Post Reply 3265 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Keep On Cruising In The Free World

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:55 pm

TPH wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:Yeah! A sulfuric acid gargling band!

Post of the month! :D
    Going into the depths...sulfuric acid vocals...I'm going to die laughing if the next band I'd Sulphur Aeon :twisted:

:beerwink:

Funny, I thought of the same thing after reading the Carcass announcement. I would give Andy post of the year if he announces Sulphur Aeon as the next band. And very happily watch both sets.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:58 pm

I'm guessing a Symphony X return. Odyssey/Underworld reference perhaps? We all know Russell Allen loves the boat, it's been a couple years.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:59 pm

klons wrote:I'm guessing a Symphony X return. Odyssey/Underworld reference perhaps? We all know Russell Allen loves the boat, it's been a couple years.

I would be so down with this.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:04 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Yeah! A sulfuric acid gargling band!

I have a feeling that will be a new 70k staple for death metal bands
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

Re: Most Unfortunate News!

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:08 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:s one of the best features :beerbang:

That's it, foed!
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:09 pm

The Great Old Ones! French ,Cthulhu going into the depths.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:09 pm

Andy wrote:Please welcome CARCASS, arguably the most influential band to come from Merseyside since The Beatles, onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

We've got more for you Sailors! This time we're going into the depths...

Yes.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:14 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    Andy wrote:We've got more for you Sailors! This time we're going into the depths...

Peter T has a studio called The Abyss, he also had a musical project called The Abyss, Hypocrisy has a song called The Abyss.

Something or anything with Peter is sure to come up next!

hope gnoffi is right!!!!!!!!!!! :viking:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:28 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    Funny, I thought of the same thing after reading the Carcass announcement. I would give Andy post of the year if he announces Sulphur Aeon as the next band. And very happily watch both sets.

Unfortunately, looks like Sulhpur Aeon is playing a show on February 4th - so it can't be them.

EDIT: Whoops, original link was a misread from something else. Damn google searches.
    Last edited by Phoenix on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:29 pm

Last day of work before three weeks away (cruise, followed by a week holidaying in the US, followed by a work conference in San Fran).

Today is gonna draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:29 pm

And a nice big crow sandwich for me. No doubt they were the 60th band and Andy is still working on the substitutes. I wonder if he always planned to announce Carcass a week out.

Symphony X would be amazing, but I'm not holding my breath. Admittedly they would fit as a headliner to replace Gojira, if indeed they were slated to be one.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:32 pm

Gorguts next date is February 10th in Mexico. It would be awesome to have them onbroad! They're amazing live :death:
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:32 pm

I really like Symphony X for this next band. They are the exact same position as both Gojira and Carcass on the wishlist, so a good replacement at least in terms of popularity.... and their newest album is Underworld. They also have no commitments and are near by.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:34 pm

meshuggah wrote:Gorguts next date is February 10th in Mexico. It would be awesome to have them onbroad! They're amazing live :death:

i'd be mega happy with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one of my faves...would soften the blow of the Gojira bail.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:40 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    Andy wrote:We've got more for you Sailors! This time we're going into the depths...

Peter T has a studio called The Abyss, he also had a musical project called The Abyss, Hypocrisy has a song called The Abyss.

Something or anything with Peter is sure to come up next!

O coitus. NEVER MIND, I AM OK WITH NO SYMPHONY X.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:42 pm

I hope Carcass covers Amon Amarth again on this cruise. :viking:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:48 pm

"Into the depths..." The Ocean, maybe? That would be incredible.

Plus, we could listen to The Ocean...on the ocean! (ba, dum...tish)
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:49 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:The Great Old Ones! French ,Cthulhu going into the depths.

Will be more than OK with them, their show at Hellfest was really good, and their music can fit the Boat nicely.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:50 pm

CARCASS
    I like them, not really something that excites me though..

Please Sulphur Aeon next!!
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:53 pm

Gratch wrote:"Into the depths..." The Ocean, maybe? That would be incredible.

Plus, we could listen to The Ocean...on the ocean! (ba, dum...tish)

I had to bail early when I saw them a few months ago. I'd LOVE to see two full sets from them.

And FWIW, Six Feet Under is from Florida.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:CARCASS

Sulphur Aeon? That's unpossible!

Seriously though, someone mentioned that they are playing a festival in Germany on Feb 4/5, so they are not a chance :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:07 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Sulphur Aeon? That's unpossible!

Seriously though, someone mentioned that they are playing a festival in Germany on Feb 4/5, so they are not a chance :(

Yes - I will post the correct link this time. https://www.facebook.com/events/1208036249206888/

They are in Germany during the cruise - so they're out.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:10 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:
    gnoff_the_creep wrote:s one of the best features :beerbang:

That's it, foed!

but but but

I thought we were friends! :cry:

oh right, if you foe'd me you won't even see this message :lol:

:cheers: :cheers:

Hoping for a Hypocrisy announcement though.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:16 pm

TPH wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:The Great Old Ones! French ,Cthulhu going into the depths.

Will be more than OK with them, their show at Hellfest was really good, and their music can fit the Boat nicely.

New cd comes out in USA tomorrow also,EOD :A Tale of Dark Legacy.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    capacitator51
    Oiler

by capacitator51 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:29 pm

Monmisreal wrote:Hoping for a Hypocrisy announcement though.

Seconded! Or...thousand'd, maybe.
    -|-Barren Earth-Behemoth-Devin.Townsend-Dimmu.Borgir-Enslaved-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Inquisition-Insomnium-In Vain-Kvelertak-Leprous-NeO-Oak.Pantheon-Rotting Christ-Septicflesh-Soen-Swallow.the.Sun-|-
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:35 pm

Definitely won't be this next band, but I think it might be possible to see Obituary round out the lineup. They're local, so they'd make sense as a replacement band. And I don't THINK I can see any tour dates on their website that conflict with the cruise? I dunno, random thought.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:41 pm

Cryptopsy seems like a good option to replace Nile

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:41 pm

Looks like I missed a bunch of the shit flinging, but anyway, no one should need to be mad at Ville. He has special and very specific tastes, haha.

And actually, I hate to be the metal police, but I will always give my opinion on a band. I like a lot of genres except some things that are just really too soft or cornball. And whoever says BG sucks live saw them at the wrong venue. They kill on the pool deck.

So my opinion on Carcass is Im glad for them to be on, they are not in my usual rotation but very heavy and will be fun to see live again.

I do really wish for Hypocrisy next. Its on my short wish list!

I dont understand how Symphony X is comparable to Gojira. Is it just in popularity?
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:41 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

Shit.

Ok, make it Ahab then.

Symphony X is about as popular with me as some shit I left behind on my asshole after thinking I got it all.
    Last edited by Razor Ramon on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:42 pm

Downvod wrote:Cryptopsy seems like a good option to replace Nile

That would really make me excited!
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:44 pm

sara wrote:Looks like I missed a bunch of the shit flinging, but anyway, no one should need to be mad at Ville. He has special and very specific tastes, haha.

And actually, I hate to be the metal police, but I will always give my opinion on a band. I like a lot of genres except some things that are just really too soft or cornball. And whoever says BG sucks live saw them at the wrong venue. They kill on the pool deck.

So my opinion on Carcass is Im glad for them to be on, they are not in my usual rotation but very heavy and will be fun to see live again.

I dont understand how Symphony X is comparable to Gojira. Is it just in popularity?

No comparison as far as style, just a nearby available band that is at the same level as Gojira on the collective wishlist. They are the most convenient of the higher wishlist bands, and they also fit the clue.

• Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:49 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Shit.

Ok, make it Ahab then.

Symphony X is about as popular with me as some shit I left behind on my asshole after thinking I got it all.

So... a solid 2-setter for you?

• zboy
    Oiler

by zboy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:08 pm

Everyone here is rather positive and I respect that. Gojira and Nile were the main reasons I booked. Going to make the most ofit.. It is strange though , when I saw that Gojira wa on the bill, thought it was somewhat unrealistic. They just seem to be a bit too commercially successful presently for the cruise. Totally understand familial illness. Nile on the other hand , a bit of bullshit just my Opinion sorry. I think they could play a gig without the bassist frankly ... just adjust the soundboard a bit and nine out of 10 people there wouldn't even know the difference sonically.
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:09 pm

Downvod wrote:
    sara wrote:Looks like I missed a bunch of the shit flinging, but anyway, no one should need to be mad at Ville. He has special and very specific tastes, haha.

No comparison as far as style, just a nearby available band that is at the same level as Gojira on the collective wishlist. They are the most convenient of the higher wishlist bands, and they also fit the clue.

I've heard of them forever but didn't really listen, so I checked them out. I do like the shred in their guitar solos and would catch a set for sure, but I still wanted Gojira. Anything more similar to them would be best, though I can't think of a band like that at the moment.
  • zboy
    Oiler

by zboy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:10 pm

Maybe "going into the depths" is referring to Hades
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:27 pm

zboy wrote:Everyone here is rather positive and I respect that. Gojira and Nile were the main reasons I booked. Going to make the most ofit.. It is strange though , when I saw that Gojira wa on the bill, thought it was somewhat unrealistic. They just seem to be a bit too commercially successful presently for the cruise. Totally understand familial illness. Nile on the other hand , a bit of bullshit just my Opinion sorry. I think they could play a gig without the bassist frankly ... just adjust the soundboard a bit and nine out of 10 people there wouldn't even know the difference sonically.

Gojira does have a lot of hype around them right now, no doubt. It isn't like they haven't had big bands before... Anthrax has had plenty of fame in their day... Nightwish has also played and they do arena tours.

The cruise is a blast, regardless of the lineup. A truly unique and awesome experience that I look forward to all year long. Honestly, i think it is misguided for anyone to book an expensive cruise specifically for one or two bands, but that is just me. Hopefully you like some other bands or have grown to like some since you booked. I encourage you to go with an open mind, have fun, check out some bands you weren't previously familiar with. They can often surprise you.

jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:42 pm

Downvod wrote: I encourage you to go with an open mind, have fun, check out some bands you weren't previously familiar with. They can often surprise you.

This. Discovering new bands (and finally giving some bands a second chance) has been one of the things I've loved about the pre-cruise time. I can't wait to see a lot of them live, they might (and probably will) surprise me even more :)

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:59 pm

... The Ocean would be awesome.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:17 pm

Cryptopsy :cry:
    God, no :cry:

I'm still crying (sulfuric acid tears, of course) every time I'm reminded of that band, and their TERRIBLE cover of Strapping Young Lad's "Oh My Fucking God". This is honestly the worst cover I have ever heard, even worse than Six Feet Under covering Iron Maiden or AC/DC.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:19 pm

TPH wrote:Cryptopsy :cry:
    God, no :cry:

I'm still crying (sulfuric acid tears, of course) every time I'm reminded of that band, and their TERRIBLE cover of Strapping Young Lad's "Oh My Fucking God". This is honestly the worst cover I have ever heard, even worse than Six Feet Under covering Iron Maiden or AC/DC.

So... besides the failed cover, are they really that bad?

Post Reply 3265 posts