Post Reply 383 posts
2019 Rumors and Predictions
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: 2019 Rumors and Predictions

by Phoenix » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:42 pm

Amalu wrote:Hmm, I really don't think so. It seems their strategy for social media communication is more to give no information but the very basic facts. I think you can take it as a given, at least this year. You might be right though with the "thinning the herd" strategy of letting everyone wait as long as possible. :|

I mean, it's working! So much has happened in my life lately that I need a vacation, now, and if 70k doesn't hurry up I'm going to spend that money on a spa week.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:02 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Amalu wrote:So this is something from the 70k Facebook page:

So at least for now there will not be any change to the Gold/Silver booking system.

Or at least, not as far as their social media people have been told about.

Any particular reason you think the social media team is being kept out of the loop on what's happening? I see people in the 70k Facebook group referencing you to reinforce their "it might be canceled" opinions because of these statements, but I see no indication of them being true. I assume they (as I'm sure the team is small) know quite a bit and are simply not permitted to say anything...
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Their social media team can get bent, quite frankly.

I didn't see it myself but apparently somewhere on one of the recent posts, when people complained that prices of flights are getting more expensive the longer we wait, they replied that they should just book their flights and worry about announcements later.

WUT.

There is so much wrong with that I don't know where to start!!!

How about:

a) With the speed cabins have been selling the last year or two, there is no guarantee even veterans will get a cabin!

b) Most of us have to save and save to afford this cruise, so tend to have to book the cheapest (NON REFUNDABLE) flights. So if we don't get a cabin (or 70K doesn't happen) we are screwed.

c) What if the lineup sucks? Sure blah-blah you'll-have-fun-no-matter-the-lineup blah-blah. To some of us the lineup IS important.

Sheer arrogance on their behalf if you ask me.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:39 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Their social media team can get bent, quite frankly.

I didn't see it myself but apparently somewhere on one of the recent posts, when people complained that prices of flights are getting more expensive the longer we wait, they replied that they should just book their flights and worry about announcements later.

WUT.

There is so much wrong with that I don't know where to start!!!

How about:

a) With the speed cabins have been selling the last year or two, there is no guarantee even veterans will get a cabin!

b) Most of us have to save and save to afford this cruise, so tend to have to book the cheapest (NON REFUNDABLE) flights. So if we don't get a cabin (or 70K doesn't happen) we are screwed.

c) What if the lineup sucks? Sure blah-blah you'll-have-fun-no-matter-the-lineup blah-blah. To some of us the lineup IS important.

Sheer arrogance on their behalf if you ask me.

T.H.I.S.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:07 pm

Ti7aNiC wrote:Any particular reason you think the social media team is being kept out of the loop on what's happening? ...

Any particular reason you think the social media team should know everything that's going on 'behind the scenes'? This is just like any other company, not everyone - actually nearly noone - knows what the ones in charge are up to.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:19 am

Don't worry... The wait for 2020cruise will be even worse as 2019cruise (this one) will be sold-out even faster.
    Their strategy is clear : the less info we give+the more we don't listen to customers requests = the fastest we sell. This has worked for them SO GOOD the previous years (except the barge), they have NO REASON to change.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:27 am

Travis Ryan posted this on his FB wall:

"...sitting on a ton of killer Cattle Decapitation news for the last few months. Shit's killin' me! SOON..."

Could be a hint maybe?
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:44 am

Godflesh wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Pure fucking gold

T.H.I.S.

Agreed. On all of this. If his strategy is to piss off his loyal customer base to the point where enough of them quit to let new blood in, that's shitty for everyone involved except MAYBE UMC.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:43 am

I'm not sure newbies will sign up in droves to give thousands of dollars to UMC when they see this clusterfuck.
    There are 150,000 people seeing the comments and angry "likes" on FB and "is it still happening?" questions. That's bad PR.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:06 am

Godflesh wrote:I'm not sure newbies will sign up in droves to give thousands of dollars to UMC when they see this clusterfuck.
    There are 150,000 people seeing the comments and angry "likes" on FB and "is it still happening?" questions. That's bad PR.

Well I'm a newbie so I can give you just a little bit of insight. All things considered it does not good.

I've spoken to gold status survivors during concerts so I know that it is always a bit of a more relaxed organization (some evil persons might call it chaotic). I'm pretty cool with that. I do however think that 70k's communication strategy really should change and have posted so on Facebook as well.

I'd say newbies might just react very similar to survivors. Some will change their minds, make other plans and will no longer try to get a ticket. Others wait patiently and hope for the best.

I think the best PR 70k has is hear-say. Reading you guys' posts and feeling the enthusiasm is more than enough for me to keep waiting patiently for my slim changes during public sales.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:23 am

Also, remember that Gold survivors get a 10% discount (15% if paid in full), and silver 5% (10% if paid in full), so the less there are of those, the better for UMC. The problem is that each year, there are more of those...
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:59 am

70K has always done two things really well.

1. Deliver an incredible experience onboard.

2. Make people FUCKING RAGE about the lack of communication in the lead-up.

Last year it seemed that things were better in terms of communication. But let's remember that last year was not the norm.

The cruise is going to happen, and it's going to be awesome. I might not be on it, but I have no doubt that everyone onbroad will have a great time.

But yeah, it's really weird that there's no initial lineup.

In my mind it could be one of a few things, but most likely to me is this: last year they were blindsided by their own success. After the cruise sold out instantly, lead passengers could not sell their tickets to their friends if they ended up not being able to go, and several people were out the entire cost of their cruise because of this - they had to return their tickets to 70K with no refund, instead of being able to pay a transfer fee like in previous years. This seems like a ridiculous system that might be tough for 70K to get around, given Royal Caribbean's probable legal constraints and UMC maybe not caring enough about it. The 70K folks might be trying to get a better system for us, that respects their clientele, but are running into the difficulty in getting teams of lawyers to work together in timely fashion.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:25 am

Regardless of the reason behind this silence, I can guarantee you, that for every day this drags on, I reckon the percentage of Americans on 70K next year increases, and the percentage of those from anywhere else on the globe decreases.

Because for Americans the logistics of getting to 70K are far less complicated than for the rest of us :(

Not only for us cruisers but for the artists as well! We've all seen the difficulties that touring bands face getting into the USA. And yes I KNOW that to perform on 70K they don't need US visas, but I'm sure for a lot of the acts being able to do some dates in the US after 70k helps them a lot with their finances.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:58 pm

I predict a completely normal lineup (e.g. DIMMU BORGIR, IN FLAMES and GOJIRA as headliners), a normal booking process, no surprises whatsoever, and that we’ll never know why there was such a delay.
    One surprise, actually: the hints for the band announcements will be numbers this time :lol:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:30 pm

Godflesh wrote:I predict a completely normal lineup (e.g. DIMMU BORGIR, IN FLAMES and GOJIRA as headliners), a normal booking process, no surprises whatsoever, and that we’ll never know why there was such a delay.
    One surprise, actually: the hints for the band announcements will be numbers this time :lol:

We will get a lame-ass half-hearted half-joke by way of an "apology" though :P :roll:

2014 cruise. No bands, barely any updates, for almost 6 months. When the silence broke what did we get?

70k wrote:You have not heard much from us lately, as if we were haunting you… Who will complete the line-up of 70000TONS OF METAL 2014? So let’s get this campaign started by THE HAUNTED
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:38 pm

I booked my first cruise as a newbie in 2015, on... January 15th!
    I even got a phone call from UMC trying to sell me a room upgrade :shock:
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:05 pm

cowboy71 wrote:2014 cruise. No bands, barely any updates, for almost 6 months. When the silence broke what did we get?

70k wrote:You have not heard much from us lately, as if we were haunting you… Who will complete the line-up of 70000TONS OF METAL 2014? So let’s get this campaign started by THE HAUNTED

Hmmm....

"It's been a while. Sorry for ghosting you. Or are we? Please welcome GHOST on board 70,000 Tons of Metal 2019, the original, world's biggest heavy metal cruise!"

Cue 50% of commenters being pissed and whiny that Ghost "isn't a metal band" and "what a terrible way to start the lineup"
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:25 pm

PotatoPotahto wrote:
    Cue 50% of commenters being pissed and whiny that Ghost "isn't a metal band" and "what a terrible way to start the lineup"

I think you greatly underestimate how many pissed and whiny commenters there will be REGARDLESS of who gets announced :heavydrink: :roll: :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:49 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    Ti7aNiC wrote:Any particular reason you think the social media team is being kept out of the loop on what's happening? ...

Any particular reason you think the social media team should know everything that's going on 'behind the scenes'? This is just like any other company, not everyone - actually nearly noone - knows what the ones in charge are up to.

^^ THAT, pretty much in a nutshell. I honestly doubt they're part of Andy's "small council."

--And I agree with Statsman that, to a great degree, their social media "team" can Get Bent.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Amalu wrote:I've spoken to gold status survivors during concerts so I know that it is always a bit of a more relaxed organization (some evil persons might call it chaotic). I'm pretty cool with that.

And the sad fact is that, in previous years, only the band-booking and announcement process has been chaotic. Aside from the website crashing last year with Gold bookings, the room-booking process, the production, the logistics, the staging...ALL of that has been well handled.*
    I do however think that 70k's communication strategy really should change and have posted so on Facebook as well.

So say we all! :D

cowboy71 wrote:Regardless of the reason behind this silence, I can guarantee you, that for every day this drags on, I reckon the percentage of Americans on 70K next year increases, and the percentage of those from anywhere else on the globe decreases.
    Because for Americans the logistics of getting to 70K are far less complicated than for the rest of us :(

I think you're right, and I hate that. One of the things that's been magical about this cruise is the way it brings metalheads together from all over the world. Politics, religion, international relations -- even our different tastes in metal genres -- all take a faraway back seat to everyone's love of metal. I would hate to see that cool onbroad atmosphere decline...and sadly, it looks like it might in 2019...assuming there IS a 70K in 2019. :shock:

---
    * aside from starting to build the pool-deck stage facing the wrong way in 2014, anyway. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:40 pm

Well we got one. Is this bodomdragon's "A"?

AETHER REALM wrote:Damn 70000tons just announce us and get it over with

My buddy just showed me this on their Facebook.
    Last edited by Phoenix on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Well! Looks like we have our first band there, unless they are taking the piss.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:28 pm

Well maybe that is the secret of this year. Every announcement has to come from the bands themself and out of frustration of the lack of announcements. :lol:
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:30 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Well! Looks like we have our first band there, unless they are taking the piss.

I am taking this with a grain of salt. We all know that Andy hates when bands prematurely announce themselves.

With that said I would love to have them on board.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:50 pm

mbob wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Well! Looks like we have our first band there, unless they are taking the piss.

I am taking this with a grain of salt. We all know that Andy hates when bands prematurely announce themselves.

I thought this too - by writing this (and also tagging 70k), have they sealed their fate? Or will this kickstart the entire process? Time will tell (I'm not saying the S word).

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:56 pm

Phoenix wrote:I'm not saying the S word.

Scatophagous?
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:14 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    mbob wrote:

I thought this too - by writing this (and also tagging 70k), have they sealed their fate? Or will this kickstart the entire process? Time will tell (I'm not saying the S word).

"Sssssssssometime later." :lol:

I really hope Aether Realm hasn't poisoned their well with this.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:14 pm

Phoenix wrote:Well we got one. Is this bodomdragon's "A"?

While I'd love to have AR on ("Tarot" was a fucking brilliant album), that sounds more like they're just following the drama like the rest of us and are making a joke about how everyone is speculating that announcements are being held up for Slayer/Priest/etc.

I.E. "We're so huge, 70K is just waiting for us! Har har har."

I can't imagine actually taking it as any sort of serious announcement.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:43 pm

Phoenix wrote:Well we got one. Is this bodomdragon's "A"?

Actually no, that is not the "A" I was told. As much as I think that would be a nice announcent - never watched them live before - that message sounds more like wishful thinking to me than they actually having been offered.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:40 am

I just don't see a band doing this unless they've at least already talked to 70k about performing (which AR could have done in the past).

That being said, since we know what Andy does with bands that are announced early in almost any way (except for like, Carcass), this could be pretty damning.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:31 am

I wouldn't read too much into the Aether Realm post. It's not the first time they've shit posted about being on 70k. A couple years back they posted a photo-shopped 70K announcement on their Facebook page. But when you zoomed in on the border it was little poo emojis. I should try to find that again. Think it was back in 2016.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:35 am

Hoppy McGee wrote:I wouldn't read too much into the Aether Realm post. It's not the first time they've shit posted about being on 70k. A couple years back they posted a photo-shopped 70K announcement on their Facebook page. But when you zoomed in on the border it was little poo emojis. I should try to find that again. Think it was back in 2016.

https://www.facebook.com/AetherRealm/photos/a.843116179066725/1039674229410918/?type=3
    https://www.facebook.com/70000tons/posts/10154054363079068
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:51 am

Hoppy McGee wrote:I wouldn't read too much into the Aether Realm post. It's not the first time they've shit posted about being on 70k. A couple years back they posted a photo-shopped 70K announcement on their Facebook page. But when you zoomed in on the border it was little poo emojis. I should try to find that again. Think it was back in 2016.

Yeah, if you watch their music videos you can see they have a....differently enabled...sense of humor. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:45 am

I just messaged the Facebook page for I Spit Ashes to ask them if they'd like to be on. They said they've heard of it and would love it.

I told them to email and ask, since that's how Allegeon got on. They said they'd give it a try.

So if that happens I'll scream.
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Gary Hughes from the UK band TEN just liked the 70K page.

Means less than nothing, but I'll take what I can get because I love those guys :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:46 pm

PotatoPotahto wrote:I just messaged the Facebook page for {insert pretty much any metal band name here} to ask them if they'd like to be on. They said they've heard of it and would love it

Fixed that for ya.
    Wishlist:

PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:09 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    PotatoPotahto wrote:I just messaged the Facebook page for {insert pretty much any metal band name here} to ask them if they'd like to be on. They said they've heard of it and would love it

Fixed that for ya.

Fair enough
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:09 pm

As per Jari's Facebook post

"Exciting Wintersun rehearsals today, for reasons I cannot yet disclose!"

hmm?
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:16 pm

JoAnnamayhem wrote:As per Jari's Facebook post

"Exciting Wintersun rehearsals today, for reasons I cannot yet disclose!"

hmm?

"Reasons I cannot yet disclose?" Not possibly because they're touring North America in less than a month?

We're five months out, there's no way they're rehearsing NOW for the boat.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Phoenix wrote:We're five months out

Tsk tsk, this hasn’t been announced yet, although it will be SOON :lol:
  • Post Reply 383 posts