Post Reply 31 posts Page 1 of 1
pre-cruise activities
  • ivanrojasch
    Wiper

pre-cruise activities

by ivanrojasch » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:48 am

Hi

Last year was my first cruise, and I only arrived one day before so I only catched the beach party. I know there usually are other activities, such as a karaoke night or custome party.

Are the date and locations set for those events? Where can I find them?

thanks in advance
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

Re: pre-cruise activities

by slayergeek » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:48 am

They will be announced on the Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/587724367974425/
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    mike314
    Oiler

by mike314 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:28 pm

Those who are staying in Ft. Lauderdale (instead of going down to Miami) will be meeting up at RipTide on Hollywood Beach, the night before the cruise. So if that sounds like your things, come say Hi. :metalguy: :belly: :whisky:
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:21 am

mike314 wrote:Those who are staying in Ft. Lauderdale (instead of going down to Miami) will be meeting up at RipTide on Hollywood Beach, the night before the cruise. So if that sounds like your things, come say Hi. :metalguy: :belly: :whisky:

The wife and I are planing on staying in Ft. Lauderdale close to the port for the 31th and 1st. So we'll probably do that.
    :3drunks:
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:31 am

My buddy and I will be around the evening of the 1st. Getting into Ft Lauderdale that afternoon, renting a car and heading up to Rock n Roll Ribs for dinner. Will look into hitting up Riptide afterwards unless something else comes up.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:59 am

Masterbas wrote:The wife and I are planing on staying in Ft. Lauderdale close to the port for the 31th and 1st. So we'll probably do that.
    :3drunks:

I'll plan to meet you there - I'm flying in to FLL on the 31st and am making the judgement call to say in Hollywood Beach.

That said, if anyone else is staying on Hollywood beach but wants to share a cab down to the beach party on the 1st, I'd totally be down.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:02 am

Phoenix wrote:
    That said, if anyone else is staying on Hollywood beach but wants to share a cab down to the beach party on the 1st, I'd totally be down.

How much would a cab be? I'm just trying to gauge distance etc. - My Fiancee & I will be in Miami for a couple of nights after the 29th with designs to move up to FLL for a couple of nights pre-cruise,

That said we might just go where the crazies are, so it's not set in stone. (am looking to probably book hotels soon though)

It does seem though from what I understand, that even if we're in FLL on the 1st, - the Miami thang isn't totally out of reach..... which is cool
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:03 am

AceHugger wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

How much would a cab be? I'm just trying to gauge distance etc. - My Fiancee & I will be in Miami for a couple of nights after the 29th with designs to move up to FLL for a couple of nights pre-cruise,

That said we might just go where the crazies are, so it's not set in stone. (am looking to probably book hotels soon though)

It does seem though from what I understand, that even if we're in FLL on the 1st, - the Miami thang isn't totally out of reach..... which is cool

According to this... https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php ... 3889999999 it'll be about $50-70 US. Which split a couple ways is pretty ok. I used the hotel I'll probably book to get to the party.

I like the idea of Hollywood beach better because I like the Riptide, it's closer to port, and most importantly, TACO BAR.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:10 am

We took a standard cab from Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, which cost $85. On the way back we took an UBER, which was $35. The choice is clear.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:11 am

meshuggah wrote:We took a standard cab from Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, which cost $85. On the way back we took an UBER, which was $35. The choice is clear.

Yeah, but I'm Canadian. I don't know if there's a way I can download that app to work in the States.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:35 am

Phoenix wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:We took a standard cab from Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, which cost $85. On the way back we took an UBER, which was $35. The choice is clear.

Yeah, but I'm Canadian. I don't know if there's a way I can download that app to work in the States.

You can - I used it during Mardi Gras post boat this year. Really just requires data/wifi access and an account.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:51 am

klons wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

You can - I used it during Mardi Gras post boat this year. Really just requires data/wifi access and an account.

Yeah... I'm pretty sure someone from Finland was even talking about having used it on a different thread.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:11 pm

Downvod wrote:
    klons wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

Yeah... I'm pretty sure someone from Finland was even talking about having used it on a different thread.

I downloaded Uber and started using it after one TERRIBLE cab ride to the brewery tour. Had no problems at all, though needless to say I don't use it much now that I'm back in Calgary. It's pretty simple to use, and honestly in Florida it's really the way to go.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:58 pm

Phoenix wrote:

Excuse me but shouldn't that be "but I'm Canadian,Eh!"
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:15 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Excuse me but shouldn't that be "but I'm Canadian,Eh!"

... No. No it shouldn't be. I'm not from Newfoundland or Labrador.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:49 pm

Anyone else going to the Heat/Hawks game at the AAA on the 1st ?
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:44 am

Phoenix wrote:That said, if anyone else is staying on Hollywood beach but wants to share a cab down to the beach party on the 1st, I'd totally be down.

I found an hotel not to far from both the port and the airport (to the west), but I noticed afterward that distances were deceiving on google maps :p. It's a 2 hour walk from the port, even tho it looks really close. So I'm looking at getting a bus pass or something. There is a good bus service in Ft Lauderdale it seems.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:52 am

Masterbas wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:That said, if anyone else is staying on Hollywood beach but wants to share a cab down to the beach party on the 1st, I'd totally be down.

I found an hotel not to far from both the port and the airport (to the west), but I noticed afterward that distances were deceiving on google maps :p. It's a 2 hour walk from the port, even tho it looks really close. So I'm looking at getting a bus pass or something. There is a good bus service in Ft Lauderdale it seems.

Interesting. In 2015 enough of us were staying at the Hollywood Beach Hotel and Hostel that we just had several cabbies ferrying people to port four at a time - I think it was 10 bucks each to get dropped off RIGHT at the proper gate. I'm hoping for that again, because buses aren't reliable and Rule Number One is DON'T MISS THE FUCKING BOAT!!!

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:22 am

Actually I was wrong, it's a 5 km walk, not that bad. Takes an hour, but it could be fun, my wife loves walking. As long as it's not raining lol. Cab shouldn't be to expensive either if it's the case.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Red+Carpet+Inn+Airport+%2F+Cruise+Port/Port+Everglades/@26.087227,-80.1582469,4359m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0xd83c22fa6e10fbec!2m2!1d-80.1746068!2d26.0857223!1m5!1m1!1s0x88d9006eb9c72e23:0x17714a5f043362d6!2m2!1d-80.1246643!2d26.0937112!3e2
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

Things to see in FLL / Miami

by AceHugger » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:56 am

Help wanted.
    We're arriving from the UK into miami on the Sunday and so we have 3 1/2 days to see some shit in fort lauderdale or miami before the cruise.

Any ideas welcomed as neither me, nor my fiancee have ever been to Florida and so we want to see some culture as well as party.
    I want to do an airboat. I've done one from Nola, and really enjoyed it, so I'd like to do it again.
    Plus little Havana is on the list and some Florida beaches are an obvious draw.
    But we'd love any suggestions from fellow metalheads for cool things to do or see....

Also, if others are around at the same time send me a PM and maybe we can meet up.

Thanks in advance.

-Andy
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: Things to see in FLL / Miami

by Phoenix » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:00 pm

It's a small thing but I'm gonna mention it - Taco Bar. http://www.tacobeachshack.com/

Taco Beach Shack is attached to Hollywood Beach Hotel and Hostel, about 15 minutes south of the Riptide on Hollywood Beach. Great food, and when we were there in 2015 they had $2 tacos and $2 "margaritas" after 10pm. Delicious and cheap. It's my first stop when I get off the plane, lemme tell you.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    crazemidgt
    Crewman

by crazemidgt » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:49 pm

There's a NHL hockey game on the 31st. But I am Canadian so its a no brainer for me to be going.

Also Rock N Roll Ribs is a good place to go (part owned by Nicko McBrian).

It all depends on how far you are comfortable going.

Other than that I can't really say what else there is to do down there. Last time I was there it was just hang out on the board walk and drink.
    70K 2017 Cabin - 6232

70K Survivor - 2015
    Wacken - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    MetalDays - 2014
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:42 pm

If I had that kind of extra time in the area and could resign myself to the cost, I'd probably consider Disney or (more likely and cheaper) Universal Studios Florida. I keep hearing great things about their Harry Potter attractions.

But, time and money. :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • CFH
    Crewman

by CFH » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:21 pm

We are arriving on saturday 29th and have the following activites booked before the cruise:

- Renting a car and spending one night at Key West
    - Going to the Everglades for an airboat ride
    - Doing some fishing on a charter boat
    - NHL (We're Finns, so it's a no brainer for us as well..)

Plus on the last day before the cruise we are probably going to spend some time at the beach (FL) and possibly do Jungle Queen boat tour. Kind of touristy thing, I know, but it sets sail right next to our hotel and it seems like a nice and relaxing way to kill the time before the cruise.
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:05 pm

Pellaz wrote:If I had that kind of extra time in the area and could resign myself to the cost, I'd probably consider Disney or (more likely and cheaper) Universal Studios Florida. I keep hearing great things about their Harry Potter attractions.

Been to both Disney and Universal prior to the cruise this year. Disney is nice and all but if you only have time or money to do one thing head over to the Universal Studios, both parks are really cool, the Harry Potter stuff is amazing. Also queue times were pretty low, never had to wait longer than ~10 minutes for anything.
    Kennedy Space Center is also pretty cool to visit if you're around already. You'd probably have to fly up there though since it's about 4 hours by car.
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    Kay Healy
    Oiler

by Kay Healy » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:45 am

mbob wrote:My buddy and I will be around the evening of the 1st. Getting into Ft Lauderdale that afternoon, renting a car and heading up to Rock n Roll Ribs for dinner. Will look into hitting up Riptide afterwards unless something else comes up.

I never heard of this place till now! I will def be making a stop there for grub :deathhorns:
    Survivor 2016- 9283

2017 Wish list: Pagans Mind, Wintersun, Blind Guardian, Nekrogoblikon, Serenity, Sonata Arctica, Battle Beast, Nightwish, Ayreon, Symphony X, Alestorm, Whispered, Devin Townsend, Dark Tranquility, Opeth and many more
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:13 am

Thx all, there's some cool ideas here to mull over.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:10 pm

Owned by the Iron Maiden drummer...Nicko McBrain. If you are a Maiden fan it is definitely worth the trip!

Kay Healy wrote:
    mbob wrote:My buddy and I will be around the evening of the 1st. Getting into Ft Lauderdale that afternoon, renting a car and heading up to Rock n Roll Ribs for dinner. Will look into hitting up Riptide afterwards unless something else comes up.

I never heard of this place till now! I will def be making a stop there for grub :deathhorns:
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:21 am

We're arriving already on January 26th, and since my mum is coming with us and it's her first time in Florida, we'll do some touristy stuff before the cruise. Going to the Keys first, then staying in Little Havana for a couple of nights before heading to South Beach for some pre-cruise fun.
    We're going to Rock n Roll Ribs after the cruise and to the Panther Ridge Conservation Center (a big cat sanctuary) on the same day since they're both in the same direction.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    CyBeRiaNO
    Wiper

by CyBeRiaNO » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:11 am

Mark wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:If I had that kind of extra time in the area and could resign myself to the cost, I'd probably consider Disney or (more likely and cheaper) Universal Studios Florida. I keep hearing great things about their Harry Potter attractions.

Been to both Disney and Universal prior to the cruise this year. Disney is nice and all but if you only have time or money to do one thing head over to the Universal Studios, both parks are really cool, the Harry Potter stuff is amazing. Also queue times were pretty low, never had to wait longer than ~10 minutes for anything.
    Kennedy Space Center is also pretty cool to visit if you're around already. You'd probably have to fly up there though since it's about 4 hours by car.

That's exactly what we're going to do!

We are arriving (5 friends) from Argentina on Saturday 28th and we're going to Universal Studios the next day.

I've already rent a Dodge caravan minivan :bmhorns:

We plan to have lunch on Sunday 29 in Rock N Roll Ribs.

This trip is going to be awesome :D

We are returning to Miami Beach on Tuesday night to beach party the next day. :3drunks:
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:04 am

Precruise activity :whisky: :belly: :shots: :heavydrink:
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
Post Reply 31 posts Page 1 of 1