Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Vodka! Vodka! Hey!

by Andy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:45 pm

It’s not a proper celebration without KORPIKLAANI! Raise your shot glasses as we chant “Vodka! Vodka! Hey!” once again onbroard Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! We’ve got 22 bars and lounges on board, some that never close so you can sing, dance, and headbang from dawn till dusk.

“O”pen your eyes wider, the next band is about to burst out from the darkness...

• sara
    Petty Officer

Re: Vodka! Vodka! Hey!

by sara » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:52 pm

Ooooh shee-it! I'm about to get twee as fuck in the pit! Who's up for holding hands and skipping around in circles? :viking:

I hope "O" is for Origin!
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:00 pm

Korpiklaani...meh.

Maybe Obscura next? We need more bands that gargle with sulfuric acid :twisted:
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:08 pm

Not my favorite band, but their show here in Costa Rica was pretty fun to watch. So I might catch one set.

TPH wrote:Maybe Obscura next? We need more bands that gargle with sulfuric acid :twisted:

That's my guess, I'm fucking crossing my fingers for Obscura :cheers:

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:09 pm

3/5 on awesome bands so far, nice! Not to mention that between Septicflesh and Meshuggah I am officially BAAAAAAAAACK

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:15 pm

KORPIKLAANI

Goofy shit..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • bratoutofhell
    Wiper

by bratoutofhell » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:33 pm

sara wrote:Ooooh shee-it! I'm about to get twee as fuck in the pit! Who's up for holding hands and skipping around in circles? :viking:

I hope "O" is for Origin!

That's what I did during the last Kreator show I was at. No one was amused. :D
    Be'lakor // Beyond Creation // Helstar // Skull Fist // Iskald // Eternal Champion // Deicide // Symphony X // Tau Cross // Magrudergrind (I can dream okay) // Immolation // Spawn of Possession // Mortem (Peru)
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:59 pm

1 for 5, no where near last year's line up.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:04 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:1 for 5, no where near last year's line up.

They just started man, lol
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:14 pm

Fight me, Razor.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:49 pm

acidbasement wrote:Fight me, Razor.

70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Sermon Of The Seventy Thousand Tons

by Andy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:39 pm

Technical death metal pioneers OBSCURA will be performing onbroad Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. Make sure you join us on board to witness two furious sets by these world class musicians as we sail to Grand Turk and back!

“I”t’s a real party on board, and we have just the band to kick it into the next gear...

jdch28
    Crewman

Re: Sermon Of The Seventy Thousand Tons

by jdch28 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:40 pm

FUCKING AWESOME!

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:46 pm

I hope it's In Extremo next!
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:59 pm

Great start....I like all of these bands so far and love several of 'em. :headbanger:

I don't know if they fit the clue, but Insomnium would make me VERY happy. Again. :bangers:
    Last edited by Pellaz on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:00 pm

Obscura is cool... been a while since I saw them live.

Insomnium or Infestus please!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:03 pm

Shoot! A wishlist band I had from my first cruise! :shock:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:33 pm

It's probably In Extremo - but I'm hoping it's Izegrim :beerhorns: :givebeer:
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Die Verrückten Sind An Bord

by Andy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:19 pm

It’s a party onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, and we couldn’t be happier to welcome IN EXTREMO once again! The madmen are back on board for Round 8 of The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

We’re “N”ot done yet...

DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

Re: Die Verrückten Sind An Bord

by DragonLordJones » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:26 pm

Nuclear Assault or I give up or not :beerhorns:
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:38 pm

Fucking awesome announcement. :bangers:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:53 pm

Not really liking what I've seen so far, but my fingers are still crossed. Definitely a much weaker start than all my previous years.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:56 pm

Ne Obliviscaris, Nile, Nightwish, Norther.....
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:14 pm

Pellaz wrote:Ne Obliviscaris, Nile, Nightwish, Norther.....

YES, yes, yes, yes :)
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    Empire
    Crewman

by Empire » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:15 pm

Pellaz wrote:Ne Obliviscaris, Nile, Nightwish, Norther.....

Norther Reunion. Great! I like this.
    2011: missed, 2012 - 2020: survived 2021-2022: lost 2023-2024: survived 2025: #SOON
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:24 pm

my least fav line up so far .... and I wasn't even expecting much :cry: but I will still love the cruise anyway :beerhorns: :givebeer:
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Celebration Of The Boat

by Andy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:41 pm

Swedish blackened death metal monsters NECROPHOBIC partake in a Celebration of the Boat! This is 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. 5 days and 4 nights of the ultimate Heavy Metal vacation await you!

“R”eady or not, the next one is about to be unleashed!

DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

Re: Celebration Of The Boat

by DragonLordJones » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:33 am

Running Wild :chug: :givebeer:
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:47 am

Rammstein (one can dream), Rhapsody reunion, Rage, Running Wild
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:49 am

Rhapsody would be awesome but it sounds more like Running Wild to me.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:41 am

Guess it is RAGE- :shred:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:36 am

bodomdragon wrote:Not really liking what I've seen so far, but my fingers are still crossed. Definitely a much weaker start than all my previous years.

It's way too early to panic, in my opinion. The first 8 last year:
    Anthrax
    Amorphis
    Annihilator
    Amaranthe
    Haggard
    Nile
    Therion
    Grave Digger

Good, but a far cry from how amazing the lineup eventually became.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:34 am

So far this makes my decision to skip this year pretty easy. I know it's still early but I'm not interested to see any of these so far. Meshuggah maybe half a set but that's about it.

Maybe he's getting the repeats out of the way early?
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:43 am

Downvod wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Not really liking what I've seen so far, but my fingers are still crossed. Definitely a much weaker start than all my previous years.

Anthrax
    Amorphis
    Annihilator
    Amaranthe
    Haggard
    Nile
    Therion
    Grave Digger

We all have different tastes here, but to me those were four solid 4's out of 8 (Amaranthe, Amorphis, Annihilator, Therion). So yeah, last year it started much, much better for me than this year, where I have only one 4 out of eight bands.
    Wishlist:

TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:46 am

I'm sure you're a nice guy and all, bodomdragon, but musically speaking you're kind of my nemesis :lol:
    Amaranthe being a 4...there are things I definitely can't understand!
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:01 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Downvod wrote:

Anthrax
    Amorphis
    Annihilator
    Amaranthe
    Haggard
    Nile
    Therion
    Grave Digger

We all have different tastes here, but to me those were four solid 4's out of 8 (Amaranthe, Amorphis, Annihilator, Therion). So yeah, last year it started much, much better for me than this year, where I have only one 4 out of eight bands.

All I was trying to illustrate was that the initial 8 bands last year in no way indicated what the overall lineup was eventually going to look like. They hadn't even announced a melodeath band yet at that point (unless you count Amorphis), and there ended up being tons of them last year. A lot of the real good bands were announced later in the game.

Maybe Andy is trying to prevent the apparent shit storm that happened with booking last year by holding onto some of the bigger names ;).

• sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:03 am

Necrophobic and Obscura are cool adds. I've never even heard Necrophobic, but I like them, they're a bit '90s death/black metal to me. Reminds me of the old days of trying to catch the local metal show on college radio and the things they'd play.

And nothing here is so exciting to me that I'd make the trip purely for these bands, but hey, we only know less than 10 and some people are already throwing in the towel on 2018? :lol:
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:05 am

So far none of the announcements have gotten me to regret my decision to sit this one out. Obscura would be a two-setter, but I've seen them before, and I'm not really that much into their post-Cosmogenesis stuff. Septicflesh has gone downhill since The Great Mass, and the last couple of shows I've seen from them have not been good.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:17 am

sara wrote:we only know less than 10 and some people are already throwing in the towel on 2018? :lol:

To be fair I had pretty much thrown in the towel before any bands were announced. I'm hoping he books a few bands I'd like to see and I'm forced to go again! I don't want to book it but I will if I have to. :shred:
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:33 am

Last year was the ultimate lineup for me. I already knew going into this year that there was no way it could be that strong for my tastes again. Honestly, in some ways, I would prefer less must see bands. It would give me more opportunity to see second sets, sleep, and explore the boat a bit. Last year was just ridiculous.

Post Reply 2628 posts