Post Reply 89 posts
70K 2018 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

70K 2018 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad

by Pellaz » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:07 pm

Okay, by, uh, popular demand we'll do this again in 2018. And maybe this time I'll walk around the corner by the basketball court and find the main mass of people sooner. :lol:

Who: anyone from the Forum -- old hands, newbies, all are welcome -- and anyone from the 70K groups over on Facebook.

What: the completely unofficial 70K Forum and 70K Facebook Groups' Meet'n'greet. A chance to put names to faces and see old cruise compadres again. It'll be time to celebrate: we're on the damned boat, we didn't miss it, and we have now become part of the best metal cruise in the world! :headbanger:

Where: Sports Deck near the basketball court (Deck 13 aft), same as last year for those who were there. Yes, it's on Deck 13. You get there by using the aft elevators; if your elevator doesn't go all the way to 13, get off at Deck 12 and find a lift with an "up" button. :lol:
    If the weather is really rainy or stormy -- not likely, but it is possible -- we can move to an indoor bar, maybe the Schooner Bar, On-Air Club by Studio B or Boleros.

Why: because we can, damnit!

How: by stairs, or elevator, or TARDIS. You'll have to get permission to arrive by helicopter. :lol:

When: starting at 3:30 pm after embarkation (Feb. 1st) and lasting up to Muster Drill*, then maybe afterward for those who don't have to rush off to see any must-watch bands playing during the first time-slot.
    Why 3:30 on embark day? Because this is the only real chance we have to gather. Once the bands start playing, right after Muster Drill, things get too crazy. This also allows time before 3:30 to start drinking, get settled, explore the ship, start drinking, etc.

I can't re-link our badge/sticker artwork because I'm posting this from work, but it's in last year's meet'n'greet thread. It's pretty awesome. :twisted:

---------------
    * What's a Muster Drill? Ahh, you must be new to these parts. It's your chance to meet everyone within your muster station on the ship, maybe hear the safety briefing and take a gander at your lifeboat. It's a Royal pain, but it's required by international law and alas, you can't skip it.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Re: 70K 2018 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad

by Godflesh » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:16 am

We need those stickers back, and to wear them at the drill as a badge of honor!
    But shit, the sun in my face at this year's drill, I melted like the wicked witch.
    Any trick to bypass the drill? Diaherra?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:49 am

I'm in \o/
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:57 am

I'll do my best to be there, too!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:13 am

Let's take a group photo this time.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:23 am

Shame there's no bar on the 13th floor.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:09 am

Godflesh wrote:We need those stickers back, and to wear them at the drill as a badge of honor!

I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Bodomdragon and cowboy71...NOW it's a party. :lol:

Godflesh wrote:We need those stickers back, and to wear them at the drill as a badge of honor!

Hell, I did last year. Safety pins were awesome because we could wear them more than once.
    "Where did you get that? Can I get one?"
    "Uhh, well, ummm...." :bmhorns:

But shit, the sun in my face at this year's drill, I melted like the wicked witch.
    Any trick to bypass the drill? Diaherra?

Technically, no, although medical exceptions can be made for people who can't stand*, etc. In those cases their muster drill is handled inside.
    On my "cheap regular" cruise last October (on Carnival Vista) the muster drill was actually held inside...for us, it was in the main theater.
    Actual seats.
    No sun.
    I thought I'd died and gone to heaven; it was the first time I'd had an "inside" muster drill since cruise #2 back in 2011.

Seriously, bring a hat or a cap to block the sun...and hope that your side of the ship is in shade during muster. Last year on 70K we lucked out. The year before it was torture.

Phoenix wrote:Shame there's no bar on the 13th floor.

The Wipeout Bar is supposed to be open and it's right around the corner from the meetpoint. Royal must not think we're an athletic crowd. :lol:

Bob wrote:Let's take a group photo this time, too.

THIS.

----
    * and being too drunk to stand is, alas, not an acceptable excuse :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:33 pm

acidbasement wrote:

We can get the stickers again. Steph should still have the file in her email from last year. It makes the guy that prints them laugh so it's worth it :P

Updated design for next year?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:53 pm

I'll be there! Those stickers were great. Last cruise was the first time my muster drill station wasn't staring directly into the sun. Only took 8 cruises. We got to sit in the air conditioned main dining room. It was glorious. I felt a little bad for our muster drill station guy. He was really laying it on with the cruise humor but his jokes were meant for a normal cruise crowd.

Pellaz wrote:The Wipeout Bar is supposed to be open and it's right around the corner from the meetpoint. Royal must not think we're an athletic crowd. :lol:

Beer is a sport. Those buckets are heavy... for about 10 minutes. But yes, load up on beer before you get there.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:30 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    acidbasement wrote:

We can get the stickers again. Steph should still have the file in her email from last year. It makes the guy that prints them laugh so it's worth it :P

Updated design for next year?

ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:33 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:Image

BOAT SATAN

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:31 pm

I'm in!

PS: I love that Swim Reaper!
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:46 pm

lol, that Swim Reaper is great...although maybe hard to print on a sticker or badge.

mooyagi wrote:I'll be there! Those stickers were great.

Awesome!

Last cruise was the first time my muster drill station wasn't staring directly into the sun. Only took 8 cruises. We got to sit in the air conditioned main dining room. It was glorious.

Woah, what sorcery is this? An INSIDE muster station? TELL US WHERE YOUR CABIN WAS, WE WANT TO CHANGE! :lol:

I felt a little bad for our muster drill station guy. He was really laying it on with the cruise humor but his jokes were meant for a normal cruise crowd.

I'd have loved to see that. "For all our Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle guests...." <blank stare>

mooyagi wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:The Wipeout Bar is supposed to be open and it's right around the corner from the meetpoint. Royal must not think we're an athletic crowd. :lol:

Beer is a sport. Those buckets are heavy... for about 10 minutes. But yes, load up on beer before you get there.

Technically they can make you dump the beer if you show up with one at muster drill, but since I haven't heard any tales of rioting and ship's crew being tossed over the side, I'm thinking they haven't been trying. :lol:
    ....So, guzzle it down beforehand. :stagger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:39 pm

I will be there, bright blue hair and all :D

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Evican wrote:I'm in!

PS: I love that Swim Reaper!

he's the best!
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:24 am

I will be there too :cheers:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    JamieS
    Crewman

by JamieS » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:40 am

Pellaz wrote:Woah, what sorcery is this? An INSIDE muster station? TELL US WHERE YOUR CABIN WAS, WE WANT TO CHANGE! :lol:

Technically they can make you dump the beer if you show up with one at muster drill, but since I haven't heard any tales of rioting and ship's crew being tossed over the side, I'm thinking they haven't been trying. :lol:
    ....So, guzzle it down beforehand. :stagger:

My muster station was in the Pyramid Lounge last (er... this) year. Not in the sun, but super crowded. I was in one of the front-facing family ocean view cabins on 9.

I definitely showed up with a beer, and they didn't say anything.
    4x Survivor: 2017-2020
    2021: Can we get the date?
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:56 am

Did they take roll at the muster drill station we are assigned to go to, like scan our badge or something? I can't remember, just curious, hehe! ;)
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:39 am

Bob wrote:Did they take roll at the muster drill station we are assigned to go to, like scan our badge or something? I can't remember, just curious, hehe! ;)

Yes they do
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:00 pm

Bob wrote:Did they take roll at the muster drill station we are assigned to go to, like scan our badge or something? I can't remember, just curious, hehe! ;)

They'll drag you out of bed if they have to :lol:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:04 pm

I recall one year where there was a huge line so I just walked past the check in point and lined up without giving my name. Never heard anything from it later on.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:08 pm

klons wrote:

They'll drag you out of bed if they have to :lol:

Yep, part of the crew is assigned to go room-to-room, and once a room is cleared, they mark it.

I don't remember a "serious" attempt at taking roll last February, like scanning badges, but I remember seeing them try to count bodies. They DID scan badges on my "regular, cheap cruise" in October, and called out the miscreants who got there late. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:10 am

It didn't work last year.

I'm definitely in this year!
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:20 pm

The inside muster station is actually worse...it was shoulder to shoulder with no ventilation, I'd take outside any day.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:56 pm

alex_canada wrote:The inside muster station is actually worse...it was shoulder to shoulder with no ventilation, I'd take outside any day.

Wasn't like that in the dining room. At least on our side. Got to sit at the tables.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:12 pm

alex_canada wrote:The inside muster station is actually worse...it was shoulder to shoulder with no ventilation, I'd take outside any day.

:shock: Where was your inside muster held?
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Pellaz wrote:

Probably same one I was in, Pyramid Lounge.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

Probably same one I was in, Pyramid Lounge.

Oh, well, THERE's your problem. It's a shithole to begin with! :lol: :twisted: :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:09 pm

So what's the deal with the stickers? Are they supposed to be there at the meeting point for grabs?
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:04 pm

cegr80 wrote:So what's the deal with the stickers? Are they supposed to be there at the meeting point for grabs?

Yes, if all works out as it has the past couple of years, some Nice Awesome Person will bring them and have them available.

It's good to bring a Sharpie so you can write your nickname on there. 'Course, it's good to have a Sharpie handy at any time. There's a REASON Metallica tours used to be sponsored by Sharpie. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:27 pm

Pellaz wrote:It's good to bring a Sharpie so you can write your nickname on there. 'Course, it's good to have a Sharpie handy at any time. There's a REASON Metallica tours used to be sponsored by Sharpie. :lol:

LOL, I have tons of Sharpies. I'll bring one for sure
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • sorrowtothegrave
    Wiper

by sorrowtothegrave » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:43 pm

See u all there. :death:
  • Glazerbeam
    Wiper

by Glazerbeam » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:18 pm

Newbie here, excited to meet everyone!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:19 am

Awesome! Always good to see old faces and meet new ones. :headbanger:

And yeah, THIS time we need to get a group photo before everyone has to run off.

Really hoping the stickers (and maybe safety pins) will be procured and ready for us. :bangers:
    2025 Wishlist:
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:34 pm

Will try to make it this year...mostly because I want that bitchin' sticker.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:47 am

Last night I ordered my Smoking Jesus shirt so I can wear it on the meet and greet. Don't know what I was thinking when I created my username, people certainly will not remember it. So Smoking Jesus it is!
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:08 am

Maybe this year I'll actually make it
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:18 pm

Hey y'all, I'm happy to get the stickers printed again (and I'll bring the pins too). Are we using the same design? Also if someone wants to make one that's a general "my name is" that'd be cool too, I had a lot of non forumites who wanted them as well. Looking forward to seeing everyone SOOOOOON!! :party:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:40 am

Daenerys wrote:Hey y'all, I'm happy to get the stickers printed again (and I'll bring the pins too).

Thanks.....or maybe we should say FIRE AND BLOOD. :headbanger:

Are we using the same design?

Judging from most people's reactions including on the Facebook Forum Fiends group, YES.

Also if someone wants to make one that's a general "my name is" that'd be cool too, I had a lot of non forumites who wanted them as well.

Tell 'em to get the hell onto the Forum! :lol:

More seriously, if no-one makes alternate stickers in time, those unbelievers could always mark through "Forum" on the badge and use it, if it came down to it.

Looking forward to seeing everyone SOOOOOON!! :party:

SoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOOOOoooooon.

Now if only we could get our check-in emails from UMC......
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Post Reply 89 posts