Post Reply 140 posts
Cripper Award 2017 Official Thread
  • Which band should win the 2017 CRIPPER AWARD?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:30 pm

CRYPTEX
    1%
    DALRIADA
    34%
    STRIKER
    9%
    TOTAL DEATH
    22%
    TOUCH THE SUN
    1%
    WITCHTRAP
    33%
    TRAUMA
    No votes

Total votes: 302
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: Cripper Award 2017 Official Thread

by deathmetalpat » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:13 pm

With about 12 hours left to vote ,there are more votes than last year total for the poll.And with about twice as many Cripper bands last year ,that is surprising.With 11 bands to vote for it was easier to see a Cripper band last year and the poll would have gotten more votes.I saw Witchtrap play in the lounge,hope the votes are for The Ice Rink show because the one I saw was decent but not memorable.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • WitchtrapSucks35
    Wiper

by WitchtrapSucks35 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:33 pm

You're welcome.
  • Leyend
    Wiper

by Leyend » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:35 am

:shred: I like Witchtrap
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:54 am

Uhhh, well this was very sudden. What happened?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • DarkrossFilth
    Wiper

by DarkrossFilth » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:19 am

:death: Witchtrap is my Cripper winner for 2017!
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:12 am

Phoenix wrote:Uhhh, well this was very sudden. What happened?

Someone created 35 users last night (Witchtrapsucks1-35) to vote for Dalraida. This one person through the poll off worse than before.

I say there should be no winner this year. Too many shenanigans by the top three vote getters.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:27 am

Fear not... now someone's creating users to vote for Witchtrap again! They've received like 10 votes over the last hour, and still counting. Seems like it won't stop until they pass Dalriada again.

Seriously, this is the stupidest thing ever. Please either give it to Dalriada (they were the winners before all this shit happened) or leave it void.

Seriously.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:29 am

Sgt. B wrote:Someone created 35 users last night (Witchtrapsucks1-35) to vote for Dalraida. This one person through the poll off worse than before.

I say there should be no winner this year. Too many shenanigans by the top three vote getters.

Ah. Yup, I agree with that. Either that or we subtract 35 votes from Dalriada. Or give it to Striker.

Full disclosure, I voted for Dalriada, so I don't feel comfortable strongly saying "yeah let's give it to Dalriada because they're trying to be honest and have the most votes otherwise".

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:35 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:Someone created 35 users last night (Witchtrapsucks1-35) to vote for Dalraida. This one person through the poll off worse than before.

Ah. Yup, I agree with that. Either that or we subtract 35 votes from Dalriada. Or give it to Striker.

Full disclosure, I voted for Dalriada, so I don't feel comfortable strongly saying "yeah let's give it to Dalriada because they're trying to be honest and have the most votes otherwise".

I voted for Striker (I couldn't even watch a single set from Dalriada, shame on me), but it would not make any sense to remove 35 votes from Dalriada and leave Witchtrap untouched. I mean, that would be even more unfair.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:43 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

I voted for Striker (I couldn't even watch a single set from Dalriada, shame on me), but it would not make any sense to remove 35 votes from Dalriada and leave Witchtrap untouched. I mean, that would be even more unfair.

I voted for Witchtrap & still think they along with Total Death & Dalraida should be disqualified. I prefer to leave this year without a winner.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:48 am

Dalriada have done nothing wrong. There was only this one guy who had nothing better to do than create 35 fake accounts to vote for them. They have not been involved in this.

One cannot say the same about Total Death and Witchtrap, who have been begging their fans to register on this forum and vote.

So, I wouldn't disqualify Dalriada because one random idiot had a boring evening.

BUT, all in all, probably leaving the award void is what makes more sense after all.

BTW, Witchtrap keep getting votes, 15 and counting over the last hour and a half or so. I'm sure those are honest votes *rolls eyes*
    Wishlist:

• Witch
    Wiper

by Witch » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:35 am

We think is this case the band who really deserves the Cripper Award is TRAUMA. (0 votes)
    even TRAUMA it's the most historical band among all of us, it was the very first band where Cliff Burton played before MetallicA.
    after seeing all this jealousy attitude from followers of Dalriada specially and some few from Total Death and even Witchtrap's, this in unbelievable and awful situation, where the Metalheads are spreading envy, rage and fury against other metaheads, ohh satan lord what the hell is going on here?, it supposed all metalheads are a big family and all the sailors on #70000tonsofmetal #UMC are a big family, so what is this a stupid fighting for just a simple poll for an award?. come on metal friends, we need to leave this attittude out of our amazing Metalbrotherhood that has given to each metalhead the best thing to each one of our lifes.
    actually this people is fulled and charged of envy, that is a big shame for Metal community.
    we invite you to change our minds in order to be ONE and realize that we are ONE. :metalguy: :deathmetal: :death: :shred: :viking: :givebeer: :beerhorns: :bangers: :bmhorns: :wank: :beerbang: :headbanger:
    as #witchtrap said in one of our songs "United We Stand, In The Metal Army March".
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:00 am

LOL.

No, man. This is just a bunch of us trying to keep a nice and "homemade" award honest and true to its principles. Don't use the words 'envy', 'rage', 'fury' or 'jealousy' so lightly.
    Wishlist:

• Witch
    Wiper

by Witch » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:16 am

lol too
    tell me, how you could named to someone who has created many times accounts with the name witchtrapsucks??
    is that a lovely way to name a band?? if so, maybe I live in a different world than you.
    Anyway win who wins this poll is well deserved, I'm sure all the bands made a great show on board, cause I saw them all at least once.
    So, the best vibes to all the bands on this poll and best success to each one of them in near future and forward.
    :shred: :shred: :shred:
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:31 am

Witch wrote:tell me, how you could named to someone who has created many times accounts with the name witchtrapsucks??
    is that a lovely way to name a band?? if so, maybe I live in a different world than you.

At least they're honest about manipulating the vote. Can you honestly say that you didn't create a bunch of accounts so you could win?
    Last edited by ExtraneouS on Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:31 am

bodomdragon wrote:Dalriada have done nothing wrong. There was only this one guy who had nothing better to do than create 35 fake accounts to vote for them. They have not been involved in this.

One cannot say the same about Total Death and Witchtrap, who have been begging their fans to register on this forum and vote.

In hindsight, I guess we can't really prove that the bored guy wasn't in Dalriada, can we. I would just feel bad if it wasn't them and we had to disqualify them for something they did NOT do. The small but relevant difference. But Sgt B is right, it wouldn't be fair to disqualify Total Death and Witchtrap and not Dalriada. Should we make an official motion to declare this vote null and void?

Witch wrote:We think is this case the band who really deserves the Cripper Award is TRAUMA. (0 votes)
    after seeing all this jealousy attitude from followers of Dalriada specially and some few from Total Death and even Witchtrap's, this in unbelievable and awful situation, where the Metalheads are spreading envy, rage and fury against other metaheads, ohh satan lord what the hell is going on here?

I invite you to vote for Trauma if you think they deserve the award. As for "awful situation", yes, this is why we don't like it when fans are called upon to flood the forums with votes any which way. If there was a chance we could prove that the guy who registered 35 accounts to vote for Dalriada was in fact a member of Dalriada (I REALLY do not think that's the case but let's talk hypothetical) we'd be upset at Dalraida too.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:51 am

Well this thread escalated quickly. Does the winner still get 70k jackets or whatever? Until its umc controlled I'd say disband altogether. Same shit will probably happen next year too.
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:05 pm

I had an idea from preventing this from happening again. What if, someone was to make a Google Form to vote in, instead of voting in the forum, and one of the fields to fill out would be to put in your forum username. This way, we could disallow any votes from accounts that were created after the poll was open. Granted, we would need to find someone with too much time on their hands to cross check every vote, but it's the only way I can think of to have a fair vote without UMC doing it for us.
  • estefmg
    Wiper

by estefmg » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:20 pm

I like the idea that someone suggested: creating a FB group which you can only be allowed in if you show a pic of you on this year's cruise or the cruise pass or something. Then and only then will the votes count. And I agree that disqualifying Total Death and Witchtrap but not Dalriada doesn't seem fair.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:24 pm

Both of these ideas sound all right; the problem I have with the Facebook group is that I don't use my real name on Facebook, and naturally my SeaPass uses my real name. I think the google form is a better solution, we just need someone that's isn't me to do it. I don't have an assload of time lol

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:27 pm

Maybe we should get the WitchtrapSucks guy to do it, since he clearly has a bunch of free time. :lol:
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:49 pm

All that said, Britta, no awarding things this year until things are sorted out (since the poll is supposed to close in 40 minutes) :roll:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:51 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:I had an idea from preventing this from happening again. What if, someone was to make a Google Form to vote in, instead of voting in the forum, and one of the fields to fill out would be to put in your forum username. This way, we could disallow any votes from accounts that were created after the poll was open.

Keep in mind that someone who's new to the forum isn't necessarily new to the cruise. All (or some) of these forum newbie Witchtrap fans could actually have been on the cruise for all we know.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • WitchtrapSucks45
    Wiper

by WitchtrapSucks45 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:22 pm

For the record, I'm not in Dalriada. But I cant prove it as I'm not going to say who I am.

I'm doing this because I want the right band to win. Dalriada seemed to be the favorite before the vote brigading began, so they should be the ones to win. There is talk of DQ'ing Witchtrap and Total Death so Dalriada will win, so I decided stop pussyfooting around it, spam the votes, so we don't need to debate it.
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:08 pm

WitchtrapSucks45 wrote:I'm doing this because I'm an idiot with an IQ below 70

FTFY

Always the same old story, hundreds/thousands of nice people having fun together, and you just need a bunch of morons to spoil everything.
    Last edited by TPH on Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:08 pm

WitchtrapSucks45 wrote:I'm doing this because I want the right band to win. Dalriada seemed to be the favorite before the vote brigading began, so they should be the ones to win.

On this, I agree.

There is talk of DQ'ing Witchtrap and Total Death so Dalriada will win, so I decided stop pussyfooting around it, spam the votes, so we don't need to debate it.

Sadly, two wrongs don't make it right....it just complicates matters.
    At this point I think the general consensus will be to scrap the award entirely for 2017 (which sucks for Dalriada and really, all the bands who qualified as Cripper nominees) and -- hopefully -- find a way to tighten the voting process for next year.

I don't see any easy way to do that unless UMC includes it in the Survivors' Survey. Requiring a forum username with each vote would also allow "poaching" someone else's username...it's not like they're secret or anything. We'd have no way of knowing if a particular vote belonged to that user or not...unless "Memnoch" voted for Sabaton or something. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:18 pm

estefmg wrote:I like the idea that someone suggested: creating a FB group which you can only be allowed in if you show a pic of you on this year's cruise or the cruise pass or something. Then and only then will the votes count. And I agree that disqualifying Total Death and Witchtrap but not Dalriada doesn't seem fair.

Let's keep Facebook out of it. :beerwink:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Britta
    Oiler

by Britta » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Wow, super sad and sorry to see that the voting for this Survivor-created award has taken such a turn this year. This doesn't reflect what the Cripper Award is about, as I am sure most will agree.

How should we proceed? I read all the posts and there were a few different suggestions. Should we invalidate this poll, and conduct voting as it had been done in past years? It was also mentioned to drop the Cripper Award for 2017 - I will totally leave this up to all you guys and gals, but I would also like to express my opinion here: I think we should not allow this poll-gone-wrong ruin something for us, that has worked so well in past years and that we all had a lot of fun being a part of.

I would like to ask the committee to weigh in on this - DragonLordJones, Stained Class, abodrocc, bodomdragon.

I will leave any decisions on how to proceed in your able hands!
  • Thrashmania
    Crewman

by Thrashmania » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:30 pm

LOL
    70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:57 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    estefmg wrote:I like the idea that someone suggested: creating a FB group which you can only be allowed in if you show a pic of you on this year's cruise or the cruise pass or something. Then and only then will the votes count. And I agree that disqualifying Total Death and Witchtrap but not Dalriada doesn't seem fair.

Let's keep Facebook out of it. :beerwink:

I don't see what the big deal is about hosting it on Facebook. It would make the whole thing so much easier. If you have a better idea, let's hear it!
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:58 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:I don't see what the big deal is about hosting it on Facebook. It would make the whole thing so much easier.

A lot of the people on the forum are vehemently against Facebook. Hence why this forum has survived for so long.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:33 pm

Why doesn't everybody post in this thread who they voted for specifically. Should be pretty easy to figure out who is the winner. Maybe only count members registered before this cruise. Might leave some real votes out, but should give a real good good idea who the leader actually is. Just a thought.
  • estefmg
    Wiper

by estefmg » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:07 pm

SavaRon wrote:Why doesn't everybody post in this thread who they voted for specifically. Should be pretty easy to figure out who is the winner. Maybe only count members registered before this cruise. Might leave some real votes out, but should give a real good good idea who the leader actually is. Just a thought.

This doesn't sound fair though. This was my first cruise ever and I didn't even know there was a forum or that we could vote for the award until I saw that on the 70000 tons Instagram about it. The poll was already opened, and I signed up to vote. How was voting done in the past?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:08 pm

The forum is back from the dead! :death:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    abodrocc
    Petty Officer

by abodrocc » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:57 pm

I think that the votation should be, just the same as UMC sent a link to the survivor feedback survey, using some personal access code, that will ensure that all votes belong to sailors who went to the cruise

In other side, maybe using the internal registers of UMC, can void the votes of users registred in the 2 or 3 days before the votation closes.
    2011 Survived cabin 2543
    2012 cabin 2585
    2013 cabin 2035
    2014 cabin 2589
    2015 cabin 2264
    2016 cabin 8607
    2017 cabin 9611
    2018 cabin 8457
    2019 cabin 8673
    2020 cabin 6659

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:15 pm

And upon further review,DALRIADA Wins!(Look at vote count lol)
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    abodrocc
    Petty Officer

by abodrocc » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Britta wrote:Wow, super sad and sorry to see that the voting for this Survivor-created award has taken such a turn this year. This doesn't reflect what the Cripper Award is about, as I am sure most will agree.

How should we proceed? I read all the posts and there were a few different suggestions. Should we invalidate this poll, and conduct voting as it had been done in past years? It was also mentioned to drop the Cripper Award for 2017 - I will totally leave this up to all you guys and gals, but I would also like to express my opinion here: I think we should not allow this poll-gone-wrong ruin something for us, that has worked so well in past years and that we all had a lot of fun being a part of.

I would like to ask the committee to weigh in on this - DragonLordJones, Stained Class, abodrocc, bodomdragon.

Britta
    My vote is to invalidate this poll, if UMC have resources to make a votation, where this year's registred sailors vote once, will be a new one.
    Just like the votes for songs in the Jeff Waters Jam few years ago, or the survivor feedback survey.
    2011 Survived cabin 2543
    2012 cabin 2585
    2013 cabin 2035
    2014 cabin 2589
    2015 cabin 2264
    2016 cabin 8607
    2017 cabin 9611
    2018 cabin 8457
    2019 cabin 8673
    2020 cabin 6659

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:33 pm

abodrocc wrote:
    Britta wrote:Wow, super sad and sorry to see that the voting for this Survivor-created award has taken such a turn this year. This doesn't reflect what the Cripper Award is about, as I am sure most will agree.

Britta
    My vote is to invalidate this poll, if UMC have resources to make a votation, where this year's registred sailors vote once, will be a new one.
    Just like the votes for songs in the Jeff Waters Jam few years ago, or the survivor feedback survey.
    Nope the poll is fine now ,it appears that the " maintenance " done by UMC was to remove a bunch of people who created usernames in order solely to vote.They must have removed duplicate IP addresses,don't know how many votes bands lost but totals are down.The decision is final,
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:32 pm

This poll should be invalidated since the band I voted for didn't win.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:12 am

Hi Britta, and thanks for your input.

Britta wrote:I would like to ask the committee to weigh in on this - DragonLordJones, Stained Class, abodrocc, bodomdragon.

This award was never meant to become something big, let alone a popularity contest. It all started going downhill with Nervosa last year, when they begged their Facebook fans to vote for them. We hoped that would be an isolate case and that the award would remain true to its spirit. We were wrong, as we have seen this year. Thus, only two things can happen from now on. Either the award disappears, or the voting system is changed to something that cannot be corrupted - not so easily at least. I think most of us agree than the latter is a better solution.

As for what to do with the award this year, I have confronted feelings.

First of all, my very personal thought about this. Vote begging on social networks should be avoided, as it obviously distorts the results as we've seen for two years in a row. It is not a written rule, it is just a matter of common sense. That's why I would give the award to the band that got more votes without doing this, and we all know which band that is.

On the other hand, though, that "winner" wouldn't be clean either, because of what happened with one person repeatedly voting for them. The band is not to be blamed for an individual's attitude which doesn't seem to be related to them, so excluding them would seem extremely unfair to me. But, this is yet another proof that the current system is obsolete.

Like it or not, it's the end of the Cripper award as we know it, because, quoting Overkill's wise words, it is "Rotten to the Core". It died because of its success, and it is time for a change.

I don't support the idea of creating a private Facebook group for many reasons, such as the difficulty of checking each and every applicant - also, this check should be done very year-, the privacy issues, or the fact that many cruisers don't use Facebook. If we want to save this, it is time for UMC to get involved and let cruisers vote using official methods. Either include the question in the feedback survey, or launch a new survey only for this topic. My advice to UMC would be: let the cruisers decide the award candidates the same way it's been done so far, and take it from there.

Finally, and back to the current year's situation: we all know that some bands have corrupted the poll, and while that's unfair to the ones who did not, I would leave the award void. It is not like anyone's losing anything, as I said in the beginning this is just, or should be, a small thing for us cruisers, so no drama. Let us hope that next year we can make it work better with some help from UMC.

tl;dr: no winner this year, help needed from UMC from now on or the award disappears.
    Wishlist: