Post Reply 2038 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 Megathread
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

Re: PUBLIC SALES for 70000TONS OF METAL 2019

by cegr80 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:13 pm

Come on, Skipper! Give us a bone!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Reading The RIOT V Act

by Andy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:43 pm

I don't want to incite a RIOT V, so I will be announcing more Artists in the near future for Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

If you don't already have your spot secured onbroad for next January, you will feel "M"orose...  

JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

Re: Reading The RIOT V Act

by JoAnnamayhem » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:07 pm

I am unfamiliar with this band, anyone have suggestions of which albums to check out?

As for M - Mors principum est sounds fitting

Moonspell? Morbid Angel? many possibilities
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
    KeepTheDogsAway
    Oiler

by KeepTheDogsAway » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:11 pm

JoAnnamayhem wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:07 pm I am unfamiliar with this band, anyone have suggestions of which albums to check out?

They are a classic band, have been around since the 70's as RIOT. They added the V since it's the 5th lineup change maybe?

Best known song is "Swords And Tequila" from the album Fire Down Under
    ACCEPT-/-ARMORED-SAINT-/-AVATAR-/-BROKEN-TEETH-/-CORROSION-OF-CONFORMITY-/-DILLINGER-ESCAPE-PLAN-/-DOWN-/-DRI-/-FASTWAY-/-GHOST-/-GOJIRA-/-GRAVEYARD-/-HATEBREED-/-HIGH-ON-FIRE-/-IN-FLAMES-/-JORN-/-KADAVAR-/-KATATONIA-/-KILLER-BE-KILLED-/-KILLSWITCH-ENGAGE-/-KINGS-X-/-KROKUS-/-KVELERTAK-/-KYNG-/-LIKE-OF-AGONY-/-LUCIFER-/-MACHINE-HEAD-/-MASTODON-/-MOONSPELL-/-MONSTER-MAGNET-/-NIGHT-FLIGHT-ORCHESTRA-/-ORANGE-GOBLIN-/-OVERKILL-/-PRONG-/-SAXON-/-SILVERTOMB-/-SLO-BURN-/-SOILWORK-/-SOULFLY-/-SUICIDAL-TENDENCIES-/-THE-HAUNTED-/-THE-SWORD-/-TRIVIUM-/-UFO-/-VOLBEAT-/-WASP-/-WITCHKILLER
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:28 pm

Gonna be Marduk next, but I'd only care if it was Mors. Though I guess Melechesh would also be sweet.

Though geez, you know what all these bands have in common? They're all REPEATS.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:37 pm

KeepTheDogsAway wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:11 pm
    JoAnnamayhem wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:07 pm I am unfamiliar with this band, anyone have suggestions of which albums to check out?

They are a classic band, have been around since the 70's as RIOT. They added the V since it's the 5th lineup change maybe?

Best known song is "Swords And Tequila" from the album Fire Down Under
    From Wikipedia...

Founding band member Mark Reale died of complications resulting from Crohn's disease on January 25, 2012 before he could appear at a few East Coast shows and the 70,000 Tons of Metal cruise ship with his band RIOT featuring the "Thundersteel" lineup who performed the shows without him. Mark Reale was 56. At the request of Mark's father, the name "Riot" was put to rest. Some former members of the "Thundersteel" era lineup began work putting together a new band in the same vein.

Later, they officially re-launched the band as "Riot V", named after featuring Todd Michael Hall as the fifth official singer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riot_V
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:39 pm

70,000 Tons of Dad Metal continues on !!!! :bangers: :lol:

How about Midnight, Misery Index or Mgla next please!
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:06 pm

Phoenix wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:28 pm Gonna be Marduk next, but I'd only care if it was Mors. Though I guess Melechesh would also be sweet.

I’m kind of expecting Mors myself. What makes you think Marduk?
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Haven't caught much of these guys when they've been on previously. May catch a set.

Only Ms I care about are MaYan or Magnum!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:20 pm

Downvod wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:06 pm
    Phoenix wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:28 pm Gonna be Marduk next, but I'd only care if it was Mors. Though I guess Melechesh would also be sweet.

I’m kind of expecting Mors myself. What makes you think Marduk?
    Because that would bring me joy!

Also, cost issues with flying Andy from Australia to NA. They had to crowd fund their NA tour.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:22 pm

Andy wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:43 pm I don't want to incite a RIOT V, so I will be announcing more Artists in the near future for Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

If you don't already have your spot secured onbroad for next January, you will feel "M"orose...  
    He didn't say soon. :shock:

Now announce Mgla
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:23 pm

Quite a few Ms in the top 100 requests.

And since this is a repeat-heavy lineup, lots of Ms that have been on previously:
    Malevolent Creation
    Manegarm
    Manilla Road
    Marduk
    Masacre
    Massacre
    Megora
    Melechesh
    Michael Schenker
    Misery Loves Co
    Monstrosity
    Moonsorrow
    Moonspell
    Mors Principium Est
    Municipal Waste
    My Dying Bride
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:33 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:23 pm Quite a few Ms in the top 100 requests.

And since this is a repeat-heavy lineup, lots of Ms that have been on previously:
    Malevolent Creation
    Manegarm
    Manilla Road
    Marduk
    Masacre
    Massacre
    Megora
    Melechesh
    Michael Schenker
    Misery Loves Co
    Monstrosity
    Moonsorrow
    Moonspell
    Mors Principium Est
    Municipal Waste
    My Dying Bride
    Manegarm might be my favorite show on the boat so far.
    Municipal Waste by far was the best pre-party band :shred:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:57 pm

Yesterday I thought that RAVEN and RIOT were overdue for a return but I didn’t want to post it and give anybody ideas :cry:
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:59 pm

Mgla, Mors Principium Est or Melechesh will make me /wrists for skipping this round.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:21 pm

MORBID ANGEL please :givebeer: :beerhorns: :cheers:
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Symphony Of Aggression

by Andy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:29 am

Please welcome MAYAN onbroad for Round 9 of The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Only onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL can you experience unrestricted festival access to all 120 live shows onbroad...

There's a lot more up our sleeves, we're going to keep making sure we are "F"resh in your minds...

cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Symphony Of Aggression

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:36 am

WOOOOOOOT!!!

ALMOST BEST M ANNOUNCEMENT POSSIBLE!!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:39 am

Wow, Andy wasn’t kidding about the “near” future.
    I have no idea who Mayan is, but statistically we have a good chance to cross their path on the boat:

• Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:41 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:36 am WOOOOOOOT!!!

Care to enlighten the rest of us, Dallas?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:43 am

Godflesh wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:41 am

Care to enlighten the rest of us, Dallas?
    Could have only been better for me if it was Magnum :)

But yeah, absolutely love MaYan.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:50 am

It does sound like something... special.
    Glad you got one from your wish list!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:57 am

‘F’ for me is FEAR FACTORY or FLOTSAM AND JETSAM, but at this point I’m expecting FANTASIA or FEATHERY FAIRIES or FIFTY SHADES OF EVERGREY...
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:03 am

soo good that even iTunes does not have them
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:30 am

Okay, I've been meaning to check them out for awhile. Now I will.
    The best F for me would be Finntroll, with Fleshgod Apocalypse a close second.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:59 am

acidbasement wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:30 am The best F for me would be Finntroll, with Fleshgod Apocalypse a close second.
    Those are my two “F”s as well. Although the last two times I’ve seen FGA, they’ve been mediocre or just plain bad. I love their music, but it’s complexity requires a really good live mix. Their last show in SLC was a muddled mess that sounded just awful.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:07 am

One for Dallas! Good enough!

I'm blanking on F bands that aren't Fleshgod right now. Fffffffff.... Fall Out Boy?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:23 am

Phoenix wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:07 am One for Dallas! Good enough!

I'm blanking on F bands that aren't Fleshgod right now. Fffffffff.... Fall Out Boy?
    I would like to see Fall Out Boy only cause my friend is their sound tech but for "F"
    Fleschcrawl :shred:
    or we can expand a little and get FEAR doing "More Beer"
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:55 am

Mayan is great. Shocked people in s place like this don't know them. Basically mark Jansens outlet for heavy symphonic weird stuff he can't do in epica
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:15 am

Very good announcement. Now if only Andy can convince Falconer to come out of live retirement...
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:15 am

Ideally: F-ear Factory... playing "Demanufacture" at the pool, and "Obsolete" at the theater.

Reality: F-inding my way to get some pizza because I don't like the band

... looking forward to the heavy hitters.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:37 am

Riot V ... I have no effing clue, haven't heard them yet.

MaYaN ... fuck yeah. Latest album is fucking awesome.

F for FUCK ...
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:00 pm

Definitely not into Riot V or Mayan. Looks like I'll have to reserve most of my excitement for the late additions.

Probably not gonna pass Andy, but shit, Neckbeard Deathcamp joked about how to get booked on 70k. I only like them for the memes, but I'd go see that shit. They did manage to get on MDF, haha, but then that's more their crowd.

I'll just wait for some (more) thrash bands to come along closer to cruising. They don't have to be big, just very circle-pit'able.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:11 pm

Riot! Fuck yeah! Seen them plenty of times and won't turn down a chance to see them twice more. FInntroll next, please.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:29 pm

mooyagi wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:15 am Very good announcement. Now if only Andy can convince Falconer to come out of live retirement...
    They were so boring at ProgPower a few years ago. I was really looking forward to them and was so disappointed. If it wouldn't have been their last live show, I would have walked out.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:33 pm

For "F" bands, how about Fates Warning? Does Falkenbach play live anymore?
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:49 pm

This for me is definitely the best lineup at the halfway mark in announcements for quite a few years.

Got three off my wishlist, two never before seen live (UTA and Mayan). 7 other guaranteed two-setters to make 10 in total. Plus at least half a dozen others I'd gladly catch 1 set from.

Hard to believe we are only halfway! Given that I'll have my 9yo son with me and will have to make sacrifices to accommodate him, I'm gonna have some hard choices to make if the back 30 is anything like the first 30!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:54 am

Fleshgod Apocalypse. Perhaps too similar musically to announce straight after Mayan.

My money is on Finntroll.

But, I would LOVE Fairyland!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:31 am

Sgt. B wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:29 pm
    mooyagi wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:15 am Very good announcement. Now if only Andy can convince Falconer to come out of live retirement...
    They were so boring at ProgPower a few years ago. I was really looking forward to them and was so disappointed. If it wouldn't have been their last live show, I would have walked out.
    Could not disagree more with you. That last show was nothing short of awesome imo. I even shed some tears with the beautiful acoustic rendition of Long Gone By
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:08 am

my bets are for:
    * Finntroll
    * Folkodia
    * Folkstone
    * Fängörn

:givebeer:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531