Post Reply 443 posts
Appropiate "attire" ? (since this a cruise afterall)
    KevinP
    Commander

Appropiate "attire" ? (since this a cruise afterall)

by KevinP » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:20 pm

I would normally wear this shirt to clubs "back in the day" without a problem. Now I know this cruise will only be metalheads, but the staff on board is another story. :?

I can't quite wrap my head around drinking a glass of wine in the dining room while sportin' this beauty: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WARNING - Explicit Content
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/j ... CN0448.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/j ... CN0449.jpg
    Last edited by KevinP on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Appropiate "attire" ? (since this a cruise afterall)

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:31 pm

Wear what you want man! I got pretty dirty looks in my life by wearing my Acheron shirt, it has a picture of these little baby devils roasting a baby jesus on an open fire pit. My favorite is to wear those style of shirts to Wal Mart or the Mall.

I wear all my shirts proudly. I would not have bought them if I did not like them and plan on wearing them in public!
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:49 pm

I'm just trying to exercise some amount of decorum since we will be in a "closed" environment for 5 days. I don't wear stuff for the sake of shock value and had no idea if was something they could ask me to remove.

I used to have a bunch of Meat Shits shirts, that were way more over the top, but I've since sold them.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer

by Schluckspecht666 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:41 pm

This is a fucking Heavy Metal festival. Wear what you want. Anyone that has a problem with your attire will be thrown over board! :death:
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:53 am

KevinP wrote:I would normally wear this shirt to clubs "back in the day" without a problem. Now I know this cruise will only be metalheads, but the staff on board is another story. :?

Not sure if I would be comfortable drinking a glass of wine in the dining room while sportin' this beauty:

WARNING - Explicit Content
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/j ... CN0448.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/j ... CN0449.jpg

NICE
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:33 am

Well I wear what I wear. If it is shocking to some, that is their problem. Sweet Autopsy shirt dude. Cannot wait to see them at Maryland Deathfest.....

Last year I was going through late night Jack in the Box drive thru and was wearing my "Venom- Welcome to Hell" shirt and the hispanic dude at the cash register was like "Whoaaaaaa man, I know what that means" and "Your a satanist man, I know that means Satan" (Picture of a baphomet with the Venom Logo) and I was like "Huh"? I probably could have got the guy fired had I called and asked for the district manager.

I just got pulled over. Freaked me out, was on my way home from a friends where I watched a movie and had a couple of beers and I guess I had a headlight out. I am wearing my Suffocation- Effigy shirt and the cop asked me what that said and I said "Suffocation, Sir". :lol: I got a warning (for the light, not the shirt...)

Some people my age are like "When are you going to grow out of it and wear normal clothes"? I am like "Uh, never...I wear what I want if that is ok"...

This dude here, however should not be allowed to board the boat...

Buwahahahahahhhh :mrgreen:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:38 am

For me it will more likely be leather trousers and the W.A.S.P ' I FUCK LIKE A BEAST TSHIRT'
    Seriosuly though nobody is gonna care what clothes you wear just as long as it's not baggy pants,lots of gold chains and rings and a tupac tshirt :lol:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:51 am

Schluckspecht666 wrote:This is a fucking Heavy Metal festival. Wear what you want. Anyone that has a problem with your attire will be thrown over board! :death:

:lol: that's what I kinda figured. Again if this was at a club or something I wouldn't even give it any thought. But while on a cruise it seemed like it could be a bit much. My Morbid Angel, Pungent Stench, Grave, Entombed & Ripping Corpse shirts are not offensive. But since the Autopsy one contained sexual images and profanity, is what caused me to pause.

I'm still getting over the fact that this is a METAL cruise and not some family function/outing (which was the last cruise I was on).

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:12 am

What are they gonna do? Not let me come out of my cabin in jeans and a tshirt? Screw that. That is why THIS is the kind of cruise I am joining. If we can't be completely ourselves on this boat OF ALL PLACES, then we can't be us anywhere...

Hahaha at above picture!

70000 Tons of Metal Onboard Success: Take Fucking 2! Divorce
    kept me from the last one, but I won't take "no" for an answer this time.
    KK Cruiser
    Petty Officer

by KK Cruiser » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:12 pm

The older I get, the less I give a shit of what anyone thinks. Seriously.

However, I may sport some khakis and a polo shirt just to piss everyone off!

hahahaha!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:29 pm

If people don't approve of your attire then just don't wear any attire.
    I'm pretty sure after a few mins they will be more appreciative of what you were wearing :lol:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Frankly, I would be offended if you DIDN'T wear that Autopsy shirt, at the very least to the formal dining room :death:

I'm gonna dress in whatever the fuck I fell comfortable in, but if there is some kind of formal dinner at any point, I may bring one nice shirt for the occasion.

And now I direct this quesion to any of the Mods reading this: Will there be a Captain's Night?
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:48 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Will there be a Captain's Night?

I was thinking about that some days ago. I will be a freakshow, note it down.

But, as an alternative, it could be a "Captains's Solo Night" or "Board Crew Band". :D
    -----------------
    Zeh
    Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer

by Schluckspecht666 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:58 pm

KK Cruiser wrote:The older I get, the less I give a shit of what anyone thinks. Seriously.

hahahaha!

Just make sure that shirt is not pink with green stripes or something. :viking:

But I like your attitude. I also don't give a shit of what anyone thinks about how I look, dress, speak, live and so on. Never did. Never will. Accept others the way they are. As different they may be. :headbanger:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:24 pm

Schluckspecht666 wrote:
    KK Cruiser wrote:The older I get, the less I give a shit of what anyone thinks. Seriously.

hahahaha!

Just make sure that shirt is not pink with green stripes or something. :viking:

But I like your attitude. I also don't give a shit of what anyone thinks about how I look, dress, speak, live and so on. Never did. Never will. Accept others the way they are. As different they may be. :headbanger:

Spoken like a True German!!! Cheers to you!
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:06 am

I don't care much about the clothes you are dressing, I would only be mad (and dammed forever) if no clothes are allowed :shock:
    -----------------
    Zeh
    Blacktophat
    Crewman

by Blacktophat » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:22 pm

Clothes :shock:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:30 pm

Zeh wrote:I don't care much about the clothes you are dressing, I would only be mad (and dammed forever) if no clothes are allowed :shock:

That sounds like a dare :twisted:
    sideways
    Petty Officer

by sideways » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:56 pm

oh dear watch out for Metalwrath! :lol:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:45 pm

:lol: I think the cruise should have a contest "Most offensive shirt"

On the cruise I went on they had a contest "Best boarding shirt" and gave 100 dollars on your beverage card to whomever had the best shirt on. 100 dollars is 1/2 of a night of drinking! :lol:

I mean please, this is NOT your grandma's metal cruise.

If its too loud- your too old

STONE DEAF FORVER

and if your self concious about your clothes, chances are you should not be even going on something like this.

I got thrown out of school for wearing a shirt with mickey mouse "flipping off" one time. I just did not give a shit.
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:46 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote::lol: I think the cruise should have a contest "Most offensive shirt"

On the cruise I went on they had a contest "Best boarding shirt" and gave 100 dollars on your beverage card to whomever had the best shirt on. 100 dollars is 1/2 of a night of drinking! :lol:

STONE DEAF FORVER

and if your self concious about your clothes, chances are you should not be even going on something like this.

I got thrown out of school for wearing a shirt with mickey mouse "flipping off" one time. I just did not give a shit.

My cousin was actually kicked out of our small town local park for having a shirt that said "Fuck you, you fucking fuck". I was just reminded of this by your comment. Hahaha. :headbanger:

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:00 pm

I found a tshirt today online from a band called Debauchery.
    It says chainsaw Masturbation and thats pretty much what the naked chick is doing on the front of the tshirt.There's blood all over her and on the back of it it says 'Fuck the saw' :lol:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Metalwrath wrote:I found a tshirt today online from a band called Debauchery.
    It says chainsaw Masturbation and thats pretty much what the naked chick is doing on the front of the tshirt.There's blood all over her and on the back of it it says 'Fuck the saw' :lol:

:lol: That is awesome. Debauchery are pretty good!

I have a sick shirt from Impetigo that I should wear on the cruise.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:27 pm

CharleneThrashes wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote::lol: I think the cruise should have a contest "Most offensive shirt"

STONE DEAF FORVER

My cousin was actually kicked out of our small town local park for having a shirt that said "Fuck you, you fucking fuck". I was just reminded of this by your comment. Hahaha. :headbanger:

In 1997, I was wearing a Cradle of Filth- Jesus is a cXXt long sleeved shirt on a Sunday at Wal Mart one time and picking up something in the pharmacy and there was a really old lady and her really old husband. And I was standing in front of them in line and the woman exlaimed "Oh my gosh Harold, did you read his shirt"? :lol: :lol:

I have since sold the shirt for pretty penny on eBay.
    Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer

by Schluckspecht666 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:35 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:

Funny! Some 25 years ago I got thrown out of class by my math teacher for wearing a Scorpions shirt. (!) So I could sit in the corridor for the rest of the lesson while he was lecturing the class about "good music". :lol:
    The nice thing about the story is, that I saw that guy years later in his car on a parking lot of a supermarket, his windows down, blasting "Wind Of Change" What a fucking douchebag!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:40 pm

schluck- dude we HAVE to drink some beers on the cruise, that just cracked me the fuck up. are you military or german? because you speak/write VERY good english.....

Was the Scorpions shirt- Virgin Killer :shock:

Scorpions are my favorite hard rock band of all times since '76
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:33 pm

Schluckspecht666 wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:

Funny! Some 25 years ago I got thrown out of class by my math teacher for wearing a Scorpions shirt. (!) So I could sit in the corridor for the rest of the lesson while he was lecturing the class about "good music". :lol:
    The nice thing about the story is, that I saw that guy years later in his car on a parking lot of a supermarket, his windows down, blasting "Wind Of Change" What a fucking douchebag!

2 things I hate : Hypocrits and bullies. Screw 'em.

To add to the offensive tshirts, this same cousin often looks at tshirthell.com. One that he wants really bad reads on the front : "There are 2 people fucking on the back of this shirt" and of course as the unaware passerby reads the back, Jesus is standing there with a thumbs up saying "Nah, just kidding. Believe in Jesus!"

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:22 pm

CharleneThrashes wrote:
    Schluckspecht666 wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:

2 things I hate : Hypocrits and bullies. Screw 'em.

To add to the offensive tshirts, this same cousin often looks at tshirthell.com. One that he wants really bad reads on the front : "There are 2 people fucking on the back of this shirt" and of course as the unaware passerby reads the back, Jesus is standing there with a thumbs up saying "Nah, just kidding. Believe in Jesus!"

:lol:l :lol: :lol: :lol: hahahahahahah that rules. Remember that rock/metal festival in Norway "Quart Festival" and during the band "The Cumshots" 2 people hopped on stage and started fucking for the forest. (they were some Norse tree huggers). I think they were arrested!! The video is probably still up on youtube. And I have seen some crazy shit in my time. Mostly at a GG Allin or The Mentors shows!!
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:13 pm

Speaking of the "Fuck You You Fuckin' Fuck" shirt, I have it. I remember wearing this one time into a Denny's and all the waitresses were cracking up asking me where they could get one, so they could wear them to work :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:28 pm

Classy. Only a true gentleman would own one. :headbanger:

Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:36 am

Yes indeed. I am ever the epitome of class and sophistication :cool:
    Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer

by Schluckspecht666 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:26 am

Captain Metal wrote:Speaking of the "Fuck You You Fuckin' Fuck" shirt, I have it. I remember wearing this one time into a Denny's and all the waitresses were cracking up asking me where they could get one, so they could wear them to work :lol:

I have one of them too. Got it in NYC. I wear it going to parties... makes me always the center of all the attention. :D
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Found out today I'm almost for sure getting my cabin booked in the next couple hours. Still not 100% guaranteed but very close.

In celebration, I went and got a couple new shirts...

No, not missing the M in among, just a wrinkle when taking photo. Has large band logo in white and "Follow Me Or Die!" in yellow on the back :twisted:

Has the classic Queensryche logo/emblem thing on back in gold, smallish.

Local metal shop where I shop. Owner JJ is a very cool guy. Sets up lots of in store meet n' greets.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    jassiak
    Crewman

by jassiak » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:54 am

I wonder if I'll fit in with my Sabaton - Come Suck My Metal Machine ;)
    I can see clearly now, a painful vision indeed
    An attack on hallowed ground, from high above
    Alien to us, the species known as man
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:57 pm

I still think this is quite hillarious that this thread actually exists in the first place.
    Since when do metalheads care about what they wear anyway? :lol:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Metalwrath wrote:I still think this is quite hillarious that this thread actually exists in the first place.

So you're saying you'd be just as happy and comfortable in a green prom dress as you would be in your jeans, t-shirt and leather jacket?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:39 pm

Metalwrath wrote:I still think this is quite hillarious that this thread actually exists in the first place.

The only thing I care about is what Metal shirt out of my collection of over 300 am I going to put on today.

:viking:

Honestly. What is next

Appropriate "language" (since this is a cruise...) thread?

originally Appropriate was spelled wrong as well. :mrgreen:
    Last edited by TOM CRUISE on Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:41 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

So you're saying you'd be just as happy and comfortable in a green prom dress as you would be in your jeans, t-shirt and leather jacket?

Whatever makes him happy!!!!!!!!!! I will not judge him for it....... but this is a metal cruise with extreme bands. So "attire" is a given!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:17 pm

(still ducking from the sharpnel) :shock:

I'm just not the type to wear a metal shirt to Lowes or Home Depot. :|
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer

by Schluckspecht666 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:29 pm

KevinP wrote:
    I'm just not the type to wear a metal shirt to Lowes or Home Depot. :|

Why not?

I would probably not wear a shirt with blood drenched body parts all over it if I'd go to the bank to get a loan. But if you go shopping, why wouldn't you wear a metal shirt if you feel comfortable wearing it in other places?
Post Reply 443 posts