Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: 2018 Survivor Feedback Survey

by Pellaz » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:17 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    cegr80 wrote:I'm totally fine with 61 bands. There's a higher chance for diversity which is always welcome. I'm all in for variety even if I don't enjoy some of the genres

I agree.

While I enjoyed most of the lineups of 40ish bands on The Majesty, a lot of that was to do with the fact that back then, I had a heap of bands - 9 in fact - that I liked very much and was only the first or second time I had seen them. 2012 had 7 bands fitting that category, 2 in 2013 and 5 in 2014.

With the passing of years, and 70k's penchant for getting repeats (over half the lineup this year had played 70k previously!!), the likelihood of me getting bucketlist bands that I've never before seen on the lineup drops more and more.

And statistically :shock: , it makes sense that the number of repeats can only trend upwards each year. With 60+ bands on the lineup every sailing, the pool of available, never-played-before bands drops a little. Sure, Andy could book a lineup of 60 bands ALL new to 70K, but realistically it would probably draw poorly.
    So any reduction of the number of bands playing even further reduces the likelihood of that.

Agreed.

However.....If we move to a larger ship in 2020, maybe Oasis-class, I'd hate to see the number of bands increased from 60ish. If the cruise were lengthened, then maybe...but I shudder to think of the increased costs that, plus the new ship, would entail. :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Verdelet87
    Wiper

by Verdelet87 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:09 pm

Where do we post our wish list for 2019?
  • Verdelet87
    Wiper

by Verdelet87 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:38 pm

Wishlist for 2019

Akercocke
    Akercocke
    Akercocke
    Akercocke
    Akercocke
    Akercocke
    Dragonland
    Dragonland
    Dragonland
    Dragonland
    Dragonland
    Dragonland
    Hate eternal
    Primitive man
    Archspire
    Primordial
    Dark fortress
    Obituary
    Death angel
    Paradise lost
    Hammerfall
    Ashes of ares
    Iced earth
    Sumac
    Myrkur
    Killer be killed
    Behemoth
    Venom inc
    In the woods
    Gojira
    Gloryhammer
    At the gates
    Rotting Christ
    Gatecreeper
    Abbath
    Tyr
    Heidevolk
    Vader
    Hate
    Dark funeral
    Kampfar
    My dying bride
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:30 pm

There is a separate thread called "2019 Wishlist" mate.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:30 am

Didn't get a chance to do the survey, so taking the opportunity here to request that whoever did the sound at the Ice Rink doesn't get anywhere close to the boat ever again. Thanks.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:03 pm

Madkill wrote:Didn't get a chance to do the survey, so taking the opportunity here to request that whoever did the sound at the Ice Rink doesn't get anywhere close to the boat ever again. Thanks.

They need to clone the people that did the sound in the Pyramid. I thought the sound was excellent there this year.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:32 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Madkill wrote:Didn't get a chance to do the survey, so taking the opportunity here to request that whoever did the sound at the Ice Rink doesn't get anywhere close to the boat ever again. Thanks.

They need to clone the people that did the sound in the Pyramid. I thought the sound was excellent there this year.
    Agree. It's a shame that Obscura sounded better there, with the obvious space limitations and less people to enjoy the set, than at the Ice Rink.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:06 am

Madkill wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Agree. It's a shame that Obscura sounded better there, with the obvious space limitations and less people to enjoy the set, than at the Ice Rink.

Yup. I had to leave the Ice Rink set. It was not good. Pyramid Lounge - shit visibility unless you're on the bar, but fan-fucking-tastic sound. The Aeternam show this year? The Scar Symmetry show last year? Perfection.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:28 am

I thought the sound was better this year than in 2017 in the ice rink and Alhambra, by a long shot. In 2017 I walked out of a few sets that I had been anticipating for months, like Kalmah in the Alhambra. This year I had no issues at all.

The Pyramid was too loud for me to spend much time in there this year though. Even with good earplugs I felt like it was a bad idea. Maybe I'm getting old(er).
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:32 am

acidbasement wrote:I thought the sound was better this year than in 2017 in the ice rink and Alhambra, by a long shot. In 2017 I walked out of a few sets that I had been anticipating for months, like Kalmah in the Alhambra. This year I had no issues at all.

The Pyramid was too loud for me to spend much time in there this year though. Even with good earplugs I felt like it was a bad idea. Maybe I'm getting old(er).

I agee that the sound was pretty good overall. The only show I had major sound issue with was the Exodus pool set. I could only hear the snare drum from where I was. Every song sounded like wack, wack wack, wack, wack, wack, wack, wack with little else getting through.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:25 am

So, the 2018 megathread started April 12 last year. Is the 2019 thread going to start SOON?
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:03 pm

acidbasement wrote:So, the 2018 megathread started April 12 last year. Is the 2019 thread going to start SOON?

Good guess, mate
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:46 am

acidbasement wrote:I thought the sound was better this year than in 2017 in the ice rink and Alhambra, by a long shot. In 2017 I walked out of a few sets that I had been anticipating for months, like Kalmah in the Alhambra. This year I had no issues at all.

In 2017, my experience was that a lot of shows in the Alhambra had awful sound, and the Ice Rink was mostly a great experience. In 2018, the two flip-flopped. The Alhambra had pretty good sound and the Ice Rink was mostly awful. If you thought the Ice Rink had good sound this year, you must have been pretty lucky in your show selection in there. There were quite a few epic fails there this year.... (Insomnium, Enslaved, SepticFlesh, Wolfheart all come to mind).
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:50 am

Downvod wrote:
    In 2017, my experience was that a lot of shows in the Alhambra had awful sound, and the Ice Rink was mostly a great experience. In 2018, the two flip-flopped. The Alhambra had pretty good sound and the Ice Rink was mostly awful. If you thought the Ice Rink had good sound this year, you must have been pretty lucky in your show selection in there. There were quite a few epic fails there this year.... (Insomnium, Enslaved, SepticFlesh, Wolfheart all come to mind).

Ice Rink was down to where you were located. I was at the front for Insomnium in the Ice Rink and it was great. Metsatoll was too. Obscura, I had to leave.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Phoenix wrote:Obscura, I had to leave.

Glad I skipped that set. Voivod was badass at the Alhambra
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • VikThor
    Wiper

by VikThor » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:48 am

Amon Amarth
    Be’lakor
    NeO
    Soen
    Persefone
    Pain of Salvation
    Haken
    DGM
    Andromeda
    Myrath
    Opeth
    Gorod
    Primordial
    Night Demon
    Them
    Iced Earth
    Blind Guardian
    Helloween
    Symphony X
    Finntroll
    Wintersun
    Behemoth
    Dimmu Borgir
    Judas Priest
    Dust Bolt
    Memoriam
    Sodom
    Cirith Ungol
    Candlemass
    Helstar
    Riot V
    Powerwolf
    Oceans of slumber
    Below
    Sorcerer
    Warlord
    Cynic
    Visigoth
    Thulcandra
    Emperor
    Tyr
    Vallenfyre
    Bloodbath
    Batushka
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread

by acidbasement » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:19 pm

Hey, this thread is no longer stickied! Prepare for the 2019 thread!
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:39 pm

It's coming!
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:41 pm

So on what date do people think we will get the first announcement?
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:43 pm

slayergeek wrote:So on what date do people think we will get the first announcement?

There's another thread for that :P

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:14 pm

SoooOOOOoooOOOOOoooooooOOOoooOOooooooooOOOOOOOOOON.

:lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:58 pm

What's this? Barge to Hell just updated their profile picture on Facebook?

Is Andy up to his usual trolling again?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:45 pm

What's going on, guys?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:22 pm

Still waiting for Andy to create the official 70k 2019 Megathread. When he does that we'll know that things are starting to kick into gear.

I do note that he has visited the forum this week - first time in a month or two. So things are slowly ramping up :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:26 pm

cegr80 wrote:What's going on, guys?
    Cuba got a new President that isn't a Castro https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2 ... dent-video
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:00 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    Cuba got a new President that isn't a Castro https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2 ... dent-video

Will this be the beginning of the end? Too soon to tell! Andy still wants to take our precious boat to Cuba
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:23 pm

cegr80 wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:

Will this be the beginning of the end? Too soon to tell! Andy still wants to take our precious boat to Cuba

Since 70K has been selling out faster, one wonders if Royal might be willing to give Andy another chance at a Barge to Hell (i.e., Cuba) on a smaller ship, say Majesty or Empress.
    If that were the case, if I was UMC, I'd drop the "only death/black metal" focus and make it a varied lineup like 70K, only on a smaller scale...and going to Cuba.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:47 pm

My thoughts and speculation on this ...
    Andy can sell 5,000 tickets now with some people doing both cruises
    A few bands that are unavailable for February could do early December
    Andy sells Majesty with Cuba and anyone who pays in full will have first shot at 70k even before Gold Level.
    You don’t have to buy both which could have some people doing Majesty and skipping February
    Andy sees how December date sells in 2019 to see if he can move big cruise in 2020 (because of Super Bowl in Miami 2020)
    It is a test run to see how many tickets he can sell so
    ,if he can sellout both and then get the biggest ship in Royal Caribbean for 2020
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:43 am

deathmetalpat wrote:My thoughts and speculation on this ...
    Andy sells Majesty with Cuba and anyone who pays in full will have first shot at 70k even before Gold Level.
    You don’t have to buy both which could have some people doing Majesty and skipping February
    Andy sees how December date sells in 2019 to see if he can move big cruise in 2020 (because of Super Bowl in Miami 2020)
    ,if he can sellout both and then get the biggest ship in Royal Caribbean for 2020

I mean it's not a bad idea, though doing two varied lineups (like Pellaz says) would be really hard on people that would then want to do both. If they kept Barge to like, extreme metal, and then put the fluff on 70k, that might be better for me (who doesn't really do the power metal thing). Though I guess it kind of depends on where he draws the line. If, as an example, NeO ended up on one boat, and Mors Principium Est on the other, I'd feel real bad because there's absolutely no way I could do both (though I've been itching to try and do one).

Though, I'm looking at my current plans for the year, and I only have four days of vacation left to take.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:31 am

I'm barely making it to 70k as we speak, so a second cruise would be a big no no for me, regardless of the lineup. I like a lot of genres, so Barge To Hell would have to be a top-tier lineup for me to even consider it
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:20 pm

I was first time on boat 2018 (alone) and of course I had absolutely no idea how awesome this cruise is. It took time to find the right places, to have some kind of plan where to be and when. Even before cruise my plan looked like I would miss some gigs. Well, what I realized.. I was talking with some new friends after or before the shows. So I missed some more shows just because of that. But I would've missed more if the cruise would've been targeted to music style what I like. Barge to Hell would not be a cruise where I would be a first in line. I'm more in to power/symphonic metal. On the other hand, on last cruise sometimes I ended up on being on a venue where I liked listening to some not so vocal lyrics too when the instrument melodies were sounding great! So, I'd say it's not a good idea to have a 60 band "melodic singer cruise" and 60 band "growling singer" cruise.

My wish.. Do not make a hard split with bands. Keep 70k as it is or soften it to hard rock, then make BtH harder. Who likes both.. If all would be on one cruise a choice should be made anyway :(

I hope everyone understands what I mean...
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:My thoughts and speculation on this ...

I mean it's not a bad idea, though doing two varied lineups (like Pellaz says) would be really hard on people that would then want to do both. If they kept Barge to like, extreme metal, and then put the fluff on 70k, that might be better for me (who doesn't really do the power metal thing). Though I guess it kind of depends on where he draws the line. If, as an example, NeO ended up on one boat, and Mors Principium Est on the other, I'd feel real bad because there's absolutely no way I could do both (though I've been itching to try and do one).

Though, I'm looking at my current plans for the year, and I only have four days of vacation left to take.

Oh, I wouldn't expect any sort of revival of Barge to Hell until maybe 2020...and that could be what Andy's "big surprise" is for that year. Not the rumored move to a larger ship, but 70K and a reboot of BtH. He could stage the reboot in the fall of 2020 and see how it does...and we know how much he wants to go to Cuba.

Based on the Facebook discussion about Barge maybe coming back, it looked as if most people would be making a choice to do one or the other, but NOT both...which might not be what Andy and UMC want to see. :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:41 am

Pellaz wrote:Oh, I wouldn't expect any sort of revival of Barge to Hell until maybe 2020...and that could be what Andy's "big surprise" is for that year. Not the rumored move to a larger ship, but 70K and a reboot of BtH. He could stage the reboot in the fall of 2020 and see how it does...and we know how much he wants to go to Cuba.

Based on the Facebook discussion about Barge maybe coming back, it looked as if most people would be making a choice to do one or the other, but NOT both...which might not be what Andy and UMC want to see. :shock:

This would make more sense than doing 2019. But really, this shouldn't surprise UMC. Boat's expensive, especially for the large majority of people that have to fly into the country to do it (the Canadian dollar is NOT getting better).

I dunno, maybe they don't do it at all. Putting a dividing line in your clientele and your worldwide metal family isn't good for anyone.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:37 pm

You make a great point on the expense.

The cruise in general is a lot more expensive, with increased cabin costs, taxes, and hell even the booze is a heck of a lot more expensive than it was in 2012 when BTH was held first time around.

Add to that the fact that the world economy is a heck of a lot different as well - in 2012 One Australian Dollar equalled about $USD1.10. Now an Aussie dollar only gets about 75 cents US.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:46 pm

Awfully quiet in here.

UMC are dragging the chain a bit this year - they still haven't updated the website. Last year it was updated early April (graphic with dates for the next cruise changed, artists page wiped clear etc).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Re: 70 Days Until Sailing!

by Godflesh » Thu May 03, 2018 3:05 am

Godflesh wrote:Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the forum
    Not a creature was stirring, not even Ramon.
    The rumours were sprung by the Bridge with care,
    In hopes that St Andy soon would be there.

The sailors were nestled all snug in their beds,
    While visions of mosh pits danced in their heads.
    And mamma in her battle vest, and I in my cap,
    Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap.

When out on the forum there arose such a clatter,
    I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
    Away to the phone I flew like a sprinter,
    Tore open the lock screen and threw up the browser.

With a little old announcement, so lively and nifty,
    I knew in a moment it must be St Andy
    More rapid than eagles his band allusions they came,
    And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!

"Now Borknagar! Now, Behemoth! now, Metsatoll and Myrkur!
    On, Tankard! On, Vektor! on, on Flotsam and Jetsam!
    To the pool deck! to the top of the ship!
    Now thrash away! Thrash away! Thrash away all!"

To occupy space, I’ll re-run my Christmas poem. Still relevant, I think.
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat May 05, 2018 7:16 am

cowboy71 wrote:Awfully quiet in here.

UMC are dragging the chain a bit this year - they still haven't updated the website. Last year it was updated early April (graphic with dates for the next cruise changed, artists page wiped clear etc).

Yeah Dallas!
    Those lazy sods!
    I wanna see a Haiti graphic!
    Or at least, the dates of the cruise.

I missed the last 2 cruises, so I'm ready for a comeback!

I wonder why it's so quiet on here...
    These are just some of the thoughts that keep me awake at night when the lights go out!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat May 05, 2018 7:18 am

Well, if every cruiser's bored or needs a distraction....
    A damn good distraction!
    Go: http://cardest.tumblr.com/ immediately!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri May 18, 2018 11:01 am

Surely this is by far the lastest that Andy's waited to post a "SOON" teaser on here for the upcoming cruise, let alone the first band announcement.

Statsman? Beuller? Beuller?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:07 pm

Still got a ways to go to be 'worse' than the 2013 cruise.

2013 cruise first announcements dropped on the 27th of June.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Post Reply 2628 posts