19%
    Witherfall
    6%

Total votes: 64
    ravenous
    Crewman

Cripper Award 2018 ?

by ravenous » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:16 pm

Is there a Cripper award for 2018 ? and which bands qualify for this year ? I know there have been issues and I have not seen anything mentioned , so just curious.
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Cripper Award 2018 ?

by mooyagi » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:50 pm

Cripper Award was retired because we can't have nice things. We made the process too formal and Facebook got involved and we all know that Facebook ruins everything.

My vote would go to Aeternam if they are unknown enough to qualify.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:54 pm

I would vote Gyze if they qualify.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:20 pm

If we bring it back, we'll have to make sure it's NOT advertised this time. Maybe send Andy a note when it's all over.

That being said, before the last wave of announcements, I did briefly look at the candidates. Aeternam were just over the cut for previous years, and because they were basically hand picked by the forum, I think bodomdragon was saying they're probably a little over qualified this year.

If we do it, my vote 100% goes to Gyze. Amazing dudes, very talented, SO happy to be on the boat. Like, SO SO happy.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

by Shadow Son » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Phoenix wrote:If we bring it back, we'll have to make sure it's NOT advertised this time. Maybe send Andy a note when it's all over.

That being said, before the last wave of announcements, I did briefly look at the candidates. Aeternam were just over the cut for previous years, and because they were basically hand picked by the forum, I think bodomdragon was saying they're probably a little over qualified this year.

If we do it, my vote 100% goes to Gyze. Amazing dudes, very talented, SO happy to be on the boat. Like, SO SO happy.

I wouldn't say that Aeternam were overqualified. Just because they became a forum favorite doesn't mean they are a bigger band. Even then just how many cruisers use the forum, let alone even know it exists? Case in point I personally didn't discover the forum until after my 2nd cruise. Besides, the vocalist for Aeternam announced during their second set that 70k was literally their very first international performance.

Alas, if Aeternam is disqualified my vote is also 100% for Gyze.
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:54 pm

Shadow Son wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:If we bring it back, we'll have to make sure it's NOT advertised this time. Maybe send Andy a note when it's all over.

I wouldn't say that Aeternam were overqualified. Just because they became a forum favorite doesn't mean they are a bigger band. Even then just how many cruisers use the forum, let alone even know it exists? Case in point I personally didn't discover the forum until after my 2nd cruise. Besides, the vocalist for Aeternam announced during their second set that 70k was literally their very first international performance.

Alas, if Aeternam is disqualified my vote is also 100% for Gyze.

Two things - first, the award is given by people ON the forums. This is where the official voting happens. Yes we're a smaller subset of cruisers, but we do spread the word, quote avidly, and Andy does promote us multiple times a year.

But second, that's not the reason they're over qualified. The reason is in previous years the cutoff for Cripper was less than 10,000 last.fm listeners. Aeternam has more than that (not many more, but more). That was more my point.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:09 pm

if they qualify, my vote goes to In Mourning.
    2nd choice is Gyze.
    VERY honorable accolades to Majestic Downfall
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:28 pm

Evertale! Evertale Evertale Evertale. Witherfall. But, Evertale.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:57 am

Phoenix wrote:Two things - first, the award is given by people ON the forums. This is where the official voting happens. Yes we're a smaller subset of cruisers, but we do spread the word, quote avidly, and Andy does promote us multiple times a year.

But second, that's not the reason they're over qualified. The reason is in previous years the cutoff for Cripper was less than 10,000 last.fm listeners. Aeternam has more than that (not many more, but more). That was more my point.

Very much THIS.

DrinkMoxie wrote:if they qualify, my vote goes to In Mourning.

Jesus fucking Christ. I seriously think I got a boner, two boners actually, with the In Mourning sets. Out of this world, and definitely among the top 5 performances this year, along with Aeternam. This being seid, they certainly don't qualify as Cripper contenders...

I'll try to find the list of candidates we came up with and probably add some of the last minute additions. *Spoiler alert* my vote will be for Seven Spires for sure, although Witherfall's performance was also terrific.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:15 am

Ok so I checked and here's what I came up with. These are the candidates I'd go for:

Evertale - 2,397 last.fm listeners
    Gyze - 3,722 last.fm listeners
    Internal Bleeding - 8,509 last.fm listeners
    Majestic Downfall - 2,858 listeners
    Seven Kingdoms - 8,646 listeners
    Seven Spires - 553 last.fm listeners
    Witherfall - 1,428 last.fm listeners

I am having serious doubts about Diablo Blvd. In terms of listeners they are over 10 thousand but I'm quite sure that at least 90% of them come from the same (small) country. I'd be open to adding them.

And as Phoenix said I'd totally leave Aeternam out of this, no matter how much I loved their two sets, because this was a heavily requested band among the users who will end up voting in the poll, not making them a suitable candidate as they're not really a previously-unknown-to-the-voters band.

Unless there are some major disagreements with this I'll take my old role as one of the three organizers (although to be brutally honest I never did much) and start a poll in the next 24 hours.
    Last edited by bodomdragon on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:52 am

Love your work mate !
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:30 am

If they had qualified for it, then Aeternam. They were superb.

Since not, then Seven Spires. Really impressed by their professionalism at such young ages.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:13 am

Then I guess my vote goes to Gyze,with high honors the Majestic Downfall
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:18 am

I was definitely impressed b Seven Spires professionalism, even if they're not my thing. Gyze were just so very talented and so happy to see fans, I heard stories of people making them stop taking photos and signing autographs so they could eat their meals.

I feel like we should send Aeternam some sort of thank you message on Facebook. It was absolutely our doing that they were booked, and we did NOT make a mistake. They may not qualify for Cripper but I want them to know how big a splash they made on the international stage.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:33 am

GYZE have my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They where Amazing :shred: :shred: :shred:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:45 am

My vote goes to Aeternam if possible (I really don't understand the whole band qualifying process).

Damn, those guys are so good! I met Karhu L'ours Polaire (guitar player) at the Alhambra before the Korpiklaani set (around 9pm). As soon as I recognized him I showed him my running order selection and told him I wasn't sure if I would make it to the pool deck set. Then he told me if I managed to make it, I would be a "true warrior" ... well guess who showed up at the pool deck at 5 am? :beerbang:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:49 am

Shadow Son wrote:Alas, if Aeternam is disqualified my vote is also 100% for Gyze.

Seconded. Gyze is my next pick
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:51 am

Absolutely has to be Evertale for me, they were just fucking amazing.
    I don't think they really have a chance to win the Cripper Award (being German Power Metal and all) but I'm sure they did make quite some new fans on the cruise.
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:05 pm

This makes me sad I missed this year, Ruin of Empires was such a good record. I'm glad to hear Aeternam crushed live, though.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:18 pm

Danny24601 wrote:This makes me sad I missed this year, Ruin of Empires was such a good record. I'm glad to hear Aeternam crushed live, though.

Crushed is an understatement. The sound, the setlists, the attitude, the skills, and finishing the last set while the sun was rising next to us.... everything was too fucking legendary. I was excruciatingly tired and needed my bed badly, but hell, it was worth it.
    Wishlist:

Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:34 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    Danny24601 wrote:This makes me sad I missed this year, Ruin of Empires was such a good record. I'm glad to hear Aeternam crushed live, though.

Crushed is an understatement. The sound, the setlists, the attitude, the skills, and finishing the last set while the sun was rising next to us.... everything was too fucking legendary. I was excruciatingly tired and needed my bed badly, but hell, it was worth it.

I've made up my mind that I'm going again next year. I was going to take 3 years off for school but fuck it, I can miss a week. Even if Aeternam won't be there.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:56 pm

I'm torn between Aeternam and Gyze. Both put on absolutely incredible shows, Gyze at the Pyramid and Aeternam at the pool deck at sunrise. I'd probably lean a bit towards Gyze because they were a complete unknown to me coming in...so an amazing surprise.

Helps that I had a chance to meet members of both bands walking around the boat, and they were remarkably nice and humble guys. Told the Aeternam dudes that I had all their albums, and they must have thanked me at least 10 times for it. lol
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

CRIPPER AWARD 2018 - VOTE NOW

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:04 am

Hi everyone,

So once again, the Cripper Award is here!

As usual, the candidates are those bands who were unknown to most of us before they were announced. In general terms, those are the bands with less than 10,000 listeners on last.fm. An exception has been done with Diablo Blvd, as they have a little more than 10,000 listeners but the vast majority are from Belgium.

Voting is open for one week, until Thursday 15th 4:00AM CT (Cruise Time :D)

PS. I would appreciate it if a moderator could make this post sticky, permanent, or whatever it is called.
    Wishlist:

slayergeek
    Midshipman

Re: CRIPPER AWARD 2018 - VOTE NOW

by slayergeek » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:03 am

Also, lets leave facebook out of it this time :)
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:24 am

Majestic Downfall were amazing, they have my vote.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:03 am

Where is Aeternam? First time out of Canada isn't small enough? :shred:
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:17 am

bodomdragon wrote:....
    As usual, the candidates are those bands who were unknown to most of us before they were announced. In general terms, those are the bands with less than 10,000 listeners on last.fm. An exception has been done with Diablo Blvd, as they have a little more than 10,000 listeners but the vast majority are from Belgium.

Masterbas wrote:Where is Aeternam? First time out of Canada isn't small enough? :shred:

I think I recall that they are over the threshold that was decided upon in the past. Bodomdragon can confirm.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:17 am

TPH wrote:Majestic Downfall were amazing, they have my vote.

Same here.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:21 am

Masterbas wrote:Where is Aeternam? First time out of Canada isn't small enough? :shred:

This has been explained before, but here it goes again:

First: this band was pretty much hand picked by us users in the forum. We started requesting it heavily, Andy heard us, and then they were announced. The same group of users that requested the band are now the ones voting for the best unknown (Cripper) band. Can you see the paradox?

Second: the general rule of thumb (yes, there are exceptions) is that it has to be bands with less than 10,000 listeners in last.fm. They are above that.

The first point would be enough for me to rule them out. The second one only reinforces this position.

PS. Just to make it very clear, I FUCKING LOVED both shows from Aeternam, I stayed there till sunrise and that's one of the most memorable moments for me in the cruise. This is nothing personal, on the contrary :)
    Wishlist:

Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:54 am

slayergeek wrote:Also, lets leave facebook out of it this time :)

agreed
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:56 am

my vote goes to Gyze... but, when announced it really seemed like nobody knew In Mourning and they won my heart... and Majestic Downfall was absolutely badass and I just want to honor them

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Iconix
    Crewman

by Iconix » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:21 pm

I wish I could vote for more than one, because I was REALLY impressed by Majestic Downfall, but GYZE still has to take it
    70k Survivor:
    2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024

Wishlist: (ON!, last year, repeats, still hoping)

Aeternam-AlienWeaponry-AllShallPerish-Allegaeon-AMONAMARTH-Amorphis-Anciients-AndyGillion-ArchEnemy-AtTheGates-BE'LAKOR-Belzebubs-BeyondCreation-TheBlackDahliaMurder-BlackCrownInitiate-Blackguard-BloodStainChild-BORKNAGAR-Carcass-Chimaira-CountlessSkies-DarkAge-Darkane-DarkLunacy-DarkTranquillity-Devildriver-Diablo-DimensionZero-DimmuBorgir-DisarmoniaMundi-Eluveitie-Ensiferum-Equilibrium-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FearFactory-Finntroll-FleshgodApocalypse-GOJIRA-Gyze-TheHaloEffect-TheHaunted-Helleborus-Ihsahn-InFlames-InMourning-Insomnium-IntoEternity-InVain-Kalmah-Katatonia-KingOfAsgard-LacunaCoil-LambOfGod-Manegarm-Mastodon-Mercenary-Miseration-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MorsPrincipiumEst-NeObliviscaris-Nightrage-Obscura-TheOcean-OceansOfSlumber-OctoberTide-OmniumGatherum-OPETH-Ouroboros-Persefone-PainConfessor-Raunchy-RiversOfNihil-RottingChrist-SaltatioMortis-ScarSymmetry-ShadowsFall-Shylmagoghnar-Skeletonwitch-Skyfire-Slipknot-Soen-Soilwork-Solution.45-Stam1na-Susperia-SvartCrown-SwallowTheSun-Sylosis-Testament-ThreatSignal-Trivium-Turisas-Tyr-Unearth-UnleashTheArchers-Whitechapel-WhiteVoid-Wilderun-Wintersun-Wolfheart

\m/ >_< \m/
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:40 pm

Where's Revenge?
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:59 pm

manamachine wrote:Where's Revenge?

Almost 30,000 last.fm listeners, 3 times the usual threshold / reference, and many more Facebook fans (18K) than other contenders such as Gyze (10K), Evertale (6K) or Seven Spires (8K). They would have been a more or less reasonable contender, but the line has to be drawn at some point.
    Wishlist:

Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:03 pm

I was going to vote for gyze...

but seven kingdoms blew my mind completely
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:14 pm

Mr.Kito wrote:I was going to vote for gyze...

but seven kingdoms blew my mind completely

I wonder if being Brazilian had something to do with your choice? :D :D :D
    Wishlist:

EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:30 pm

I'm surprised to see Internal Bleeding on here, they kind of pioneered a subgenre.
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:23 am

Phoenix wrote:I was definitely impressed b Seven Spires professionalism, even if they're not my thing. Gyze were just so very talented and so happy to see fans, I heard stories of people making them stop taking photos and signing autographs so they could eat their meals.

"Okay, when I turn the lights off, THEN you start playing." --soundboard op to Gyze before their Pyramid show :lol:

I feel like we should send Aeternam some sort of thank you message on Facebook. It was absolutely our doing that they were booked, and we did NOT make a mistake. They may not qualify for Cripper but I want them to know how big a splash they made on the international stage.

Agreed. When I met them at their meet'n'greet I mentioned I was on the 70K Forum and had been one of the ones really supporting them here, and they were all incredibly thankful. Both shows were easily high points of my cruise.
    f
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:19 am

Had to vote for Seven Spires. Supremely talented band, very professional and very young (ages 19, 21 and 23).
    2025 Wishlist:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:06 am

Pellaz wrote:Had to vote for Seven Spires. Supremely talented band, very professional and very young (ages 19, 21 and 23).

Listen to this man and all the truth he speaks!!

I also voted Seven Spires, the girl is incredibly talented, especially considering how young she is. Promising future!
    Wishlist:

• Post Reply 56 posts