Post Reply 80 posts
Massive changes afoot for the Independence
  • Iconix
    Crewman

Re: Massive changes afoot for the Independence

by Iconix » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:37 pm

I think it's also highly unlikely that they could consider moving 70k to a different cruise line, as the Independence is already similar in size or larger than the largest ships currently operated by Norwegian, Carnival, or Princess
    70k Survivor:
    2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024

Wishlist: (ON!, last year, repeats, still hoping)

Aeternam-AlienWeaponry-AllShallPerish-Allegaeon-AMONAMARTH-Amorphis-Anciients-AndyGillion-ArchEnemy-AtTheGates-BE'LAKOR-Belzebubs-BeyondCreation-TheBlackDahliaMurder-BlackCrownInitiate-Blackguard-BloodStainChild-BORKNAGAR-Carcass-Chimaira-CountlessSkies-DarkAge-Darkane-DarkLunacy-DarkTranquillity-Devildriver-Diablo-DimensionZero-DimmuBorgir-DisarmoniaMundi-Eluveitie-Ensiferum-Equilibrium-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FearFactory-Finntroll-FleshgodApocalypse-GOJIRA-Gyze-TheHaloEffect-TheHaunted-Helleborus-Ihsahn-InFlames-InMourning-Insomnium-IntoEternity-InVain-Kalmah-Katatonia-KingOfAsgard-LacunaCoil-LambOfGod-Manegarm-Mastodon-Mercenary-Miseration-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MorsPrincipiumEst-NeObliviscaris-Nightrage-Obscura-TheOcean-OceansOfSlumber-OctoberTide-OmniumGatherum-OPETH-Ouroboros-Persefone-PainConfessor-Raunchy-RiversOfNihil-RottingChrist-SaltatioMortis-ScarSymmetry-ShadowsFall-Shylmagoghnar-Skeletonwitch-Skyfire-Slipknot-Soen-Soilwork-Solution.45-Stam1na-Susperia-SvartCrown-SwallowTheSun-Sylosis-Testament-ThreatSignal-Trivium-Turisas-Tyr-Unearth-UnleashTheArchers-Whitechapel-WhiteVoid-Wilderun-Wintersun-Wolfheart

\m/ >_< \m/
  • Iconix
    Crewman

by Iconix » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Godflesh wrote:"unless they just left out all the seats like in that construction picture"
    A terraced GA with no seats! Genius! :D

A terraced mosh pit interrupted by metal railings....I'm sure everyone will be fine :death:
    70k Survivor:
    2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024

Wishlist: (ON!, last year, repeats, still hoping)

Aeternam-AlienWeaponry-AllShallPerish-Allegaeon-AMONAMARTH-Amorphis-Anciients-AndyGillion-ArchEnemy-AtTheGates-BE'LAKOR-Belzebubs-BeyondCreation-TheBlackDahliaMurder-BlackCrownInitiate-Blackguard-BloodStainChild-BORKNAGAR-Carcass-Chimaira-CountlessSkies-DarkAge-Darkane-DarkLunacy-DarkTranquillity-Devildriver-Diablo-DimensionZero-DimmuBorgir-DisarmoniaMundi-Eluveitie-Ensiferum-Equilibrium-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FearFactory-Finntroll-FleshgodApocalypse-GOJIRA-Gyze-TheHaloEffect-TheHaunted-Helleborus-Ihsahn-InFlames-InMourning-Insomnium-IntoEternity-InVain-Kalmah-Katatonia-KingOfAsgard-LacunaCoil-LambOfGod-Manegarm-Mastodon-Mercenary-Miseration-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MorsPrincipiumEst-NeObliviscaris-Nightrage-Obscura-TheOcean-OceansOfSlumber-OctoberTide-OmniumGatherum-OPETH-Ouroboros-Persefone-PainConfessor-Raunchy-RiversOfNihil-RottingChrist-SaltatioMortis-ScarSymmetry-ShadowsFall-Shylmagoghnar-Skeletonwitch-Skyfire-Slipknot-Soen-Soilwork-Solution.45-Stam1na-Susperia-SvartCrown-SwallowTheSun-Sylosis-Testament-ThreatSignal-Trivium-Turisas-Tyr-Unearth-UnleashTheArchers-Whitechapel-WhiteVoid-Wilderun-Wintersun-Wolfheart

\m/ >_< \m/
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:04 pm

Iconix wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:"unless they just left out all the seats like in that construction picture"
    A terraced GA with no seats! Genius! :D

A terraced mosh pit interrupted by metal railings....I'm sure everyone will be fine :death:

70000 Tons of Metal: the world's longest circle pit!

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:57 am

Iconix wrote:I think it's also highly unlikely that they could consider moving 70k to a different cruise line, as the Independence is already similar in size or larger than the largest ships currently operated by Norwegian, Carnival, or Princess

Yeah, I don't see any of those as being likely (MAYBE Norwegian)......and Royal would fight to keep 70K as a cash-cow anyway. :lol:
    Much as I'd love to see 70K move to a Carnival ship, even their biggest isn't big enough, and their bigger ships' pool decks are terraced. Great for "dive-in movies" but not so great for a stage + open floor area.
    I keep comparing our experience on 70K with my cruises on Carnival and thinking "Shit, it's so much better on Carnival."

Iconix wrote:The other larger class of ships (Quantum) would be even less suitable, as they A) don't sail out of Florida (the only one in the US is the Anthem and it sails from New Jersey), B) have ONLY specialty restaurants, no windjammer or dining room, every passenger on the ship has to make reservations for the restaurants every day, and B) have only 3 usable venues for bands.

Quantum class has a free Windjammer, Sorrentos and Cafe Promenade, and what looks like a much smaller MDR, but....yeah. They REALLY get into nickel-and-diming on those ships....whereas I had SEVEN free choices for lunch on my last Carnival cruise. :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:55 am

"Since hearing the 'we'll be back on the Independence one more time' announcement...."

Did I miss a post from Andy about this? Is it a known thing we are getting off the independence after 2019?
    If so I will need to hit up the escape room and all the random things I never get to each year.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:35 am

SpaceSlug wrote:Is it a known thing we are getting off the independence after 2019?

No, it is just a rumor and from my point of view not a very solid one.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:44 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    SpaceSlug wrote:Is it a known thing we are getting off the independence after 2019?

70K just completed a 3 year contract with RCCL for the Independence. He might only have a 1 year contract for 2019 for the Independence which would make what he said make sense. Does not mean we won't be back on it in 2020 but things can change. Cruise lines continually move ships around so that could be an issue in the future...the Liberty moved to Galveston after 70K2015. Also, with the Super Bowl in Miami in 2020 we might not be sailing that weekend which could cause complications for 70K2020.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:00 am

mbob wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

70K just completed a 3 year contract with RCCL for the Independence. He might only have a 1 year contract for 2019 for the Independence which would make what he said make sense. Does not mean we won't be back on it in 2020 but things can change. Cruise lines continually move ships around so that could be an issue in the future...the Liberty moved to Galveston after 70K2015. Also, with the Super Bowl in Miami in 2020 we might not be sailing that weekend which could cause complications for 70K2020.

The Independence was officially announced at the press conference on the last day of the cruise. It is official, I heard it from the mouth of Andy himself. He also strongly hinted at something big/different happening in 2020, but refused to give any details other then 'soon'. It could be a different ship, destination, or another day added. It 'could' be a 70K off shoot out of Europe, it could be a lot of things. We will have to wait. 2019 was locked in for the Independence going to Labadee
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:39 am

mbob wrote:70K just completed a 3 year contract with RCCL for the Independence. He might only have a 1 year contract for 2019 for the Independence which would make what he said make sense.

Is there a source for that contract news?
    Does not mean we won't be back on it in 2020 but things can change. Cruise lines continually move ships around so that could be an issue in the future...the Liberty moved to Galveston after 70K2015. Also, with the Super Bowl in Miami in 2020 we might not be sailing that weekend which could cause complications for 70K2020.

Cool, maybe we can get a ship with more free/included dining options available!........but probably not.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:22 am

Pellaz wrote:
    mbob wrote:70K just completed a 3 year contract with RCCL for the Independence. He might only have a 1 year contract for 2019 for the Independence which would make what he said make sense.

Is there a source for that contract news?

During the Skipper's Thank You in 2015 Andy said they had a 3 year contract for the Independence that would end this year. Jeff Waters even mentioned it during the Jam that year when he announced he would be doing the jam for the next 3 years.

As far as a 1 year contract in 2019...I am only making an assumption there since he only mentioned 1 more year.
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:38 am

mbob wrote:During the Skipper's Thank You in 2015 Andy said they had a 3 year contract for the Independence that would end this year. Jeff Waters even mentioned it during the Jam that year when he announced he would be doing the jam for the next 3 years.
    As far as a 1 year contract in 2019...I am only making an assumption there since he only mentioned 1 more year.

Awesome, thanks. I remember that comment from Andy back in 2015, now that I think about it.....
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:40 pm

In this interview that Cowboy71 posted in the Wishlist thread, the interviewer says that the rumors name Oasis as the next ship: https://www.facebook.com/OverdriveMusicMag/videos/341139209716384/
    No confirmation or denial from Andy.
    That would be 1000 more passengers.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:07 am

Godflesh wrote:In this interview that Cowboy71 posted in the Wishlist thread, the interviewer says that the rumors name Oasis as the next ship: https://www.facebook.com/OverdriveMusicMag/videos/341139209716384/

Yea, that was a great interview, and my key take away was this. "We will not be forever on this class vessel forever" (I think that was the quote). That confirms to me there is a VERY high likely hood that in 2020 we will be on an Oasis class. It 'could' be on an Anthem class, but that seems less likely to me, but possible.

We will have to wait. In the mean time, see you guys in 2019!
    Survivor

WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:47 pm

I think Andy is eyeing this ship...

;)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:44 pm

Expect prices to rise significantly if we move to an Oasis-class vessel. They are NOT cheap, even for regular cruises. :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:43 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:In this interview that Cowboy71 posted in the Wishlist thread, the interviewer says that the rumors name Oasis as the next ship: https://www.facebook.com/OverdriveMusicMag/videos/341139209716384/

Yea, that was a great interview, and my key take away was this. "We will not be on this class vessel forever" (I think that was the quote). That confirms to me there is a VERY high likely hood that in 2020 we will be on an Oasis class. It 'could' be on an Anthem class, but that seems less likely to me, but possible.

We will have to wait. In the mean time, see you guys in 2019!
    Survivor

WishList
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:29 am

Given the numbers of multi-deck theaters in the deck plans (note that they mention different deck plans for 2018, 2019, and 2020), that probably means no more Pyramid Lounge, which I applaud (don't get me wrong, some of my best shows were there, but only if I managed to sneak to the right place at the right time).
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:01 pm

Just found out via CruiseCritic that the Independence WILL be getting Freestyle Coke machines during its upcoming drydock, so they'll be there for 2019. No big deal for most of y'all, but a welcome change for me since I'm an indifferent alcohol consumer at best. :lol:

They'll only operate when you use the souvenir cup provided as part of the soda packages -- they have a chip in them that will activate the machine.

As a side note, the machines CAN be adapted to dispense alcohol.....but I don't know of anywhere that has tried this. :belly:
    2025 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:16 am

YES!!! I miss the drink dispensers from the Majesty :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:38 pm

mbob wrote:They could move karaoke to the new sports bar if it is large enough.

They are also putting in laser tag but none of the new deck plans show this. Since the sports bar is also labeled as an arcade then maybe laser tag is going where the existing arcade is.

Hopefully they will do what the did on the Liberty where they shortened the orange columns on the pool deck...

They can add all the cabins they want but capacity is dependent on number of lifeboats. You can sellout a ship without all of the cabins being filled.

So that's what the boat looks like without a stage. Weird. Something is missing there
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:26 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:So that's what the boat looks like without a stage. Weird. Something is missing there

Only after you see what the deck looks like "normally" do you realize how much work goes into reworking the deck and building the pool-deck stage. Not just 70K crew-people; Royal has to do some of that work, too. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Mon May 14, 2018 12:57 pm

Glad to see the large orange pillars on the pool deck have been shortened and appear to now be white!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKKLRVXd44U
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon May 14, 2018 2:14 pm

mbob wrote:Glad to see the large orange pillars on the pool deck have been shortened and appear to now be white!

That is awesome.

The best place to watch concerts with my kids is on the landings going up the stairs, and those fucking pillars were the bane of every concert.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:11 am

mbob wrote:Glad to see the large orange pillars on the pool deck have been shortened and appear to now be white!

Awwww, would you look at our lovely boat?!? :deathmetal:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed May 16, 2018 11:12 am

Yay, I was hoping they'd shorten those. They were shortened on Freedom during her drydock. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed May 16, 2018 6:30 pm

That is excellent. The waterslides look fun and I can't wait to be terrible at mini golf again!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:37 pm

My 9yo son will be coming with me for the first time ever next year. He is going to LOVE the new play area and slides!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu May 17, 2018 7:30 am

cowboy71 wrote:My 9yo son will be coming with me for the first time ever next year. He is going to LOVE the new play area and slides!!!

Fantastic! Team Boat Dad FTW!
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri May 18, 2018 8:50 am

Judging by this video I found, the pillars are still tall, just white. But you can also see much more of the new ship here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxbwz0qybZc
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri May 18, 2018 8:56 am

mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri May 18, 2018 9:51 am

mooyagi wrote:Judging by this video I found, the pillars are still tall, just white. But you can also see much more of the new ship here.

Yes they are. On the Liberty they only left about 1/3 of the pillar after their last dry dock...looks like they only removed 1/3 of the pillar on the Independence. Might help sight lines from the upper deck but doesn't really help on the pool deck.
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri May 18, 2018 11:09 am

Another video, this time featuring a heavy guy in khaki pants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c-vg3J5Z6A
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri May 18, 2018 12:41 pm

mbob wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Judging by this video I found, the pillars are still tall, just white. But you can also see much more of the new ship here.

Yes they are. On the Liberty they only left about 1/3 of the pillar after their last dry dock...looks like they only removed 1/3 of the pillar on the Independence. Might help sight lines from the upper deck but doesn't really help on the pool deck.

Looks like they were cut down to a bit lower than the floor of the upper deck, which is an improvement - they used to be quite a bit higher!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat May 19, 2018 1:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxbwz0qybZc

Dangit, wish they had cut them down shorter. Or just, y'know, removed them altogether.

They look like they might be a little narrower than they were before.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:11 pm

By the way. Here is a very nice side by side comparison of what was changed on the boat.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/12/16/deck-deck-drydock-changes-royal-caribbeans-independence-of-the-seas
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:50 pm

That's awesome, thanks! I wonder where UMC will make its press conferences now.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:13 pm

Anyone else notice changes to Studio B? I wonder how it affects shows at that venue.

2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:47 pm

The ice rink looks unchanged to me. They probably just added it because that’s where the inflatable laser tag arena will be.
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:22 am

No upgrades for in-room jacuzzi-suites tho, sheesh!
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:36 am

Bob wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:22 am No upgrades for in-room jacuzzi-suites tho, sheesh!
    I think some of the really nice suites still have a Jacuzzi on the balcony, so....there is that. :mrgreen:
    2025 Wishlist: