Post Reply 29 posts Page 1 of 1
Most Metal Moment 2018
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Most Metal Moment 2018

by Godflesh » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:05 pm

Time for a new edition of this thread...

Every year, there's a moment when chills come down my spine, I can feel Vulcan's smile, and I think: "now THIS is METAL".
    It's a unique moment that only happens once per year.
    Surprisingly, this year for me it was Belphegor at the Ice Rink, although Sepultura came close several times, given the AWESOME sound of Andreas Kisser’s riffs.

What was yours?
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: Most Metal Moment 2018

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:16 am

Godflesh wrote:Time for a new edition of this thread...

Every year, there's a moment when chills come down my spine, I can feel Vulcan's smile, and I think: "now THIS is METAL".
    It's a unique moment that only happens once per year.
    Surprisingly, this year for me it was Belphegor at the Ice Rink, although Sepultura came close several times, given the AWESOME sound of Andreas Kisser’s riffs.

What was yours?

-- Aeternam finishing up their excellent set on the pool-deck -- and getting to play "one more song" -- as the sun began clearing the horizon at dawn.

-- Alestorm's second show. "You MURDERERS! This is why we can't have nice things!" :lol: :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:30 am

My personal moment, without any doubts....

I was at the second Dark Tranquillity set in cow mode (a.k.a. in my cow costume). While they were playing Forward Momentum Mikael was singing close to the pit, where the security guys stand, and I crowd surfed. I went straight to him, and instead of moving away he decided to grab me. I grabbed him back, and we sang together for a second while I was still crowdsurfing. This was magic, and I hope I end up finding pictures or videos of the moment.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:31 am

Pellaz wrote:-- Aeternam finishing up their excellent set on the pool-deck -- and getting to play "one more song" -- as the sun began clearing the horizon at dawn.

A part of me was like "fuck yeah!" and another part was like "fuck me, I REALLY need to get to bed". But yeah, ending the concert while the sun was starting to rise was absolutely epic.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

• Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:04 am

Fun enough my most metal moment this year didn't happen on the boat itself but at the Monday Karaoke Pre Party.

Somebody was singing Bohemian Rhapsody and about everybody around the stage just joined in and so we sang the whole song altogether. Now I know Queen isn't even considered Metal, but it was just that feeling of being back with the family and sharing that one song that everybody seems to know and love, no matter what style of Metal they usually listen to.
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:22 am

My most metal moment was also.... not the most 'metal' of moments in the truest sense.

But fuck, when Adam Sagan's brothers got up on stage at that first Witherfall set, and spoke of how much he wanted to do 70k, and then they scattered some of his ashes on stage....

fuck.

It was metal because it was that feeling of brotherhood, kinship.... its what its all about.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:07 am

Patriots losing is always epic. Also, the broken femur in the Destruction pit.
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:17 am

I had two this year:

- The aforementioned Aeternam set at sunrise was one of the more amazing things I'd ever seen. Absolutely incredible. I talked to them the night before and they were really worried that no one would be there. It was cool to see such a great turnout, and they absolutely slayed that show.
    - The first metal album I ever bought was Sepultura's "Arise". I've mostly lost track of them after Chaos AD, but always go back to Arise a few times every year. Hearing them play "Desperate Cry" absolutely sent chills down my spine, and instantly transported me back to that 15-year-old who was discovering metal for the first time.

And can we talk for a second about how fucking incredible Gyze was? Easily the biggest surprise on the boat...their Pyramid set was amazing. I bought their albums the moment we got back in cell range.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:23 am

This is a really tough one for me. Insomnium's Pool Deck set literally had me and many of my friends in tears. I went crowd surfing for the first time during Carolus Rex, in the rain. Aeternam and Gyze killed it so fucking hard. Both just absolutely incredible bands. I need to go home and buy all of their CDs.

I think I have to go with Ephemeral. The moment Insomnium started playing that song, the Ice Rink went BALLISTIC. Moshing, crowdsurfing, headbanging, everyone having such a good time - that's fucking metal right there.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:51 am

Phoenix wrote:I think I have to go with Ephemeral. The moment Insomnium started playing that song, the Ice Rink went BALLISTIC. Moshing, crowdsurfing, headbanging, everyone having such a good time - that's fucking metal right there.

How about the moment Mikael fucking Stanne jumped into the stage with them when they played Weather the Storm?? I went fucking crazy.
    Wishlist:

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:03 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:I think I have to go with Ephemeral. The moment Insomnium started playing that song, the Ice Rink went BALLISTIC. Moshing, crowdsurfing, headbanging, everyone having such a good time - that's fucking metal right there.

How about the moment Mikael fucking Stanne jumped into the stage with them when they played Weather the Storm?? I went fucking crazy.

That was also on the short list. But Ephemeral happened first, and it was the moment that made me go, fuck, I'm HERE. I'm on the boat again, with my family, and here we all are, hugging each other, yelling: One life, one chance, all EPHEMERAL!

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:07 am

My picks for the most metal moments (can't really choose one):

- Meshuggah playing Future Breed Machine on the pool deck. You just have to go apeshit crazy when that song is played :shred:
    - Enslaved playing that old af song from their debut album at the end of their pool deck set. As black metal as it can get :bmhorns:
    -Obscura's insane amount of crowdsurfing at the pyramid lounge. I even got my face kicked and my drink spilled, but what the hell. It was glorious
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • DarkMacek
    Oiler

by DarkMacek » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:23 pm

I'm sure the admin isn't happy about it, but Destruction saying "Fuck it, let's play Bestial Invasion!" when the stage manager was yelling at them to stop because they were past their stopping time.
  • Hulk RT
    Crewman

by Hulk RT » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:53 pm

Most Metal moment for me was being in the pit during Septicflesh in the Theatre. I miss the hell out of moshing and think I found real motivation to get back in shape because I was sore the rest of the cruise after that. The most spectacular thing was lifting the 300+ pound dude up to crowd surf. Damn is it next year yet.

:bangers:
    2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023 Survivor
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:47 pm

Hulk RT wrote:Most Metal moment for me was being in the pit during Septicflesh in the Theatre. I miss the hell out of moshing and think I found real motivation to get back in shape because I was sore the rest of the cruise after that. The most spectacular thing was lifting the 300+ pound dude up to crowd surf. Damn is it next year yet.

Try getting angry then, Hulk.
    On second thought, please don’t :mrgreen: (see what I did with the MrGreen smiley?)
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:52 pm

I was there for the Aeternam set too and I agree the sunrise was magical, but it felt like hearing angels sing, which is THE OPPOSITE OF METAL :evil:
    The Skipper happened to come near me right then, and all I could tell him was “THANK YOU!”
    zerkz
    Oiler

by zerkz » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:17 pm

bodomdragon wrote:

This was it for me. Weather the Storm was the first song I learned riffs from on guitar, and has helped me through some stormy times.

Hilariously, he jumped into the crowd RIGHT as I was crowd surfing, and I fell shortly after that. My friend got some really funny (but blurry) pictures...

What goes up...

must come down.... (looks like Mikael stole all the hands!)

Didn't realize it till now, but you can see Mikael in the second picture too... I landed on my hands and didn't get hurt though. :viking:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:28 am

cegr80 wrote:My picks for the most metal moments (can't really choose one):

- Meshuggah playing Future Breed Machine on the pool deck. You just have to go apeshit crazy when that song is played :shred:
    - Enslaved playing that old af song from their debut album at the end of their pool deck set. As black metal as it can get :bmhorns:
    -Obscura's insane amount of crowdsurfing at the pyramid lounge. I even got my face kicked and my drink spilled, but what the hell. It was glorious

Yep, I was there for all of them too.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:10 am

Godflesh wrote:I was there for the Aeternam set too and I agree the sunrise was magical, but it felt like hearing angels sing, which is THE OPPOSITE OF METAL :evil:
    The Skipper happened to come near me right then, and all I could tell him was “THANK YOU!”

Even the Skipper was there to see Aeternam! Well hell, we know how to book 'em don't we :lol:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:54 am

The Dark Tranquillity show at the Alhambra was pure fire, I was in the pit with this massive guy helping people to take off, before taking my turn at crowd surfing for the first time in years.
    That was my metal moment for 2018.
    Last edited by TPH on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • Hulk RT
    Crewman

by Hulk RT » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:48 am

Godflesh wrote:
    Hulk RT wrote:Most Metal moment for me was being in the pit during Septicflesh in the Theatre. I miss the hell out of moshing and think I found real motivation to get back in shape because I was sore the rest of the cruise after that. The most spectacular thing was lifting the 300+ pound dude up to crowd surf. Damn is it next year yet.

Try getting angry then, Hulk.
    On second thought, please don’t :mrgreen: (see what I did with the MrGreen smiley?)

It’s impossible to get angry on a cruise ship with so much good music. I regret not getting to see Aeternam, but after the Gyze set in the lounge Mild motion sickness and the heat made me to tired to make it.
    2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023 Survivor
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:51 pm

I had the pleasure of my room being directly over the Pyramid, so I got to hear some performances that I did not plan on experiencing. One of those was Evertale at 3a on the first night, and I heard a high-pitched squeal of delight from what sounded like a teenage girl. Was that you, Dallas? :twisted: :beerwink:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:49 pm

EvilDan wrote:I had the pleasure of my room being directly over the Pyramid, so I got to hear some performances that I did not plan on experiencing. One of those was Evertale at 3a on the first night, and I heard a high-pitched squeal of delight from what sounded like a teenage girl. Was that you, Dallas? :twisted: :beerwink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:26 pm

EvilDan wrote:I had the pleasure of my room being directly over the Pyramid, so I got to hear some performances that I did not plan on experiencing. One of those was Evertale at 3a on the first night, and I heard a high-pitched squeal of delight from what sounded like a teenage girl. Was that you, Dallas? :twisted: :beerwink:

Guilty as charged!!!! :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:36 pm

Most metal moment this year? Sitting at a massively overcrowded table at the Dog and Badger bullshitting and drinking with about 10 - 12 members of my metal family :beerwink: Already missing all of you so much!!

*A close second: Watching the guitarist of Enslaved hold a stingray with the most adorable, child-like, gleeful smile on his face :D
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:25 pm

Daenerys wrote:Most metal moment this year? Sitting at a massively overcrowded table at the Dog and Badger bullshitting and drinking with about 10 - 12 members of my metal family :beerwink: Already missing all of you so much!!

That was a fun couple of hours. I'm very glad there wasn't smoking in the pub this time. :cheers:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:20 am

Pellaz wrote:-- Aeternam finishing up their excellent set on the pool-deck -- and getting to play "one more song" -- as the sun began clearing the horizon at dawn.

-- Alestorm's second show. "You MURDERERS! This is why we can't have nice things!" :lol: :lol:

This!
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:22 pm

I have since been informed, by the "murderer" himself, that the Demise of the Duck was...premeditated. At the highest levels. The conspiracy grows! :)
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Iconix
    Crewman

by Iconix » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:25 pm

Phoenix wrote:This is a really tough one for me. Insomnium's Pool Deck set literally had me and many of my friends in tears. I went crowd surfing for the first time during Carolus Rex, in the rain. Aeternam and Gyze killed it so fucking hard. Both just absolutely incredible bands. I need to go home and buy all of their CDs.

I think I have to go with Ephemeral. The moment Insomnium started playing that song, the Ice Rink went BALLISTIC. Moshing, crowdsurfing, headbanging, everyone having such a good time - that's fucking metal right there.

Winter's Gate, under the moonlight, at 2 AM, in a hot tub. That was an unreal experience
    70k Survivor:
    2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024

Wishlist: (ON!, last year, repeats, still hoping)

Aeternam-AlienWeaponry-AllShallPerish-Allegaeon-AMONAMARTH-Amorphis-Anciients-AndyGillion-ArchEnemy-AtTheGates-BE'LAKOR-Belzebubs-BeyondCreation-TheBlackDahliaMurder-BlackCrownInitiate-Blackguard-BloodStainChild-BORKNAGAR-Carcass-Chimaira-CountlessSkies-DarkAge-Darkane-DarkLunacy-DarkTranquillity-Devildriver-Diablo-DimensionZero-DimmuBorgir-DisarmoniaMundi-Eluveitie-Ensiferum-Equilibrium-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FearFactory-Finntroll-FleshgodApocalypse-GOJIRA-Gyze-TheHaloEffect-TheHaunted-Helleborus-Ihsahn-InFlames-InMourning-Insomnium-IntoEternity-InVain-Kalmah-Katatonia-KingOfAsgard-LacunaCoil-LambOfGod-Manegarm-Mastodon-Mercenary-Miseration-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MorsPrincipiumEst-NeObliviscaris-Nightrage-Obscura-TheOcean-OceansOfSlumber-OctoberTide-OmniumGatherum-OPETH-Ouroboros-Persefone-PainConfessor-Raunchy-RiversOfNihil-RottingChrist-SaltatioMortis-ScarSymmetry-ShadowsFall-Shylmagoghnar-Skeletonwitch-Skyfire-Slipknot-Soen-Soilwork-Solution.45-Stam1na-Susperia-SvartCrown-SwallowTheSun-Sylosis-Testament-ThreatSignal-Trivium-Turisas-Tyr-Unearth-UnleashTheArchers-Whitechapel-WhiteVoid-Wilderun-Wintersun-Wolfheart

\m/ >_< \m/
Post Reply 29 posts Page 1 of 1