Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: 7 Reasons To Get Excited For Round 7

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:56 pm

Feels like a countdown ,7 days to first band or booking?
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:02 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Feels like a countdown ,7 days to first band or booking?

Ooh, you might be right! The time does feel just about right for an announcement. Guess I'll need to check back here over the weekend.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:55 pm

Top 7 Reasons to consider booking for 2017:

1. Nice variety of metal bands but no (or very few) crappy metalcore bands*
    2. Labadee/Haiti beats the fuck out of Falmouth. What a lousy port that was. (Would still love to go to Grand Turk. :D )
    3. Good chance I'll love at least a few bands on the bill, like a lot of bands on the bill, and maybe discover some new ones
    4. Even if you end up HATING the lineup, the cancel fee is only $100 (for a while)
    5. 3,000 metalheads from all over the world, from 70+ countries!....or at least, territories that Andy counts as countries!
    6. Thirteen bars that NEVER close......except when they do. (Still the biggest-drinking cruise in the world.)
    7. The camaraderie with all those metalheads on board and the global diversity is unmatched on any cruise, anywhere.

---
    * "crappy metalcore" is a tautology :lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:11 pm

There are only 7 reasons NOT to get excited about round 7:
    1. July
    2. August
    3. September
    4. October
    5. November
    6. December
    7. January

But yes seriously, what's the deal with the absence of metalcore (not that I'm complaining, to the contrary)?
    Is it because;
    a) It's a US-only phenomenon
    b) It's an age thing
    ?
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dethklok-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Frog.Leap-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:36 am

Godflesh wrote:But yes seriously, what's the deal with the absence of metalcore (not that I'm complaining, to the contrary)?
    Is it because;
    b) It's an age thing
    ?

That seems pretty spot on, actually
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:28 pm

So a serious 7 reasons for me:

1 - Not dicks about letting you film gigs. Only ever been told off once by security (at the first Delain showin 2013 if I remember correctly)
    2 - Always bands I like onbroad that have never toured Australia - Tyr, Haggard, Rhapsody of Fire, Twilight Force to name but a few!
    3 - Discovered some bands that have gone on to become favourite bands of mine that I only ever checked out because they were on the 70k lineup - for example Haggard, Sabaton, Tyr, Abinchova
    4 - The truly wonderful people I've got to meet.
    5 - Pretty much can guarantee getting a barrier position easily if you want it, for any show
    6 - Only festival I go to where you can retire easily to a comfy bed if you want a quick nap between shows
    7 - Its a cruise ship in the caribbean with bands, booze and beautiful people. What's not to get excited about??!!??
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: Prepare Your Wish Lists!

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:48 am

cowboy71 wrote:Angra - would catch a set.
    Amaranthe - TWO SETS. BUCKET LIST!
    Circus Maximus - TWO SETS. BUCKET LIST!
    Civil War - TWO SETS. BUCKET LIST!
    Edguy - two sets for sure.
    Freedom Call - two sets for sure.
    In flames - meh
    Kalmah - meh
    Kamelot - two sets for sure
    Myrath - meh
    Omnium Gatherum - meh
    Orden Ogan - TWO SETS. BUCKET LIST!
    Orphaned Land - two sets for sure
    Powerwolf - ALREADY RULED OUT :(
    Rage - two sets for sure
    Symphony X - probably two sets
    Sonata Arctica - two sets for sure
    Unisonic - TWO SETS. BUCKET LIST!
    Wintersun - two sets for sure

Seriously great list. Give me that and I wouldn't care what the remaining bands on the lineup were :P

I'm really surprised you're "meh" on Myrath... maybe you're mistaking them for Myraeth who are VERY much a band I'd imagine you not liking...?
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:09 pm

I'll bite.

7. High-fiving random people all the time.
    6. My young kids get to see their favourite bands play before bedtime, with great sightlines nearly always available for short people.
    5. The hot tub in front of the pool deck stage is a fucking party.
    4. Great diversity of music, including a lot of bands that never tour near me.
    3. All of you. You know what I mean. So many new friends, so many more to meet.
    2. Getting to drunkenly inform your favourite musician that you named your dog after him (Henjo Richter in this case - he took the compliment graciously I think).
    1. The fact that as soon as it's over I'll be getting excited for 2018 because it's going to be that good.
    2020 Wishlist: Boat, friends, bands, karaoke, hot, Sorrentos, Windjammer, coffee, Satan, love, alcohol.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:52 am

1. The cruise family
    2. Pre-cruise activities back on South Beach again
    3. Winter in Florida >> winter in Finland
    4. My mum wants to go
    5. The new destination looks pretty damn nice
    6. Hopefully I'll get a wish list band or two
    7. The frequent cruiser benefits

1 and 2 are pretty much tied together. Sure, there are some people in the family I'm not that fond of, but all in all we're a pretty spectacular bunch of people. And while I do love a proper winter, getting away from it for a couple of weeks is great. And winter in Southern Finland tends to suck. And yes, the main reason I'm (most likely) going is that my mum wants to go. Labadee looks nice. I'm not holding my breath over getting any real wishlisters onbroad, but a few old school death metal bands and some girlie metal would be nice. I'd say my number one wish atm is Draconian and they were just announced for the Winter Days of Metal festival, so I'll get my chance to see them there.
    And, yes, number seven on my list is the frequent cruiser benefits. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:44 am

Memnoch wrote:2. Pre-cruise activities back on South Beach again

I missed the shenanigans on South Beach - good times, I take it? Probably still going to get a hotel in FLL and carpool down to the beach party. Just for convenience of getting to port in the morning.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

liser
    Petty Officer

by liser » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:12 am

Weighing in on the metal core thing. I find this interesting too. It just draws a different kind of person right? I love Parkway Drive, but I wouldn't want to see them on the boat. I saw them last time they were here and the crowd was so different from an average metal show. It wasn't good.
    Alestorm/Amon-Amarth/Arch-Enemy/Amorphis/Arkona/Blind-Guardian/Cancer-Bats/Cattle-Decapitation/Dimmu-Borgir/Dragonforce/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Equilibriumor/Fear-Factory/Finntroll/Gormathon/Hypocrisy/In-Extremo/Insomnium/Iron-Reagan/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Manowar/Mayan/Melechesh/Nashville-Pussy/Ne-Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Nightwish/Powerwolf/Rotting-Christ/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Soulfly/Stam1na/Suicidal-Tendencies/Tau-Cross/Triptykon/Turmion-Katilot/Wintersun
  • Damian
    Wiper

by Damian » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:35 am

Hey Rockers

Here is my wishliste.

1. Jungle Rot
    2. Six Feet Under
    3. Abbath
    4. Triptykon
    5. Holy Moses
    6. Forgotten Tomb
    7. Legion of the Damned

And maybe a little bit of Heavy Metal.

\m/
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:30 am

Godflesh wrote:There are only 7 reasons NOT to get excited about round 7:
    1. July
    2. August
    3. September
    4. October
    5. November
    6. December
    7. January

But yes seriously, what's the deal with the absence of metalcore (not that I'm complaining, to the contrary)?
    Is it because;
    b) It's an age thing
    ?

I think the answer is "Yes" :). Warped Tour is cheaper, at least for the fans.

2015 actually had one or two smaller metalcore bands (Adaliah and someone else from Florida?). I would love to have a couple metalcore acts on board this year, but I think I'm a minority, and also the odds of getting someone I really want to see probably suck (I can think of a couple acts who would probably do the boat for free, though. Or at least do it for Jager).

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:47 am

Godflesh wrote:But yes seriously, what's the deal with the absence of metalcore (not that I'm complaining, to the contrary)?
    Is it because;
    b) It's an age thing
    ?

I think it's a bit of both. Metalcore is almost exclusively a North American thing, and the primary demographic is younger.
    Since most of 70K's clientele comes from outside NA, it makes sense not to include too many bands from a genre without truly global reach...and where fewer fans have the financial wherewithal to afford 70K's not-exactly-cheap price-tag.

Then again, it's also possible that Andy just doesn't like metalcore. :lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:49 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Is it because;
    b) It's an age thing
    ?

I think it's a bit of both. Metalcore is almost exclusively a North American thing, and the primary demographic is younger.
    Since most of 70K's clientele comes from outside NA, it makes sense not to include too many bands from a genre without truly global reach...and where fewer fans have the financial wherewithal to afford 70K's not-exactly-cheap price-tag.

Then again, it's also possible that Andy just doesn't like metalcore. :lol:

I am MORE then fine with the lack of metalcore, and look forward to a largely metalcore free experience this year :)
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/-Violence-/
    metalWolf
    Oiler

by metalWolf » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:13 pm

7. actually there are at least 70000 reasons to get excited
    6. 60 bands and even more shows
    5. for me it's just round 5, so my round 7 will be in 2019 hopefully
    4. 4000 crazy metalheads (don't forget the bands)
    3. music+drinks+hot tub moshpits = metal fun ^3
    2. Meeting again all that friends from the last cruises
    1. That unique undescribable atmosphere

Now what about some band announciations!?!
    survived:2011(3091)&2012(2079)&2015(9397)&2016
    "Breakfast is the most important beer of the day"
    (Tony Kakko, pool stage 2011)

Alestorm-\-Arch.Enemy-\-Amon.Amarth.\.Amorphis-\-Children.of.Bodom-\-Dimmu.Borgir.\-Edguy-\-Hammerfall-\-Kamelot-\-Kataklysm-\-Korppiklaani-\-Nightwish-\-Orphaned.Land-\-Stratovarius-\-Tankard-\-Virgin.Steel-\-Blind.Guardian-\-Ensiferum-\-Iced.Earth-\-In.Legend-\-Moonspell-\-Sabaton-\-Soilwork-/-Axel.Rudi.Pell-/-Iced.Earth-/-Dimma-/-Ektomorf-/-Eläkeläiset-/-Fates.Warning-/-Kyuss.Lives-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Power.Quest-/-Powerwolf-/-Threshold-/-Van.Canto-/-VisionOfAtlantis-\-Volbeat-\-W.A.S.P.-\-Sodom?-\-Sonata.Arctica(but-they-MUST-play’White.Pearl’this-time!!!)
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:03 pm

Come on, Give us 7 reasons to get this party started!!!!
    1 - Amon Amarth
    2 - Atrophy
    3 - Demolition Hammer
    4 - Dismember
    5 - Entombed
    6 - Forced Entry
    7 - Vio-Lence

wow, I guess I am looking for thrash with a touch of death
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:19 pm

Azazel101 wrote:Come on, Give us 7 reasons to get this party started!!!!
    1 - Amon Amarth
    2 - Atrophy
    3 - Demolition Hammer
    4 - Dismember
    5 - Entombed
    6 - Forced Entry
    7 - Vio-Lence

wow, I guess I am looking for thrash with a touch of death

I would LOVE for Violence to be on board, but unless something has changed that I am not ware of...the band is no more. Both of the guitarist are now in Machine Head, and I don't believe Sean (the singer) is doing anything right now. Here is hoping I am wrong, I would love to see Violence play again some day. Last time I saw them was around 2002 or so. I don't believe they have done anything since.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/-Violence-/
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:45 am

You people think metalcore is a U.S. thing primarily? Better let those people in Brussels with some of the longest running labels for the genre know, as well as the Italian scene, and the German scene, and the British scene, and almost EVERY OTHER country as well as the people running festivals around Europe exclusively catering to the metallic hardcore and hardcore scenes.

For the record, I'd think most of you should know better...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • DanielRessel13
    Wiper

by DanielRessel13 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:21 pm

My first post and I hope my first 70k!

My wishlist:

Savatage
    Within Temptation
    Nightwish (aparently only in 2018)
    Jon Oliva's Pain
    Circle II Circle
    Tristania
    Xandria
    Therion
    Demons and Wizards
    Blind Guardian
    Grave Digger
    Galneryus
    Kamelot
    Sonata Arctica
    Helloween
    Edguy
    Avantasia
    Iron Savior
    Edenbridge
    Unisonic
    Wintersun
    Tarot
    Simphony X
    Dream Theater
    Opeth
    Sabaton
    3 Inches of Blood
    Korpiklaani
    In Extremo
    Ensiferum
    Finntroll
    Alestorm
    Battle Beast
    Testament
    Anthrax
    Angra
    Hibria
    Tuatha de Dannan
    Sepultura
    Voodoopriest
    Carcass
    Kreator
    Amon Amarth
    Arch Enemy
    The Black Dahlia Murder

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:37 pm

DanielRessel13 wrote:My first post and I hope my first 70k!

My wishlist:

Savatage
    Within Temptation
    Nightwish (aparently only in 2018)
    Jon Oliva's Pain
    Circle II Circle
    Tristania
    Xandria
    Therion
    Demons and Wizards
    Blind Guardian
    Grave Digger
    Galneryus
    Kamelot
    Sonata Arctica
    Helloween
    Edguy
    Avantasia
    Iron Savior
    Edenbridge
    Unisonic
    Wintersun
    Tarot
    Simphony X
    Dream Theater
    Opeth
    Sabaton
    3 Inches of Blood
    Korpiklaani
    In Extremo
    Ensiferum
    Finntroll
    Alestorm
    Battle Beast
    Testament
    Anthrax
    Angra
    Hibria
    Tuatha de Dannan
    Sepultura
    Voodoopriest
    Carcass
    Kreator
    Amon Amarth
    Arch Enemy
    The Black Dahlia Murder

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

How about you book the cruise instead of Andy. Great list (except that 3 Inches Of Blood is no longer with us, unfortunately. I loved that band!)
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:57 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:You people think metalcore is a U.S. thing primarily? Better let those people in Brussels with some of the longest running labels for the genre know, as well as the Italian scene, and the German scene, and the British scene, and almost EVERY OTHER country as well as the people running festivals around Europe exclusively catering to the metallic hardcore and hardcore scenes.

For the record, I'd think most of you should know better...

Good info, but then, why aren't there any metalcore band in any wish list? Statsman, can you confirm?

Personally, I only saw a metalcore band live twice:
    - Once, I found myself by accident at the exact center of a As I Lay Dying show moshpit right before it started. *BIG MISTAKE* :-) The show was good, though.
    - I watched a Killswitch Engage show from a VIP bar recently. Good show, but boring IMO.
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dethklok-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Frog.Leap-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:09 am

Well its hard for me to quantify as I don't know exactly which bands are metalcore or not.

BUT, looking through the combined wishlists that I have for some of the bands I consider metalcore like: Parkway Drive, Bring Me The Horizon, Trivium, Bullet For My Vallentine, Killswitch Engage, Unearth, Asking Alexandria.... there are very few requests.

2 for Unearth, 2 for Trivium, 1 for Killswitch and none for any of the others I list above.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:09 am

cowboy71 wrote:Well its hard for me to quantify as I don't know exactly which bands are metalcore or not.

BUT, looking through the combined wishlists that I have for some of the bands I consider metalcore like: Parkway Drive, Bring Me The Horizon, Trivium, Bullet For My Vallentine, Killswitch Engage, Unearth, Asking Alexandria.... there are very few requests.

2 for Unearth, 2 for Trivium, 1 for Killswitch and none for any of the others I list above.

I would have put Killswitch Engage (whom I'm finally getting to see at the end of August :D) and Asking Alexandria on my wishlist, but I know for a fact that they are not the kind of band that would draw large crowds on this cruise. They also just don't feel like they fit, for whatever reason.

General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:47 am

Americans seem much more protective of the genre's boundaries and appear less likely to cross them then they're European brethren. In the U.S. there's very little cross over between a Killswitch Engage crowd and an Iced earth Crowd. Based on what I've witnessed at European festivals, it seems these bands both enjoy much larger cross-over appeal.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:54 am

Thanks for holding off on those booking codes and announcements Andy!! Britain has voted to leave the EU and it looks like the markets are going into a bit of a free fall right now. British pound is down 10%, Canadian and Australian dollar dropped heavily overnight....and it looks like many other global currencies are tanking as well.....

I'm kicking myself for not opening a US dollar account and buying the money for the trip ahead of time....If the dollar keeps plunging it looks like this trip could end up costing us quite a bit more than it would have if we could have had everything booked a week or two ago...... :bitch:

Start announcing some wishlist bands TODAY though and all might be forgiven! :beerwink:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alkaloid-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Ash.Borer-/Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Barren.Earth-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Earth-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bolt.Thrower,(wishful.thinking)-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Cancer-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Coffins-/-Cormorant-/Corrosion.of.Conformity-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Damnation.Defaced-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-Desultory.(more.wishful.thinking)/-DISMEMBER.(wishful.thinking.that's.actually.possible.now!!!)-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Emperor-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Feral-/-FINNTROLL-/-Firespawn-/-Flotsam.&.Jetsam-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorguts-/-Gorod-/-Grand.Magus-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Graveworm-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hate.Eternal-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kadaver-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Profanal-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-Suffocation-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Tau.Cross-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:12 am

Hoppy McGee wrote:Thanks for holding off on those booking codes and announcements Andy!! Britain has voted to leave the EU and it looks like the markets are going into a bit of a free fall right now. British pound is down 10%, Canadian and Australian dollar dropped heavily overnight....and it looks like many other global currencies are tanking as well.....

I'm kicking myself for not opening a US dollar account and buying the money for the trip ahead of time..

I have a VISA card loaded with US currency.

The money on that has increased in value $300 Australian thanks to this :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:28 am

Market over reacting ,wait a few weeks now and problably won't be that bad.From UMC Corprate perpesctive this has to be interesting ,as for citizens of the United States he might have to lower his prices if this is a permanent move.So Cheers to Brexit!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:08 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Hoppy McGee wrote:Thanks for holding off on those booking codes and announcements Andy!! Britain has voted to leave the EU and it looks like the markets are going into a bit of a free fall right now. British pound is down 10%, Canadian and Australian dollar dropped heavily overnight....and it looks like many other global currencies are tanking as well.....

I'm kicking myself for not opening a US dollar account and buying the money for the trip ahead of time..

I have a VISA card loaded with US currency.

The money on that has increased in value $300 Australian thanks to this :D

Statsman, you are a wise man.

As for me, I kind of wish I'd done the same...

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:06 pm

Gotta say, I'm pretty happy about it :D

Although the Australian Dollar has rebounded a little bit today, its still worth 3 cents less almost than it was at its highest point yesterday.

In other news, 222 days to go!

We are now closer to sailing than we were when we got the first announcement for this year (which occurred with 224 days until sailing), and are only 7 days away from the 'record' set by the 2013 cruise when the first announcement occurred with 215 days to go.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:55 pm

I'm expecting an announcement this weekend (ha ha ha ha, such an optimist).

We're getting perilously close to the 4-months-to-pay-before-the-end-of-October mark.
    2020 Wishlist:
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:26 am

...hadn't we already had a few announcements last year at this time? seems like i had already decided to take the proverbial plunge and go. hoping the delay just means BETTER bands! but agreed, hoping for some announcements very, very soon. so antsy!! :metalguy:
    2019: Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:40 pm

spooky wrote:...hadn't we already had a few announcements last year at this time? seems like i had already decided to take the proverbial plunge and go. hoping the delay just means BETTER bands! but agreed, hoping for some announcements very, very soon. so antsy!! :metalguy:

Yes....but only just.

First ten bands got announced on the 25th with bookings opening on the 26th. So at this time we knew that Iced Earth, Lacuna Coil, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Dragonforce, Delain, At The Gates, Firewind, Turisas, Moonspell, Children of Bodom would be on broad.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:51 am

Guess we're setting a record this year! Whoo~!

I had figured for the past two weeks that an announcement was due any day now, especially since someone caught that October 27 was the last day for payment plans... maybe today?

Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:32 am

Yesterday's Facebook post from 70K was trolling/teasing pretty hard....asking us to fill in the blanks..."What do we want _____, When do we want it _____ ;) "

If we don't get something this week I'll be surprised....but then again I've been thinking that for the past three weeks... :lol:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alkaloid-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Ash.Borer-/Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Barren.Earth-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Earth-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bolt.Thrower,(wishful.thinking)-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Cancer-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Coffins-/-Cormorant-/Corrosion.of.Conformity-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Damnation.Defaced-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-Desultory.(more.wishful.thinking)/-DISMEMBER.(wishful.thinking.that's.actually.possible.now!!!)-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Emperor-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Feral-/-FINNTROLL-/-Firespawn-/-Flotsam.&.Jetsam-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorguts-/-Gorod-/-Grand.Magus-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Graveworm-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hate.Eternal-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kadaver-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Profanal-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-Suffocation-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Tau.Cross-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:23 am

Maryland Deathfest is about to announce the first set of bands and sell early bird tickets this Thursday.

I'm doing both, so this isn't a big deal, but for some they might have to choose between one or the other.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Warphine wrote:Maryland Deathfest is about to announce the first set of bands and sell early bird tickets this Thursday.
    I'm doing both, so this isn't a big deal, but for some they might have to choose between one or the other.

Hmm, this makes me think we'll see something before Thursday, based on the timing of the "big 10-band dump" last year.

"What do we want?"

Transparency!
    "When do we want it?"

NOW!

:lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:45 am

The only answers that ever come to mind when I hear the whatdowewant whendowewantit thing is "Time travel!" and "It's irrelevant!"
    2020 Wishlist: Boat, friends, bands, karaoke, hot, Sorrentos, Windjammer, coffee, Satan, love, alcohol.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:19 am

acidbasement wrote:The only answers that ever come to mind when I hear the whatdowewant whendowewantit thing is "Time travel!" and "It's irrelevant!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:26 pm

Time for some interesting comparisons!

By this date in previous years:

2011 cruise - we knew 19 bands
    2012 - knew 14 bands
    2013 - knew 11 bands
    2014 - knew 14 bands
    2015 - knew 21 bands
    2016 - knew 13 bands
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Post Reply 3266 posts