Post Reply 7 posts Page 1 of 1
A question about Haiti
    spooky
    Petty Officer

A question about Haiti

by spooky » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:21 pm

I do not mean this in any sort of a selfish manner, as my heart is breaking for the people of Haiti, Jamaica, and Cuba that will be affected by Matthew, but what happens if the port (Labadee) is demolished? Does RC change course and send us to a different port altogether? I personally do not care where we go, but this storm is a monster... :cry:
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SHOW US THE DATES!
    tritonx
    Oiler

Re: A question about Haiti

by tritonx » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Let's wait and see first before extrapolating, but I guess they sure couldn't send us to a destination that is not able to receive us and they have many other ports around there that could accommodate us easily I think. But since Labadee is their private part of the island I guess they will be able to fix much more quickly than the usual Haitian deadline...

I want to see Labadee, I don't really care about going just for one day into a typical Caribbean town, I just want a quick access to the beach, a drink, good food and metal.
    2015:8393 2016:2614 2017:8459
    2018:9513
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:59 pm

Not even close to being a problem.Labadee is located in the Northern part of the Island so with the storm coming from the South it will not being making an impact with a tidal surge.Really in the topics that is the worst that can happen.Also the actual hurricane force winds are in a very compact area and it looks as if neither Haiti,Cuba or Jamaica will see vast areas of wind damage area.The United States could see much worse because there have been very few impacts in the last 10 years.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:03 am

Near as I can make it, Labadee was about 120 miles east of the center of Matthew when it passed by (over the eastern tip of Cuba). Hurricane-force winds extended outward about 30 miles from the center, so Labadee should have just received tropical storm-force winds and probably a lot of rain. They'll have plenty of time to fix the damage, if any.
    I'm going on a regular cruise in a few days and there's a good chance that one of our ports, Half Moon Cay, sustained some damage. The hurricane is also going to pass dangerously close to Nassau, and I'm going there in a month. :shock:
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:23 am

Me thinks the concern should be for Florida cruise wise.The storm could go to the north of Port Everglades which would destroy many miles of coastline.If hotels and vacation destinations where wipe out in mass ,more people would be staying in the southern part of the coastline this winter.Flordia has gone soft and isn't really ready for a major hurricane with a large path of destruction.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    tritonx
    Oiler

by tritonx » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:33 pm

My parents are on their way to Florida in their motorhome, talk about bad timing.

We all told them, take your time, today they are leaving Washington DC, their final destination is FLL.
    2015:8393 2016:2614 2017:8459
    2018:9513
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:24 am

2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
Post Reply 7 posts Page 1 of 1