Post Reply 341 posts
5 MONTHS until Round X!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: 5 MONTHS until Round X!

by Pellaz » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:01 pm

Downvod wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:21 pm
    Phoenix wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:03 am Y'all seem to think that UMC can process gold sales in a day or two. The number of Gold sailors increases every year, and in previous years they had like a business week to process these things. And you want them to cram all that work into a DAY?

If that's the plan, this is setting themselves up for a complete disaster when it comes to opening sales. I really think there HAS to be a change up this year, or a change in the monthly plan.

And if I'm wrong, good luck to all of you. You're gonna need it.
    What I am suggesting is that they choose to process all of the bookings before opening up the next tier. They don’t necessarily HAVE to. They can allow everyone to book from each tier and process them all collectively.
    --But they can't process bookings for a new tier unless they know exactly what's available to offer after the previous tier.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:27 pm

9/23: Announcements
    9/24 7:00: Gold booking opens
    9/24 12:00: Silver booking opens
    9/24 17:00: General booking opens
    9/25: No more installments payment option = no more 5% bonus for paying cash (right?)

See, there’s plenty of time left.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:51 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:01 pm
    Downvod wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:21 pm
    Phoenix wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:03 am Y'all seem to think that UMC can process gold sales in a day or two. The number of Gold sailors increases every year, and in previous years they had like a business week to process these things. And you want them to cram all that work into a DAY?

If that's the plan, this is setting themselves up for a complete disaster when it comes to opening sales. I really think there HAS to be a change up this year, or a change in the monthly plan.

And if I'm wrong, good luck to all of you. You're gonna need it.
    What I am suggesting is that they choose to process all of the bookings before opening up the next tier. They don’t necessarily HAVE to. They can allow everyone to book from each tier and process them all collectively.
    --But they can't process bookings for a new tier unless they know exactly what's available to offer after the previous tier.
    If they can open up booking to everyone at the same time, how could they not do what I am suggesting? As we all submit our requests to book, the website is automatically removing sold out cabins and making them unavailable. They would basically just allow access to the website to each group of people at separate times.

If a gold survivor were to book 3 days after sales opened in previous years, the site would know which cabin categories were available to offer to them. How would it be any different if they were to open up those same remaining categories to silver survivors on day 3? What am I missing here?
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:42 pm

Hey Andy, can we have announcements now? Please say yes, dis-moi oui (you speak French, don’t you?):

Andy hurries
    Andy is wary
    Andy hesitates
    Does he feel like it?

Andy hesitates
    Andy is wary
    Andy hurries
    Andy goes home
    Andy always avoided trouble
    Andy hurries
    Is wary

This song felt appropriate at the time :wank:
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:05 pm

Speaking of Andy, there's a song called 'Andy's Dead' by BBQ Chickens (Japan band)

And this...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjmJaS1D4I4

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:46 pm

OK ANDY!!!

IT'S SHOWTIME!

First band announcement in....

13 time survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:42 pm

LOL at all the doom and gloom :P

Really reminds me of the EARLY DAYS. That very first cruise. When there was no social media updates of any kind other than band announcements.

Whenever the break between announcements went any more than a week or two we were all like "OMG THIS THING ISN'T REAL IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!" :P :P

And every year since, Andy has had to find new and improved ways to try and keep us on our toes:

- months without a single announcement? CHECK
    - announce bands before the bands have confirmed? CHECK
    - announce a whole heap of bands in succession, then nothing for ages? CHECK
    - leave announcing anything until end of August? CHECK

*Fuck what do I do now? I know! I'll make it September this time!!!*
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:14 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDYYYY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ....

CHOP, CHOP!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:22 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:14 pm AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDYYYY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ....

CHOP, CHOP!
    CHOP FUCKING CHOP MY DUDE
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:30 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:42 pm Really reminds me of the EARLY DAYS. That very first cruise. When there was no social media updates of any kind other than band announcements.

Whenever the break between announcements went any more than a week or two we were all like "OMG THIS THING ISN'T REAL IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!" :P :P
    Right? I remember the top two comments were either

SCAM!

or

Sausage Fest!

Little did we know

I guess if I win the prediction thread AND get some great thrash announcements before mid-December, I'll have to kick some major ass at the poker tables when Paul and I hit Vegas before xmas so I can get myself onbroad for the ten year festivities :boobs:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:07 pm

Here’s a scoop: there are only two time slots available on the Independence for early 2021, Jan 16-30 or Feb 18-22: https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Inde ... =itinerary
    Everything else has a price, so is not chartered.
    2021 is the end of the last 3-year contract, isn’t it?
    If not, as someone noticed on Discord on the charter FAQ (http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com ... rter-faqs/), an Oasis class ship charter starts at 7 days and 6.5M, so not gonna happen until Disturbed and Slipknot get on broad.
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:26 am

I had to counsel a survivor today.
    We spoke over the phone for a bit, she was in tears, because she's been reading the rumors and speculation
    on the fbook forum. There's a lot of that going around. With all this crazy silence shit.
    The effect the boat has!
    It's real!
    I dunno what on Earth could be taking so damn long but I told her that the cruise is going ahead!
    I used to hate ' bric-a-bac ' as my pet hate word, but now, it's changed to ' soon ' .
    I let out a Tom G Warriror " uggh" to that.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:54 am

This post on 70K's latest troll post on Facebook says it ALL:

Tracy Louise "This is ironic , I'm in that photo but because of all the delays and lack of communication, I can't come in 2020.
    Cheers 70k!"
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:21 am

Here’s my working theory.

Whichever big name band (or bands) they had lined up backed out at the last minute. So they’re either trying to figure out how to get them back, or scrambling to find replacements that would be worthy of headliner status for a “milestone” event in Round X. As a result, I’m guessing that when announcements do start, there will be lots of us left wondering “we waited extra months for that?”

I simply can’t imagine any festival organizer in their right mind thinking that pissing off every potential customer (and losing more than a few in the process) to create a sense of “mystery” or “anticipation” is a winning marketing strategy.

There has to be something that’s gone wrong, and they’re scrambling to find replacements.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:42 am

Gratch wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:21 am Here’s my working theory.

Whichever big name band (or bands) they had lined up backed out at the last minute. So they’re either trying to figure out how to get them back, or scrambling to find replacements that would be worthy of headliner status for a “milestone” event in Round X. As a result, I’m guessing that when announcements do start, there will be lots of us left wondering “we waited extra months for that?”

I simply can’t imagine any festival organizer in their right mind thinking that pissing off every potential customer (and losing more than a few in the process) to create a sense of “mystery” or “anticipation” is a winning marketing strategy.

There has to be something that’s gone wrong, and they’re scrambling to find replacements.
    I don't know... i would still say they are winning. If people stopped following and commenting and no longer cared, that would be a concern. Having this many people logging on to the forums, engaged in social media, and still hungry for information is a win for any business.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:18 am

Downvod wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:42 am

I don't know... i would still say they are winning. If people stopped following and commenting and no longer cared, that would be a concern. Having this many people logging on to the forums, engaged in social media, and still hungry for information is a win for any business.
    I mean sort of.. We're still desperate for information because we want information on the product/service. We all know how amazing the product/service is, we've been there and it's the best time ever. However a lot of consumers are placing an increased importance on customer service and satisfaction, and even if they know the product is phenomenal, they don't want anything to do with it after they've received a negative experience relating to customer service/satisfaction.

At the moment, from a purely business standpoint, they're still 'winning' because of course they're going to sell tickets, lots, and turn a profit, and continue to do so. But they're on a dangerous path, if they continue with the bullshit an increased amount of consumers are going to no longer consider it worth it and will likely leave 70k for other festivals.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:36 am

PotatoPotahto wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:18 am
    Downvod wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:42 am

I mean sort of.. We're still desperate for information because we want information on the product/service. We all know how amazing the product/service is, we've been there and it's the best time ever. However a lot of consumers are placing an increased importance on customer service and satisfaction, and even if they know the product is phenomenal, they don't want anything to do with it after they've received a negative experience relating to customer service/satisfaction.

At the moment, from a purely business standpoint, they're still 'winning' because of course they're going to sell tickets, lots, and turn a profit, and continue to do so. But they're on a dangerous path, if they continue with the bullshit an increased amount of consumers are going to no longer consider it worth it and will likely leave 70k for other festivals.
    I got you, but this isn't a new issue. People have had complaints with how 70k rolls out the announcements and booking details since the early days. I believe it was 2013 where there was a 5-month announcement drought? This was after people already paid, and they couldn't get information. Yet, they sold out a bigger boat in 2015 and demand keeps going up every year. People were really pissed last year too, but after August 31, I didn't see too many people focused on how long it took to get rolling. Once people are on the boat again, they will be hungry for more. Unless this year happens to actually royally crash and burn, I don't see them having any business troubles anytime soon.

Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:38 am

The FB bot/troll posted this today, in case anyone missed it.
    Yes, the Payment Plan will be available for when tickets go on sale :) We can't wait to see you on board!
    Not quite sure how that’s gonna work.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:15 pm

Gratch wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:38 am The FB bot/troll posted this today, in case anyone missed it.
    Yes, the Payment Plan will be available for when tickets go on sale :) We can't wait to see you on board!
    Not quite sure how that’s gonna work.
    Technically if tickets go on sale on September 24th at 11:59:59 they aren't lying.
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:19 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:42 pm LOL at all the doom and gloom :P
    *Fuck what do I do now? I know! I'll make it September this time!!!*
    Andy sure knows how to rattle people's chains. I love it, so many losing their shit over the delays, it's comical. I won't start getting worried until Halloween.

But then again, all those stories where people end up staying too long before an invasion/occupation or a employment layoff is coming and they get screwed in the end because they hoped for the best but it turned south. I think I'll be one of them. Naw it aint gonna happen that way, be optimistic, things will get better, bwahahaha!
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:37 pm

So, I'm very confident 70k is happening, but let's just say it somehow didn't. RC is still going to have a cruise set for that day and so everyone who will already be there could probably just get a cruise for really cheap since they'll try to get people on it last minute. Not that it would be nearly as good, but probably would cost only about $300-500 per person even with taxes and port fees.

Again, I'm not at all worried personally, but I've seen people on FB talking about making backup plans. :roll: :lol:
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
      Pellaz
      Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:16 pm

Tiki108 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:37 pm So, I'm very confident 70k is happening, but let's just say it somehow didn't. RC is still going to have a cruise set for that day and so everyone who will already be there could probably just get a cruise for really cheap since they'll try to get people on it last minute. Not that it would be nearly as good, but probably would cost only about $300-500 per person even with taxes and port fees.

Again, I'm not at all worried personally, but I've seen people on FB talking about making backup plans. :roll: :lol:
      Yep. Full-charter cancellations ARE rare, but they DO happen. Prices are ridiculously low after that to help fill the ship, and even then it's often at less than full capacity...but it's better than losing ALL of the fare revenue.
      2025 Wishlist:
      1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    • Godflesh
      Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:37 pm

Tiki108
      Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:57 pm

Pellaz wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:16 pm
      Tiki108 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:37 pm So, I'm very confident 70k is happening, but let's just say it somehow didn't. RC is still going to have a cruise set for that day and so everyone who will already be there could probably just get a cruise for really cheap since they'll try to get people on it last minute. Not that it would be nearly as good, but probably would cost only about $300-500 per person even with taxes and port fees.

Yep. Full-charter cancellations ARE rare, but they DO happen. Prices are ridiculously low after that to help fill the ship, and even then it's often at less than full capacity...but it's better than losing ALL of the fare revenue.
      Yeah and I really don't think it's going to be cancelled, but just on the off chance that would be an option. Though Disney's Star Wars Day cruise falls on my birthday in January and it's up for FL resident discount right now, so I'd probably do that if somehow hell freezes over and 70k got cancelled.

2024_Wishlist:

• Phoenix
        Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:54 am

I will be very surprised if the cruise was cancelled, I don't think that's what's happening here. Gratch's theory isn't bad, but honestly Andy is probably just weeding out people. Unless he books Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus, he'll still sell out the cruise even if he announces it in October.

Survivor:
        Out for 2023
        jeyrow
        Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:05 am

Since I decided not to go the next edition, the issue of the backwardness of the bands, prices, etc. no longer steals my peace. It would be a good punishment for many for the lack of seriousness in the event.
        In the same way Andy does not care, because he will always be sold out, but for faithful people, it is unfair.
        70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
        70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
        70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
        70000Tons - 2018 - No
        70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
        70000Tons - 2020 - No
      • zboy
        Oiler

by zboy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Last edited by zboy on Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
        cowboy71
        Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:40 pm

So they keep saying there will be a four payment plan, but some cruisers are saying "who cares? just pay up front and get it over with!"

Well, one area that us Aussies (and other non-Americans too) can benefit from with the 4-payments-plan, is fluctuations in the currency values.

Using the costs I had to book a cabin of 3 for this year as an example:
        Pay in full discount for golds - 15%
        TOTAL Cost = $US4242.30

Payment plan discount for golds - 10%
        Total Cost = $US4417.20, so four payments of $US1104.30

Australian Exchange rate against the US = .687
        So for me, to pay in full now = $6175 Australian

BUT if I paid using the four payment plan and say, the AUD goes up! It has been on a steady rise - it has risen 2 cents in the last month against the USD. What if that continued?
        Payment 1 = $1104.30 / .687 = $AU1607
        Payment 2 = $1104.3 / .707 = $AU1561
        Payment 3 = $1104.3 / .727 = $AU1519
        Payment 4 = $1104.3 / .747 = $AU1478

Total cost = $6165 :P Only $10 cheaper, but ... cheaper! And obviously I've also had the balance in my account earning interest over the course of those 3 months too.
        Upcoming Gigs:
        2025 Wishlist
        Tiki108
        Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:58 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:40 pm So they keep saying there will be a four payment plan, but some cruisers are saying "who cares? just pay up front and get it over with!"

Well, one area that us Aussies (and other non-Americans too) can benefit from with the 4-payments-plan, is fluctuations in the currency values.

Using the costs I had to book a cabin of 3 for this year as an example:
        Pay in full discount for golds - 15%
        TOTAL Cost = $US4242.30

Payment plan discount for golds - 10%
        Total Cost = $US4417.20, so four payments of $US1104.30

Australian Exchange rate against the US = .687
        So for me, to pay in full now = $6175 Australian

BUT if I paid using the four payment plan and say, the AUD goes up! It has been on a steady rise - it has risen 2 cents in the last month against the USD. What if that continued?
        Payment 1 = $1104.30 / .687 = $AU1607
        Payment 2 = $1104.3 / .707 = $AU1561
        Payment 3 = $1104.3 / .727 = $AU1519
        Payment 4 = $1104.3 / .747 = $AU1478

Total cost = $6165 :P Only $10 cheaper, but ... cheaper! And obviously I've also had the balance in my account earning interest over the course of those 3 months too.
        Out of pure curiosity, what are the interest rates for bank accounts like in Australia? My savings is earning 1.9% at the moment, which for the US is pretty solid, but it’s probably terrible compared to the rest of the world.

2024_Wishlist:

cowboy71
          Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:55 pm

Tiki108 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:58 pm Out of pure curiosity, what are the interest rates for bank accounts like in Australia? My savings is earning 1.9% at the moment, which for the US is pretty solid, but it’s probably terrible compared to the rest of the world.
          Yeah ours is about the same - maybe less even! The economy here is in the toilet at the moment :(
          Upcoming Gigs:
          2025 Wishlist
          Amalu
          Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:56 am

Tiki108 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:58 pm Out of pure curiosity, what are the interest rates for bank accounts like in Australia? My savings is earning 1.9% at the moment, which for the US is pretty solid, but it’s probably terrible compared to the rest of the world.
          Well you are lucky. In Switzerland interest rates are hovering around 0. I'll get 0.4% for my savings. Oh and should you have more then a quarter of million you will have negative interest rates. That's right you will need to pay the bank interest rates, not the other way around.

Students can get up to 0.8%.

This is almost the same for any European country at the moment.
          cowboy71
          Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:36 am

Amalu wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:56 am ....Oh and should you have more then a quarter of million you will have negative interest rates. That's right you will need to pay the bank interest rates, not the other way around.
          Well I guess that is one way to encourage spending in order to try and bolster the economy!!! :shock:
          Upcoming Gigs:
          2025 Wishlist
          Amalu
          Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:45 am

Yes, that's basically the plan the European Central Bank has.

Key interest rates are negative within Europe (EU and Switzerland). A Bank can thus borrow money from the ECB and repay less money then borrowed. All to push more money into the economy.

Hey in Denmark there's a bank where you have negative interest rates for any morgage you have for buying a house. Take our million and give us back 900k over the course of 25 years. :lol:
          cowboy71
          Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:53 pm

Haven't even seen a 'no news' update from 70k facebook in almost a week. Getting impatient!

Upcoming Gigs:
          2025 Wishlist
          Pellaz
          Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:42 pm

Amalu wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:56 am
          Well you are lucky. In Switzerland interest rates are hovering around 0. I'll get 0.4% for my savings. Oh and should you have more then a quarter of million you will have negative interest rates. That's right you will need to pay the bank interest rates, not the other way around.

Tiki108 probably has that money in an online bank. In the US, those pay more in interest than credit unions or conventional banks. The latter don't offer interest over .5 % and it's usually around a tenth of a percent, for savings and checking accounts.
          2025 Wishlist:
        • alex_canada
          Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:45 pm

You dudes are all worked up for no reason. This'll be my tenth time, and I have vacation booked and money set aside. When I get the app notification, I'll pay more attention to the site and get excited about bands. You're just spending all the time in the middle stressing and thinking that a multi-million dollar, decade-long international cruise won't happen because...? Nothing in the big picture has changed.
          3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
          Tiki108
          Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:54 pm

Pellaz wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:42 pm

Tiki108 probably has that money in an online bank. In the US, those pay more in interest than credit unions or conventional banks. The latter don't offer interest over .5 % and it's usually around a tenth of a percent, for savings and checking accounts.
          Yeah, it is an online bank. I do have 1 checking that's not online that I keep a small amount in for when I need cash, but for the most part I prefer the online ones. Most banks pay little to nothing, but I had not heard of the negative interest. I work in banking, so I just think it's interesting to hear how it's done outside the US.

2024_Wishlist:

Pellaz
            Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:25 am

Tiki108 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:54 pm
            Pellaz wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:42 pm

Yeah, it is an online bank. I do have 1 checking that's not online that I keep a small amount in for when I need cash, but for the most part I prefer the online ones. Most banks pay little to nothing, but I had not heard of the negative interest. I work in banking, so I just think it's interesting to hear how it's done outside the US.
            Yeah, just the PHRASE "negative interest" sounds like an abomination. :shock:
            2025 Wishlist:
          • Godflesh
            Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:44 pm

Adding people to your cabin after October 7th costs $100 per person (unless it's within 48h of the lead booking) (https://70000tons.com/terms-conditions/):
            Name changes or unknown guest additions after October 7, 2019 up and until December 7, 2019 – USD 100.00 Guest Change Fee per Passenger.
            It also costs more to cancel:
            Cancellation Date:
            Cancellation Charges
            until October 7, 2019
            USD 100.00 per Passenger
            after October 7, 2019
            25% of Grand Total Ticket Price
            after November 7, 2019
            50% of Grand Total Ticket Price
            after December 7, 2019
            No refund
            It seems a bit unfair to open booking at the end of September and then penalize your customers if they don't finalize their full cabin by the beginning of October.
            That's in addition to the fact of having only a few days (hours? minutes?) to benefit from the payment plan once public booking opens.
            Tiki108
            Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:35 pm

Godflesh wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:44 pm It seems a bit unfair to open booking at the end of September and then penalize your customers if they don't finalize their full cabin by the beginning of October.
            That's in addition to the fact of having only a few days (hours? minutes?) to benefit from the payment plan once public booking opens.
            I'm wondering if he's waiting until after the 25th and just going to tell everyone they have to pay in full upfront and try to avoid people cancelling. Obviously I'm just guessing, but he's coming down to the wire.

2024_Wishlist:

Post Reply 341 posts