Witherfall
    6%

Total votes: 64
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: CRIPPER AWARD 2018 - VOTE NOW

by Pellaz » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:13 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Had to vote for Seven Spires. Supremely talented band, very professional and very young (ages 19, 21 and 23).

Listen to this man and all the truth he speaks!!

I also voted Seven Spires, the girl is incredibly talented, especially considering how young she is. Promising future!

I mean, they had a very late first show on the boat and still drew a decent crowd, which only grew while they played (unlike, say, Enslaved's first set :evil: )
    No surprise at all that their second show packed the Pyramid. Granted, it's just the Pyramid, but still......
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    ravenous
    Crewman

by ravenous » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:21 am

I am surprised there isn't more votes for Witherfall . I am guessing just not as many people saw them . Their 1st live show ever on 70k was a real treat from this uber-talented crew . The Bass and Guitar solos alone should have got at least 5 votes lol :wank:
    70k Survivor-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019
    -/-Witherfall-/-Alestorm-/-Exhorder-/-Soilwork-/-Kobra-and-the-Lotus-/-Powermad-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Symphony.X-/-Iced.Earth-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Leaves.Eyes-/-Overkill-/-Death.Angel-/-Testament-/-The.Order.of.Chaos-/-The.Agonist-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Epica-/-Into.Eternity-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Sanctuary-/-Wintersun-/-Powerglove-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Queensryche-/-Hatchet-/-
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:40 am

ravenous wrote:I am surprised there isn't more votes for Witherfall . I am guessing just not as many people saw them . Their 1st live show ever on 70k was a real treat from this uber-talented crew . The Bass and Guitar solos alone should have got at least 5 votes lol :wank:

I saw them and they kicked ass. But I liked Seven Spires even better :)
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:16 am

Bumping this. Less than three days to vote!
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:54 am

I like how this is going this year. Keeping this on the forums helps a lot. Also I think the one year there were a lot of issues we had two bands that both had a shot and deserved to win and it boiled down to power VRS death/thrash. Then you throw in the Facebook vote lobbying and it went south.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 am

I guess absolutely no one will be surprised once this is over and Gyze will win. Even if I didn't vote for them and only saw half a show because I'm not into their music, it was obvious that they were killing it and everyone loved it. And as a bonus, the appreciation was mutual, and they were having a blast on the boat.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:17 pm

TPH wrote:I guess absolutely no one will be surprised once this is over and Gyze will win. Even if I didn't vote for them and only saw half a show because I'm not into their music, it was obvious that they were killing it and everyone loved it. And as a bonus, the appreciation was mutual, and they were having a blast on the boat.

I am a little bit bummed that Seven Spires didn't get more attention / recognition because they were amazing, but glad to see that Gyze did a hell of a job. Personally I only caught half a set of Gyze (Pyramid) and I must admit it sounded really great and the atmosphere was fantastic, so good for them!
    Wishlist:

cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:44 pm

I absolutely loved Gyze, to the point of catching both sets. They reminded me of a young, aggressive Children of Bodom with a lot of neo classical stuff
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:45 pm

ravenous wrote:I am surprised there isn't more votes for Witherfall . I am guessing just not as many people saw them . Their 1st live show ever on 70k was a real treat from this uber-talented crew . The Bass and Guitar solos alone should have got at least 5 votes lol :wank:

...agreed! they were one of my favourites! absolutely incredible musicianship, and sounded like they have been playing together for ages. epic songs! \m/
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:55 am

Poll closed. Congratulations to GYZE, winners of the Cripper Award 2018!!!

Thanks everyone for participating and contributing into returning this little award to where it has always belonged.
    Wishlist:

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:46 am

Congrats to Gyze, and all of the other bands who put on a great show for us this year onbroad!

Shout outs to Seven Spires, for their singer really impressed me at the All Star Jam, In Mourning and Naglfar, who didn't qualify but blew me away at their sets, and of course, Aeternam, for their incredible amount of fanservice they did the forum this year.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:18 am

I really like Witherfall, but that first set was...not good. They had the bass up so loud that it was the only thing you could hear. I literally couldn't hear the guitar at all, which is really bad for a band whose sound is very dependent on intricate guitar work.
    Thankfully, their second set in the Pyramid sounded significantly better, but it wasn't good enough to give them a vote over Gyze.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:24 am

Gratch wrote:

I really like Witherfall, but that first set was...not good. They had the bass up so loud that it was the only thing you could hear. I literally couldn't hear the guitar at all, which is really bad for a band whose sound is very dependent on intricate guitar work.
    Thankfully, their second set in the Pyramid sounded significantly better, but it wasn't good enough to give them a vote over Gyze.

I've learnt that sometimes your position on the pit makes a HUGE difference.

In more than one set I started being really close to the stage (like first row) and couldn't hear an instrument in particular, generally the guitar. Moving a few steps back most of the times solved the problem. So my advice is, if things seem to be working normally and you can't hear an instrument, move a little bit around the venue till you find the right spot. This really saved me on the second Threshold concert. I moved from the first row quite on the left side to 3-4 meters away on the right side. At first I couldn't hear the guitar at all, afterwards it sounded simply perfect.
    Wishlist:

cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:30 am

Well deserved award for Gyze. Couldn't agree more. I'm also glad I took part in the voting for this year. Congratulations!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:59 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Gratch wrote:

I've learnt that sometimes your position on the pit makes a HUGE difference.

In more than one set I started being really close to the stage (like first row) and couldn't hear an instrument in particular, generally the guitar. Moving a few steps back most of the times solved the problem. So my advice is, if things seem to be working normally and you can't hear an instrument, move a little bit around the venue till you find the right spot. This really saved me on the second Threshold concert. I moved from the first row quite on the left side to 3-4 meters away on the right side. At first I couldn't hear the guitar at all, afterwards it sounded simply perfect.

I typically agree with you. However, I tried 3 different spots for Witherfall's Theater set (standing up front, sitting ground level in the back, middle balcony), and it didn't make much of a difference.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:08 am

Phoenix wrote:Congrats to Gyze, and all of the other bands who put on a great show for us this year onbroad!

Absolutely, and congrats to the guys in Gyze! (Yeah, that quip only works if you DON'T know how to pronounce the band-name :lol: )

Shout outs to Seven Spires, for their singer really impressed me at the All Star Jam, In Mourning and Naglfar, who didn't qualify but blew me away at their sets, and of course, Aeternam, for their incredible amount of fanservice they did the forum this year.

Seven Spires got my vote. They were really good at ProgPower USA filling in at the last minute for a cancelled band and if anything, they were even better on the boat. Really nice folks, too, and quite talented and professional for a band whose average age is 21. :beerbang:

As for Aeternam, this about says it all...just after the end of their great pool-deck set at 6:08 in the morning:

THANKS to Andy for booking them; they were splendid at both shows. :bangers:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely