Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

Re: Thank You To All Survivors From 75 Nations!

by cegr80 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:16 am

My favorite year so far (my second cruise, LOL) both in terms of quality and quantity of great bands/shows. Also had a chance to meet more people, but you can never have enough, right?

Oh and Grand Turk was amazing! Don't know if we can top that destination....
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

2018 Survivor Feedback Survey

by Andy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:55 pm

Sailors!

Thank you for sailing onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2018, Round 8 of The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

I hope you had a great time and enjoyed your stay onbroad. Your opinions and ideas are very important to me and will help make 70000TONS OF METAL even better in the future.

Please be patient as it may take up to 48 hours for the system to send all Access Codes. If you do not receive yours within the next 48 hours, please make sure to check your spam folder and then contact us.

This survey will remain open up and until February 26th, 2018 at 6PM Eastern Time.

I am looking forward to receiving your feedback and hope to welcome you back onbroad in 2019 for Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Cheers,

your Skipper

Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 2018 Survivor Feedback Survey

by Ethrivas » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:33 am

Done! Thank you Andy for everything, it was a blast.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:52 am

Andy wrote:Image

70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Disco
    Midshipman

by Disco » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:
    Andy wrote:Image

Yep, I completely agree.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:37 pm

Beyond a few very minor gripes, my overall opinion of 2018?

Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:40 pm

I filled in the survey, but when I clicked Next on the last page the site went back to the survey home page, so I don't know if my answers have been submitted or not.
    I any case, I'm not filling it up again.
    I believe this already happened in previous years.
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:22 pm

Godflesh wrote:I filled in the survey, but when I clicked Next on the last page the site went back to the survey home page, so I don't know if my answers have been submitted or not.

Same here :shots:

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:12 am

Looks like my survey access code is in the same place as my check-in email. :evil: :bitch:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:28 am

Survey done. We love you, Andy! :deathmetal:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:57 am

Godflesh wrote:I filled in the survey, but when I clicked Next on the last page the site went back to the survey home page, so I don't know if my answers have been submitted or not.

Didn't go through unless you got the thank you page. I had to do it twice.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:58 am

2018 was great aside from spending most of the cruise in the fucking lounge...
    70000 Tons 2019
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:43 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:2018 was great aside from spending most of the cruise in the fucking lounge...

LOL, same here. But I have learned to love that shitty lounge. It has ... spirit :lol:
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:32 pm

cegr80 wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:2018 was great aside from spending most of the cruise in the fucking lounge...

LOL, same here. But I have learned to love that shitty lounge. It has ... spirit :lol:

Same here. The first time I saw a show here I thought that this venue was a joke, but over the time, I learned to love the ultra high energy that you can get only here.
    On the other side, I'm 190cm tall, and I'm pretty sure I would HATE this venue if I was smaller and couldn't see fuck all.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:35 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:

Didn't go through unless you got the thank you page. I had to do it twice.

Same as Godflesh, and fuck the survey.
    It was already the same thing last year, if they're unable to make something as basic as a survey work OK, that's not my fucking problem.
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:32 am

I got the same thing.
    So I tried to re-start the survey and a page came up from SurveyMonkey saying "you've already done this survey!" :roll: :roll:

Two, count 'em, TWO cheers for the Survivors' Survey!
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:45 am

Pellaz wrote:

I got the same thing.
    So I tried to re-start the survey and a page came up from SurveyMonkey saying "you've already done this survey!" :roll: :roll:

I tried to restart the survey, but didn’t get that.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:04 am

Worked for me on my first attempt. I hope they read all the comments, I had quite a lot to say (mostly positive).
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:39 am

mooyagi wrote:Looks like my survey access code is in the same place as my check-in email. :evil: :bitch:

I can give you my code, since apparently I shot blanks on the first try :D
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:36 am

bodomdragon wrote:Worked for me on my first attempt. I hope they read all the comments, I had quite a lot to say (mostly positive).

Me, too. It wasn't the best year out of my 4 and there were a few WTF moments, but it sure wasn't a "bad" year. And I really loved Grand Turk....no surprise there. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:39 pm

I tried it on Chrome and it didn't go through, and got that survey monkey shit on the retry. Then completed it with Firefox. I already learned my lesson years ago and write all comments on word pad first for when it fucks up.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:41 pm

cegr80 wrote:

The lounge is ok if you're on the front row. Friday I was outside in daylight one time, during Swallow The Sun's pool deck, the set itself was pretty fucking dark though..
    70000 Tons 2019
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:36 pm

Godflesh wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

I got the same thing.

Actually, I kept going and did get this message, so I suppose my answers went through after all.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:15 am

Godflesh wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:
    I got the same thing.

Actually, I kept going and did get this message, so I suppose my answers went through after all.

I went back and tried it again using Microsoft Edge....and this time I got the Thank You page.

Go home, Survivor Survey. Yer drunk! :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:32 am

I did it on Firefox at home and it was fine. A little clunky, but fine.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:15 am

I did it on Chrome and it worked on my first attempt.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:13 am

is 60 bands too many?
    50 not enough?

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:13 am

Cardest wrote:is 60 bands too many?
    50 not enough?

No. 60 is just fine. Stop asking for less bands. That's simply lame.
    Wishlist:

TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:03 am

My survey will be limited to this thing, hoping that Andy will read this post: I've done it for my two cruises, but form now on, I will never buy any 70000Tons' own merch. I know exactly how much a Gildan shirt or hoodie costs to make, for batches that I have no doubt were way smaller than what 70K are printing.
    Selling hoodies 70$ or shirts for 30$ is a fucking joke, and there is not a single cent coming from me on the boat's merch as long as these prices stay the same, I'll only target boat-specific shirts from bands I like from now on.
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:44 am

TPH wrote:My survey will be limited to this thing, hoping that Andy will read this post: I've done it for my two cruises, but form now on, I will never buy any 70000Tons' own merch. I know exactly how much a Gildan shirt or hoodie costs to make, for batches that I have no doubt were way smaller than what 70K are printing.
    Selling hoodies 70$ or shirts for 35$ is a fucking joke, and there is not a single cent coming from me on the boat's merch as long as these prices stay the same, I'll only target boat-specific shirts from bands I like from now on.

I corrected that for you.
    Wishlist:

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:54 am

60 bands is fine, as long as they're in decent variety. I think that no matter what the move to another boat is, more cruisers, same amount of bands, same amount of days or one more if we absolutely have to.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:29 am

bodomdragon wrote:I corrected that for you.

Haha, I wasn't sure and paused for a second while writing this price, but didn't want to look too negative in case I wasn't right :lol:
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:50 pm

Phoenix wrote:60 bands is fine, as long as they're in decent variety. I think that no matter what the move to another boat is, more cruisers, same amount of bands, same amount of days or one more if we absolutely have to.

The only times why I'd want or accept a lower number of bands would be.....
    -- if logistics required it: time-slot issues, operational considerations, etc. This would include weather contingency planning
    -- if having a drop-dead amazing, but "complicated" band booking required it: Ayreon, Avantasia, Emperor+Ihsahn, Green Carnation, etc., and they might require two slots' worth of time (or money :shock: )
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:24 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    TPH wrote:My survey will be limited to this thing, hoping that Andy will read this post: I've done it for my two cruises, but form now on, I will never buy any 70000Tons' own merch. I know exactly how much a Gildan shirt or hoodie costs to make, for batches that I have no doubt were way smaller than what 70K are printing.
    Selling hoodies 70$ or shirts for 35$ is a fucking joke, and there is not a single cent coming from me on the boat's merch as long as these prices stay the same, I'll only target boat-specific shirts from bands I like from now on.

I corrected that for you.

Agreed. They are bleeding us with those 70k merch prices! :bitch:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:50 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:60 bands is fine, as long as they're in decent variety. I think that no matter what the move to another boat is, more cruisers, same amount of bands, same amount of days or one more if we absolutely have to.

-- if logistics required it: time-slot issues, operational considerations, etc. This would include weather contingency planning
    -- if having a drop-dead amazing, but "complicated" band booking required it: Ayreon, Avantasia, Emperor+Ihsahn, Green Carnation, etc., and they might require two slots' worth of time (or money :shock: )

Maybe fewer bands would give them more time to get everything set up and working right on the first day. :roll:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:44 pm

Less bands is dumb, I don't want less chances to win the band lottery.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:46 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

Maybe fewer bands would give them more time to get everything set up and working right on the first day. :roll:

Well, assembling the pool-deck stage facing the correct way is also a help. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:21 am

I'd be fine with fewer bands if it meant longer sets.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:24 am

I'm totally fine with 61 bands. There's a higher chance for diversity which is always welcome. I'm all in for variety even if I don't enjoy some of the genres
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:21 pm

cegr80 wrote:I'm totally fine with 61 bands. There's a higher chance for diversity which is always welcome. I'm all in for variety even if I don't enjoy some of the genres

I agree.

While I enjoyed most of the lineups of 40ish bands on The Majesty, a lot of that was to do with the fact that back then, I had a heap of bands - 9 in fact - that I liked very much and was only the first or second time I had seen them. 2012 had 7 bands fitting that category, 2 in 2013 and 5 in 2014.

With the passing of years, and 70k's penchant for getting repeats (over half the lineup this year had played 70k previously!!), the likelihood of me getting bucketlist bands that I've never before seen on the lineup drops more and more.

So any reduction of the number of bands playing even further reduces the likelihood of that.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
Post Reply 2628 posts