Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Alchemy Of The Caribbean Sun Cult

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:27 pm

Although i like most of the bands announced, is it just me or has there not been the "wow" announcement yet? I get Rhapsody, thats cool, but it just seems that there are not any "expensive" bands yet.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:36 pm

As far as I'm concerned, it's the first year I'm reconsidering my booking. I'm a HUGE melodeath-power-folk-heavy fan, and also like some good thrash and black metal (the more "melodic" kind), but right now I'm very disappointed by the lineup. First timers and Barge fans will probably be happy with what we've got up until now, but apart from Dark Tranquillity, the awesome Rhapsody reunion, Insomnium and some nice stuff like Korpiklaani, and stuff like that (which I've seen live many times), I'm pretty much empty-handed. While many more good bands are probably to come, I'm afraid we're heading towards a year of repeats and heavier stuff. It's all good and normal, but as far as I'm concerned, I also miss the WOW band I would need like Powerwolf, Suidakra, Elvenking, Triptykon... you know, bands that don't come often (or ever) in North America.

I was spoiled last year with Orden Ogan, Pain, MPE, Powerglove, Therion, Orphaned Land, Cruachan, Draconian, Manegarm, Serenity, Saltation Mortis and so on, so I guess it's my turn to be the drinker sitting down at Boleros in 2018! :3drunks:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:56 pm

VERY happy with Insomnium even though I'll presumably be seeing them later this year (their first show in Atlanta).

Goatwhore should be good, although I've seen 'em before (they tour so often it's almost hard NOT to...one of the hardest-working touring bands in metal).

It's shaping up to be a really good year for me so far. :beerbang:

If the O is for The Ocean, that'd be pretty awesome. Err, does Andy use the T in "The" or the first letter of the second word for his clues?
    If the O is for Old Man's Child......nahh, that ain't happening. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:01 pm

I saw Opeth a year ago and thought it was good, though I cannot stand the latest album.

I want some Origin or Obituary. I doubt Opeth will play, but I would have a good time seeing them from the pool deck under starry skies.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:20 pm

No girlie bands so far = me content with not going.

And no band I could care about that starts with O so that makes 15 down and okay with it.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

by Shadow Son » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Question for you cowboy71...how many votes did The Ocean get?
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:35 pm

Shadow Son wrote:Question for you cowboy71...how many votes did The Ocean get?

4 votes for The Ocean

Highest votes for O bands
    21 Opeth
    16 Obituary
    7 Ocean Tide
    6 Onslaught
    5 Origin
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:12 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

4 votes for The Ocean

Highest votes for O bands
    21 Opeth
    16 Obituary
    7 Ocean Tide
    6 Onslaught
    5 Origin

Opeth Opeth Opeth Opeth Opeth Opeth Opeth Opeth Opeth Opeth Opeth Opeth Opeth Opeth Opeth :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    Eluveitie -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes Partial list
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

5 Days Of Sunshine!

by Andy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:15 pm

Don’t get swept away by the OCTOBER TIDE! This Melodic Doom outfit will sail alongside 59 other bands under the beautiful Caribbean Sun for 5 days and 4 nights onbroad Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

Let’s bring a “C” on board...

Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:16 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

7 Ocean Tide

7 seems like way too many votes for Ocean Tide.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:17 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:Although i like most of the bands announced, is it just me or has there not been the "wow" announcement yet? I get Rhapsody, thats cool, but it just seems that there are not any "expensive" bands yet.

I hear you their!!! Nothing grabs me but I will be their.
    Round 8 will be my #9 and I plan on 2 more at least after that.
    Round 10 better be a knock out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

Re: 5 Days Of Sunshine!

by Jimbo2392 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:22 pm

"Let’s bring a “C” on board..."

A "CORONER" to pickup all the bodies from the sailors from their passed out shenanigans :lol: :shred:
    Last edited by Jimbo2392 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:23 pm

How about Cannabis Corpse? Or Cult of Luna, though doubtful.

Most of the C bands I think of were on last year, come to think of it.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:24 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

7 Ocean Tide

7 seems like way too many votes for Ocean Tide.

HAHAHA - you are right :) It was meant to be October Tide :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:30 pm

Andy wrote:Don’t get swept away by the OCTOBER TIDE! This Melodic Doom outfit will sail alongside 59 other bands under the beautiful Caribbean Sun for 5 days and 4 nights on board Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!

OCTOBER TIDE
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
  • Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:32 pm

Caliban or Caligulas Horse both on my wishlist... just a thought..... :bangers:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    Eluveitie -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes Partial list
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

by Shadow Son » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:35 pm

October Tide. I was wondering when we'd get our first doom band, though never heard of them before. Checking them out now.

For the "C" announcement, fingers crossed for Cult Of Luna.
    Last edited by Shadow Son on Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:35 pm

Civil War would make me happy. So would Carach Angren.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:36 pm

The C's on my wishlist (circus maximus and civil war) are very low on my overall list, so that will make 16 down and nothing for me to go crazy over.

I'm okay with that.

As for the global wishlist:

17 Children of Bodom
    15 Candlemass
    12 Chthonic
    11 Cannibal Corpse 
    8 Carach Angren
    8 Circus Maximus
    7 Civil War
    6 Cripper
    6 Cut Up
    5 Cain's Offering
    5 Cirith Ungol
    5 Cult of Fire
    4 Cavalera Conspiracy
    4 Cellar Darling
    4 Coroner
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:47 pm

Shit, I forgot about Cripper and Chthonic. Now if it were Chthonic I'd lose my shit. I love that band. Coroner is also a fantastic suggestion.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:48 pm

Oh man!
    Andy wrote:Don’t get swept away by the OCTOBER TIDE! This Melodic Doom outfit will sail alongside 59 other bands under the beautiful Caribbean Sun for 5 days and 4 nights onbroad Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Death tattoo guy
    Oiler

by Death tattoo guy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:52 pm

Cancer! Give Me Cancer!!!
    10 Wishlist bands I've never seen live:
    Decadence
    The Halo Effect
    Aephanemer
    Nagasaki Sunrise
    Inhuman Condition
    Burning Witches
    Crystal Viper
    Frozen Crown
    Jenner
    Sorcerer

Survivor: Barge To Hell,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019, 2020, 2023
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:56 pm

cowboy71 wrote:No girlie bands so far = me content with not going.

If Sonata Artica is not considered a girlie band, then I don't know what is.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:56 pm

Death tattoo guy wrote:Cancer! Give Me Cancer!!!

give me Cancer!!!
    the only place I would Wish for that!
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Charred Walls of the Damned. Id jizz id they were announced.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Godflesh wrote:

Well last I checked, Tony Kakko is a dude... :P
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:07 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:

But there's also a female singer, isn't there?
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:08 pm

YES YES YES!!!

Bodom or Chthonic would seal the deal for me, for different reasons.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:09 pm

I'm guessing Cannibal Corpse for the "C" band.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Give me Centinex or Cellar Darling with that C!
    70000 Tons 2019
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Andy wrote:Image

Didn't know these guys, so far I'm loving them!

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
  • Foxhound09
    Wiper

by Foxhound09 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:35 pm

There should be a band called Cuntface Correlation :twisted:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:44 pm

cowboy71 wrote:As for the global wishlist:

17 Children of Bodom
    15 Candlemass
    12 Chthonic
    11 Cannibal Corpse 
    8 Carach Angren
    8 Circus Maximus
    7 Civil War
    6 Cripper
    6 Cut Up
    5 Cain's Offering
    5 Cirith Ungol
    5 Cult of Fire
    4 Cavalera Conspiracy
    4 Cellar Darling
    4 Coroner

Cradle of Filth would be eligible for 2018; did they get any votes?
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:59 pm

I imagine Katatonia would be ruled out now,October Tide's best was their first so theme continues.Because they knock out Katatonia ,they are neutral to me.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:03 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:I imagine Katatonia would be ruled out now,October Tide's best was their first so theme continues.Because they knock out Katatonia ,they are neutral to me.

How do you figure?
    70000 Tons 2019
    gorgatron
    Crewman

by gorgatron » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:14 pm

CANNABIS CORPSE :smoking:
    2016: 2314
    2017: 6661
    2018: 2364
    2019: 7630

Abbath-/-Aborted-/-Acid.Witch-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Analepsy-/-Andrew.WK-/-At.the.Gates-/-Be'lakor-/-Beaten.to.Death-/-Belzebubs-/-Benighted-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Charred.Walls.of.the.Damned-/-Cryptopsy-/-Darkest.Hour-/-Decrepit.Birth-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Eat.the.Turnbuckle-/-Enisum-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Exhumed-/-Feral-/-Frightmare-/-Full.of.Hell-/-Galakticon-/-Gatecreeper-/-General.Surgery-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Gutteral.Secrete-/-Haemorrhage-/-Heavy.Temple-/-Hypocrisy-/-Impaled-/-Inferi-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Lord.Gore-/-Magrudergrind-/-Midnight-/-Misery.Index-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Necrophagist-/-Noisem-/-Origin-/-Outer.Heaven-/-Party.Cannon-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Prostitute.Disfigurement-/-Repulsion-/-Skeletonwitch-/-Splatterhouse-/-Steel.Panther-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tombtoker-/-Toxic.Holocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Varg-/-Vital.Remains-/-Wake-/-Wintersun-/-Wormed-/-Wormrot-/-
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:22 pm

Although it's not looking good for me +1 Cannabis Corpse
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:I imagine Katatonia would be ruled out now,October Tide's best was their first so theme continues.Because they knock out Katatonia ,they are neutral to me.

How do you figure?

Very similar sounding besides the vocals and usually don't get a lot of these type of bands.I think My Dying Bride would be a better chance now,so if that happens October Tide would be a positive.Might be the only doom/melodic band though.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:57 pm

Godflesh wrote:
    ExtraneouS wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:If Sonata Artica is not considered a girlie band, then I don't know what is.

But there's also a female singer, isn't there?

There isn't, no. They have two or three songs of Days of Grays that have a guest female singer, but that's it.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:58 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:

How do you figure?

Very similar sounding besides the vocals and usually don't get a lot of these type of bands.I think My Dying Bride would be a better chance now,so if that happens October Tide would be a positive.Might be the only doom/melodic band though.

They sound like old Katatonia, I don't think they sound much at all like current Katatonia.
    70000 Tons 2019
Post Reply 2628 posts