Post Reply 516 posts
Official Guess the First Announcement Date Thread
    Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Official Guess the First Announcement Date Thread

by Cardest » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:14 am

Maybe, we'll get a 6 months to sailing date, on July 31 - with a tid bit on SOON bands type news!

We are all in the dark on what the heck is going on.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@40.4864 ... 6656?hl=en
    Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:23 am

It's alarming that 70K doesn't have a presence at Heavy Montreal as they have every other year. Hopefully they are using this weekend to set up announcements!
    Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer

by Cardest » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:12 pm

That is odd.

What's going on Skip?

Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:07 pm

The lack of promotion clearly shows that the skipper is indeed listening to us. I'm pretty sure bitching about spending money on promotion is the number one grievance over on facebook every year. Let's hope he also pays attention to the second item on the list: the lack of Disturbed on 70k.
    Wishlist:
    SABATON / ARKONA / STUCK MOJO / HEIDEVOLK / KILPI / SLAYER
    FOLK METAL / THRASH METAL
    Amalu
    Crewman

by Amalu » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:48 am

I'm new here in the forum. So first things first: Heavy greetings to you all! :viking:

Let's not forget that Andy is Swiss and that the Swiss national holiday is August 1st. So I'm guessing he saves the first announcement for then!
    Past gigs 2018: Iced Earth; Cradle of Filth; Therion; Scooter; Metallica; Rock meets Classic; Ensiferum; Judas Priest; The Hooters; PFF 2018

Upcomming gigs 2018: Van Canto; Within Temptation; Nightwish
    Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:24 am

Pellaz wrote:SO SAY WE ALL.
    MAKE IT SO.

Invoking Commander Adama and Captain Jean-Luc will make it happen, haha!
    Wishlist 2019: Ranked in order of
    1. Sheetz-my-panties and line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-Heilung-/-Rotting_Christ
    2. Never seen them live either.
    Vermilia-/-Grai-/-Inquisition-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Gojira-/-Jinjer-/-Burning_Witches-/-Unleash_the_Archers-/-VUUR-/-The_Heard-/-Tengger_Cavalry_(see_em_Dec_6)-/-Visigoth
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Myrkur-/-Babymetal-/-Oceans_of_Slumber-/-Behemoth-/-Vader-/-Napalm_Death-/-The_Iron_Maidens
    Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18
    scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:27 am

cowboy71 wrote:So apparently according to the discussion on Facebook, there isn't even an official 70K presence at Heavy Montreal this weekend?

:shock:

Nope, nowhere to be seen. I truly wonder where this is going...
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:29 am

scyll wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:So apparently according to the discussion on Facebook, there isn't even an official 70K presence at Heavy Montreal this weekend?

if we dont get an announcement by the time we reach 180 days to go, i'll start to get honestly worried :?
    2019.: Accept-Adrenaline.Mob-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Aneurose-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Doro-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi.RoS.Tour-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Grand.Magus-HellArise-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Kontrust-Mors.Principium.Est-Nevermore-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Operation:Mindcrime-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Susperia-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-TriOsphere-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013-Survivor
    2014-Survivor
    2015-Survivor
    2016- :(
    2017- :(
    2018-Survivor
    2019-Soon
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:01 pm

Looking at a couple of cruises that canceled both Alice Cooper and Mark McGrath had cruises that were to be in October and both canceled in February of that year,basically 8 months before.Being that The Independence of the Seas is still blackouted for the cruise date,I can assume that we have actually pasted the point of cancellation because Royal Caribbean doesn’t want to try to fill up a ship on short notice.So that must mean either they trust 70k or most likely 70k has the money to secure the ship even before selling any tickets.Going forward with 40 plus bands announced,maybe this is a tactic to open the cruise to other non-legacy cruisers also.If a couple of 100 don’t blind-book and bitch are replaced with a couple of hundred new cruisers ,the experience on the ship is actually better .
    My wishlist 2019 A band just one band before Christmas!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
  • Godflesh
    Midshipman

by Godflesh » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:25 pm

It's almost 6 months before departure, and deathmetalpat still hasn't updated his signature. I'm starting to get worried...
    Accept-/-Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Borknagar-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Cavalera.Conspiracy.(kind.of) -/-Combichrist-/-Coroner-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Ministry-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Napalm.Death-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nile-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Obituary-/-Onslaught-/-Pestilence-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Xibalba
  • Godflesh
    Midshipman

by Godflesh » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:53 pm

Godflesh wrote:I have a hunch that on Tuesday, we’ll be exactly 6 months away from departure. Fingers crossed.

In a few hours, we’ll know if I was right :lol:

Quiz: Complete this puzzle:
    Accept-/-Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Borknagar-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Cavalera.Conspiracy.(kind.of) -/-Combichrist-/-Coroner-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Ministry-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Napalm.Death-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nile-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Obituary-/-Onslaught-/-Pestilence-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Xibalba
    Pellaz
    Ensign

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:40 pm

meshuggah wrote:It's alarming that 70K doesn't have a presence at Heavy Montreal as they have every other year. Hopefully they are using this weekend to set up announcements!

That IS surprising. Plenty of loyal survivors sporting 70K shirts, but no official presence.

Bob wrote:Invoking Commander Adama and Captain Jean-Luc will make it happen, haha!

"This is 70K-Actual. Set Condition Soon throughout the ship." :shock:

Demons and Wizards has teased their new official FB page with a comment that the first major news would be August 4th.
    Could it be boat?
    Probably not. :lol:
    2019 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Eluveitie
    --Emperor--Ensiferum--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Kalmah--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Novembers.Doom--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:It's alarming that 70K doesn't have a presence at Heavy Montreal as they have every other year. Hopefully they are using this weekend to set up announcements!

That IS surprising. Plenty of loyal survivors sporting 70K shirts, but no official presence.

Bob wrote:Invoking Commander Adama and Captain Jean-Luc will make it happen, haha!

Demons and Wizards has teased their new official FB page with a comment that the first major news would be August 4th.
    Could it be boat?

MAKE IT BE SO!
  • Godflesh
    Midshipman

by Godflesh » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:35 pm

scyll wrote:

The same thing has just been reported about Metal Days: banners in the last 2 years, but not this year.

OTOH, I remember that the 70000tons page broke 70000 subscribers only a couple years ago, and now they’re at 150,000...
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:37 pm

Pellaz wrote:Demons and Wizards has teased their new official FB page with a comment that the first major news would be August 4th.
    Could it be boat?

What are the odds that it's NOT boat? Obviously boat.
    Brothers.of.Metal-/-Vintersorg-/-Stam1na-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Brymir-/-Powerwolf-/-Moonspell-/-Therion-/-Finntroll-/-Eisbrecher-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Teräsbetoni-/-Fejd-/-Avantasia-/-Edguy-/-Grai-/-Astral.Doors-/-Civil.War-/-Nodfyr-/-Scarab-/-Mono.Inc.-/-Kontrust-/-Gloryhammer-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Heathen.Foray-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-The.Dread.Crew.Of.Oddwood-/-Turisas-/-Deathstars-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-Vogelfrey
  • Godflesh
    Midshipman

by Godflesh » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:42 pm

acidbasement wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Demons and Wizards has teased their new official FB page with a comment that the first major news would be August 4th.
    Could it be boat?

It could be any other major festival.
    Come on, that would require UMC committing to an announcement date, and sharing it with a third party.
    Not. Gonna. Happen.
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:15 pm

acidbasement wrote:
    Could it be boat?

Odds are 50/50....either it happens or it doesn't, so that's 1 in 2.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer

by Cardest » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:22 pm

Hope it really isn't just a wait until Demons and Wizards do their thing on Aug 4 -
    What a monumental disappointment that would be.

So much speculating now.
    Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:23 pm

So we got an 8 months until cruise announment ,then a 7 months so by the end of tomorrow will we get the 6 months...
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:15 pm

The lack of any official presence at the big festivals is a little disturbing.

On one hand you can certainly argue that there is no need to advertise anymore due to being so popular - but if that is indeed the reasoning behind the zero presence on the festival circuit, then why put adverts in metal magazines like 70k have recently?

Plus even if you are popular, the metal cruise market is rapidly becoming more and more saturated. Multiple Full Metal Cruises each year, Monsters of Rock cruise, and a myriad of smaller cruises in Europe. 70k will run the risk of being quickly forgotten if they no longer have a presence.

And if a Barge To Hell 2 is in the planning, then all the more reason to get out and promote. Due to various reasons Barge sold poorly last time. Just because 70k is more popular now does guarantee a BTH 2 selling out.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    November Def-Leppard December Bon-Jovi-/-Kamelot
    2019 Wishlist
    -/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
  • Godflesh
    Midshipman

by Godflesh » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:20 pm

cowboy71 wrote:but if that is indeed the reasoning behind the zero presence on the festival circuit, then why put adverts in metal magazines like 70k have recently

Co-sponsoring contracts. Look at the official 70K picture backdrop, or the left-hand pane of http://www.70000tons.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:28 am

Godflesh wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:but if that is indeed the reasoning behind the zero presence on the festival circuit, then why put adverts in metal magazines like 70k have recently

Co-sponsoring contracts. Look at the official 70K picture backdrop, or the left-hand pane of http://www.70000tons.com

Gooood point :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2019 Wishlist
    -/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
    Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:23 am

I could plan a trip to see Soilwork and Amorphis in Europe instead of the cruise, maybe a show with In Vain would be possible on the way...
    Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-IN.VAIN-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Tengger.Cavalry-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    cegr80
    Chief Petty Officer

by cegr80 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:06 am

Phoenix wrote:I could plan a trip to see Soilwork and Amorphis in Europe instead of the cruise, maybe a show with In Vain would be possible on the way...
    As long as you come to the boat next year, you can do anything your heart desires until so ;)
    2017: Survivor - Cabin #7682
    2018: Survivor - Cabin #9701

2019 Wishlist:
    Acrassicauda|Alkaloid|Arcturus|AtTheGates|Batushka|BlackCrownInitiate|Borknagar|Candlemass|ChtoniC
    DimmuBorgir|Emperor|Ensiferum|Gorod|Ihsahn|Inferi|Jinjer|KeepOfKalessin|MorbidAngel|NovembersDoom
    ParadiseLost|Persefone|Shining(Nor)|TheGrindmother|Tyr|Wardehns
    Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:00 am

Pellaz wrote:...

"70K-Actual" would mean Andy speaking, the only one that matters, ie, not some subordinate radio operator or web promotion company. I'm sure we will hear from 70K-Actual first, the one I'm waiting on.
    Wishlist 2019: Ranked in order of
    1. Sheetz-my-panties and line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-Heilung-/-Rotting_Christ
    2. Never seen them live either.
    Vermilia-/-Grai-/-Inquisition-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Gojira-/-Jinjer-/-Burning_Witches-/-Unleash_the_Archers-/-VUUR-/-The_Heard-/-Tengger_Cavalry_(see_em_Dec_6)-/-Visigoth
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Myrkur-/-Babymetal-/-Oceans_of_Slumber-/-Behemoth-/-Vader-/-Napalm_Death-/-The_Iron_Maidens
    Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18
  • Godflesh
    Midshipman

by Godflesh » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:50 pm

Godflesh wrote:I have a hunch that on Tuesday, we’ll be exactly 6 months away from departure. Fingers crossed.

Boom, NAILED IT. July 31st/January 31st, exactly 6 months from departure.
    It feels good to guess one right for a change! :lol:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 pm

Godflesh wrote:

Is there an announcement? If so, I missed it.
    Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:05 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:

Is there an announcement? If so, I missed it.

Read it again... Godflesh is just being silly :roll:
    Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-IN.VAIN-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Tengger.Cavalry-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:09 pm

The 'artists' page has been purged of the old bands!!

We are seeing progress in the move towards announcements!!!
    Survivor
      2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Drummer/Singer_for
      FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
      iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
      Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
      The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Exmortus-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Black_Dahlia_Murder-/-Warbringer-
  • Godflesh
    Midshipman

by Godflesh » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:17 pm

slayergeek wrote:The 'artists' page has been purged of the old bands!!

And the 6 Months post is out everywhere.
    Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:20 pm

Godflesh wrote:

Not here. Still no official 2019 Forum post.

It's a little sad that we're excited about progress that really should have been made in March...
  • Godflesh
    Midshipman

by Godflesh » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:35 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:

Not here. Still no official 2019 Forum post.

It's a little sad that we're excited about progress that really should have been made in March...

No, for us Andy will jump straight to the "Welcome to the Metal Gods" post... SOON!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:50 pm

Now just need them to announce pricing, and re-work the deck plans for the new ship design so I can figure out which cabin to get :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2019 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:03 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Now just need them to announce pricing, and re-work the deck plans for the new ship design so I can figure out which cabin to get :D

Are there any cabins that have been removed?I thought it was only adding cabins,in that case I imagine that unless they add to the capacity,it would be a lot easier just to use the old cabins and not even change the deck plans.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:11 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Now just need them to announce pricing, and re-work the deck plans for the new ship design so I can figure out which cabin to get :D

Are there any cabins that have been removed?I thought it was only adding cabins,in that case I imagine that unless they add to the capacity,it would be a lot easier just to use the old cabins and not even change the deck plans.

Deck plans are quite different with a lot of additions and move so I'm fairly certain they will need to update the plans.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2019 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:51 pm

Tomorrow we get Pool Girl for August and then another month of sleep,zzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Godflesh
    Midshipman

by Godflesh » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:09 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Tomorrow we get Pool Girl for August and then another month of sleep,zzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D

Quick, let’s start a thread to guess who Miss August will be!
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:21 pm

Godflesh wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:Tomorrow we get Pool Girl for August and then another month of sleep,zzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D

Quick, let’s start a thread to guess who Miss August will be!

Caitilin :beerwink:
  • Godflesh
    Midshipman

by Godflesh » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:37 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:

Deck plans are quite different with a lot of additions and move so I'm fairly certain they will need to update the plans.

Yes, I’ve been wondering whether they *have* to update the deck plans before opening booking, but I think not necessarily.

I just book the same cabin every year, ever since I got one that’s perfectly situated.
    Unless RCI changed the cabin numbers due to the new deck plans, in which case we’re all fucked.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:01 pm

As far as I can see there are new cabins on decks 2, 3, 6, 11 and 12.

Does not appear that there are any changes to the numbering of pre-existing staterooms though.

I'd be amazed if they didn't update the deck plans on the website prior to opening up booking as there are a LOT of new staterooms.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2019 Wishlist
Post Reply 516 posts