Post Reply 43 posts
Energy substances?
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Energy substances?

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:57 am

I'm posting this also on Facebook but I think this thread might be of general interest here too.

The lineup is getting fucking crazy so I see I won't be getting any sleep. I might need a little boost here. What legal substances can you recommend, that i can get onbroad, and will keep me awake and energized? I don't want to spend more money on Red Bull than on beer...

Thanks!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

Re: Energy substances?

by Yippee38 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:07 am

I've used ZippFizz http://www.zipfizz.com/ when I've been having trouble keeping my eyes open. It's pretty much natural, and it works well. I think the energy mostly comes from vitamin B-12 and caffeine from green tea. It tastes like Kool-Aid, but doesn't have much sugar in it. You can get a box of it at Costco (if you have access to that), and since it's in small tubes, it easy to carry a bunch of them.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:17 am

Yippee38 wrote:I've used ZippFizz http://www.zipfizz.com/ when I've been having trouble keeping my eyes open. It's pretty much natural, and it works well. I think the energy mostly comes from vitamin B-12 and caffeine from green tea. It tastes like Kool-Aid, but doesn't have much sugar in it. You can get a box of it at Costco (if you have access to that), and since it's in small tubes, it easy to carry a bunch of them.

Interesting, thanks!! Can I find it in, let's say, regular shops/supermarkets? How easy to find is a Costco? I'm not american, and I will be landing in Miami on the 31st, so the best I can do is find a supermarket they day before we depart.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:26 am

bodomdragon wrote:I'm posting this also on Facebook but I think this thread might be of general interest here too.

The lineup is getting fucking crazy so I see I won't be getting any sleep. I might need a little boost here. What legal substances can you recommend, that i can get onbroad, and will keep me awake and energized? I don't want to spend more money on Red Bull than on beer...

Thanks!

Plus, Red Bull is just plain bad for you. I know a guy who drank it all day because he owned a production company and -- imagine that -- bands really like to put Red Bull in their contract riders, so he always had a lot of Red Bull handy. It damaged his esophagus so badly he had to be hospitalized. :shock:

Coffee -- and lots of it -- would be the first, most obvious choice. Remember that the Promenade Cafe should have [fairly decent] coffee available 24 hours. For (presumably) stronger stuff, I thought there was a specialty coffee shop (Seattle's Best?) on the Promenade, but I don't see it on the deck plans at Royal's website or at http://www.cruisedeckplans.com, so maybe it was only on Liberty? :?

I hate coffee, so I'll have to make do with Diet Coke. :twisted:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:36 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Yippee38 wrote:I've used ZippFizz http://www.zipfizz.com/ when I've been having trouble keeping my eyes open. It's pretty much natural, and it works well. I think the energy mostly comes from vitamin B-12 and caffeine from green tea. It tastes like Kool-Aid, but doesn't have much sugar in it. You can get a box of it at Costco (if you have access to that), and since it's in small tubes, it easy to carry a bunch of them.

Interesting, thanks!! Can I find it in, let's say, regular shops/supermarkets? How easy to find is a Costco? I'm not american, and I will be landing in Miami on the 31st, so the best I can do is find a supermarket they day before we depart.

The nearest Costco is in Orlando, pretty far away from FLL, plus you have to be a member to shop there. Sam's Club, another membership warehouse place, has a location in Doral, FL, which is south of Miami. Both had prices of around $1 per tube/serving. The price on Wal-Mart.com was $32 for 20 tubes. :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:46 am

Wops... that doesn't help much, then. I bet I could visit a Walmart and get one of those boxes if my three roomates are interested in sharing :D

I know coffee is always an option, but the one we have onbroad feels and tastes like dirty water to me, so I wonder how much caffeine I can find in one of those glasses... It is a good measure of last resort, but I'm trying to figure out if I can lay hands on something a little bit stronger.
    Wishlist:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:17 am

I've found that the "5 hour energy shots" that can be bought from pretty much anywhere in the US work well for me.

http://5hourenergy.com/

Taste hideous, but they do definitely keep me going to the small hours :)

You can't get them on boad, but any convenience store, pharmacy etc in Fort Lauderdale or Miami sell them. I always buy half a dozen to keep me going :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:20 am

Thanks! After everything I've read here and on Facebook, I think I'll definitely go for the 5 hour energy shots.
    Wishlist:

SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:55 am

What we did on the 2015 cruise was bring a duffle bag and put a case of water and a case of red bull in it. Checked it in no problem. Then used the duffle bag for dirty clothes. Worked out great. We will do the same this year

I know red bull is bad for you, but this is an unusual situation. I don't drink it much at all otherwise.
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:57 am

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018561VXK/re ... Bhyde&th=1

I tried dozens of pre-workout supplements for energy over the years. Nothing comes close to Mr. Hyde. I can drink a five hour energy shot and go to bed in a half hour. This? This will make you run through a brick wall.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:07 am

General Zod wrote:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018561VXK/ref=sr_ph_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1484312072&sr=sr-1&keywords=mr%2Bhyde&th=1

I tried dozens of pre-workout supplements for energy over the years. Nothing comes close to Mr. Hyde. I can drink a five hour energy shot and go to bed in a half hour. This? This will make you run through a brick wall.

OK, this looks terryfingly intense to me :D I think we will settle with the 5 hour energy shots :D
    Wishlist:

• macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:37 am

Pellaz wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

The nearest Costco is in Orlando, pretty far away from FLL, plus you have to be a member to shop there. Sam's Club, another membership warehouse place, has a location in Doral, FL, which is south of Miami. Both had prices of around $1 per tube/serving. The price on Wal-Mart.com was $32 for 20 tubes. :shock:

Uh, what? There's a Costco at University and 595, less than 10 miles directly west of the port. Sam's Club has a location in Sunrise about 20 minutes from the port.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:47 am

bodomdragon wrote:OK, this looks terryfingly intense to me :D I think we will settle with the 5 hour energy shots :D

LMAO. Yeah, it is a bit.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:03 am

Find a supplement shop, there are some exceptional thermogenic energy supplements out there
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:09 am

so meth is out of question then...
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:51 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Find a supplement shop, there are some exceptional thermogenic energy supplements out there

Any suggestions for something that isn't Red Bull? I'm interested, although I have a pretty low tolerance for the taste of energy drinks.

FWIW, I typically invest in a couple of the boat specialty coffees. Completely worth the money. I also brush off the yoga nidra practice, and while the claims that it's as good as 4 hours' sleep are total bs, it's actually a good way to feel rested if you have a short break between sets. Yes, I realize that admitting this makes me a complete hippie :lol:

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:52 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Find a supplement shop, there are some exceptional thermogenic energy supplements out there

Any suggestions for something that isn't Red Bull? I'm interested, although I have a pretty low tolerance for the taste of energy drinks.

FWIW, I typically invest in a couple of the boat specialty coffees. Completely worth the money. I also brush off the yoga nidra practice, and while the claims that it's as good as 4 hours' sleep are total bs, it's actually a good way to feel rested if you have a short break between sets. Yes, I realize that admitting this makes me a complete hippie :lol:

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:12 pm

Pellaz wrote:Coffee -- and lots of it -- would be the first, most obvious choice. Remember that the Promenade Cafe should have [fairly decent] coffee available 24 hours. For (presumably) stronger stuff, I thought there was a specialty coffee shop (Seattle's Best?) on the Promenade, but I don't see it on the deck plans at Royal's website or at http://www.cruisedeckplans.com, so maybe it was only on Liberty? :?

Cafe Promenade serves Seattle's Best coffee. The specialty coffees there are an extra fee. Just order at the counter and grab a free pastry or sandwich.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:20 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:

well, different people have different results from different supplements... I've had good luck with Lipo 6 Black Ultra, they have gender specific formulas and it works incredibly well for me on the energy level front
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • demonsac
    Wiper

by demonsac » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Any chance monster drinks on board?? If not i might have to try my luck...
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:40 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:

If you do this in the cabin I'll make of you and also try it out, not sure what order
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:57 pm

alex_canada wrote:
    If you do this in the cabin I'll make of you and also try it out, not sure what order

What will you make of her?
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:14 pm

The fun
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:50 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:

Tell us about this yoga nidra, dude
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:14 pm

macamatic wrote:Uh, what? There's a Costco at University and 595, less than 10 miles directly west of the port. Sam's Club has a location in Sunrise about 20 minutes from the port.

Weird. I checked both Costco and Sam's Club's websites for their locations near FLL and Miami and they coughed up those locations I mentioned. I thought it was weird that neither club had more than 3 locations in S. Florida, though.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:33 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Coffee -- and lots of it -- would be the first, most obvious choice. Remember that the Promenade Cafe should have [fairly decent] coffee available 24 hours. For (presumably) stronger stuff, I thought there was a specialty coffee shop (Seattle's Best?) on the Promenade, but I don't see it on the deck plans at Royal's website or at http://www.cruisedeckplans.com, so maybe it was only on Liberty? :?

Cafe Promenade serves Seattle's Best coffee. The specialty coffees there are an extra fee. Just order at the counter and grab a free pastry or sandwich.

(I think Liberty might have had a free-standing Seattle's Best, then. I'd swear I remember it from somewhere.....)

The "Refreshment" drink package -- which was offered last year to us along with the "just-soda" package -- includes premium coffees and teas for free, as well as bottled still and sparkling waters, fresh-squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails, and sodas plus the souvenir soda cup. Royal's site doesn't mention if energy drinks are included, but they might be. That might not be a bad way to go.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:52 pm

Coffee -- and lots of it -- Promenade Cafe
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:15 am

I use my sheer will to stay energized. Don't drink soda and never had coffee in my life.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Astraea
    Wiper

by Astraea » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:00 am

Google "polyphasic sleep schedule" -- essentially a 20 min nap every 4 hours. (having an inside cabin helps!)

Also, if you cut out the caffeine and energy drinks now, they'll have much more of an effect by the time we get on the boat.
    2017: Booked!
    2015: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:58 pm

I bringing a bottle of liquid B-12 drops and will eat a carb limited diet on the ship.Stay away from the Pizza ,eat eggs ,salmon and fresh fruits as much as you can,I still do coffee but not in the morning to wake up,maybe some at 2 in the afternoon on.I don't ever drink soda or any energy drinks.They tear up my stomach,never any pain relievers or antacids neither.Your stomach bacteria in balance is a big part of mental energy.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:54 pm

I dunno, my secret to staying awake is constantly being drunk :shock:
    Having a good breakfast is key, but afterwards I just keep drinking beer and cider all day, staying drunk but not getting shitfaced. That way I don't have any problems staying awake but also don't have any problems falling asleep once I'm back at the cabin.
    ...Man reading that again it really sounds like I have a major drinking problem :lol:
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
  • Thrashmania
    Crewman

by Thrashmania » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:26 pm

Kingslayer wrote:
    captaingabbeh wrote:

I Google imaged it. All I saw was people on lying down on their backs. I think Yoga Nidra is just fancy words for a nap.
    70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:59 am

Mark wrote:I dunno, my secret to staying awake is constantly being drunk :shock:
    Having a good breakfast is key, but afterwards I just keep drinking beer and cider all day, staying drunk but not getting shitfaced. That way I don't have any problems staying awake but also don't have any problems falling asleep once I'm back at the cabin.
    ...Man reading that again it really sounds like I have a major drinking problem :lol:

Sounds like you might be Finnish. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:35 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    Mark wrote:I dunno, my secret to staying awake is constantly being drunk :shock:

Sounds like you might be Finnish. :lol:

There ain't broblem if there's enough beer
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Bob wrote:Coffee -- and lots of it -- Promenade Cafe

While we're on the subject.
    Is coffee included onbroad or is just food in the buffet style restaurant?

I'm sure I saw somewhere that there are coffee packages (and soft drinks packages for that matter)

Are none of these included?

Edit: I saw Pellaz's post about talking about these .
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:06 pm

After looking though some posts I found the reason for th "Cafe Select " card ,RC removed the coffee drinks from their unlimited beverage package.Here is a blog with a picture of the punch card http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/categ ... /starbucks ,it is a bit confusing because The Cafe Select card cannot be used at an actual Starbucks kiosk,which the Independence of The Seas doesn't have.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:03 pm

AceHugger wrote:
    Bob wrote:Coffee -- and lots of it -- Promenade Cafe

While we're on the subject.
    Is coffee included onbroad or is just food in the buffet style restaurant?

I'm sure I saw somewhere that there are coffee packages (and soft drinks packages for that matter)

Are none of these included?

Edit: I saw Pellaz's post about talking about these .

Just to clear up any confusion, only specialty coffees carry a fee. Those are purchased at the Cafe Promenade counter. Your basic coffee is covered in the cost of your cabin. Cafe Promenade has a self serve coffee setup like you'd find in most hotels available 24 hours a day. There are also stations at the Windjammer Cafe and I believe Sorrentos Pizza. Not sure if anywhere else has it.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • yardleybates
    Oiler

by yardleybates » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:58 pm

General Zod wrote:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018561VXK/ref=sr_ph_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1484312072&sr=sr-1&keywords=mr%2Bhyde&th=1

Do you take this for energy only sans workout ever? Curious
    2020 Wishlist Amorphis / Demons & Wizards / Gojira / Nightmare
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:23 pm

Thrashmania wrote:
    Kingslayer wrote:
    captaingabbeh wrote:

I Google imaged it. All I saw was people on lying down on their backs. I think Yoga Nidra is just fancy words for a nap.

Basically it's meditation... or a nap if you fall asleep ;).

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

• snibbling
    Wiper

by snibbling » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:13 pm

SavaRon wrote:What we did on the 2015 cruise was bring a duffle bag and put a case of water and a case of red bull in it. Checked it in no problem. Then used the duffle bag for dirty clothes. Worked out great. We will do the same this year

I know red bull is bad for you, but this is an unusual situation. I don't drink it much at all otherwise.

Are we allowed to bring water/canned soda with us onboard? Or were you lucky with getting it through?
Post Reply 43 posts