Post Reply 11 posts Page 1 of 1
First Four-Peat?
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

First Four-Peat?

by mbob » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Could we see the first 70K four-peat in 2019?

Those eligible are...

Amorphis
    Annihilator
    Death Angel
    Ensiferum
    Grave Digger
    Orphaned Land
    Overkill
    Raven
    Therion
    Tyr

and if we include BTH with 70K...

Moonspell
    Novembers Doom
    Sodom

Who would you like to see four-peat? If I get to choose I would pick Ensiferum but I think it will most likely be Annihilator.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

Re: First Four-Peat?

by Danny24601 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:55 pm

I'd give 70% odds we'll have at least one, given how many possibilities we have. My money would be on Annihilator and/or Ensiferum. Ensif was on 3 years "in a row" from 2011-2015, but they've been off for 3 years and have put out 2 new records since, so its really about time for them to return.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:00 pm

It's gotta be Annihilator, right? That's just in the bag if Andy needs an extra announcement. I could also easily see Overkill and Therion four-peating. I don't think Grave Digger will - it really seemed like they came on in 2017 so Andy could make up to them for not getting their pool deck set in 2015.

I hope Amorphis also does it though. They LOVE the cruise, they're a real big draw and always highly requested.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:01 pm

Isn't it already a given that it will be Annihilator. It has been unofficially acknowledged that Jeff Waters will be on every year for "Jamming With Waters" and that every other year he will be on with Annihilator.

Granted anything can happen, but I would bet a small amount of money that Annihilator will be among the first bands announced, and if not among the first, it will be announced at some point.

We will see :)
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:27 pm

Only reason why some of those might not be on in 2019, is if the skipper wants to hold them for another year and get them on for the 'big' '10th anniversary cruise' in 2020.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:04 am

mbob wrote:Amorphis
    Annihilator
    Death Angel
    Orphaned Land
    Therion

Any of these would make me very happy.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:01 am

Only Death Angel is of any interest to me in this list, but they are by far one of the best live acts around, their first boat show last year was the best of the whole cruise.
    And, if you count Barge to Hell, you can add Moonspell as well.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:07 am

Amorphis, Ensiferum, Orphaned Land, Therion, Tyr and Novembers Doom are of high interest to me
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:11 am

mbob wrote:Could we see the first 70K four-peat in 2019?

Those eligible are...

Amorphis
    Death Angel
    Ensiferum
    Therion
    Moonspell
    Novembers Doom

All of these, please :D

TPH wrote:Only Death Angel is of any interest to me in this list, but they are by far one of the best live acts around, their first boat show last year was the best of the whole cruise.

I 100% agree with this. Their accidental "oh by the way you're headlining now" set at Metalfest Croatia is still one of the best shows I've ever seen.
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    Slayer13
    Oiler

by Slayer13 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:29 am

As they are in my top 10 bands, Death Angel and Overkill are my top 2 but Amorphis, Ensiferum, and Tyr would rule also.

Those eligible are...

Amorphis
    Annihilator
    Death Angel
    Ensiferum
    Grave Digger
    Orphaned Land
    Overkill
    Raven
    Therion
    Tyr

Moonspell
    Novembers Doom
    Sodom

Who would you like to see four-peat? If I get to choose I would pick Ensiferum but I think it will most likely be Annihilator.
    70K 2014 - Survivor - Deck 4
    70K 2015 - Survivor - Deck 8
    70K 2016 - Survivor - Deck 7
    70K 2018 - Survivor - Deck 8

Wishlist for 2019 (work in progress): Abbath, Arkona, Avantasia, Brainstorm, Flotsam & Jetsam, Savatage, Voyager.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:23 am

Those eligible are...

Amorphis
    Ensiferum
    Orphaned Land
    Raven
    Therion
    Tyr

Any of these would make me a happy camper indeed.

Moonspell
    Novembers Doom
    Sodom

And any of these as well.

Prediction-wise I'd lay heavy odds on Annihilator for obvious reasons, and at least one of: Ensiferum, Therion, Tyr or Amorphis.
    I figure the odds of us getting at least one four-peat next year are around 90%.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
Post Reply 11 posts Page 1 of 1