Locked 131 posts
Canada's representing!
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

Canada's representing!

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:29 am

Holy crap! I'm officially booked -- *phew* -- and ready for January. (Are we there yet?) I've been perusing the message boards, and boy are there a lot of Canadians that are going to be on this ship. Awesome! (I guess it does make sense, as the folks putting this together are in Vancouver!) I might just meet more metal enthusiasts from my general area on a cruise ship down south than right here at home. To get a jump on that, who are you and where in Canada are you from?

So aside from saying hello to my fellow northern North Americans, I was wondering something kind of important. I haven't booked my plane tix to Miami yet. Let's face it, it IS going to be late January, and especially after the "summer" us western Canadians have had, I'm a little concerned about the potential for crap weather and the flight down. How far in advance are you all planning on heading down there in case of delays? I don't want to cut it too close, but I can't really afford to go down DAYS in advance if everything runs smoothly.
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Canada's representing!

by Max_Rockwell » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:40 am

Winnipeg, Manitoba right here!

Along with 3 other buddies of mine.

We booked our flights to arrive a night before I believe, and leave a day after the cruise is done. That's if I"m correct. I wanted to stay for a while longer but it didn't work out that way. Oh well.... should be a fun trip regardless!

They should really invite 3 inches of Blood or Into Eternity or both to this cruise.
  • MitchTheMetalhead
    Crewman

by MitchTheMetalhead » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:01 am

My wife and I are from E-town (Edmonton) Alberta.
    Were both really excited to see (and meet!) quite a few of these bands already... And I know of one person on these forums that's from Calgary. Gonna be a crusty adventure. I'm glad Canada is being represented so well :death:
    Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Cabin 2182 Section H
    DrAmygdala
    Petty Officer

by DrAmygdala » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:38 am

Waterloo, Ontario here.

I haven't booked my flight yet as I'm waiting for prices to drop a bit. But I plan on flying out the day before, probably around or shortly before noon, so if there are delays, I should still get there the day before.
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:12 am

Oh yeah -- I'm in Saskatoon and have been here for a little over 2 years. I lived in Calgary for about 4 years before that. I go to Edmonton pretty frequently for shows now. I love the Starlite Room as a venue. I've only ever just passed thru Winnipeg, but the metal scene there seems pretty healthy and I'd love to check it out sometime. WPG band Evil Survives plays here pretty often, which is great. I love those guys!

3IOB and/or Into Eternity would indeed be awesome. Maybe they're yet to be announced?

:beerwink:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:05 am

New postby ragnaröks_roller » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:12 am
    Oh yeah -- I'm in Saskatoon and have been here for a little over 2 years. I lived in Calgary for about 4 years before that. I go to Edmonton pretty frequently for shows now. I love the Starlite Room as a venue. I've only ever just passed thru Winnipeg, but the metal scene there seems pretty healthy and I'd love to check it out sometime. WPG band Evil Survives plays here pretty often, which is great. I love those guys!

3IOB and/or Into Eternity would indeed be awesome. Maybe they're yet to be announced?

:beerwink:

I HOPE 3 Inches gets on this thing, seen them 11 times and they're always a blast! I'm from Calgary, agree with you on the no summer part earlier. I haven't booked flights yet but me and my friend were thinking about getting there 1 - 3 days before to check out Miami, then everything can go smoothly on the day of boarding. I'm just not sure what there is for sight seeing that is worth doing in Miami but some quality beach time wouldn't be amiss :)
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:41 pm

Yeah, damn, I think we might end up with a hundred or more Canucks on this amazing trip. I'm in Vancouver myself.

My high risk flight plans have been posted elsewhere but let's just say that, this being my first ever major trip, I hadn't really considered delays and wanted to arrive the morning of the day we sail. I'm trusting the metal travel gods to give me smooth sailing on all fronts and not allow me to be standing on the dock wiping tears and waving as you guys sail away :lol:

Wish I'd seen 3ob years before when they were supposedly great live. The show I attended, about a year ago now, they were blown away by the two opening bands and delivered a very mechanical and uninspired performance. I've since heard from longer term fans of the band that their shows used to kick ass but they've lost something over recent years and line up changes. It's too bad cuz I wanted to be a fan, I really did. Sadly, it will not make my day if they're booked on this and I can easily think of about 20 Canadian bands I'd rather see added to the cruise.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:46 pm

I'm from the states, but my 3 cabinmates are from Vancouver, BC. :beerhorns:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:13 pm

I am from Edmonton as well as one of my cabin mates, the other two are from Red Deer, Alberta and Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. A bunch of my mates from the Okanagan Valley in BC are coming as well I know. Viathyn and his two mates are from Calgary as well. Should be a blast!

R-Roller: You've seen Evil Survives? Pretty cool traditional metla band! I've seen them in Edmonton a couple of times. Have you ever heard of Striker from Edmonton??
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:34 am

Element0s wrote:I am from Edmonton as well as one of my cabin mates, the other two are from Red Deer, Alberta and Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. A bunch of my mates from the Okanagan Valley in BC are coming as well I know. Viathyn and his two mates are from Calgary as well. Should be a blast!

R-Roller: You've seen Evil Survives? Pretty cool traditional metla band! I've seen them in Edmonton a couple of times. Have you ever heard of Striker from Edmonton??

Hells yes! I go see Evil Survives whenever they're here. I saw Striker when they came thru several weeks ago. LOVED THEM! I bought a CD and have been listening to it quite a bit. A band called Untimely Demise is headed your way soon. Make sure to check them out.

Who's this from Saskatoon that's coming on the cruise?! I'm fairly new around these parts and am not best friends with every metal head in town to say the least. Might be fun to meet up beforehand? The way I figure, anyone who commits to a trip like this must be worth meeting, and we're going to be "stuck" on a big boat anyway come January.
    :headbanger:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:56 am

Always good to have more of you overly polite pale skins onboard. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:38 am

I better start with the fak'n bake! :givebeer:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
  • MitchTheMetalhead
    Crewman

by MitchTheMetalhead » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:16 pm

I am expecting one of two things to happen:
    As we are all from Canada we understand the weather gets cold so I belive such climitization will either
    1. Cause spontaneous human combustion
    Or
    2. Cause a slow but unrelenting melt into a puddle.
    Just a theory...
    Seriously though, a break from the snow and -40c will be enjoyable
    Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Cabin 2182 Section H
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:01 am

From Calgary Alberta and I LOVE the Alberta metal scene, so many good bands that haven't been discovered! Maybe this cruise will help with that. Open mic maybe? I know members of Viathyn and Samandriel will be there.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:41 pm

It's Tuesday afternoon.

Sheila and Debb have just finished rippin' it up during a Forbidden set and have grabbed a couple drinks and set out for the pool deck to get some sun and air. They're strolling along, enjoying the view, sipping their drinks and chatting about which gig to see next.

Suddenly Sheila screams... "Ahhhh!! WTF?!?!"

Debb looks and sees that Sheila's foot has landed in a gooey, red and white pool of some sticky, sloppy, soupy substance on the deck surface. There seems to be the tattered remains of a pair of shorts and a black band t-shirt tangled up amongst the mess. Debb grabs Sheila and they both pull. Sheila escapes but her right flip-flop is stuck in the goo and begins to bubble and liquefy right before their eyes.

"What the mother fucking hell was THAT?", Sheila asks.

"Oh", Debb says, "Yeah... I'm pretty sure that was Doug from Manitoba. I recognize that Razor shirt he was wearing at dinner last night. Damned Canadians melting into puddles all over this bloody boat. That's the third one I've seen today"

Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:46 pm

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:11 pm

OMG Robb....you keep me so entertained!! bwa ha ha ha aaaa
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    karlsberg
    Oiler

by karlsberg » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:15 pm

My wife and I are from near Toronto. Glad to see Canada represented. :party:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:26 pm

Holy sheeeit there are a lot of Albertans on Board.

Calgarian myself, been back and forth to and from Edmonton over the last 5 years for school.
    Currently in Edmonton until December, and Calgary until the trip!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:46 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:It's Tuesday afternoon.

Sheila and Debb have just finished rippin' it up during a Forbidden set and have grabbed a couple drinks and set out for the pool deck to get some sun and air. They're strolling along, enjoying the view, sipping their drinks and chatting about which gig to see next.

Suddenly Sheila screams... "Ahhhh!! WTF?!?!"

Debb looks and sees that Sheila's foot has landed in a gooey, red and white pool of some sticky, sloppy, soupy substance on the deck surface. There seems to be the tattered remains of a pair of shorts and a black band t-shirt tangled up amongst the mess. Debb grabs Sheila and they both pull. Sheila escapes but her right flip-flop is stuck in the goo and begins to bubble and liquefy right before their eyes.

"What the mother fucking hell was THAT?", Sheila asks.

"Oh", Debb says, "Yeah... I'm pretty sure that was Doug from Manitoba. I recognize that Razor shirt he was wearing at dinner last night. Damned Canadians melting into puddles all over this bloody boat. That's the third one I've seen today"

YOU KNOW....you're havn a bad day when you step in a big pile of CANUCK first thing in the morning..... :shock: :? :roll: :beerwink:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:11 am

debborah1 wrote:YOU KNOW....you're havn a bad day when you step in a big pile of CANUCK first thing in the morning..... :shock: :? :roll: :beerwink:

I'll be stepping in a big pile of it when I drive up to Vancouver for the Avs game on Nov. 24!

Bwahahahaha! :cheers:
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:54 am

metalgoddess wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:YOU KNOW....you're havn a bad day when you step in a big pile of CANUCK first thing in the morning..... :shock: :? :roll: :beerwink:

I'll be stepping in a big pile of it when I drive up to Vancouver for the Avs game on Nov. 24!

Ha haa.....be careful hun....that shit really sticks to ur shoe!! ;) :cheers:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:35 pm

metalgoddess wrote:

Let's go AVALANCHE!!!! :cheers: And yes, I'm from Detroit! :givebeer: :twisted:
    audrey
    Petty Officer

by audrey » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:05 pm

As my hubby already stated (Karlsberg), we are from a town near Toronto. We will be driving up with another friend a couple of days before the boat leaves. We love road tripping, and it will be like two vacations in one.

There are about 10 of us from our little metal community going right now (as far as I know). Should be good times!
    AlestormHail of Bullets/Asphyx/11th HourTurisasDark FortressDying FetusVomitoryHeidevolkArkonaDeeds of FleshImmortalAura NoirKalmahInsomniumWarbringerHoly GrailHavokEvileAnthraxMoonsorrowAmorphisUnleash The ArchersTriptykonThyrfingStormlordSatyriconPrimordialNaglfarEntombedWintersunEnslavedAbortedLeaves EyesPrimal FearManegarmVreidKampfar
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:12 pm

audrey wrote:As my hubby already stated (Karlsberg), we are from a town near Toronto. We will be driving up with another friend a couple of days before the boat leaves. We love road tripping, and it will be like two vacations in one.

There are about 10 of us from our little metal community going right now (as far as I know). Should be good times!

WOW!!! 10 of you from the same city?? that is going to be one hellova road trip!!....Shit...I might just have you swing through AZ and pick me up!! ;) You guys are gonna have sooo much fun! :headbanger: :headbanger:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    audrey
    Petty Officer

by audrey » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:17 pm

Haha, yes that would be amazing if we all drove down together. But, I don't believe that we are. Just a few of us, and the rest are flying. At least right now that is the plan. It is still a long way away, so maybe the plans will change.

That gave me a great idea!!! Metal Bus!!!! :shred:
    AlestormHail of Bullets/Asphyx/11th HourTurisasDark FortressDying FetusVomitoryHeidevolkArkonaDeeds of FleshImmortalAura NoirKalmahInsomniumWarbringerHoly GrailHavokEvileAnthraxMoonsorrowAmorphisUnleash The ArchersTriptykonThyrfingStormlordSatyriconPrimordialNaglfarEntombedWintersunEnslavedAbortedLeaves EyesPrimal FearManegarmVreidKampfar
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:23 pm

audrey wrote:Haha, yes that would be amazing if we all drove down together. But, I don't believe that we are. Just a few of us, and the rest are flying. At least right now that is the plan. It is still a long way away, so maybe the plans will change.

OH WOW!!!......You would all save sooo much money by renting a Metal Bus!! And imagine how fun it would be!!
    The 70,000 TONS OF METAL BUS!...and if you got one big enuff you could pick more people up along the way lol!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    audrey
    Petty Officer

by audrey » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:34 pm

I like the way you think Debb! There is something to that. Maybe we should start a thread. It could be like a tour bus....no.....multiple buses.
    Hmmmmm, I have some thinking to do!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:54 pm

I sense an epic metal road trip adventure movie in the making!! :headbanger:

Granted, originating in Canada it will be horribly cast, filmed on a shoestring budget and only ever air on CBC late night but, epic nonetheless!! :twisted:

audrey
    Petty Officer

by audrey » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:01 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I sense an epic metal road trip adventure movie in the making!! :headbanger:

Granted, originating in Canada it will be horribly cast, filmed on a shoestring budget and only ever air on CBC late night but, epic nonetheless!! :twisted:

Absolutely!! Maybe Sam Dunn would be down to film THAT particular beauty. (1) He's Canadian (2) We won't be able to pay him, so the budget will be shit!

Or we could just patch together random point and shoot video. Any movie that I make would have to have at least one montage of people doing nonsense things! Maybe the whole movie can be montages with occasional random audio.......... or, maybe I should leave film making to the professionals. :lol:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:15 pm

audrey wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:I sense an epic metal road trip adventure movie in the making!! :headbanger:

Absolutely!! Maybe Sam Dunn would be down to film THAT particular beauty. (1) He's Canadian (2) We won't be able to pay him, so the budget will be shit!

Or we could just patch together random point and shoot video. Any movie that I make would have to have at least one montage of people doing nonsense things! Maybe the whole movie can be montages with occasional random audio.......... or, maybe I should leave film making to the professionals. :lol:

LOL.....I like ur idea better!! ;) :D
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:17 pm

With you and your brilliance Robb....I could see you taking over and making this work! :lol: :D
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:24 pm

audrey wrote:I like the way you think Debb! There is something to that. Maybe we should start a thread. It could be like a tour bus....no.....multiple buses.
    Hmmmmm, I have some thinking to do!!

Make it happennnnn!!! :shred: :headbanger: :shred: <<<<------thats for Laura (aka Tyrwoman) lol
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:31 pm

debborah1 wrote:

With you and your brilliance Robb....I could see you taking over and making this work! :lol: :D

I'm certain you're speaking of a different guy, one who (like you) needs to b's in his name. And even if I had the vision and the skill, I most definitely lack the budget. I can't even TIE my shoes these days :cry:

ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:04 am

Hah! I myself have pondered the possibilities of combustion or turning into a puddle of goo in the heat. I'm actually visiting family and friends in Utah and Arizona right now, and am dealing with 35+ Celsius temps! Here in the dry heat I was more concerned about combustion, but I'm surviving so far. Add in the humidity of Florida and I'm guessing the puddle-of-goo thing might be much more of a concern.

My biggest worry about turning into goo wasn't/isn't so much the mere fact that I'll be a puddle of goo, but that AS a puddle of goo I won't be allowed back on the airplane home, as I'll be a restricted liquid and will probably get confiscated by Homeland Security. What a way to go....

Maybe the decks of the ship should be sprayed down with PAM or some such thing so us destined-to-melt folks can be scraped up easier. I'd hate to ruin anyone's day, or shoes! Maybe a pre-cruise screening of Street Trash is in order?
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:11 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:

I'm certain you're speaking of a different guy, one who (like you) needs to b's in his name. And even if I had the vision and the skill, I most definitely lack the budget. I can't even TIE my shoes these days :cry:

OH ITS YOU ALL RIGHT!!.....And this sort of excursion would be split up into whoever participates...(big savings) ...........just sayin......it sounded good at the time lol :headbanger: :headbanger:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:14 am

nice idea ... a metal bus lol .... depending on your route, you could gather extras along the way through the US what a road trip (adventure) that would make :shred: but you would have to start a few days earlier to gather everyone haha :givebeer: :beerhorns:
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:27 am

debborah1 wrote:
    audrey wrote:Haha, yes that would be amazing if we all drove down together. But, I don't believe that we are. Just a few of us, and the rest are flying. At least right now that is the plan. It is still a long way away, so maybe the plans will change.

OH WOW!!!......You would all save sooo much money by renting a Metal Bus!! And imagine how fun it would be!!
    The 70,000 TONS OF METAL BUS!...and if you got one big enuff you could pick more people up along the way lol!!

Metal Bus. Great idea!

By the way, a friend from Germany told me that there is a group of almost 50 people all from the same town, or at least the same area. Don't remember the name of the town, somewhere north of Frankfurt or so, but it was some place out in the sticks. Anyway, I heard that they all drive by bus together to the airport and fly to Miami. I am already feeling sorry for the cabin crew on that flight, NOT. :heavydrink: :lol: :party: :headbanger:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:10 am

Dark Dreams wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:

Metal Bus. Great idea!

By the way, a friend from Germany told me that there is a group of almost 50 people all from the same town, or at least the same area. Don't remember the name of the town, somewhere north of Frankfurt or so, but it was some place out in the sticks. Anyway, I heard that they all drive by bus together to the airport and fly to Miami. I am already feeling sorry for the cabin crew on that flight, NOT. :heavydrink: :lol: :party: :headbanger:

OH man! I could just imagine!!! WOW :headbanger:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:26 pm

You could join the 'Metre high club' on a metal bus...

What would the club be on a boat?

The 12-deck high club?
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

• Locked 131 posts