Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

Re: Don't Run Out Of STAM1NA

by stoverkill » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:32 pm

Aw man.... I missed that "debate". (yeah yeah...I've been forum slacking....)

So it's almost surely gonna be The S_____ ????

I was excited for Suicidal Tendencies..... :/
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:52 pm

The way the clues have gone this year ,Swallow The Sun would make the most sense :lol: :lol:
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:20 pm

stoverkill wrote:Aw man.... I missed that "debate". (yeah yeah...I've been forum slacking....)

About as surely as every single D being Dark Tranquillity. That is to say, not at all.

The way he worded it suggests a "The S____" but after the last announcement I've given up pretending to understand what's going on in Andy's head.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:59 pm

macamatic wrote:The way he worded it suggests a "The S____" but after the last announcement I've given up pretending to understand what's going on in Andy's head.

^^^
    THAT.

The Sword
    The Crown
    ......The Simpsons :lol:
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:51 am

Pellaz wrote:
    macamatic wrote:The way he worded it suggests a "The S____" but after the last announcement I've given up pretending to understand what's going on in Andy's head.

^^^
    THAT.

The Sword
    The Crown

We'll already have The Simpsons onbroad :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqy4g4Z3XjI
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:01 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

^^^
    THAT.

The Sword
    The Crown

We'll already have The Simpsons onbroad :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqy4g4Z3XjI

Thank You for that post
    was a band I had zero interest in but now might stop to check them out
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:26 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

^^^
    THAT.

The Sword
    The Crown

We need Sonata Arctica so Tony can make the guest aparences with powerglove... Come on we have Elize and Alissa to join Kamelot... We need Tony :D
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    CaughtInAWeb
    Oiler

by CaughtInAWeb » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:32 am

Or maybe Andy is just thinking of Taylor Swift...

Now seriously, what if the name of the band is in German? eg Samsas Traum
    2016: 8231
    2017: 9263
    2018: 9323
    2019: 2313
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:01 am

Sidvarg wrote:
    We need Sonata Arctica so Tony can make the guest aparences with powerglove... Come on we have Elize and Alissa to join Kamelot... We need Tony :D

Watch that be the S and T... 'S'onata Arctica with 'T'ony Kakko to do some songs with Powerglove. At this point I wouldn't put it past Andy :lol:
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:33 am

macamatic wrote:
    stoverkill wrote:Aw man.... I missed that "debate". (yeah yeah...I've been forum slacking....)

About as surely as every single D being Dark Tranquillity. That is to say, not at all.

The way he worded it suggests a "The S____" but after the last announcement I've given up pretending to understand what's going on in Andy's head.

THANK YOU!!!!!!
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:00 am

The SavaTage announcement is taking forever!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Late booking and terrible dates kept me away.
    2021- What might the future hold?
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:39 am

Maybe STing will be onbroad :lol:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:54 pm

Wordpress Statistics? Never heard of them :lol:
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:59 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Wordpress Statistics? Never heard of them :lol:

Sorry about that.

The downside of screen scraping raw HTML and sending out push notifications. I have made a fix that should hopefully avoid this. No band with the key work wordpress will ever be announced again. Here is hoping we don't get a real band with that in their name for some messed up reason.

I am assuming that everyone is ok with occasional (hopefully very infrequent) hiccups, in the name of immediate notifications :)
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,See_You_In_2021

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:06 pm

slayergeek wrote:

Sorry about that.

The downside of screen scraping raw HTML and sending out push notifications. I have made a fix that should hopefully avoid this. No band with the key work wordpress will ever be announced again. Here is hoping we don't get a real band with that in their name for some messed up reason.

I am assuming that everyone is ok with occasional (hopefully very infrequent) hiccups, in the name of immediate notifications :)

Awww, I was so hyped for wordpress statistics :lol:
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:19 pm

slayergeek wrote:

Sorry about that.

No problem ,it is well worth the occasional bug,for a minute I thought Dallas had formed a band "The Statsmen" and Andy booked them.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:01 pm

slayergeek wrote:

Sorry about that.

It's ok, man. Actually that was kinda funny. While we're at it, I have a question. I receive two notifications every time, one is the good one, providing the name of the new band, and the other one is a generic notification. How can I get rid of the latter?
    Wishlist:
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:09 pm

bodomdragon wrote:It's ok, man. Actually that was kinda funny. While we're at it, I have a question. I receive two notifications every time, one is the good one, providing the name of the new band, and the other one is a generic notification. How can I get rid of the latter?

I have not heard or seen that one before. What platform and version are you running.

Also what exactly are seeing for this 'generic' notification. Feel free to send me a private message.

Anyone else seeing this?
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,See_You_In_2021

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:19 pm

Yeah. I get two notifications every time. I also have gotten the Wordpress Statistics more than once.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:20 pm

I'm on Android, I only see the one notification. But I do NOT have the most updated version.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:43 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:It's ok, man. Actually that was kinda funny. While we're at it, I have a question. I receive two notifications every time, one is the good one, providing the name of the new band, and the other one is a generic notification. How can I get rid of the latter?

I have not heard or seen that one before. What platform and version are you running.

Also what exactly are seeing for this 'generic' notification. Feel free to send me a private message.

Anyone else seeing this?

I'm on Android (OnePlus One) and I have the version 20160702.

I don't remember what the generic message says exactly. I'll try to remember to make a screenshot when we get the next announcement.
    Wishlist:

• bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:47 pm

Actually I do have a screenshot from Omnium Gatherum's announcement (I needed to keep and share the moment :D). How can I send it to you?
    Wishlist:

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:56 pm

I get 2 updates as well
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:01 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:No problem ,it is well worth the occasional bug,for a minute I thought Dallas had formed a band "The Statsmen" and Andy booked them.

HAHAHA yes!!!

What style of music do we play?

Mathcore.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:26 pm

I hope next up is The Sirens, but I predict a thumbs down...
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • kyleturunen
    Wiper

by kyleturunen » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:19 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:I hope next up is The Sirens, but I predict a thumbs down...

Omg yes The Sirens would be awesome, but after a show in the Netherlands when I met Anneke I asked if there would be any more The Sirens shows and she said they won't perform for a while. And also Anneke is having a break in 2017. Her last concert will be in December in Amsterdam with The Gentle Storm.
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:15 pm

The Scorpions? Hey a reunion with Uli??
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:02 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:The Scorpions? Hey a reunion with Uli??

At this point I don't care if it's The Supremes. Put us out of our misery already, Andy!

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:19 am

macamatic wrote:At this point I don't care if it's The Supremes. Put us out of our misery already, Andy!

You call THIS misery? I pity you the next time the skipper dials up a 25 week, international media blackout :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:28 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:You call THIS misery? I pity you the next time the skipper dials up a 25 weeke, international media blackout :lol:

I assume he wouldn't leave a hint in that case, though. I realize there have been multi-month gaps between announcements and UMC has even gone completely dark in the past (most notably in 2013) but judging by the reactions to each clue I take it to mean there's another band announcement coming soon. Am I wrong?

Plus this one is unusually cryptic...

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:00 am

Yeah - 3 days silence and it feels like 100. We have been spoilt so far this time around!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:54 am

macamatic wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:You call THIS misery? I pity you the next time the skipper dials up a 25 weeke, international media blackout :lol:

I assume he wouldn't leave a hint in that case, though. I realize there have been multi-month gaps between announcements and UMC has even gone completely dark in the past (most notably in 2013) but judging by the reactions to each clue I take it to mean there's another band announcement coming soon. Am I wrong?

He left a clue hanging for weeks in 2015. Pointed to Sonata, let it go for a while, announced a different band entirely later.

Was bound to happen eventually. Skipper's probably hearing up for his long weekend camping trip. He'll be back.
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:22 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:You call THIS misery? I pity you the next time the skipper dials up a 25 week, international media blackout :lol:

Yep. After last year I've simply consigned myself to the understanding that we won't know the entire line up until late January.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:29 am

General Zod wrote:Yep. After last year I've simply consigned myself to the understanding that we won't know the entire line up until late January.

What you really meant is early February
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:40 am

We had zero bands and in less than a month we have almost half the lineup. I'm happy. I can wait. :D
    Wishlist:

• macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:52 am

Phoenix wrote:
    macamatic wrote:

He left a clue hanging for weeks in 2015. Pointed to Sonata, let it go for a while, announced a different band entirely later.

Was bound to happen eventually. Skipper's probably hearing up for his long weekend camping trip. He'll be back.

That's just evil. I guess it'll be anybody but The Sword or The Skull then.

General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:27 am

MikeB wrote:What you really meant is early February

True.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:06 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

^^^
    THAT.

The Sword
    The Crown

They need to get Sonata Arctica in to have Tony sing Pokemon with them hahaha.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev3VwmpBXyo
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233

3.Inches.of.Blood.(wishfull.thinking.I.know)-/-Aeternam-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-An.Abstract.Illusion-/-At.Dawn's.Edge-/-Augury-/-Battlecross-/-Before.The.Dawn-/-Be'lakor-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Blackguard-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Lunacy-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter-/-Distoriam-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dreamtale-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Emperor-/-Equilibrium-/-Euphoreon-/-Evocation-/-Excalion-/-Exmortus-/-Ex.Deo-/-Finntroll-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Grailknights-/-Gyze-/-Hammerfall-/-Hands.of.Despair-/-Heidevolk-/-Helsott-/-Hollow-/-Insomnium-/-Insurrection-/-In.Vain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Korpiklaani-/-Manegarm-/-Mayan-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Naglfar-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Night.Demon-/-Nightwish-/-Novembers.Doom-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Persefone-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Sabaton-/-Sacrificed.Alliance-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Sanguine.Glacialis-/-Scar.Symmetry-/-Serenity-/-Shade.Empire-/-Shape.the.Above-/-Shylmagoghnar-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Spacemak3r-/-Starkill-/-Steel.Panther-/-Steignyr-/-Stratovarius-/-Striker-/-Svartsot-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-Tenacious.D-/-Terasbetoni-/-The.Agonist-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Therion-/-Tristania-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Van.Canto-/-Varg-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Wilderun-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfheart-/-Zonata

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:07 am

bodomdragon wrote:Actually I do have a screenshot from Omnium Gatherum's announcement (I needed to keep and share the moment :D). How can I send it to you?

I had already decided I was going, then they go and book OG... Best day ever for sure. :metalguy:
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233

3.Inches.of.Blood.(wishfull.thinking.I.know)-/-Aeternam-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-An.Abstract.Illusion-/-At.Dawn's.Edge-/-Augury-/-Battlecross-/-Before.The.Dawn-/-Be'lakor-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Blackguard-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Lunacy-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter-/-Distoriam-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dreamtale-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Emperor-/-Equilibrium-/-Euphoreon-/-Evocation-/-Excalion-/-Exmortus-/-Ex.Deo-/-Finntroll-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Grailknights-/-Gyze-/-Hammerfall-/-Hands.of.Despair-/-Heidevolk-/-Helsott-/-Hollow-/-Insomnium-/-Insurrection-/-In.Vain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Korpiklaani-/-Manegarm-/-Mayan-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Naglfar-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Night.Demon-/-Nightwish-/-Novembers.Doom-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Persefone-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Sabaton-/-Sacrificed.Alliance-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Sanguine.Glacialis-/-Scar.Symmetry-/-Serenity-/-Shade.Empire-/-Shape.the.Above-/-Shylmagoghnar-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Spacemak3r-/-Starkill-/-Steel.Panther-/-Steignyr-/-Stratovarius-/-Striker-/-Svartsot-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-Tenacious.D-/-Terasbetoni-/-The.Agonist-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Therion-/-Tristania-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Van.Canto-/-Varg-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Wilderun-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfheart-/-Zonata

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:27 pm

Maybe the "S" "T" is The Summer slaughter tour. There are already 3 onbroad.
Post Reply 3266 posts