Post Reply 25 posts Page 1 of 1
Video tour of the ship
  • mjb7e
    Oiler

Video tour of the ship

by mjb7e » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:56 pm

I found this video that might be useful for people who haven't been aboard before:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDk0j-RyGbg
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

Re: Video tour of the ship

by Masterbas » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:36 am

Holy shit thanks :) this is awesome.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:13 pm

Wow! Thank you for sharing. I always wondered where some of these places were, for example Johnny Rockets!
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:31 pm

So the people going that have done both Majesty and the new ship.How long does it take not to be lost?The Majesty was my first cruise ever,it took about 2 days to figure out the ship but much smaller boat.Does being on cruises help you or is the ship so big ,it is like starting over.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:48 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:So the people going that have done both Majesty and the new ship.How long does it take not to be lost?The Majesty was my first cruise ever,it took about 2 days to figure out the ship but much smaller boat.Does being on cruises help you or is the ship so big ,it is like starting over.

It's more difficult to navigate this one as it isn't possible to walk from one end to the other on some decks. The Promenade will be your main artery and it is pretty easy to get to where you need to be from there, once you get your bearings.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:14 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:So the people going that have done both Majesty and the new ship.How long does it take not to be lost?The Majesty was my first cruise ever,it took about 2 days to figure out the ship but much smaller boat.Does being on cruises help you or is the ship so big ,it is like starting over.

It's more difficult to navigate this one as it isn't possible to walk from one end to the other on some decks. The Promenade will be your main artery and it is pretty easy to get to where you need to be from there, once you get your bearings.

The Promenade seems like a better central area than the weird split up design of the Majesty center.Looking though some of the info on the 70k page states Windjammer is not buffet style at dinner.Is all dinner sit down with waiters (not including Pizza Bar or additional fee Restaurants)?
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:31 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

The Promenade seems like a better central area than the weird split up design of the Majesty center.Looking though some of the info on the 70k page states Windjammer is not buffet style at dinner.Is all dinner sit down with waiters (not including Pizza Bar or additional fee Restaurants)?

Windjammer has been buffet style on every cruise so far. So unless there has been a major change over the last year, then it should still be the same. There are a couple of sit down restaurants ($$$) next to it.

Side note: I found the hours at the Windjammer to be very out of sync with my eating schedule last time. I'm sure it's the same hours it always had but they never seemed to be open when I wanted them to be.
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:13 am

There is a free sit down restaurant, the Romeo and Juliet Dinning room, deck 3. The top floor of it (deck 5) is the merch booth.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:52 am

I'd say two days would be about right to get your bearings on this one.

mooyagi wrote:It's more difficult to navigate this one as it isn't possible to walk from one end to the other on some decks. The Promenade will be your main artery and it is pretty easy to get to where you need to be from there, once you get your bearings.

Another artery we found useful last year was using Deck 10, right below the pool deck, to get from front to back near the top of the ship...this was especially useful when it was cold and windy that last day. It's just staterooms along the corridor so it was easy to get back and forth quickly.

If your stateroom is on Deck 3, you'll probably get turned around a lot. Ours was...and I did. You can't go through the middle of the ship on Deck 3.

Here's a site that has good deck plans: www.cruisedeckplans.com
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • CFH
    Crewman

by CFH » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:10 am

Haven't done Majesty, but take this from a guy whose legendary for getting lost (especially when drunk) among his friends: it's not hard to navigate at all. I studied the deck plans before the cruise and only remember losing my direction once and that was on the first day, when we were trying to get to Studio B from the forward of the ship on deck 3 (you need to get one deck up to be able to do that). What we did when we boarded and once we got to our stateroom, we spent half an hour checking out where all the stages and Windjammer were and that was pretty much it.

And Windjammer is buffet-style all the time.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:18 am

Not mentioned in the video -- surprisingly -- were the other places on the Promenade -- Sorrento's Pizza (24 hours...it's okayyy) and the Café (also 24 hours, and a bit better). Those are both free.
    There's also the Ben & Jerry's, plus the cupcake shop; those cost extra.

Windjammer is open for all three mealtimes but my buddy Rafael and I found that they seemed to know when we're coming and close up just as we get there. :evil:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:03 am

Pellaz wrote:Not mentioned in the video -- surprisingly -- were the other places on the Promenade -- Sorrento's Pizza (24 hours...it's okayyy) and the Café (also 24 hours, and a bit better). Those are both free.
    There's also the Ben & Jerry's, plus the cupcake shop; those cost extra.

Windjammer is open for all three mealtimes but my buddy Rafael and I found that they seemed to know when we're coming and close up just as we get there. :evil:

I am a pizza junkie... as in, I will eat any type of pizza, at any time of day... the one exception is Sorrento's. That is some seriously awful pizza. After trying it for the first time, I would start to feel queasy just walking by there and smelling it. I know they need to stick to a budget when serving free pizza around the clock, but come on... the pizza I get for $2.00 at the grocery store is gourmet in comparison.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:27 am

mjb7e wrote:I found this video that might be useful for people who haven't been aboard before:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDk0j-RyGbg

Thanks a million, mate. This looks so fucking amazing :headbanger:
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • mjb7e
    Oiler

by mjb7e » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:32 pm

What places are good to eat? What bars/pubs are good? What are the best music venues?
  • EastCostChick
    Oiler

by EastCostChick » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:33 pm

mjb7e wrote:What places are good to eat? What bars/pubs are good? What are the best music venues?

The best place to eat that is included in your ticket price is the Romeo & Juliet dining room. It is really nice, and has delicious meals. It is a fancy sit down restaurant and takes more time than the Windjammer, so plan on being at least an hour in there. It is also a great place to meet bands as you don't know who you'll be seated with so that is awesome. I met Cradle of Filth at the windjammer last year though so you never know. I haven't eaten at the other restaurants where you have to pay so I can't comment on them. Sorrento's pizza is the not the best but it is the only place open at 1am so that's pretty much the only reason to go there. The best shows happen on the pool deck and the All-Star jam is always amazing so don't miss that on day 4.
    Survivor years 2014/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2023/2024 booked :bangers:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:04 pm

Yeah that video helped,the Ice rink and Studio B location is interesting.The pool deck is going to take a lot longer to get do then The Majesty if you are switching between indoor/outdoor shows.The "going though the hotel corridor " trick on level 10 is a good idea.Think 70k just copied and pasted info on Windjammer at dinner.On a regular cruise it does switch to waiters at dinner.I see that the Main Dining Halls on level 3,4 and 5 are called by different names.Are all three open for the cruise?And if not ,are some used for Meet and Greet /Merch sales?
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:36 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:I see that the Main Dining Halls on level 3,4 and 5 are called by different names.Are all three open for the cruise?And if not ,are some used for Meet and Greet /Merch sales?

Bottom floor is open, top floor is merch, and I believe the middle is unused.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:55 am

mjb7e wrote:What places are good to eat? What bars/pubs are good? What are the best music venues?

All we had time for was the buffet... a quick run through to eat and re-charge. The ice rink/studio B bar and the pub have the best beer selection.
    As far as venues go, they are all great except for the Lounge. You can't see anything in there unless you are right up front on the rail. I would plan all of your must see shows in one of the other three venues. I was over concerned with seeing everything on the pool deck last year, but some of my most memorable shows were actually in the ice rink. The sound is great everywhere.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:28 am

That deck 10 tip is a good one. I'll have to try and remember that. As for dining, we always try and make at least one trip to the formal dining room for fancy dinner. It's always fun and the food is of much better quality than at the buffet or that horrible pizza. It usually takes between 60 to 90 minutes so it's not always easy to work into the schedule.

For venues on this class of ship, I enjoyed the ice rink the most in 2015 and the theater in 2016. Didn't spend as much time up at the pool stage as normal last year. It's more cramped than on the Majesty and the obstacles and uneven floor can be rather bothersome. The lounge is pretty bad if you want to actually see the bands perform.

For the question about bars, the Dog & Badger Pub is the best. It has a larger beer selection and the patio area right on the promenade is a good spot to people watch. Unfortunately, it was very smoky in there on the last cruise. The other place I like going is the Schooner Bar. It's not as good as the Schooner Bar on the Majesty, but it's still a nice spot to relax and have a drink.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:25 am

Downvod wrote:I am a pizza junkie... as in, I will eat any type of pizza, at any time of day... the one exception is Sorrento's. That is some seriously awful pizza. After trying it for the first time, I would start to feel queasy just walking by there and smelling it. I know they need to stick to a budget when serving free pizza around the clock, but come on... the pizza I get for $2.00 at the grocery store is gourmet in comparison.

I'm really surprised at how crappy the pizza is, considering Royal is a pricier cruise line compared to Norwegian or Carnival....hell, Carnival has some of the lowest prices around and their pizza is now pretty awesome, plus they have other stuff available there for a few hours during late-night. (Why the FUCK can't Royal have a deli open until 11 pm like Carnival does?)

Someone mentioned that there was nothing else to eat besides pizza at 1 am...but as I recall the Promenade Cafe is open 24 hours and has small sandwiches and treats (those cheesecake-on-a-stick things are really good).
    Also, Johnny Rockets should be open late again. Two years ago they were open until 5 am. There's a flat cover charge but if you come hungry they'll take care of ya.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:28 am

The Windjammer was open last year during nighttime. They had pizza, hamburgers and hot dogs. I hope they do the same this year.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:57 am

If you have time, try to eat in the Main Dining Room (Deck 3) at least once. (And enjoy the fact that you don't have to get too dressed up in there, as you would on a 'normal' cruise. :twisted: )
    I thought the Indy's buffet offerings last year were a lot better than Liberty's the year before. As on any cruise, it will be VERY crowded during embark-day lunch. Deck 11.
    I never tried any of the for-fee restaurants (Chops Grill, Giovanni's Table, Deck 11) except for Johnny Rocket's on Deck 12, which was good and open late-night (I think it's a $7 cover charge but you can get as much as you want; shakes cost extra).
    Sorrento's Pizza (Deck 5) is....there. And it's free. And it's 24 hours. Beyond that, there is little to recommend it.
    The Promenade Cafe (Deck 5 midships) is a pretty good place to people-watch and they have small sandwiiches, casual snacks, coffee (free), pastries, soda service, etc. Open 24 hours.

I'm not much of a drinker so asking me about bars is like asking a fish about their favorite bicycle, but the Dog & Badger (Deck 5) is a good bet for beers and whiskey (except for smoke, as smoking is allowed there).
    For people-watching, that's a good one, plus Bolero's (Deck 4) and the bar outside Studio B (Deck 3), which doesn't have a name. (I guess it's the On-Air Club bar? Whatever, but it was good enough for Corpsegrinder....)

Best music venue for moshing is Studio B...it's a pretty awesome venue all-round. There really isn't enough room in the theater for it. (We were surprised to see how little floor space was available in the theater when 70K was boasting "We took out all the seats....")

The theater and the pool-deck are both pretty good, but the pool-deck stage IS weather-dependent and if it gets windy or rainy, as it did last year, it might have to shut down. That sucked.
    2025 Wishlist:
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:17 am

Romeo and Juliet restaurant... Can't wait to spend some time there for their AWESOME garlic soup (I can have dozens of it every cruise and it's never enough)
    2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 and 2023 survivor

Favorite bands: Amorphis - Samael - Moonspell - Blind Guardian - Therion - Paradise Lost - Rammstein - Avantasia - Helloween
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:00 pm

MonicaMM wrote:Romeo and Juliet restaurant... Can't wait to spend some time there for their AWESOME garlic soup (I can have dozens of it every cruise and it's never enough)

And one can meet cool fellow cruisers, there, too.....like you, for example. :beerwink:
    2025 Wishlist:
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:50 pm

Pellaz wrote:And one can meet cool fellow cruisers, there, too.....like you, for example. :beerwink:

Hell yeah! And this time Im not gonna run from a stage to another 18h/day as I did last year without meeting/talking to old and new friends (like we did in 2015)

Having a seat and waiting for the fancy dinner is a good opportunity to meet cool people - like you, for example! hahah :cheers:
    2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 and 2023 survivor

Favorite bands: Amorphis - Samael - Moonspell - Blind Guardian - Therion - Paradise Lost - Rammstein - Avantasia - Helloween
Post Reply 25 posts Page 1 of 1