Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: A Swedish War Machine In The Caribbean

by mooyagi » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:29 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Then - gotta find a cabin :P

Hopefully you won't have to rely on the waitlist :?
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:23 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    Warphine wrote:They just played a reunion show at some Euro festival this summer I believe.

Don't do this to me. Now I want it to be Before the Dawn BADLY. I loved this band and was bummed when he put it to rest. And according to the setlist they played with a clean vocalist too, which is something I never got to watch live. Damnit!

They played at the John Smith Festival in Laukaa in July. And yes, I was there. Had to go; my old home town and Delain played the fest as well. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:47 am

cowboy71 wrote:I find the complete lack of female fronted bands on the lineup.... disturbing.

Yeah what's up with that, Andy always puts a couple in the lineup.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:14 am

Phoenix wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I find the complete lack of female fronted bands on the lineup.... disturbing.

Although with Nightwish, Epica, Arch Enemy, Draconian, Therion and whoever those other female fronted bands are that played last year out, doesn't really leave a lot to be desired for (good) female fronted bands...

Except Cripper, Lacuna Coil and Sirenia.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:15 am

Evican wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

Although with Nightwish, Epica, Arch Enemy, Draconian, Therion and whoever those other female fronted bands are that played last year out, doesn't really leave a lot to be desired for (good) female fronted bands...

Don't forget Unleash the Archers and Battle Beast.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:28 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Evican wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Yeah what's up with that, Andy always puts a couple in the lineup.

Don't forget Unleash the Archers and Battle Beast.

Yes, Archers please! Battle Beast, I can't get into. Sounds like bad 80's Glam to me.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:40 am

Evican wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

don't forget Izegrim :beerhorns: :cheers:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:46 am

Downvod wrote:
    Yes, Archers please! Battle Beast, I can't get into. Sounds like bad 80's Glam to me.

I'm the opposite actually - really can't get into UTA. On the other hand, I wouldn't listen to Battle Beast every day, but I really liked what I saw when they opened for Sabaton here in May.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:15 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Downvod wrote:

I'm the opposite actually - really can't get into UTA. On the other hand, I wouldn't listen to Battle Beast every day, but I really liked what I saw when they opened for Sabaton here in May.

I LOVE both!! Phoenix, have you listened to the latest album of UTA? Probably the album of the year for me. And I hate everything they've made before this one. Give it a shot.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:19 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Downvod wrote:

Battle Beast does indeed sound like 80s Glam and I'm not a fan of UTA.

I will forever regret not going in 2013 after petitioning for Unexpect for two years. :cry:
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:20 am

bodomdragon wrote:I LOVE both!! Phoenix, have you listened to the latest album of UTA? Probably the album of the year for me. And I hate everything they've made before this one. Give it a shot.

I haven't, but that's a pretty solid recommendation for it.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:03 am

Evican wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

There's no shortage of good female fronted bands, even with everyone having a different definition of good.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:28 am

acidbasement wrote:
    There's no shortage of good female fronted bands, even with everyone having a different definition of good.

Exactly. And when it comes to female fronted bands, there's non better than Battle Beast

I would also throw in Crystal Viper
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:34 am

I will lose my shit if Battle Beast get announced. There are a few people whose voices make my pants fall off, and Noora is one of them.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:46 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:
    Downvod wrote:

I LOVE both!! Phoenix, have you listened to the latest album of UTA? Probably the album of the year for me. And I hate everything they've made before this one. Give it a shot.

Agreed. I was a casual UTA fan before, but Apex is such s huuuge step forward for the band. It is phenomenal.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Our Ship Just Got A Whole Lot Heavier!

by Andy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:08 am

Not only on our way to the beautiful Turks and Caicos Islands, but also our way back, BENIGHTED will deliver their radical soundtrack to your ultimate heavy metal vacation onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2018, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

You "M"ay not think so, but there really is a plan.

bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Our Ship Just Got A Whole Lot Heavier!

by bodomdragon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:15 am

Masterplan next? Hell yes!!!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:44 am

YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:12 pm

Andy wrote:You "M"ay not think so, but there really is a plan.

I don't believe you, Andy. I don't believe you.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:33 pm

Benighted is a nice surprise. Didn't think bands of their ilk would be on this cruise. They remind me of Aborted but even more grindy.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:13 pm

Warphine wrote:Benighted is a nice surprise. Didn't think bands of their ilk would be on this cruise. They remind me of Aborted but even more grindy.

They are awesome and after Rhia was posting on Facebook about how good they are live, I was really hoping they'd get booked.

It's also the first band announcement I've been right about, hahaha.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:16 pm

Sounds pretty certain that this next band is "Masterplan" if the clue is to be believed this time. Just checked them out, and you guys know Power Metal is normally not my thing, but this band is pretty good. Vocalist reminds me of Russell Allen of Symphony X.

One Power Metal band that I would love to see is "Sunburst". Really enjoyed their latest album.

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:31 pm

HELL FUCKING YEAH

First time since Andy came back from his hiatus that there is a major killing band announced!
    They are at the very top of any brutal genre live, can't wait to see them again!
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:41 pm

TPH wrote:HELL FUCKING YEAH

First time since Andy came back from his hiatus that there is a major killing band announced!
    They are at the very top of any brutal genre live, can't wait to see them again!

Are you no longer posting gifs for the announcements?
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:52 pm

Downvod wrote:Battle Beast, I can't get into. Sounds like bad 80's Glam to me.

This is the most horrific thing I have ever read this year.

About female fronted bands, I was pleasantly surprised with Once Human. This is not the kind of thing I usually enjoy, but they managed to catch my interest, I'd definitely go see them at least once if they are booked.

Sgt.B : the hiatus kinda killed my mood for it, along with new bands that weren't my kind of stuff. But after seeing Benighted I've got some motivation back, when I'm back on my computer I'll probably get up to speed!
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:23 pm

Benighted... Masterplan...this boat is rapidly becoming 70,000 Tons of Meh.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:37 pm

Archspire is touring Japan with Obscura soon. Can we have them too please?

• Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:41 pm

TPH wrote:

Ok? I take it you are a fan? Obviously they are popular here, so I must be missing something... but I don't get the hype or why they are so big with the 70K crowd.

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:45 pm

Downvod wrote:
    TPH wrote:

Ok? I take it you are a fan? Obviously they are popular here, so I must be missing something... but I don't get the hype or why they are so big with the 70K crowd.

I think he's just horrified by the shear concept of "bad 80s Glam"?

I don't think you're missing anything. Noora's voice is very divisive. I like her take on Glam, myself, but I also didn't like Glam originally.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:33 pm

TPH wrote:About female fronted bands, I was pleasantly surprised with Once Human. This is not the kind of thing I usually enjoy, but they managed to catch my interest, I'd definitely go see them at least once if they are booked.

They are VERY similar to Arch Enemy, but the music reminds me of another band but I can't put my finger on who...
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:09 pm

BENIGHTED
    Fuck yeah, another one for the bad guy!

Masterplan, meh. I need My Dying Bride or Myrkyr.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:00 pm

Warphine wrote:Archspire is touring Japan with Obscura soon. Can we have them too please?
    Would love Archspire.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:35 pm

Finally, a French band! Last year we had Nightmare, but I missed them.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:42 pm

Godflesh wrote:Finally, a French band! Last year we had Nightmare, but I missed them.

French band? I WANT GALDERIA!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:08 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:Finally, a French band! Last year we had Nightmare, but I missed them.

French band? I WANT GALDERIA!

Wow, Spotify lists 20 bands related to Galderia, and I haven’t heard about ANY of them!
    Hey, one of them is called Wolfpakk, sounds like we need it this year.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:12 pm

I want Loudblast. I used to hang out with these guys... 30 years ago. Wow, time flies.
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:51 am

Phoenix wrote:I think he's just horrified by the shear concept of "bad 80s Glam"?

:beerwink:

Evican wrote:
    TPH wrote:About female fronted bands, I was pleasantly surprised with Once Human. This is not the kind of thing I usually enjoy, but they managed to catch my interest, I'd definitely go see them at least once if they are booked.

They are VERY similar to Arch Enemy, but the music reminds me of another band but I can't put my finger on who...

Really? I think they have almost nothing in common with Arch Enemy, even the voice sounds quite different to me.
    Arch Enemy put way more (way too much, if you ask me) melodies, have really strong traditional heavy metal roots, whereas Once Human are more of a "modern groove metal with a bit of extreme thrown in" band.
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:35 am

Masterplan is another very solid addition, Camp Power Metal is starting to look good again.
    Never liked Unleash the Archers myself but I have to say Apex is really pretty good!
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:40 am

The Benighted announcement stings a bit, but I've seen them plenty of times already. As long as the M band isn't Metalite, I'm good. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:25 am

So, getting back on track:

Benediction

Swallow The Sun

Die Apokaliptischen Reiter

Wolfchant

Metal Church

Samael

Witchery

Sabaton

Benighted
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
Post Reply 2628 posts