Post Reply 58 posts
When will sales open for 2019?
    cowboy71
    Commander

When will sales open for 2019?

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:31 am

Last year Gold sales started 7th July, and public sales started 21st September.

What's your guess?

I'll start

Gold Sales
    8th August cowboy71

Public Sales
    Won't even happen because everything will be sold out before virgins get a chance :P
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: When will sales open for 2018?

by klons » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:42 am

Platinum sales July 21st. Cause they'd be bloody stupid to go through what they did last year with even MORE Golds.

Public Sales September 14th. Picking up the scrap super expensive cabins.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:51 am

Gold sales June 29th.

Public sales will never happen. Instead they'll go straight for a waiting list, which will be opened on September 5th.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:01 am

Guessing game!

I'll say August 17 on a Friday for the initial gold members. The other cabins? SOON!
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:05 am

bodomdragon wrote:Gold sales June 29th.

Public sales will never happen. Instead they'll go straight for a waiting list, which will be opened on September 5th.

Andy said at the press conference on the ship that he was concerned about the lack of public sales and was going to make changes to ensure that public sales will continue and 'new blood' would be able to book on the cruise. I believe a semi exact quote might be 'we don't want to turn this into a private event where you need to know someone to book'.

I believe he might make the gold/silver booking windows shorter before starting public sales or make other changes. He did not specify what changes he had in mind exactly, TBD was where this was left at the time.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:53 am

klons wrote:Platinum sales July 21st. Cause they'd be bloody stupid to go through what they did last year with even MORE Golds.

This.

It's the only way I can think of to tier this better, without jacking up the prices to the point where he pisses off his existing clientele.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:58 am

Phoenix wrote:
    klons wrote:Platinum sales July 21st. Cause they'd be bloody stupid to go through what they did last year with even MORE Golds.

This.

It's the only way I can think of to tier this better, without jacking up the prices to the point where he pisses off his existing clientele.

I'm thinking the same thing....a new tier for the really long-time survivors, and then Gold status for those with 4 or more cruises (as they previously promised).

But seeing what SlayerGeek posted, UMC might be contemplating doing something that will "piss off" his existing clientele. Shorter window for booking? Umm, yay?

What they could consider is holding back a certain number of staterooms -- some from each type -- and shifting to a lottery system for first-timers to join....if demand continues to be high.
    If 70K shifts to an Oasis class ship in 2020, as has been heavily hinted at, then the problem would be resolved: larger ship = more cabins for newbies.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: When will sales open for 2019?

by Pellaz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:02 am

Oh! My guess!

Platinum sales (at least 6, maybe 7 prior 70Ks including Barge): July 14th
    Gold sales (4-6 priors): July 31st
    B/r/o/n/z/e/ no, SILVER sales (1-3 priors): August 15th
    Public on-sale: September 1st
    Last edited by Pellaz on Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:34 am

Pellaz wrote:Oh! My guess!

Bronze sales (1-3 priors): August 15th

I really hope you're wrong about the shift to Gold being an extra cruise - I'll lose my gold status :(

Also, Bronze? Silver is already a thing, Pellaz :P

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:52 am

Last year I had high speed internet, a desktop and I clicked in on the second when Gold booking opened. It took me almost an hour of sheer terror and frustration to get my confirmation. The web site was crashing badly with everyone jumping in at the same time. I doubt they are going to up their server computing bandwidth, so the only option is a lottery for Gold members to book with limited and varying time slots. I hate to see this happen, but it’s what I’d expect at this point. Or it could be a free-for-all like it was last year.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Oh! My guess!

Bronze sales (1-3 priors): August 15th

I really hope you're wrong about the shift to Gold being an extra cruise - I'll lose my gold status :(

I think they promised at one point last year that people with 3 cruises would be Gold next cruise, so they'd have to offer Gold status to anyone with at least 4 prior 70Ks.
    Also, Bronze? Silver is already a thing, Pellaz :P

Duh. I'm getting forgetful in my dotage. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:36 am

Pellaz wrote:What they could consider is holding back a certain number of staterooms -- some from each type -- and shifting to a lottery system for first-timers to join....if demand continues to be high.
    If 70K shifts to an Oasis class ship in 2020, as has been heavily hinted at, then the problem would be resolved: larger ship = more cabins for newbies.

I think this is the best way to handle things. Since the website is under assault and most of the cabins are gone within a few hours, having a shorter window for gold/silver/whatever won't help much holding back cabins for newcomers.
    This won't be good news for every former Survivor obviously, but until we get a bigger ship, I can't see a better solution to fix the current situation.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:42 am

Pellaz wrote:I think they promised at one point last year that people with 3 cruises would be Gold next cruise, so they'd have to offer Gold status to anyone with at least 4 prior 70Ks.

That's my point - I've only been on three times. And my card was gold onbroad this year.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:43 pm

TPH wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:What they could consider is holding back a certain number of staterooms -- some from each type -- and shifting to a lottery system for first-timers to join....if demand continues to be high.

I also agree that they may need to hold back some of the staterooms - it doesn't seem fair to cause a first timer to have to book an expensive top tier cabin because that's all that's left simply because they've never been onbroad before. With that being said, having been on every cruise except Barge, I do feel that those of us who have been this loyal should definitely get first dibs. Getting some kind of early broading option would be really nice too :mrgreen:

I honestly wouldn't mind a larger ship at this point if it would be more spacious. The Independence felt VERY crowded this year for some reason, especially in the Windjammer.

I'm hoping for Platinum sales July 13 (Friday the 13th, why not? :twisted: ).
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:46 pm

Daenerys wrote:

I also agree that they may need to hold back some of the staterooms - it doesn't seem fair to cause a first timer to have to book an expensive top tier cabin because that's all that's left simply because they've never been onbroad before.

Well, if Survivors really WANT to return in such large numbers -- which has been the case for most -- then yeah, it's going to be hard for first-timers to get onbroad, or more expensive.
    With that being said, having been on every cruise except Barge, I do feel that those of us who have been this loyal should definitely get first dibs. Getting some kind of early broading option would be really nice too :mrgreen:

"You can get early boarding privileges for just $90 per stateroom." :lol: (Carnival already has a similar program; let's not give UMC any ideas.)
    I honestly wouldn't mind a larger ship at this point if it would be more spacious. The Independence felt VERY crowded this year for some reason, especially in the Windjammer.

Same here....I just don't see any easy way to include all of our stages on an Oasis-class ship UNLESS the back aqua-theater can be turned into a "true" band performance stage.
    I'm hoping for Platinum sales July 13 (Friday the 13th, why not? :twisted: ).

"Platinum sales are for any Survivor with at least 7 prior 70K sailings...or the nickname 'Pellaz' on the Forum." :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:15 pm

I do not when the sales will begin, but I know this: my bank account is NOT ready!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:17 pm

cegr80 wrote:I do not when the sales will begin, but I know this: my bank account is NOT ready!

Same here. I'm fine with waiting for a while before sales open up.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • KaiIsTheKing
    Wiper

by KaiIsTheKing » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:11 am

Hi every people, really do you think virgin people who want To go The first time will have any possibilities to get a cheap cabin or this is impossible to believe.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:42 am

KaiIsTheKing wrote:Hi every people, really do you think virgin people who want To go The first time will have any possibilities to get a cheap cabin or this is impossible to believe.

Honestly, no. I think the cheap cabins will be gone before public sales. They didn't appear to hold them back last year.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:42 am

Pellaz wrote:......
    "Platinum sales are for any Survivor with at least 7 prior 70K sailings...or the nickname 'Pellaz' on the Forum." :lol:

Cue the Pellaz1, Pellaz2, Pellaz3,.... usernames. They will rival the Witchtrapsucks1-40 something
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:09 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    KaiIsTheKing wrote:Hi every people, really do you think virgin people who want To go The first time will have any possibilities to get a cheap cabin or this is impossible to believe.

Honestly, no. I think the cheap cabins will be gone before public sales. They didn't appear to hold them back last year.

Agreed. Newbies have two choices: save some extra money (a few hundred minimum) to pay that higher price, OR try to sign on with a returning Survivor. The "RECRUIT A CABIN MATE" sub-forum can help with this.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:21 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:......

Cue the Pellaz1, Pellaz2, Pellaz3,.... usernames.

No, it has to be an exact match with Pellaz and not Pellaz* -- no wildcards allowed. :lol:

They will rival the Witchtrapsucks1-40 something

It was a dark time for the Forum and no mistake. :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
    Starling
    Oiler

by Starling » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:08 pm

For the newbie question: If all the cabins are booked or all the cheapest cabins are booked (highly likely), keep in mind a lot of people end up needing to sell their spot later on in the year (starting a couple of months before the cruise, maybe) because of health reasons, financial reasons, personal reasons, etc., so keep an eye out on the forum and in the Facebook groups for people looking to sell.
    2017 Survivor (Cabin 7211)
    2018 Survivor (Cabin 8359)
    2019 Booked (Cabin 9689)
  • zizumbo
    Wiper

by zizumbo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:10 am

if you're traveling solo it would be easier to find a cheap cabin in the public sales, that's what I did last year for my first time, you can also try to book with other people with gold/silver status that are traveling solo and share the cabin
  • cgraus
    Oiler

by cgraus » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:54 pm

Bob wrote:Last year I had high speed internet, a desktop and I clicked in on the second when Gold booking opened. It took me almost an hour of sheer terror and frustration to get my confirmation. The web site was crashing badly with everyone jumping in at the same time. I doubt they are going to up their server computing bandwidth, so the only option is a lottery for Gold members to book with limited and varying time slots. I hate to see this happen, but it’s what I’d expect at this point. Or it could be a free-for-all like it was last year.

You may be right, but it's 2018. All they need to do is host their servers on the cloud and throw CPUs at it when they go live.
  • KaiIsTheKing
    Wiper

by KaiIsTheKing » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:30 am

Thank you so much, we will wait until the general sales and we will decide what we will do.
    I hope to be a lucky man and to book a not too expensive cabin next year with my friends.
    See you on board in 2019 SURE!!! we have already started saving money every week :beerwink:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:32 pm

KaiIsTheKing wrote:we have already started saving money every week :beerwink:

THIS! We need to start saving ASAP
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • alanhernandez071188
    Wiper

by alanhernandez071188 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:23 pm

I want 2019 to be my first time. I am trygin to understand how this system works. Mmm, so gold and silver sales would start on july and probably no public sales. So how can I assure a place for me? by buying cabin places to gold members?
    If anyone could answer, thanks a lot! :viking: :death:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

The 2018 Mega-thread has been unpinned and heading down to the bottom of the sea ,so that usually means a 2019 thread is coming very soon.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:11 pm

alanhernandez071188 wrote:I want 2019 to be my first time. I am trygin to understand how this system works. Mmm, so gold and silver sales would start on july and probably no public sales. So how can I assure a place for me? by buying cabin places to gold members?
    If anyone could answer, thanks a lot! :viking: :death:

No-one (except maybe Andy, the "Skipper") knows when sales will actually start, but last year it was around July, with sales to Gold survivors coming first (and crashing their ordering site BADLY), followed by Silver survivors. I think there was a brief period when sales were available to the public, but it didn't last long and the cruise was then flagged as "sold out -- wait-list."

There are two ways you could try to get onbroad: secure a spot with a Gold or Silver survivor, maybe using the Roommates sub-forum here, or go on the wait-list as early as possible if it sells out before you can book on your own. Not everyone who was wait-listed got on last year, but quite a few people posted here that they HAD gotten on.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:37 am

Some very handy info there.
    Saving now, is a good idea, if possible.
    I was hoping someone mighta knew when the GOLD tix go on sale.
    July/Aug.

Craving more info!
    Just wanna book it already!

2013: Survivor

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:57 am

cowboy71 wrote:Public Sales
    Won't even happen because everything will be sold out before virgins get a chance :P

You're describing my nightmare there. My cousin, my wife and myself really hope to get a chance to join you on the boat this year for the very first time.
    We wanted to do this for a couple of years now, but schedule never allowed it. Finally 2019 all would fit.

We would be okay on having to pay more for some of the expansive cabins that we won't really use, we're just hoping there is ANY room left when we get the chance.

Would be fantastic to meet you all next year.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:29 am

Amalu wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Public Sales

You're describing my nightmare there. My cousin, my wife and myself really hope to get a chance to join you on the boat this year for the very first time.
    We wanted to do this for a couple of years now, but schedule never allowed it. Finally 2019 all would fit.

We would be okay on having to pay more for some of the expansive cabins that we won't really use, we're just hoping there is ANY room left when we get the chance.

Would be fantastic to meet you all next year.

Hey, here's hoping!

I'm beginning to think there may be some additional availability for newcomers this year. Every day 70K delays announcements or bookings means more of a chance that Survivors start reconsidering their options. At this point, they are really starting to hurt themselves.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:15 pm

Well I'm an optimist in nature.

Although I do get the frustration trust me. I've been waiting for news, details on when to book and band announcements for months just as you survivors have been.

Honestly I think it is a shame that long term fans and multiple survivors are reconsidering and might not end up on the boat due to such late information. It might give me a slightly better chance for a cabin, but I don't care about that. I'm all for fan service and that includes a decent amount of information on what is going on. If there are good reasons for the delay, well then open a thread and let us know.
    I'm sure there are a lot of metalheads in the same situation as myself, survivor or not. It seems a bit risky of booking costly flights, hotels etc. if you do not know anything except the date when the cruise is supposed to happen.

I don't know about you guys, but for us flying over from Switzerland we would tour the USA a bit and have an extended holiday, but ONLY if we get a spot on the boat. The longer the wait the harder it gets to organise the rest. And I don't even want to think about last minute ticket prices. :lol:

But hey... I'm still hoping for the best. :death:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:52 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Last year Gold sales started 7th July, and public sales started 21st September.

What's your guess?

I'll start

Gold Sales
    8th August cowboy71

Public Sales

If Gold sales start tomorrow,that would be hitting the nail on the head.At this point I can see sales starting without any announcements,maybe the only discounts will be given before any bands are announced.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:11 pm

Would be hilarious if I was right :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:35 pm

Amalu wrote: If there are good reasons for the delay, well then open a thread and let us know.

This, this, a thousand times this.

With any other festival or large event I know of, by now the promoter or planner would have issued some sort of official and informative statement as to what's going on. It's not THAT hard, after all.
    This deafening silence just makes the folks at UMC seem incredibly amateurish...and we Survivors KNOW that, when it comes to the actual event logistics, they're not.

But hey... I'm still hoping for the best. :death:

Two out of three of my cabinmates haven't given up....yet. I haven't either...yet. I think we've lost one, though. :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:47 pm

70000tons on Facebook today:
    "2019 will rip your pants off with the amount of shitting you will be doing once we start announcing bands!!!"

Sounds like "we have a great show for you tonight, so stay tuned!", or could be a bit more than that.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:24 pm

Godflesh wrote:70000tons on Facebook today:
    "2019 will rip your pants off with the amount of shitting you will be doing once we start announcing bands!!!"

Sounds like "we have a great show for you tonight, so stay tuned!", or could be a bit more than that.

The social media person is very active in replying to comments at the moment. Either there is stuff all going on and so they have nothing better to do, or they are genuinely excited about what is in store for us.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:29 pm

Have to give props for some of the best trolling around. 70K stepped their social network game. Years ago I felt like replies were lacking and/or business casual. Now they just tell us to shut the fuck up and wait \m/

So... yay for someone trolling us while we wait for the gloriousness that is our booking code.
  • Post Reply 58 posts