Post Reply 702 posts
2019 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: 2019 Wishlist

by Pellaz » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:01 pm

Phoenix wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:15 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:54 pm One thing I find a little bit funny about this though - one of the bands that we consider will be 'headliners', SOULFLY, has the second LEAST requests :P
    And the #4 most requested band probably gets 45 minutes. Headlining means nothing to cruisers, we like the good obscure shit.
    Ahem. We ARE a bit of an elite audience. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:55 am

cegr80 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:51 pm
    bodomdragon wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:59 am Adding yet another awesome Australian band: Caligula's Horse. Progressive Metal as it is meant to be!! This guys are awesome.
    Agreed, they're quite good but I don't see their style fitting on this boat
    There must be a little bit of everything, right? I hope we get AT LEAST one progressive metal band, and if it can't be Seventh Wonder playing Mercy Falls in its entirety, they should keep Caligula's Horse in the radar, they are amazing live.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:32 am

bodomdragon wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:55 am
    cegr80 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:51 pm
    bodomdragon wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:59 am Adding yet another awesome Australian band: Caligula's Horse. Progressive Metal as it is meant to be!! This guys are awesome.
    Agreed, they're quite good but I don't see their style fitting on this boat
    There must be a little bit of everything, right? I hope we get AT LEAST one progressive metal band, and if it can't be Seventh Wonder playing Mercy Falls in its entirety, they should keep Caligula's Horse in the radar, they are amazing live.
    I think they're cool, if we get them onbroad then I'll be very happy
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:26 pm

When I stop and think about it, we do have some damn cool bands from Australia.

Never caught Caligula's Horse live but yeah, they would be a cool addition.

(and checking back over my compiled list of wishes, we've already had a few requests for them :) )
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:18 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:26 pm When I stop and think about it, we do have some damn cool bands from Australia.

(and checking back over my compiled list of wishes, we've already had a few requests for them :) )
    You aussies have great bands, indeed. So far I enjoy: Karnivool, Lord, Caligula's Horse, Voyager, Be'lakor
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:56 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:18 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:26 pm When I stop and think about it, we do have some damn cool bands from Australia.

You aussies have great bands, indeed. So far I enjoy: Karnivool, Lord, Caligula's Horse, Voyager, Be'lakor
    Another couple I can recommend are:

- VALHALORE if you like viking/folk style metal
    - Vanishing Point if you like power metal with a bit of a prog leaning
    - Lagerstein if you like drunken pirate metal fun a la Alestorm
    - Seraphic if you like female fronted symphonic-type metal
    - Awaken Solace if you want more of the above.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:34 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:56 pm

And for those in the “none of the above” category like myself: KING PARROT, TWELVE FOOT NINJA, PSYCROPTIC, NE OBLIVISCARIS, MORTAL SIN (defunct)...
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:57 am

Those last three are fantastic, and interesting enough, they all put up a hell of a show every time I catch them live.

I also recommend Teramaze, also coming from Australia, seeing your taste I'm quite sure you'll dig them.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:22 am

Godflesh wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:34 pm And for those in the “none of the above” category like myself: KING PARROT, TWELVE FOOT NINJA, PSYCROPTIC, NE OBLIVISCARIS, MORTAL SIN (defunct)...
    Damn, totally forgot about this bunch. Some really good stuff there!
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:52 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:56 pm

I am quite excited to check out all of those, thanks!
    Decius88
    Oiler

by Decius88 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:23 pm

I talked to Maurizio from Kataklysm and Ex Deo on facebook a short while ago. He told me "we'll see if its possible" to attending 70,000 tons of metal as Ex Deo. As I mentioned in my last post they are touring with Soulfly as Kataklysm right after so I'm hoping that they are able to make this happen. He seems willing, all up to is 70,000 tons want to invite them and if nothing else gets in their way of coming. :D
    David Carmichael
    British Columbia Canada

Wish List:
    Alestorm|AmonAmarth|ArchEnemy|AtTheGates|AlienWeaponry|CattleDecapitation|DimmuBorgir|ExDeo|Gojira|Jinjer|LambofGod|Liberatia|Rammstein|Slipknot|TamaHills|Testament|The Agonist|Whitechapel
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:45 pm

Decius88 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:23 pm I talked to Maurizio from Kataklysm and Ex Deo on facebook a short while ago. He told me "we'll see if its possible" to attending 70,000 tons of metal as Ex Deo. As I mentioned in my last post they are touring with Soulfly as Kataklysm right after so I'm hoping that they are able to make this happen. He seems willing, all up to is 70,000 tons want to invite them and if nothing else gets in their way of coming. :D
    If Ex Deo was to get on that would become my top band to see in 2019!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:02 pm

Marking a few in red that are ruled out.

Back to B again!

77 Amon Amarth
    57 Dimmu Borgir
    50 Blind Guardian
    48 Ne Obliviscaris
    47 Wintersun
    46 Eluveitie, Gojira
    43 Ensiferum
    42 Behemoth, Powerwolf
    38 Amorphis, Gloryhammer, Tyr
    37 Borknagar, Nightwish, Turisas
    36 Symphony X
    35 Accept
    34 Iced Earth, Unleash The Archers
    33 Helloween
    32 Epica
    31 Be'lakor, Edguy
    29 Mors Principium Est
    28 Devin Townsend, Finntroll, Opeth
    27 Avantasia, Moonspell
    26 Children of Bodom, Emperor, Equilibrium, Kalmah, Moonsorrow, Myrath, Rotting Christ, Therion
    25 Lacuna Coil, Orphaned Land, Within Temptation
    24 Death Angel
    23 Allegaeon, Arch Enemy, Orden Ogan, Paradise Lost, Stratovarius, Twilight Force
    22 Arkona, Bloodbath, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Hypocrisy
    21 Abbath, Hammerfall, Kamelot
    20 Delain, Dragonforce, Gamma Ray, Heidevolk, Primordial
    19 Ihsahn, Manegarm, MGLA, Omnium Gatherum, Running Wild
    18 Ancient Bards, Dalriada, Testament
    17 Amaranthe, Beast In Black, Candlemass, My Dying Bride, Warbringer
    16 Carach Angren, Ex Deo
    15 Batushka, Carcass, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Elvenking, Haggard, Havok, In Flames, Katatonia, King Diamond, Myrkur, Saltatio Mortis, Sodom, The Crown, VUUR
    14 At the Gates, Decapitated, Kvelertak, Morbid Angel, Persefone, Power Trip, Satyricon, Skalmold, Vader
    13 Abinchova, Chthonic, Dragony, Exmortus, Ghost Ship Octavius, In Vain, Melechesh, Nektrogoblikon, Savatage, Saxon, Skeletonwitch, Tankard, Trollfest, Van Canto, Visigoth

Adding those outside the top 100:
    12 Nile (121st), Obituary (122nd)
    10 Rage (148th), Visions of Atlantis (150th)
    9 Dark Funeral (157th)
    8 Coroner (172nd), Riot V (186th)
    7 MaYan (211th), Subway to Sally (213th)
    7 Tiamat (217th)
    6 God Dethroned (243rd), The Black Dahlia Murder (261st), Tristania (272nd)
    4 Grim Reaper (361st)
    3 Onslaught (492nd)
    2 Pestilence (730th)
    2 Soulfly (762nd)
    1 Vomitory (1,613th)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Decius88
    Oiler

by Decius88 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:11 pm

mbob wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:45 pm
    Decius88 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:23 pm I talked to Maurizio from Kataklysm and Ex Deo on facebook a short while ago. He told me "we'll see if its possible" to attending 70,000 tons of metal as Ex Deo. As I mentioned in my last post they are touring with Soulfly as Kataklysm right after so I'm hoping that they are able to make this happen. He seems willing, all up to is 70,000 tons want to invite them and if nothing else gets in their way of coming. :D
    If Ex Deo was to get on that would become my top band to see in 2019!
    This would become my top band to see for the entire year of 2019 as well for sure.
    David Carmichael
    British Columbia Canada

Wish List:
    Alestorm|AmonAmarth|ArchEnemy|AtTheGates|AlienWeaponry|CattleDecapitation|DimmuBorgir|ExDeo|Gojira|Jinjer|LambofGod|Liberatia|Rammstein|Slipknot|TamaHills|Testament|The Agonist|Whitechapel
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:27 pm

One request for Bodyfarm.

Back to M next.

77 Amon Amarth
    57 Dimmu Borgir
    50 Blind Guardian
    48 Ne Obliviscaris
    47 Wintersun
    46 Eluveitie, Gojira
    43 Ensiferum
    42 Behemoth, Powerwolf
    36 Symphony X
    35 Accept
    33 Helloween
    32 Epica
    31 Be'lakor, Edguy
    29 Mors Principium Est
    27 Avantasia, Moonspell
    26 Children of Bodom, Emperor, Equilibrium, Kalmah, Moonsorrow, Myrath, Rotting Christ, Therion
    24 Death Angel
    23 Allegaeon, Arch Enemy, Orden Ogan, Paradise Lost, Stratovarius, Twilight Force
    16 Carach Angren, Ex Deo
    15 Batushka, Carcass, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Elvenking, Haggard, Havok, In Flames, Katatonia, King Diamond, Myrkur, Saltatio Mortis, Sodom, The Crown, VUUR
    14 At the Gates, Decapitated, Kvelertak, Morbid Angel, Persefone, Power Trip, Satyricon, Skalmold, Vader
    13 Abinchova, Chthonic, Dragony, Exmortus, Ghost Ship Octavius, In Vain, Melechesh, Nektrogoblikon, Savatage, Saxon, Skeletonwitch, Tankard, Trollfest, Van Canto, Visigoth

9 Dark Funeral (157th)
    7 Tiamat (217th)
    4 Grim Reaper (361st)
    3 Onslaught (492nd)
    2 Pestilence (730th)
    2 Soulfly (762nd)
    1 Bodyfarm (930th), Vomitory (1,613th)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:42 pm

MPE highly requested. Next clue is 'S'.

77 Amon Amarth
    57 Dimmu Borgir
    50 Blind Guardian
    48 Ne Obliviscaris
    47 Wintersun
    46 Eluveitie, Gojira
    43 Ensiferum
    42 Behemoth, Powerwolf
    36 Symphony X
    35 Accept
    33 Helloween
    32 Epica
    31 Be'lakor, Edguy
    29 Mors Principium Est
    27 Avantasia, Moonspell
    24 Death Angel
    16 Carach Angren, Ex Deo

9 Dark Funeral (157th)
    7 Tiamat (217th)
    4 Grim Reaper (361st)
    3 Onslaught (492nd)
    2 Pestilence (730th)
    2 Soulfly (762nd)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:27 am

Fairly highly requested.

And I don't need to change my yellow highlights as the next clue is 'S' again.

77 Amon Amarth
    57 Dimmu Borgir
    50 Blind Guardian
    48 Ne Obliviscaris
    47 Wintersun
    46 Eluveitie, Gojira
    43 Ensiferum
    42 Behemoth, Powerwolf
    36 Symphony X
    35 Accept
    33 Helloween
    32 Epica
    31 Be'lakor, Edguy
    29 Mors Principium Est
    27 Avantasia, Moonspell
    24 Death Angel
    16 Carach Angren, Ex Deo

9 Dark Funeral (157th)
    7 Tiamat (217th)
    4 Grim Reaper (361st)
    3 Onslaught (492nd)
    2 Pestilence (730th)
    2 Soulfly (762nd)
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:27 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:27 am Fairly highly requested.

And I don't need to change my yellow highlights as the next clue is 'S' again.
    What's really cool is that, of all the "S" bands showing in yellow, I'd be pretty satisfied with any of them...and really happy over several. :beerbang:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:43 am

All I need is Powerwolf or Heaven Shall Burn and that's enough from my wishlist to go.
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
      jeyrow
      Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:28 pm

Saltatio Mortis or Skálmöld could be a great band repeated.

about new bands, I could add Schandmaul or Svartby

:viking:
      70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
      70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
      70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
      70000Tons - 2018 - No
      70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
      70000Tons - 2020 - No
      slayergeek
      Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:43 am

Lets get another Japanese band on again. Gotsu Totsu Kotsu!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9dYfkgpqvU
      Survivor
      • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
      • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
      • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
      WishList
      • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
      Ethrivas
      Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:58 am

Adding Marianas Rest and Decembre Noir to my wishlist.
      Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
      2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
      2023: Skip year
    • Bob
      Petty Officer

by Bob » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:09 pm

slayergeek wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:43 am Lets get another Japanese band on again. Gotsu Totsu Kotsu!

Babymetal is Japanese! Plus they've never played the boat, haha!
      Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
      1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
      2. Never seen them live.
      Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
      3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
      Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
      70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    • Bob
      Petty Officer

by Bob » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:14 pm

jeyrow wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:28 pm Saltatio Mortis or Skálmöld could be a great band repeated.

:viking:
      There should be a most fan-friendly-artist award. Jörg Roth of Saltatio Mortis should get it. He was everywhere, taking selfies with the guests, chatting up everybody, he was awesome. It was truly the spirit-of-Andy in the best way that there are no VIP lanes and the fans and the guests mix freely.

Konvent
      2. Never seen them live.
      Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
      Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
      slayergeek
      Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:57 pm

Bob wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:09 pm
      slayergeek wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:43 am Lets get another Japanese band on again. Gotsu Totsu Kotsu!

Babymetal is Japanese! Plus they've never played the boat, haha!
      The band in the video is NOT Baby Metal
      Survivor
      • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
      • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
      • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
      WishList
      • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    • Bob
      Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:05 am

Pellaz wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:20 pm So, I went ahead and Made A Thing.

This is hopefully a list of every band that has played 70K, including Barge To Hell, and the year(s) they played. Now includes announced 2019 bands up through Obituary.
      Nice list, thank you Pellaz!

Questions:

1. Anybody got a list that shows every band that has been wish listed, and if possible what their wish-list count is?

2. Cripper band: official definition?

Konvent
      2. Never seen them live.
    • Phoenix
      Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:02 am

Bob wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:05 am
      Pellaz wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:20 pm So, I went ahead and Made A Thing.

This is hopefully a list of every band that has played 70K, including Barge To Hell, and the year(s) they played. Now includes announced 2019 bands up through Obituary.
      Nice list, thank you Pellaz!

Questions:

1. Anybody got a list that shows every band that has been wish listed, and if possible what their wish-list count is?

2. Cripper band: official definition?
      1. Yes, Statsman. He literally does that every year - just check the wishlist thread.
      2. it flexes, but typically go with less than 10,000 last.fm listeners. That is in every thread we've ever talked about Crippers in.

Survivor:
      Out for 2023
    • Bob
      Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:46 am

FinnPete wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:01 pm If next one is worth the wait and big name is left until public sales. How about unexpected Rammstein.
      I would love to see them, but unfortunately some bands are just too big for the boat.

I will be traveling somewhere in 2019 to see them when they tour 5 USA cities, hopefully by then their new album will be released also.

Konvent
      2. Never seen them live.
    • Bob
      Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:49 am

Phoenix wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:02 am ...
      1. Yes, Statsman. He literally does that every year - just check the wishlist thread.
      Thanks Pheonix, I found the top 100 list but I'm interested in the comprehensive complete list. It would be very interesting.

Konvent
      2. Never seen them live.
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:04 pm

Bob wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:49 am
      Phoenix wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:02 am ...
      Thanks Pheonix, I found the top 100 list but I'm interested in the comprehensive complete list. It would be very interesting.
      Yeah upon request I've thrown previous complete lists up.

I'll chuck the spreadsheet up onto my host later on, and share the link here when I do.
      Upcoming Gigs:
      2025 Wishlist
    • Jotunheimr
      Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Bob wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:46 am
      FinnPete wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:01 pm ...Rammstein.
      ...see them when they tour 5 USA cities....
      Do tell! :cheers:
      2015: 6511
      2016: 7455
      2020: 3240
      2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
      Decius88
      Oiler

by Decius88 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:26 pm

Ex Deo.... please i'm desperate! lol!
      I'll even make a deal (sign a contract) that if you guys get Ex Deo i'll get a 70,000 tons of metal tattoo before the cruise! and if i don't idk you get to nut me or something cruel and painful lmfao :P
      David Carmichael
      British Columbia Canada

Wish List:
      acidbasement
      Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:54 am

I'm late to the party, but GRAI's latest album "Ashes" is really awesome. https://grai.bandcamp.com/album/ashes-2017
      I would love it if they were booked.
      I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
      cegr80
      Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:50 pm

I'm totally obsessed with Be'lakor! Such an awesome band! What are the chances of them getting on the boat?
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:57 pm

cegr80 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:50 pm I'm totally obsessed with Be'lakor! Such an awesome band! What are the chances of them getting on the boat?
      They are sweeeeet live too!

Always tough getting Australian bands onto 70K so I think the likelihood of them making 2019 would be slim.

Reckon they will get there one day though!
      Upcoming Gigs:
      2025 Wishlist
    • Fulorian
      Crewman

by Fulorian » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:14 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:57 pm
      cegr80 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:50 pm I'm totally obsessed with Be'lakor! Such an awesome band! What are the chances of them getting on the boat?
      They are sweeeeet live too!

Always tough getting Australian bands onto 70K so I think the likelihood of them making 2019 would be slim.

Reckon they will get there one day though!
      Yeah, those people that live in Australia like Ne Obliviscaris and Andy Gillion would never make their way to this part of the world...
      Survivor - 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
      Ethrivas
      Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:53 pm

Every Be'lakor album so far is top-notch. They carry the flag of quality on melodeath front. I really hope they will be included to this years' cruise.
      Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    • Phoenix
      Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:17 pm

Eh. Vessels was quite mediocre, imo.

Survivor:
      Out for 2023
      Ethrivas
      Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:55 pm

Phoenix wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:17 pm Eh. Vessels was quite mediocre, imo.
      Yeah, other three albums are much better but The Smoke of Many Fires is a masterpiece imho.
      cegr80
      Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:11 pm

I can see why some people think of Vessels as their least favorite, but goddamn it is still cool af
    Post Reply 702 posts