Post Reply 2631 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
  • sara
    Petty Officer

Re: Celebration Of The Boat

by sara » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:38 am

Memnoch wrote:So far none of the announcements have gotten me to regret my decision to sit this one out.

Please Andy, book Vomitory or Cut-Up... :P

Yeah, I've noticed a few regulars (the ones saying the line-up sucks so far) saying they aren't going this year. Very sad but understandable.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:50 am

Nothing is really standing out for me yet. I don't know Obscura or Necrophobic so i'll check them out. Nevertheless, it isn't keeping me from going there is still over 50 more bands to come. Bring it on. Who's next?

If its Running Wild as some speculate, I'm down with that.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

RHAPSODY: The 20th Anniversary Farewell Onbroard

by Andy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:58 am

Sailors, we have something very special for you:

RHAPSODY’s original lineup will enchant you twice onbroad Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!
    That’s right, you'll bear witness to Fabio Lione, Luca Turilli, Dominique Leurquin, Patrice Guers and Alex Holzwarth rocking the biggest open air stage to sail the Open Seas.

“A”fter all this, are you still standing?

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:00 am

Dont think it will be Running Wild - if it WAS, I'd move hell to be on broad.

But some have said that (ironically, considering who they are) Rolf hates boats :P

My guess (and it is purely a guess) is that it will be the Rhapsody Reunion.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: RHAPSODY: The 20th Anniversary Farewell On Board

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:00 am

Oh. SNAP Skipper :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: RHAPSODY: The 20th Anniversary Farewell Onbroard

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:05 am

This I can do. What the hell though, Fabio Leone back on the ship for the third time in a row?
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:12 am

Necrophobic!!!! Been asking for these guys for years. Really excited.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:14 am

Rhapsody

Nap time.

P.S. I kinda like the idea of using a gif for every band, probably going to stick with it. I hope Razor didn't copyright this shit :P
    Last edited by TPH on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2019
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:20 am

metalmaciejmetal wrote:This I can do. What the hell though, Fabio Leone back on the ship for the third time in a row?

Next year he will be filling in on vocals for Deicide just to get on the boat again ;)
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Shadow Son
    Crewman

by Shadow Son » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:49 am

"A" clue...could it possibly by Amon Amarth or are we just assuming now that they won't be booked again? I'd be happy with Abbath.
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:51 am

Can I get Angelus Apatrida for an "A" this year? Aeon, Aborted and Agoraphobic Nosebleed (unlikely) are all also acceptable.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:07 am

So far the only bands that are two setters for me are Korpiklaani and In Extremo, and I've seen them both before. Hoping this continues since I don't think I can responsibly afford this year.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:11 am

Phoenix wrote:So far the only bands that are two setters for me are Korpiklaani and In Extremo, and I've seen them both before. Hoping this continues since I don't think I can responsibly afford this year.

Would have definitely figured you to be a Dark Tranquillity fan?!

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:14 am

OBSCURA

IN EXTREMO

NECROPHOBIC

RHAPSODY
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:17 am

Downvod wrote:
    metalmaciejmetal wrote:This I can do. What the hell though, Fabio Leone back on the ship for the third time in a row?

Next year he will be filling in on vocals for Deicide just to get on the boat again ;)

Fabio in Deicide? Why hasn't this been done yet?
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:23 am

I knew going in that this year was going to be really tough to get there. This 'meh' lineup (so far) is making that decision much easier. I can only assume that these are the "big name" announcements to get as many tickets sold as soon as possible, and they're all either maybe 1 (if nothing else was going on) or 0 setters for me. That's kinda disappointing.

Of course, that could all change pretty quickly. Lots of bands to go.
    Survivor 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:27 am

Gratch wrote:I knew going in that this year was going to be really tough to get there. This 'meh' lineup (so far) is making that decision much easier. I can only assume that these are the "big name" announcements to get as many tickets sold as soon as possible, and they're all either maybe 1 (if nothing else was going on) or 0 setters for me. That's kinda disappointing.

Not so, sir. Last year, Arch Enemy, Kamelot, Gojira, Testament, Carcass, Overkill. All those bigger names were announced later in the game.

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:33 am

Downvod wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:So far the only bands that are two setters for me are Korpiklaani and In Extremo, and I've seen them both before. Hoping this continues since I don't think I can responsibly afford this year.

Dallas is so mad at me for this lol - they're not bad. But I can't get past how gross I think their keyboards sound. They're here in September so maybe seeing them live will change my opinion.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:35 am

Downvod wrote:
    Gratch wrote:I knew going in that this year was going to be really tough to get there. This 'meh' lineup (so far) is making that decision much easier. I can only assume that these are the "big name" announcements to get as many tickets sold as soon as possible, and they're all either maybe 1 (if nothing else was going on) or 0 setters for me. That's kinda disappointing.

Not so, sir. Last year, Arch Enemy, Kamelot, Gojira, Testament, Carcass, Overkill. All those bigger names were announced later in the game.

True, although one of those didn't show and two were last-minute repolacements. So maybe the point stands. ;)

In truth, most of my favorite bands skew more towards the lesser known side of the scale, so this lineup could still come together. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Survivor 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:37 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Downvod wrote:

Dallas is so mad at me for this lol - they're not bad. But I can't get past how gross I think their keyboards sound. They're here in September so maybe seeing them live will change my opinion.

Come on, what is gross about this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=003xlLqvG_E

Every time I saw them live, they were excellent.
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:41 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Downvod wrote:

Definitely hard to fathom a huge melodeath fan not being into DT. One of the founders and most consistent bands in that sub genre. To each their own, though. If you haven't heard the Damage Done or Character albums though, definitely give those a spin.

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:45 am

Downvod wrote:
    Definitely hard to fathom a huge melodeath fan not being into DT. One of the founders and most consistent bands in that sub genre. To each their own, though. If you haven't heard the Damage Done or Character albums though, definitely give those a spin.

I'm definitely willing to give them another try - I'm kind of convinced that it was the production quality on the albums I listened to that made me dislike them. The song TPH linked sounds sick for instance.

Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:49 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Downvod wrote:

I'm definitely willing to give them another try - I'm kind of convinced that it was the production quality on the albums I listened to that made me dislike them. The song TPH linked sounds sick for instance.

What albums did you listen to, out of curiosity? I can't get into 'We Are the Void' at all.

TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:50 am

If you liked this song, definitely give Fiction a spin, then.
    Or you can also watch more videos from their live DVD Where Death Is Most Alive, as well :beerwink:
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:53 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Downvod wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yCeRS3nhSKE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc0LMEbMgSo

Check those two out, and find your new obsession.

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:54 am

Downvod wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:
    Downvod wrote:

What albums did you listen to, out of curiosity? I can't get into 'We Are the Void' at all.

Uhhhh.... it was a lot of them. I know I listened to Mind's I, Fiction (which I actually picked up because I did like it), Atoma, Construct and We Are the Void. Somewhere in there I got demoralised and had to stop.

• bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:55 am

TPH wrote:I'm sure you're a nice guy and all, bodomdragon, but musically speaking you're kind of my nemesis :lol:
    Amaranthe being a 4...there are things I definitely can't understand!

Fun fact: I ended up catching 0 sets from Amaranthe... first one overlapped with something better and second one overlapped with me spending an amazing morning at the merch line :D
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:00 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:
    Downvod wrote:

Uhhhh.... it was a lot of them. I know I listened to Mind's I, Fiction (which I actually picked up because I did like it), Atoma, Construct and We Are the Void. Somewhere in there I got demoralised and had to stop.

Fiction for me is probably the only top notch album out of those you listed. You Definitely need to check out Character, Damage Done, and Haven. Those are some of the best melodeath albums ever made, in my humble opinion.

• sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:06 am

Razor Ramon wrote:IN EXTREMO

In Extremo? Really? I didn't figure you for an In Extremo fan.

Rhapsody is firmly in Dallas territory, so I think it's easy to know my opinion, heh. I don't think they're terrible, but I'm not interested.
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:08 am

I'm absolutely in love with Projector, but this is an album that won't work for everyone.
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:12 am

sara wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:IN EXTREMO

In Extremo? Really? I didn't figure you for an In Extremo fan.

Rhapsody is firmly in Dallas territory, so I think it's easy to know my opinion, heh. I don't think they're terrible, but I'm not interested.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised he reacted favorably to In Extremo as well, lol. I thought that would draw another 'goofy shit' post.

Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:36 am

I would gladly ACCEPT another cool announcement.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Disciples of the Caribbean Sea

by Andy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:03 am

Out of the ruins of empires rise AETERNAM! Please welcome them for their first voyage onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

That’s the first 10 out of 60 bands! What else could we have in store? You’ll just have to wait to find out...

And to our loyal Survivors, booking begins soon! Please check your eMail inboxes to find your early booking invitations. If do not find it, please check your Spam folder and then contact us. We can’t wait to welcome you on board in February!

We never said that we were finished! “S”tick around!

acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Disciples of the Caribbean Sea

by acidbasement » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:14 am

Aw hell yeah!
    motherfucker announce some bands #FORTHWITH and let us book
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:15 am

Never heard about them before, I've just listened to a song on YouTube, at least worth a try. We'll see.
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:25 am

TPH wrote:Image

Never heard about them before, I've just listened to a song on YouTube, at least worth a try. We'll see.

They are flipping awesome man. Check out 'Zadyin Arga' and 'Colossus'

• citizen
    Wiper

by citizen » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:31 am

Hey Skipper - just to be clear, should we expect to already have emails to book as survivors or just be watching for them? Asking since I definitely don't see one yet. Thanks!
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:34 am

WHAAAAT NO WAY

Well that's a swing in the right direction, holy shit.

And if this is Sabaton I guess I'm buying a ticket.

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: Vodka! Vodka! Hey!

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:35 am

Downvod wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:1 for 5, no where near last year's line up.

They just started man, lol

1 for 10 ,between the ruled out bands (last year ,never-boaters and already booked elsewhere )this year has to be bad for me.Pile on the stuff I don't like please,2019 maybe.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:37 am

I've heard OF Aeternum but never really listened. I'm giving it a shot now but not sold yet.

Oh god, a clean vocals part. Please no. Hopefully the rest is better. It's not bad.
Post Reply 2631 posts