars. But sounds of barfing into the microphone hurts my brain. So I hope those 2 bands get replaced with something actually GOOD. Be it Wrath, Shaolin Death Squad, Deathstars, Luca Turelli or Death SS or any of other bands who do not gargle with sulfuric acid.
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:36 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: normally its the extreme metal fans that are jackasses
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:40 pm

Somebody looks a little butt-hurt :lol:

In fairness though, modern day Sonata DOES belong on a Disney cruise more than ours...
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:44 pm

dude why do you even talk
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:48 pm

1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Monmisreal wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: normally its the extreme metal fans that are jackasses

LOL. Guess there's jackasses in every crowd.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:49 pm

*hits the "foe" button*

klons wrote:In fairness though, modern day Sonata DOES belong on a Disney cruise more than ours...

Yeah... I checked out their recent show with OG. At least Fullmoon and Don't Say a Word still sounded good.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:53 pm

Phoenix wrote:*hits the "foe" button*

klons wrote:In fairness though, modern day Sonata DOES belong on a Disney cruise more than ours...

Yeah... I checked out their recent show with OG. At least Fullmoon and Don't Say a Word still sounded good.

I actually enjoyed them when I saw them in Tampa last year, and they're not really my taste. There was one song - I think it was a really old one - where I heard nothing but bass, but the rest sounded fine. They put on a hell of a show, and Tony is a great frontman.

I also saw Stream of Passion playing "I Have a Right" recently, which was... interesting.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Phoenix wrote:*hits the "foe" button*

Sonata completely phoned it in for the show I saw on this tour last fall. You could tell that would rather be somewhere else. It was a bad show.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

• Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:00 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: normally its the extreme metal fans that are jackasses

LOL. Guess there's jackasses in every crowd.

Just because its funny I'm picturing this coming from your stereotypical looking power/prog metal fan. Oh, you're soon cute when you're angry *pinches cheek*

And wtf is a foe button?
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:02 pm

Monmisreal wrote:And wtf is a foe button?

If you visit a user profile there's a "friend" or "foe" option below the avatar - "foe" stops them from messaging you and hides all their posts by default.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:03 pm

The forum's long overdue for a weenies vs br00talz battle. It's been a while. :twisted:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:04 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:And wtf is a foe button?

If you visit a user profile there's a "friend" or "foe" option below the avatar - "foe" stops them from messaging you and hides all their posts by default.

I never even knew that existed.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:20 pm

Tigerclaw_x wrote:I seen Blind Guardian twice this year. If you think they are a baf live band that you "left after 5th song" you are on crack or have no musical ear whatsoever. To a smartass who claims that Blind Guardian and Sonata Arctica "belong on Disney cruise" you don't know good music if it bit your arsch. For me, sounding like a rabid rottweiller barking obscenity into microphone while slamming same chord over and over is NOT music and definitely NOT metal. Thats just me. I grew up on REAL metal: Sabbath, Priest, Dio, Maiden, Saxon, Accept, WASP. Now I listen to hundreds of bands, from Slayer to Queesryche, from Brother Firetribe to Deathstars. But sounds of barfing into the microphone hurts my brain. So I hope those 2 bands get replaced with something actually GOOD. Be it Wrath, Shaolin Death Squad, Deathstars, Luca Turelli or Death SS or any of other bands who do not gargle with sulfuric acid.

Chill dude, and never take the wookie too seriously. Never seen a troll before? :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:33 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    Tigerclaw_x wrote:I seen Blind Guardian twice this year. If you think they are a baf live band that you "left after 5th song" you are on crack or have no musical ear whatsoever. To a smartass who claims that Blind Guardian and Sonata Arctica "belong on Disney cruise" you don't know good music if it bit your arsch. For me, sounding like a rabid rottweiller barking obscenity into microphone while slamming same chord over and over is NOT music and definitely NOT metal. Thats just me. I grew up on REAL metal: Sabbath, Priest, Dio, Maiden, Saxon, Accept, WASP. Now I listen to hundreds of bands, from Slayer to Queesryche, from Brother Firetribe to Deathstars. But sounds of barfing into the microphone hurts my brain. So I hope those 2 bands get replaced with something actually GOOD. Be it Wrath, Shaolin Death Squad, Deathstars, Luca Turelli or Death SS or any of other bands who do not gargle with sulfuric acid.

Chill dude, and never take the wookie too seriously. Never seen a troll before? :D

Surely he knows what they are! Turilli has had to written songs about them, he just might be preparing his sword and bow n arrow!
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Keep On Cruising In The Free World

by Andy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:40 pm

Please welcome CARCASS, arguably the most influential band to come from Merseyside since The Beatles, onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

We've got more for you Sailors! This time we're going into the depths...

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Keep On Cruising In The Free World

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:43 pm

Yeah! A sulfuric acid gargling band!

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:45 pm

Eyy! Something tells me they were the original band #60. Excellent news.

Sgt. B wrote:Yeah! A sulfuric acid gargling band!

:lol:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:48 pm

I am completely stunned by this revelation!
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:49 pm

I'll take it. That makes it 8 must see bands. Bring on the acid garglers! That might be a decent band name.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:49 pm

That was supposed to be number 60 no doubt,good add as I was not able to get a close seat in 2014 for The Chorus Line show but it was fantastic.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:51 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Yeah! A sulfuric acid gargling band!

Post of the month! :D
    Going into the depths...sulfuric acid vocals...I'm going to die laughing if the next band is Sulphur Aeon :twisted:
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:53 pm

Yay! More time for me to see Avatarium, Pain, Mors, and Angra!

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Post Reply 3265 posts